Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,817 members, 7,820,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today (34138 Views)

Ime Udoka To Be Announced Brooklyn Nets' Head Coach - Report / FC Porto Club Pays A Witch Doctor ₦110m A Year To Help Them Win The League (Pix) / Ballon D’or 2021: Two Winners To Be Announced This Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by thunderbabs: 11:50am On Sep 24, 2018
Itz going to Luka... No wan hear Rona
Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by nekkygracie: 11:51am On Sep 24, 2018
ororo deserves it, biko.
Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by tafat: 11:53am On Sep 24, 2018
shiftback:

The tiger is back in the woods!! Some of us thought he was finished at the highest level but he proved us wrong. Would be nice to have seen what his odds on betway were
true,the odds on betway would have been pretty cool, nobody would have believed he would come out victorious with shots like that.
Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by Cyriloha(m): 1:03pm On Sep 24, 2018
akinszz:
Ororo

Luka

Puskas goes to bale

Mark my words
Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by trustedward(m): 1:13pm On Sep 24, 2018
Ronaldo clearly deserves it but as u can see, Messi is not there and All his manipulators don’t want Ronaldo to surpass him, it’s funny how someone who wasn’t even in the top 5 contenders to just jump in and become the Favourite because he got to the final of a World Cup he couldn’t win, yes he played well but if Ronaldo had played in the midst of the Croatians players, he would have even gone on to win it, it’s no surprise after the champions league people av been looking for who to Favour ahead of him since Messi didn’t really do well, from Mbape to Salah to nw Mordric, that’s life for u

5 Likes

Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by sheylarhh(m): 1:29pm On Sep 24, 2018
bluecircle470:

And what can we say....
Is it your like?
Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by pazienza(m): 1:31pm On Sep 24, 2018
Babysho:

Ronaldo didn't do anything in the UCL final. Ronaldo didn't take his country to the world cup final. Ronaldo didn't win the La Liga. Scored a lot of goals. Has a few assists

Same as Salah didn't do anything in the UCL final, didn't take his country to the world cup final and didn't win the premiership. Scored a lot of goals. Has a lot of assists.

Modric didn't do much in the UCL final, took his country to the world cup final and didn't win La Liga. Has a few assists.

So who's your winner?

Without CR7 goals, Madrid wouldn't have gotten a chance to get to the UCL semis, let alone the final.

He was UCL highest goal scorer for 4 seasons Now.

1 Like

Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by Nobody: 1:31pm On Sep 24, 2018

Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by bluecircle470: 1:40pm On Sep 24, 2018
sheylarhh:

Is it your like?

cool

1 Share

Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by superpauL(m): 1:45pm On Sep 24, 2018
Britishcoins:
We the IPOB already know that the award belongs to CR7, he is the real GOAT....
Oya bring better update
Nwachineke, you're so on point
Thanks for making my day!
God bless you
can't stop laughing.
Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by FIRDAUS3(m): 2:09pm On Sep 24, 2018
Give it to C Gogongo grin
Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by davibid: 2:53pm On Sep 24, 2018
9jayes:
MO SALAH

“The reason why I think Salah should win the award is because of the journey he has taken to achieve what he has .

“To come back to England after his disappointment with Chelsea and become the Premier League’s top scorer, as well as reach the Champions League final and lead his country to the World Cup for the first time in 28 years, is something unheard of.

“Furthermore, if FIFA were to look at the big picture and consider the hardships and culture barriers each player had to endure in the course of his career to reach this level, then Salah must win hands down.

Keep your petty sentiments to your self

If you talk of hardship... please google the childhood of CR7

Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by Osaroman(m): 3:16pm On Sep 24, 2018
RONALDO ALL THE WAY. MODRIC HAS ALREADY WON THE UEFA BEST PLAYER,SO HE SHOULD ENJOY THAT. AND FOR SALAR,HE SHOULD WORK HARDER, HE'S ALMOST THERE.
Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by Seun360(m): 3:20pm On Sep 24, 2018
ebig21:

All these sore and pained messi fans, you don't pull someone down because you don't like him, rather you encourage his opponent. you should have said modric or sallah would win, and not stating categorically that Ronaldo won't win. change your ways

In summary, you lack what to say.
Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by Triangles1(m): 3:27pm On Sep 24, 2018
Prophecy,, there's a man giving unecesary red card, recently, he's going to be the winner tonight. Next.......
Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by Penywise(m): 3:51pm On Sep 24, 2018
C ronaldo go win am na
Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by einsteine(m): 4:02pm On Sep 24, 2018
Triangles1:
Prophecy,, there's a man giving unecesary red card, recently, he's going to be the winner tonight. Next.......

He already knows he won't win. So he won't be attending. Sorry.
Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by PINES: 4:10pm On Sep 24, 2018
Make Una clear my head abeg. Werin Mo Salah dey play? I never see a single thing! Why is he there?
Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by Jokerman(m): 4:30pm On Sep 24, 2018
2017/18 stats in all competitions:-

Mohamed Salah: 55 games. 47 goals. 16 assists. 0 trophies-
Cristiano Ronaldo: 53 games. 49 goals. 9 assists. 4 trophies-
Luka Modrić: 45 games. 7 goals, 3 assists. 4 trophies
Lionel Messi: 56 games. 45 goals, 18 assists. 2 trophies

Only one can be 'The Best'...
Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by ukandi1(m): 4:31pm On Sep 24, 2018
9jayes:
MO SALAH

“The reason why I think Salah should win the award is because of the journey he has taken to achieve what he has .

“To come back to England after his disappointment with Chelsea and become the Premier League’s top scorer, as well as reach the Champions League final and lead his country to the World Cup for the first time in 28 years, is something unheard of.

“Furthermore, if FIFA were to look at the big picture and consider the hardships and culture barriers each player had to endure in the course of his career to reach this level, then Salah must win hands down.
He also took Liverpool to the finals of Europe's most prestigious football tournament, the UEFA champions league where an injury he sustained denied his team the glory.
Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by PurestBoy(m): 4:38pm On Sep 24, 2018
Richimills:

Still don't know why Messi isn't there...
His hattrick in Argentina last qualifying game gave them the world cup slot...
He has scored more goals than sallah and Ronaldo....
Please I'm open to explanations

Even as a midfielder o
Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by PurestBoy(m): 4:42pm On Sep 24, 2018
Jokerman:
2017/18 stats in all competitions:-

Mohamed Salah: 55 games. 47 goals. 16 assists. 0 trophies-
Cristiano Ronaldo: 53 games. 49 goals. 9 assists. 4 trophies-
Luka Modrić: 45 games. 7 goals, 3 assists. 4 trophies

Only one can be 'The Best'...

Can you please modify and put Messi's stats to make it 5
Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by Jokerman(m): 5:14pm On Sep 24, 2018
PurestBoy:

I didn't include Messi because FIFA didn't nominate him for top 3, although we know he should have been there ahead of Salah and even Modric....
Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by PurestBoy(m): 6:08pm On Sep 24, 2018
Jokerman:

I didn't include Messi because FIFA didn't nominate him for top 3, although we know he should have been there ahead of Salah and even Modric....

I know but just please help put it. I want to show someone
Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by GetCofOProperty: 6:19pm On Sep 24, 2018
PurestBoy:

grin grin grin

Ronaldo or no other... Maybe Modric can clinch it.
Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by GetCofOProperty: 6:20pm On Sep 24, 2018
PurestBoy:

grin grin grin

Ronaldo or no other... Maybe Modric can clinch it...
Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by neroflo: 6:24pm On Sep 24, 2018
i want hazard to win it

WATCH LIVE HERE
Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by olaztek(m): 6:50pm On Sep 24, 2018
Ronaldo rightly deserves it as He won the UEFA champions league, finished as the champions league top scorer and also won the FIFA club world cup.
Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by Jokerman(m): 7:07pm On Sep 24, 2018
PurestBoy:

ok... Messi... 56 games 45 goals 18 assists....
Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by wwwtortoise(m): 8:22am On Sep 25, 2018
wwwtortoise:
Who else will bag this prestigious award if not the same man who was controversially shown a red card 5days ago.

I was wrong.
However *engnr* modric deserved it too.
Impeccable display last season for both club and country.
Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by holicalpha(m): 3:35am On Sep 30, 2018
Tomoyayi:

If only your rooting will count towards the vote

I am a fan right?

I am entitled to have a favorite...

#PeaceOut

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Messi Wanted Me To Take It - Mbappe On Decision To Take Penalty / Super Eagles Players Rock T-shirt With Carl Ikeme's Face On It To Show Him Suppo / My Mother Was In Tears After I Received Racist Abuse - Tammy Abraham

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.