Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,694 members, 7,820,424 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today (34137 Views)

Ime Udoka To Be Announced Brooklyn Nets' Head Coach - Report / FC Porto Club Pays A Witch Doctor ₦110m A Year To Help Them Win The League (Pix) / Ballon D’or 2021: Two Winners To Be Announced This Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by XaviDayo(m): 8:40am On Sep 24, 2018
Give Modric. ....end of story.
Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by gladisa7: 8:42am On Sep 24, 2018
Modric already won it..thats why tall-athletic-handsome-man CRonaldo is not attending.
Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by XaviDayo(m): 8:43am On Sep 24, 2018
9jayes:
MO SALAH

“The reason why I think Salah should win the award is because of the journey he has taken to achieve what he has .

“To come back to England after his disappointment with Chelsea and become the Premier League’s top scorer, as well as reach the Champions League final and lead his country to the World Cup for the first time in 28 years, is something unheard of.

“Furthermore, if FIFA were to look at the big picture and consider the hardships and culture barriers each player had to endure in the course of his career to reach this level, then Salah must win hands down.

Nice write. Unfortunately, this your essay no go make sense to UEFA. All them dey see na two oyinbo and one negro. Shikenan
Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by neroflo: 8:45am On Sep 24, 2018
YOU CAN STREAM THE AWARD EVENTS LIVE HERE
Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by shakyum: 8:50am On Sep 24, 2018
CR7 deserve it for the 6th time
Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by rhames(m): 8:54am On Sep 24, 2018
Football fans are tired of seeing those two monsters holding that prize prize hostage. Both remind me of Tinubu and Aregbe rascal in the ongoing political standoff in Osun state where Adeleke is the favoured candidate. Luka Modric all the way.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by omokudu(m): 8:57am On Sep 24, 2018
#TeamModric if he doesn't win, i won't take the award seriously anymore.
Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by Priceless49(m): 9:05am On Sep 24, 2018
CR7 will miss the AWARD, I think Luka Modric will b d likely winner.
Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by Kulas: 9:07am On Sep 24, 2018
Mo Salah is the best.
Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by Tonymario58: 9:12am On Sep 24, 2018
9jayes:
MO SALAH

“The reason why I think Salah should win the award is because of the journey he has taken to achieve what he has .

“To come back to England after his disappointment with Chelsea and become the Premier League’s top scorer, as well as reach the Champions League final and lead his country to the World Cup for the first time in 28 years, is something unheard of.

“Furthermore, if FIFA were to look at the big picture and consider the hardships and culture barriers each player had to endure in the course of his career to reach this level, then Salah must win hands down.

Don't bring that sentiment here. Everybody is fighting a battle
Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by maxbetinc100: 9:14am On Sep 24, 2018
Hello can i have your contact, phone number or email..
neroflo:
YOU CAN STREAM THE AWARD EVENTS LIVE HERE
Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by sarcasticdude(m): 9:15am On Sep 24, 2018
I don't know about other sections but u see dat 25% from media rep? Na CR7 get am.argue with ya keyboards
Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by maxwell530(m): 9:19am On Sep 24, 2018
The season Antoine Griezmann lose all the finals in played in(ucl and Euro)Ronaldo beats him then because he won in the same finals (UCL and euro) but some people now believe he doesn't deserve to make the list now when he won all the finals he played(europa,world cup and super cup).
How did sallah that went trophyless with his club and his country was the only country with 0point at the world Cup made the list?

My opinion is Griezmann deserves the 3rd spot than Sallah.

2 Likes

Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by Halexgos3(m): 9:32am On Sep 24, 2018
I believe Fred will win.

1 Like

Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by cascarino(m): 9:59am On Sep 24, 2018
EVILFOREST:

PLEASE, I have a question
Are you clearly telling me that if they keep, SALAH and MESSI, you will judiciously go for SALAH...
That’s if you are asked to BUY one of these 2 players...
Did you read my comment before quoting me? My last paragraph answered this question you just asked.

Messi is miles ahead of Salah in football. But going by their performances in the season under review ( i.e 2017/2018) Salah's performance dwarfed that of Messi.

Pls, try to read and understand comments before quoting because I don't have strength to engage in arguments this morning.

2 Likes

Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by robinsonmfon(m): 10:01am On Sep 24, 2018
Golovin will win

1 Like

Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by Richimills(m): 10:02am On Sep 24, 2018
9jayes:
MO SALAH

Still don't know why Messi isn't there...
His hattrick in Argentina last qualifying game gave them the world cup slot...
He has scored more goals than sallah and Ronaldo....
Please I'm open to explanations
Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by Nobody: 10:04am On Sep 24, 2018
9jayes:
MO SALAH

Source: goal.com

Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by Mistadora01(m): 10:06am On Sep 24, 2018
Like For Cr7.... Share For CristianoRonaldo
Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by Cajal(m): 10:09am On Sep 24, 2018
post=71472829:
Give it up for C. RONALDO !

Another one to the numerous Trophy in his Cabinet! wink

...oh...sorry sir...
It's modric...UEFA PLAYER OF THE YEAR + BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD CUP=FIFA PLAYER OF THE YEAR/BALLON D,OR
Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by Osedagal(f): 10:13am On Sep 24, 2018
Modric will win and if he doesn't am going to deactivate my account
Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by flashlink(m): 10:23am On Sep 24, 2018
You guys have short memories; in 2016, when CR7 won UCL and Euro, Griezmann went on to win UEFA best player...but Ronaldo still won FIFA the best and balon d'or; that's exactly what will happen today
Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by dongalaxy(m): 10:27am On Sep 24, 2018
I give it to Ronaldo based on love but for merit, modric deserve it
Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by Babysho(m): 10:33am On Sep 24, 2018
Criis:
I stand with Luka

Like for Luka, Share for Ronnie boy

That Egyptian boy doesn't even deserve his top 3 slot, top 4? Yes

Ronaldo and Ramos probably ganged up against Salah. They had bad intentions for him. Ronaldo is a nasty player. It's Ronaldo that doesn't deserve top 3 slot, he didn't do anything we haven't seen before.
Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by Babysho(m): 10:42am On Sep 24, 2018
phizzy911:
People Rooting for LM10 are just nothing but Biased, if u guys had followed up with the just concluded champions league u will know Modric was never influential in Madrid winning that champions league, surprisingly Luka won Uefa player of the year(All thanks to Madrid for Influencing the award to his favour cus they couldn't deal with the fact that CR7 had left them) when he LM10 attributed nothing to his teams champions league glory. IMO Modric only had a good Tournament at the world cup and not clubwise, CR7 still has a better assist ratio than LM10. So now tell me from an unbiased view why Luka should Win the Fifa world Player of the Year over CR7 who scored Virtually all the Vital goals for Madrid last season in general. Mind you he only had one assist in Champions league and six in La liga for Madrid last season.

Ronaldo didn't do anything in the UCL final. Ronaldo didn't take his country to the world cup final. Ronaldo didn't win the La Liga. Scored a lot of goals. Has a few assists

Same as Salah didn't do anything in the UCL final, didn't take his country to the world cup final and didn't win the premiership. Scored a lot of goals. Has a lot of assists.

Modric didn't do much in the UCL final, took his country to the world cup final and didn't win La Liga. Has a few assists.

So who's your winner?

1 Like

Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by dotcomnamename: 10:49am On Sep 24, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Messi fans are the ones rooting for Modric because they do the want Ronaldo to surpass their idol.

If Modric should win it, the it is a clear bias against Ronaldo. Which trophy did Modric win that Ronaldo didn't win? It's not as if he won the world cup. This is about individuality, and Ronaldo surpasses him with goals.

Did your overhyped Ronaldo even reach the quarter final? undecided
Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by Babysho(m): 10:51am On Sep 24, 2018
maxwell530:
The season Antoine Griezmann lose all the finals in played in(ucl and Euro)Ronaldo beats him then because he won in the same finals (UCL and euro) but some people now believe he doesn't deserve to make the list now when he won all the finals he played(europa,world cup and super cup).
How did sallah that went trophyless with his club and his country was the only country with 0point at the world Cup made the list?

My opinion is Griezmann deserves the 3rd spot than Sallah.

Griezmann deserves to win first, second and third spot if it was based on team performance but this particular award is based on individual performance. Griezmann club and country already had it going on without him honestly. Did you watch Griezmann in the final? Invincible, not in a good way.
Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by maxwell530(m): 11:18am On Sep 24, 2018
Babysho:

Griezmann deserves to win first, second and third spot if it was based on team performance but this particular award is based on individual performance. Griezmann club and country already had it going on without him honestly. Did you watch Griezmann in the final? Invincible, not in a good way.
was Griezmann spectacular when he made the final 3 in 2016?
As much as you would like to deny it, that 3rd spot is just a consolation....messi, Griezmann both deserved it than Sallah.
Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by Ennyholar: 11:25am On Sep 24, 2018
Cristiano Ronaldo to win. Massive comeback for Tiger Woods . He smashed the #TourChampionship with only 2 shot to win his first title in years. Betway offers the best odds for Golf. #BetwayDaily

Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by shiftback: 11:32am On Sep 24, 2018
Ennyholar:
Cristiano Ronaldo to win. Massive comeback for Tiger Woods . He smashed the #TourChampionship with only 2 shot to win his first title in years. Betway offers the best odds for Golf. #BetwayDaily
The tiger is back in the woods!! Some of us thought he was finished at the highest level but he proved us wrong. Would be nice to have seen what his odds on betway were
Re: FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today by Kronor(m): 11:43am On Sep 24, 2018
Ronaldo to win

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Messi Wanted Me To Take It - Mbappe On Decision To Take Penalty / Super Eagles Players Rock T-shirt With Carl Ikeme's Face On It To Show Him Suppo / My Mother Was In Tears After I Received Racist Abuse - Tammy Abraham

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.