Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,844 members, 7,810,255 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:52 AM

Tinubu Is A Failure - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Is A Failure (3212 Views)

Saraki Begs Tinubu; Is Now Ready To Respect Leaders Position / Why Tinubu Is Scared Of Jimi Agbaje / Tinubu Is The MAJOR Problem Of Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Is A Failure by Mamajama(m): 3:33am On Apr 05, 2007
Please read this article

Tinubu waiting coupole weeks before election to give traditional ruler cars and teachers 30 busses, in a civilized nation that will be called bribery. He is

challenging teachers to decline the 50,000 naira promised by PDP but in contradiction he is providing buses. where has been been for the last couple of years? why wait till this vital moment to be generous.
Barely three weeks after he gave all traditional rulers in the state brand new cars, Governor Bola Tinubu of Lagos State has again given 30 Mercedes

Benz Marcopolo buses to teachers in the state.

Tinubu’s announcement, yesterday evening at the state secretariat auditorium, drew wild applause and jubilation from the teachers. The governor promised that the 30 buses would be delivered within the next one week, adding that before Friday, the teachers would get the first 15 buses to help ease their transportation difficulties.

Tinubu also promised that civil servants in the state would get 15 buses, Lagos State University (LASU) Students’ Union, two buses while the students unions of both the Yaba College of Technology and University of Lagos will get one bus each.

He also pledged one bus each to the School of Nursing, Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LASUTH) and the Lagos College of Primary Education, among others.

Tinubu appealed to the teachers not to sell their conscience by accepting the N50,000 the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) promised to give them during the election.

“Don’t sell your conscience. I have given everything I have for this state. My fear is that I don’t want it to be reversed.

“In the last eight years, my hairs have turned grey, I have worked hard for this state to put it on the path of growth in order to make the future better for your children.

“We must work together. Don’t listen to failed promises. I am not asking you to rig for me or Fashola but don’t allow yourself to be used to rig by any other party,” he advised the teachers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Is A Failure by Mamajama(m): 3:33am On Apr 05, 2007
Re: Tinubu Is A Failure by saintchux(m): 1:41pm On Apr 09, 2007
Tinubu is a failure!
OBJ is a failure!
Peter Odili is a failure!
Atiku is a failure!
El rufai is a failure!
Ribadu is a failure!
Nigeria is a failure!
MAMAJAMA is a failure!

Who is remaining?

very soon all niaralanders are failures!!!!!

Why not condemn what someone did than branding the person as a failure!
Re: Tinubu Is A Failure by alabiyemmy(m): 1:47pm On Apr 09, 2007
Tinubu formed AC to put Atiku in so as to shield his 8 years atrocities when Atiku comes in, now gullible Nigerians are routing for both Tinubu and Atiku, the most corrupt Nigerians on the surface of the earth, where did Atiku and Tinubu get money to buy a Newspaper house? Yes, they both own a newspaper house in Nigeria, what has Lagos seen in 8 years of Tinubu? Nothing - well, people say OBJ is hounding them for no just cause, but one just cause which everybody knows is the fact that they are corrupt, give it or take it - Atiku has houses abroad, he doesnt hide it, same for Tinubu - and now they both want to hide theri mis-deeds by staying in power - shame - I say shame on the two of them.
Re: Tinubu Is A Failure by Larufa(m): 3:33pm On Apr 09, 2007
MAMAJAMA:

Please read this article

Tinubu waiting coupole weeks before election to give traditional ruler cars and teachers 30 busses, in a civilized nation that will be called bribery.  He is

challenging teachers to decline the 50,000 naira promised by PDP but in contradiction he is providing buses.  where has been been for the last couple of years?  why wait till this vital moment to be generous.
Barely three weeks after he gave all traditional rulers in the state brand new cars, Governor Bola Tinubu of Lagos State has again given 30 Mercedes

Benz Marcopolo buses to teachers in the state.

Tinubu’s announcement, yesterday evening at the state secretariat auditorium, drew wild applause and jubilation from the teachers. The governor promised that the 30 buses would be delivered within the next one week, adding that before Friday, the teachers would get the first 15 buses to help ease their transportation difficulties.

Tinubu also promised that civil servants in the state would get 15 buses, Lagos State University (LASU) Students’ Union, two buses while the students unions of both the Yaba College of Technology and University of Lagos will get one bus each.

He also pledged one bus each to the School of Nursing, Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LASUTH) and the Lagos College of Primary Education, among others.

Tinubu appealed to the teachers not to sell their conscience by accepting the N50,000 the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) promised to give them during the election.

“Don’t sell your conscience. I have given everything I have for this state. My fear is that I don’t want it to be reversed.

“In the last eight years, my hairs have turned grey, I have worked hard for this state to put it on the path of growth in order to make the future better for your children.

“We must work together. Don’t listen to failed promises. I am not asking you to rig for me or Fashola but don’t allow yourself to be used to rig by any other party,” he advised the teachers.

Are all these provided for in the State appropriation bill?
If yes, then he has not done any thing illegal.
If no, the opposition should do a thorough investigation and let the whole world know where the fund came from. Only then can we start accusing of doing something illegal.

If you are saying/convince that Tinubu is a failure what about 'Gbenga Daniel of Ogun State - building mansions and hotels all over the state using commonwealth of Ogun State for personal ownership. Infact he went to the extent of buying a mansion in the UK.
He has already used all the state properties (1st he insured the properties) then  get loans from banks and nobody know what he has done with the loans.
Then you call Daniel adminstration in Ogun State a DISASTER!!!!!

OR OBJ Govt. while every farm is running at loss, only his farm has been able to turn N20,000 in Bank account (Says El Rufai) as at 1998 to making N30 million monthly (says Femi Fani-Kayode|).  Worse power supply, no motorable road, no security of life and properties, non functional refineries - we are force to import what we can source at home, increase in exchange rate from 1998 to 2007 e.t.c. despite all the money the country is making from the exponential increase in Oil price.
Then OBJ years in Govt. is a fatal accident!!!!.
Re: Tinubu Is A Failure by dayokanu(m): 6:22pm On Apr 09, 2007
If Tinubu is a failure then you should be able to tell me 5 governors that performed better than Tinubu
Considering opposition from the PDP led center Tinubu is a shining star. what did the PDP achieve in their states they govern e.g Alao-Akala, Fayose, odili, Igbinedion, Ibori, Alamieyeseigha,Dariye but to mention a few
If Tinubu is a failure what do you call OBJ Electricity, Security,employmnet, Niger-Delta are some of OBJ's prominent achievement
Re: Tinubu Is A Failure by alabiyemmy(m): 8:03pm On Apr 09, 2007
ok -Tinubu is a king - he has done brilliantly well. Up Tinny.
Re: Tinubu Is A Failure by dayokanu(m): 8:53pm On Apr 09, 2007
Tinubu formed AC to put Atiku in so as to shield his 8 years atrocities when Atiku comes in, now gullible Nigerians are routing for both Tinubu and Atiku, the most corrupt Nigerians on the surface of the earth, where did Atiku and Tinubu get money to buy a Newspaper house? Yes, they both own a newspaper house in Nigeria, what has Lagos seen in 8 years of Tinubu? Nothing - well, people say OBJ is hounding them for no just cause, but one just cause which everybody knows is the fact that they are corrupt, give it or take it - Atiku has houses abroad, he doesnt hide it, same for Tinubu - and now they both want to hide theri mis-deeds by staying in power - shame - I say shame on the two of them.

I cant imagine what you are getting at with this; Atiku has houses abroad, Atiku has been a custom official for many years and you are asking how he got money to buy houses abroad when Gbenga Obasanjo has houses abroad .
Why dont you say OBJ is supporting Yar"Adua can cover OBJ's atrocities.
How did OBJ and Tinubu get money to buy Newspaper houses? How much does it take to own a newspaper house compared to the amount it takes to open Bell's University.
Atiku has been a politician for long he contested the presidential election in 1993 the Jos convention with Kingibe and MKO even stepped down for MKO so that they can defeat Kingibe so he is rich and has the resources to buy whatever as at 1999 he was far richer than OBJ but for now I can't say.
Re: Tinubu Is A Failure by Nobody: 11:36am On Apr 10, 2007
ride on mamajama he is a bigtime failure,i cant wait to see him rot in jail come may29 2007
Re: Tinubu Is A Failure by saintchux(m): 10:09pm On Apr 10, 2007
femilangy:

ride on mamajama he is a bigtime failure,i can't wait to see him rot in jail come may29 2007

you will be disappointed, that rather, he will be honoured as hero.
Re: Tinubu Is A Failure by Mamajama(m): 10:15pm On Apr 10, 2007
Who will honor TInubu? for what? bad roads. bad housing and transportation?
Re: Tinubu Is A Failure by saintchux(m): 10:17pm On Apr 10, 2007
alabiyemmy:

Is it an offense for someone to own property outside the country??
Re: Tinubu Is A Failure by saintchux(m): 10:23pm On Apr 10, 2007
MAMAJAMA:

Who will honor TInubu? for what? bad roads. bad housing and transportation?

Which bad road?

Which bad transportation?

Do you know what Lagos would have been without LASMA men controlling traffic.
Please you people should stop comparing Lagos with plateau, gombe,Imo, etc. Lagos is more than a state, it should be given a special status. Do you know the number of industries in Lagos. the power consumption in Lagos. The waste generated in Lagos in a day can not be generated in gombe state in one month
Re: Tinubu Is A Failure by debosky(m): 10:24pm On Apr 10, 2007
Tinubu is not a failure - there are some roads that are bad, but the worst of them are federal roads

Akin Adesola, Awolowo Rd, Ikotun-Igando, Itire-Yaba, Alaba, amongst many roads that the Tinubu govt has fixed (including my home street), how has he failed in roads? or is it the 15 roads in Lagos CBD being upgraded that is a failure?

what bad housing? Abraham Adesanya and other housing estates he built are there to see

bad transportation? the BRT scheme has taken off, amongst others to improve things.

the micro-water works (including the one I have seen close to my street with my own eyes)

the bar-beach repair project, as opposed to wasteful sand pumping done by the FG yearly?

the free medical services that have given free surgery to 17,000 Lagosians?

I humbly submit that Tinubu has performed far above most of the other governors, even if we dont compare, his contributions to the develop and improve Lagos are stellar,

whether he is corrupt or not is another issue, but on the basis of his contributions on ground - Job Well Done Tinubu!
Re: Tinubu Is A Failure by alabiyemmy(m): 12:22am On Apr 11, 2007
saintchux:

Is it an offense for someone to own property outside the country??

hunnnn- do u know how much those houses cost and will they prove they bought it with their salary?
Re: Tinubu Is A Failure by dayokanu(m): 12:05pm On Apr 11, 2007
hunnnn- do u know how much those houses cost and will they prove they bought it with their salary?

Maybe you should direct that question to Gbenga Obasanjo.
Do you know how much it takes to open Bells University for someone that had =N=20,000 in 1998 to have a university that is the height of corruption.
Atiku is a custom man and a biz man for a long time even contested for presidency 14 years ago so he is not a small timer so is Tinubu whowas elected Senator 13 years ago. Can you say the same about Gbenga Obasanjo?
Re: Tinubu Is A Failure by Mamajama(m): 3:56pm On Apr 11, 2007
SO how did ATIKU become so rich? wasn't he a civil servant as a custom officer? only in Nigeria do we have multi millionaire civil servants.
Re: Tinubu Is A Failure by alabiyemmy(m): 8:04pm On Apr 11, 2007
We are not talking about him.
Re: Tinubu Is A Failure by Mamajama(m): 8:48pm On Apr 11, 2007
dude you can buy any house you want overseas with a good front and 20% down payment, any bank will approve you with a credible person with job and good credit. it's a game that can be beaten.
Re: Tinubu Is A Failure by dayokanu(m): 12:45am On Apr 12, 2007
So we have sacred cows in the country that we dont talk about if 2 people commit the same ofence they have different punishment? Atiku went into business and he was succesful in it same with OBJ or can you say OBJ's wealth is from his salary? Obviously he has businesses
Re: Tinubu Is A Failure by jockey112(m): 3:52am On Apr 12, 2007
Very interesting,i would like to start by definining BRIBERY.

"The offering, giving, receiving, or soliciting of something of value for the purpose of influencing the action of an official in the discharge of his or her public or legal duties.

The expectation of a particular voluntary action in return is what makes the difference between a bribe and a private demonstration of goodwill. To offer or provide payment in order to persuade someone with a responsibility to betray that responsibility is known as seeking undue influence over that person's actions. When someone with power seeks payment in exchange for certain actions, that person is said to be peddling influence. Regardless of who initiates the deal, either party to an act of bribery can be found guilty of the crime independently of the other"

Someone asked a very good question,knowingly or unknowingly though,Are all these provided for in the State appropriation bill?

The answer is NO.

I really do not want to comment on this issue because i could see most of the guys commenting are from lagos  seems happy about the condition of their state,what a shame .
Re: Tinubu Is A Failure by debosky(m): 4:35am On Apr 12, 2007
pray tell, how do you know the answer is 'NO'? do you work for Lagos state government?

This buses for teachers will help them teach better, that is what is important to me, he didnt buy the president of NUT a car to bribe him, so if its for the benefit of the poor teachers so they can attend to the students, it is a good idea. there is nothing Tinubu is doing now that isnt given a political coloration by the folk who don't want his party's candidate to win- even the medical services, the BRT are all being painted as 'bribery' because of politics. Folk with no ideas of their own just trying to bring a good man down.

He didn't say he will withdraw the buses if they don't vote for AC, this bus donation business has long been a govt practice, I see no bribe in it.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Is A Failure by folushola(f): 8:04am On Apr 12, 2007
I have never been this dissappointed. am not a fan of Tinubu, but i know in this present dispensation, tinubu is one of the best.
if you go to portharcourt, you will know Odili is the worst failure ever.
Do u think to govern a state like lagos is beans? governors in other smaller, less difficult states have not even tried as much as tinubu has.
The guy is ok.
As for Atiku, i dont like to call him a thief, because that will amount to calling Baba an armed robber.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Is A Failure by dayokanu(m): 9:59am On Apr 12, 2007
Alabiyemmy,
If you call Tinubu a failure at least you should be able to name 5 governors that did better than Asiwaju Tinubu in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Is A Failure by jockey112(m): 10:27am On Apr 12, 2007
Brovaz i dont need to work for the lagos state to know the answer is NO.

"Barely three weeks after he gave all traditional rulers in the state brand new cars" is that also to help the rulers rule their people better,fuunny indeed.

Hold on,isnt it that what OBJ did and he was indicted,only he didnt do it to buy votes as your Gov is doing right now,infact it was said to be a laudable project,i can assure you years to come we would look back and bless this moment of our history,most founding fathers of America were never popular when they were building their nation.

Hey Ribadu has been promoted expect more to come.
Re: Tinubu Is A Failure by dayokanu(m): 11:00am On Apr 12, 2007
Is it a coincidence that the people criticising Tinubu on this forum are not even in Nigeria? They are not in touch with the reality on ground
Again mention 5 governors who did better than Tinubu in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Is A Failure by Mamajama(m): 1:34pm On Apr 12, 2007
you guys are dreaming, How come Donald Duke is performing? how come Yar Adua performed? how come Daniel is performing better than TInubu, How come El rufai is performing better than TInubu. I restate TINUBU is a failure, if you've never been to another state you will think TInubu is the best thing for Lagos, JAKANDE back in the days was more productive with very little compare to what TInubu has done in 8 years.
Re: Tinubu Is A Failure by dayokanu(m): 2:28pm On Apr 12, 2007
Yar'Adua for what have you seen the numbers of Almajiri in Katsina and tell me what performance that is when 78% of your people live below poverty line, Daniel better just because he spends so much on Media which part of Ogun State do you want to talk about that he tried? El Rufai? was El Rufai elected? We all know Abuja is the FCT and enjoys a lot from being the FCT
Re: Tinubu Is A Failure by kitaun(m): 3:25pm On Apr 12, 2007
Dayokanu, why waste much time in replying Odeku when u c he is just trying pull cheap jibes?
Re: Tinubu Is A Failure by Mamajama(m): 3:39pm On Apr 12, 2007
go to any Hausa state you will see Almajiri even Saudi has them what has TINUBU done in 8 years that

command respect. please tell me. you must be living in a different Lagos than the one i go to often.
Re: Tinubu Is A Failure by dayokanu(m): 4:52pm On Apr 12, 2007
We see almajiris everywhere mean it is Okay for Almajiris to be in Katsina. 78% of people are living seriously below poverty line
Re: Tinubu Is A Failure by Mamajama(m): 5:13pm On Apr 12, 2007
and what is the % of people living in poverty in Lagos? how many Lagos in-digens can live in Lagos comfortable? what has he done as the chief executive officer of the state to ensure security nd to prevent crime?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ondo State Local Government Service Commission Chairman Arrested By Icpc / Railway Modernisation. Lagos - Jebba - Kano By Rail. 10 Months Completion Date! / Ogun Gives Families Of Slain Policemen 500K Each.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.