Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,130 members, 7,821,870 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

What Can A Man Do After His Wife Told Him She Is Just Managing Him? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Can A Man Do After His Wife Told Him She Is Just Managing Him? (2346 Views)

As A Married Man, Do You Sometimes Dream Of Leaving Your Family & Disappearing? / A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? / My Wife Told Me The Only Reason She's Still With Me Is Because Of Our 2 Kids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Can A Man Do After His Wife Told Him She Is Just Managing Him? by Nobody: 9:26am On Sep 24, 2018
Please advice needed !!
Re: What Can A Man Do After His Wife Told Him She Is Just Managing Him? by eyinjuege: 9:30am On Sep 24, 2018
Are you also not just managing her?
Tell her the same thing back na.

2 Likes

Re: What Can A Man Do After His Wife Told Him She Is Just Managing Him? by delishpot: 9:30am On Sep 24, 2018
What did he tell her that made her tell him her own. Did she just wake up one day and say..... Okon....I am just managing you! Wetin bring the talk?

5 Likes

Re: What Can A Man Do After His Wife Told Him She Is Just Managing Him? by madridguy(m): 9:36am On Sep 24, 2018
Careless talk full women mouth.

4 Likes

Re: What Can A Man Do After His Wife Told Him She Is Just Managing Him? by JoannaSedley(f): 9:48am On Sep 24, 2018
Someone just woke and say such......

Well,
I just remembered that.....

Action and reaction are always equal and. opposite.

Lightening comes before thunder
Smoke or fire always comes after striking of matches
If you can't take the heat, stay the hell away from the kitchen.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: What Can A Man Do After His Wife Told Him She Is Just Managing Him? by Nobody: 9:53am On Sep 24, 2018
Employ a voluptous olosho as a housekeeper. She will come back to her senses.

1 Like

Re: What Can A Man Do After His Wife Told Him She Is Just Managing Him? by ikeno(m): 9:55am On Sep 24, 2018
call her family and caution her seriously,tell her next time she alter such word you will take drastic action
Re: What Can A Man Do After His Wife Told Him She Is Just Managing Him? by ikbnice(m): 10:03am On Sep 24, 2018
Don't call her parents, don't even report her to anyone. Just act like you don't care about what she said. Act normally like one week or more(considering your level of patience). Next, start withdrawing, be inconsistent. You may eat today and don't tomorrow. Come home at irregular hours even if you have to just stop over casually at a friend's place. And if she complains, tell her you are getting scared of someone who is managing you. Be prepared for the worse as she might have been giving her kpekus to a rich man or getting better fvcks outside. Ladies are complex creatures.

6 Likes

Re: What Can A Man Do After His Wife Told Him She Is Just Managing Him? by ImaIma1(f): 11:46am On Sep 24, 2018
If the OP were a lady, guys would have been asking her what she did that made the man say that. But now you all are not asking him what he did but advising him wrongly.

So OP, what did you do or say to provoke such utterance?

13 Likes

Re: What Can A Man Do After His Wife Told Him She Is Just Managing Him? by carammel(f): 12:13pm On Sep 24, 2018
In the heat of an argument,spouses say silly things to one another which they do not mean,everyone wants to win the verbal fight so her saying "i am just managing you" doesn't mean it .

The man should also tell her "i am also managing you",case closed.

4 Likes

Re: What Can A Man Do After His Wife Told Him She Is Just Managing Him? by thorpido(m): 5:43pm On Sep 24, 2018
Op,what did you say or do to make her utter such statement?

I hope no be say manage dey your body too.

2 Likes

Re: What Can A Man Do After His Wife Told Him She Is Just Managing Him? by chii8(f): 8:51pm On Sep 24, 2018
Marriage is sweet,sometimes sour,just tell her you didnt like what she daid and forgive her before she says sorry,be a man jare,life is too short.

1 Like

Re: What Can A Man Do After His Wife Told Him She Is Just Managing Him? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Sep 24, 2018
carammel:
In the heat of an argument,spouses say silly things to one another which they do not mean,everyone wants to win the verbal fight so her saying "i am just managing you" doesn't mean it .

The man should also tell her "i am also managing you",case closed.

Whatever is uttered in the heat of anger is what has been bubbling under the surface. The truth has been revealed. Whatever the man does now will determine the life span of the marriage.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Can A Man Do After His Wife Told Him She Is Just Managing Him? by Nobody: 6:33am On Sep 25, 2018
Ioannes:

Whatever is uttered in the heat of anger is what has been bubbling under the surface. The truth has been revealed. Whatever the man does now will determine the life span of the marriage.

You're absolutely correct. That woman is not his wife. They're just cohabiting.

The woman must have seen & tasted something outside that made her utter those words.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Can A Man Do After His Wife Told Him She Is Just Managing Him? by PamaB(m): 8:02am On Sep 25, 2018
If you're bank account is fat I doubt she'll vomit such rubbish. Hustle hard man....soon as your financial status change she will see you as a god. Then you can payback.

1 Like

Re: What Can A Man Do After His Wife Told Him She Is Just Managing Him? by Nobody: 8:42am On Sep 25, 2018
PamaB:
If you're bank account is fat I doubt she'll vomit such rubbish. Hustle hard man....soon as your financial status change she will see you as a god. Then you can payback.

You guys scare me. So a poor man must be disrespected. What happened to love and unity. With these stories i may likely settle for a baby mama. I hate drama

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Can A Man Do After His Wife Told Him She Is Just Managing Him? by Nobody: 8:44am On Sep 25, 2018
Ioannes:

Exactly when my ex wife told me she hates me on three different heated arguements..Dem no need tell man to run! Before i start viewing nairaland comments beyond the grave..God forbid shocked

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Can A Man Do After His Wife Told Him She Is Just Managing Him? by Nobody: 9:36am On Sep 25, 2018
Pipedreams:

Exactly when my ex wife told me she hates me on three different heated arguements..Dem no need tell man to run! Before i start viewing nairaland comments beyond the grave..God forbid shocked

Lol.
Re: What Can A Man Do After His Wife Told Him She Is Just Managing Him? by babythug(f): 11:19am On Sep 25, 2018
She may be genuinely fed up and just managing that man . That’s how she feels we can’t take it away from her.
The man should search himself and see if the situation is worth salvaging or not then do the needful.
He has to speak to his wife anyway and hopefully things can be resolved amicably

He should also improve in the areas where she may have complained about his short comings
Re: What Can A Man Do After His Wife Told Him She Is Just Managing Him? by divinelove(m): 3:09pm On Sep 25, 2018
Before nko what do you want to do

tell her you are managing her too ie if she is not the one feeding your ass else shut up so u go fit dey chop.

Everyone is managing, just manage d marriage

1 Like

Re: What Can A Man Do After His Wife Told Him She Is Just Managing Him? by momokiddies: 3:17pm On Sep 25, 2018
she didn't just say that. you mist have hurt her emotionally also. well , tell her you are also managing her. just kidding !
she didn't mean, she was just hurt
Re: What Can A Man Do After His Wife Told Him She Is Just Managing Him? by divinelove(m): 3:18pm On Sep 25, 2018
Pipedreams:

You guys scare me. So a poor man must be disrespected. What happened to love and unity. With these stories i may likely settle for a baby mama. I hate drama

a man that can't provide for his household is useless, if the man in question here is lazy and unproductive then the wife was even kind with her choice of words.

An angry woman can kill an emotional man with her words, marriage is not a bed of roses it has it's up and down too. Even pastors fight their wives sometimes with harsh words.

If my wife tells me she is managing me (this is indirectly saying you are not meeting her expectations)

My response - you don't have any option do you grin

I won't even pick offense as I have given her the epic reply
Re: What Can A Man Do After His Wife Told Him She Is Just Managing Him? by ImaIma1(f): 3:50pm On Sep 25, 2018
PamaB:

This is a poor man mentality.
Re: What Can A Man Do After His Wife Told Him She Is Just Managing Him? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Sep 25, 2018
divinelove:

a man that can't provide for his household is useless, if the man in question here is lazy and unproductive then the wife was even kind with her choice of words.

An angry woman can kill an emotional man with her words, marriage is not a bed of roses it has it's up and down too. Even pastors fight their wives sometimes with harsh words.

If my wife tells me she is managing me (this is indirectly saying you are not meeting her expectations)

My response - you don't have any option do you grin

I won't even pick offense as I have given her the epic reply

So marriage should be left for average and rich people. A rich man cannot become poor overnight shey while a poor become rich ? U see my problem with the average Nigerian girl reasoning. So its right to talk down on ur husband when things arent going as planned. I pity the man that puts u in his house.

2 Likes

Re: What Can A Man Do After His Wife Told Him She Is Just Managing Him? by divinelove(m): 4:34pm On Sep 25, 2018
Pipedreams:

So marriage should be left for average and rich people. A rich man cannot become poor overnight shey while a poor become rich ? U see my problem with the average Nigerian girl reasoning. So its right to talk down on ur husband when things arent going as planned. I pity the man that puts u in his house.

Being hard working and meeting your family needs does not really mean u have to be rich it means u are responsible.

All of that can be done with a monthly income below 50k shoe get sizes so go for your size

An irresponsible, lazy man should be talk down on so he can receive sense before it is too late.

Laziness and unproductive life is not acceptable in a man even if u lose your job, just get something else to do no matter how small including truck pushing there is dignity in labour.

FYI I am a man not a girl as u wished

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Can A Man Do After His Wife Told Him She Is Just Managing Him? by KanwuliaExtra: 5:22pm On Sep 25, 2018
It may be the truth. He should be exceedingly grateful. kiss

3 Likes

Re: What Can A Man Do After His Wife Told Him She Is Just Managing Him? by Rubbiish(m): 8:09pm On Sep 25, 2018
KanwuliaExtra:
It may be the truth. He should be exceedingly grateful. kiss
Can anything good ever come out from this lady!
Not as if her breasst fine sef...ugly bweasts...
Re: What Can A Man Do After His Wife Told Him She Is Just Managing Him? by KanwuliaExtra: 8:13pm On Sep 25, 2018
Rubbiish:

Can anything good ever come out from this lady!
Not as if her breasst fine sef...ugly bweasts...

grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Why the “vexment”? shocked

1 Like

Re: What Can A Man Do After His Wife Told Him She Is Just Managing Him? by Rubbiish(m): 8:50pm On Sep 25, 2018
KanwuliaExtra:

grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Why the “vexment”? shocked
u know why...
Re: What Can A Man Do After His Wife Told Him She Is Just Managing Him? by KanwuliaExtra: 9:00pm On Sep 25, 2018
Rubbiish:

u know why...

Please explain.
My post did not make sense or please ya? undecided
Re: What Can A Man Do After His Wife Told Him She Is Just Managing Him? by Shirer(m): 9:55am On Sep 26, 2018
This kind of comment signals a red flag, if one is serious. It means, "when will you realize that you are being scammed." It invites the man to wake up from slumber.
Re: What Can A Man Do After His Wife Told Him She Is Just Managing Him? by Deji63: 1:13am On Oct 15, 2018
Pipedreams:

Ex wife. Tell us why she told you she hates you. She caught you drilling your fellow man from behind Who no go hate you? I sure say your pikin sef hate you. Baba God hate you. Anofia. It is frustrated fools like you that come here to write rubbish hoping to make us all end in hell like you did. You are in your own. No wonder you are dying of frustration and bitternes. You go die in loneliness. Ashawo kobokobo. Na because of toto you leave your marriage, leave your pikin and na dat toto go kill you last last I swear. I see your frustration. Case closed, divorcee.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Married Men And Ladies Do U Tink I Should Go On Wit Dis Courtship / Help Needed Urgently(nairaland Ladies Only) / Kitchen Cabinet And Wardrobe At His Peak

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.