Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,988 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

Common Practices Of Phone Dealers &engineers-vandalization - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Common Practices Of Phone Dealers &engineers-vandalization (307 Views)

How A Phone Dealers At Alaba International Market Defrauded His Customer!!!! / What Type Of Phone Are You Using At The Moment? / Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Common Practices Of Phone Dealers &engineers-vandalization by Honesty007(m): 11:40am On Sep 24, 2018
If i am correct,i noticed that phone dealers do open the phones they want to sell for display which is not bad.
However,what is bad is when they remove phone accessories of an original brand new phone and begin to use or sell it.i have noticed phone batteries,memory cards,earpieces replaced with old same brand types and sold with new phones.what is so annoying are the lies you are told by these phone dealers that a lower phone model type did not come with memory cards or earpiece.
2012 began the era of producing copied phones by chinese companies but how you would detect such is when u power on the phone and see the welcome messages different from the originals.
unfortunately,old people who prefer cheap things fall to the gimmicks of buying copied phones from these dealers.
so far,so good,no measure has been put in place to checkmate these practises.
Nigeria's teeming youth and aged populations are constantly buying victims to these acts of exploitations and extortions by phone dealers and engineers.
Re: Common Practices Of Phone Dealers &engineers-vandalization by Honesty007(m): 11:55am On Sep 24, 2018
On the part of Nigerian Importers of telecommunication devices and products,i feel they are rather after the gain than quality of what is exported to the country.
Nigeria is perceived as a dumping ground for outdated technology and redundant inefficient products are top quality to the mobile community.
primary users of mobile phones are meagre compared to the secondary users in Nigeria ie because of the countries attitudinal malady of maintenace culture 3 of 5 phone users in the country are secondary users.i have not come across a phone user who maintained a phone for 8 years without it getting spoilt,resold or having a manufacturer problem because the phone dealers tampered with the new phone.
on the part of the phone engineers,getting phone parts for damaged phones are a herculean task due to the throwaway mentality of Nigerians.
we always adapt quicker to new products without mastering the old ones.we are having this bad antecedent due to our purchasing attitude for luxury and expensive products.
Re: Common Practices Of Phone Dealers &engineers-vandalization by Honesty007(m): 12:08pm On Sep 24, 2018
So we keep throwing away the old that was once the latest without having a store for them and now lay claim to the new products.
so the whiteman keeps fooling and draining us.
Instead of the blackman to study and maintain an old produbt,keep its original parts in case it may be needed for repairing the same model ten years back,they dispose it off.
i tell you,its a big shame that i wanted to repair the screen of a tecno L7 and the engineer at computer village in lagos did not have the screen but was telling me to bring 15k ,the same amt the phone was brought some 5 years back.i was ashamed that i have to spend money that can be used to buy a new phone for repairs.it looked stupid but that is why Nigeria is like this today.we have no saving culture and we always embrace new things we cant maintain!
we do so and we throw away the existing things.phone engineers have been benefitting from the unavailability of damaged phone parts to make money and it sucks.if they had created an enviroment or market for damaged
Re: Common Practices Of Phone Dealers &engineers-vandalization by Honesty007(m): 12:23pm On Sep 24, 2018
original phone parts to be replaced,i would have poured enconiums on them.
instead,they make money by sharp practises and its so bad for their proffesionalism.
copied phones became the height of massive corruption in the mobile phone engineering community.it has spoilt the credibility of all engineers and phone dealers but that is how they make their living!
what is the solution
A private or individual company should be set up to begin massive collections of old original phone parts from phone owners and pay them money for those damaged phones or for them selling those phone parts to the company.
The company should be registered by the law and sign a partnership with the security agencies,phone brand company,software companies and the nigerian customs service to verify if the people who sold the damaged phones are the real owners.
The customers should reg online to drop those phones before the company agents arrive to collect the phone parts or damaged phone.
A collection or disposal center should be
Re: Common Practices Of Phone Dealers &engineers-vandalization by Honesty007(m): 12:28pm On Sep 24, 2018
established in all states of the federation so people nearby can come to dispose or collect original old phone parts.
This is what is obtainable in the united states,but we have failed to do so in Nigeria and we are missing out on this great opportunity.
once this is done,everybody would benefit legally and the era of exploitation,lack of maintenance and extortion,identity theft would be over

(1) (Reply)

Infinix Hotnote For Sale.... / Endless Creativity With The Note 5 Stylus / Iphone XR Early Presale Demand And The Next Apple Event Is Oct. 30th

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.