Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,559 members, 7,816,355 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

Osun Election: Why Adeleke Should Have Been Declared Winner – Ozekhome - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Election: Why Adeleke Should Have Been Declared Winner – Ozekhome (33865 Views)

Osun: Why Adeleke Can’t Get Certificate Now –INEC / Osun Election: Why Adeleke Is Leading Oyetola – APC Chieftain, Chidike Ukauwa / Osun Rerun: Why Adeleke Can’t Win Election Even With Omisore’s Support – APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun Election: Why Adeleke Should Have Been Declared Winner – Ozekhome by NotAZombie: 3:59pm On Sep 24, 2018
HIGHESTPOPORI:
PDP didn't need to buy votes when APC didn't pay salaries for years, the people are wiser
That is not the real johnnyessence. That is the work of bloody idiot Buharist. I am sure that is one motherfucker butterfly. The account was created 2 days ago.

1 Like

Re: Osun Election: Why Adeleke Should Have Been Declared Winner – Ozekhome by michoim(m): 4:00pm On Sep 24, 2018
Look at this slowpoke lawyer
Re: Osun Election: Why Adeleke Should Have Been Declared Winner – Ozekhome by okenwa(m): 4:05pm On Sep 24, 2018
Cancealed votes remain void, accepted and declared votes votes remain the basis of determining the winner in elections. Section 179 of 1999 constitition
Re: Osun Election: Why Adeleke Should Have Been Declared Winner – Ozekhome by wirinet(m): 4:05pm On Sep 24, 2018
homebase:
My brother don't bother yourself, Ozekhome is a PDP man.

Meanwhile both APC and PDP are demonic and useless.

I am just laughing here seeing how some nairalanders are arguing, fighting and cursing themselves over
these blood sucking political parties.

They are carrying PDP and APC matter for head as if it is Man-U and Chelsea fans.

Nairaland folks get this into your heads, GEJ, PMB, OBJ, Tinubu, Atiku, Saraki e.t.c don't care about you but their families
and business interests.

I am not a supporter of PDP or APC. I used to be a Buhari supporter, but he too seems to have failed on many levels.

I just want to see right things done.

1 Like

Re: Osun Election: Why Adeleke Should Have Been Declared Winner – Ozekhome by mamotalk: 4:05pm On Sep 24, 2018
wirinet:

You did not get your facts right. Elections was cancelled in 2 wards because the card reader did not work, and the electoral act stipulate the use of card readers.
In another ward there was violence, so the voters could not vote.

So you see, it was not the fault of the voters or the parties that the elections were cancelled in those wards.
Nice of you.
I still maintain my stand.
If I should agree with you, the only places that deserve rerun are where the card readers malfunction.
As of the place where there was violence, that should have been enough because 'cancle' is also an output like win or lose
Re: Osun Election: Why Adeleke Should Have Been Declared Winner – Ozekhome by Myself2(m): 4:05pm On Sep 24, 2018
Johnnyessensse:
We all know PDP bought votes massively in Osun

Try give yourself brain nah,,,,,,,,,

Was it not APC Bubu released billions of naira to few days to the election for vote buying Kudos to the people of Osun state, they rejected the APC and their filthy vote buying money.
After owing somebody's father.mother,uncle,aunt,brother,sister,son and daughter salaries for over 3 years, you now want to buy their votes with filthy bribe from Bubu

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Election: Why Adeleke Should Have Been Declared Winner – Ozekhome by bablogee(m): 4:11pm On Sep 24, 2018
Awol1:
What is stopping PDP from going to court?

Because I'm not seeing this rerun in favour of PDP o
may be u are not in osun

1 Like

Re: Osun Election: Why Adeleke Should Have Been Declared Winner – Ozekhome by Ajalekoko76(m): 4:16pm On Sep 24, 2018
Adeleke is a Goal...
Rerun or No rerun, PDP won that election on constitutional ground. It is a matter of time, Adeleke will be declare winner.

Strong signal to APC/PMB come 2019.
South West will vote against APC/PMB.

Determinat votes is in the North.

1 Like

Re: Osun Election: Why Adeleke Should Have Been Declared Winner – Ozekhome by asobo: 4:19pm On Sep 24, 2018
B Osun Election INEC contradict itself over inconclusive.

In the last APC Lokoja /Kogi by-election won by APC the following happened
The Returning Officer, Prof. Rotimi Ajayi, who announced the results as follows said

APC 26, 860 votes.
PDP 14, 845 votes.
Votes different: 12,015
Canceled vote: 19,960 (17 polling units)
Valid votes : 48,165

The Candidate of APC Alhaji Haruna Isah, was declared winner of the Lokoja/Kogi House of Representatives by-election.

Today Osun State Election was declared inconclusive.

Difference between APC and PDP =353
Cancelled (4 Polling units votes) =3498

Election declared inconclusive!

INEC electo

1 Like

Re: Osun Election: Why Adeleke Should Have Been Declared Winner – Ozekhome by Amumaigwe: 4:21pm On Sep 24, 2018
geometricaxis:

Adeleke will be governor but he will be impeached over his certificate scandal

And his PDP deputy takes over as governor and appoints another PDP man his new deputy. What would you have achieved?

1 Like

Re: Osun Election: Why Adeleke Should Have Been Declared Winner – Ozekhome by Johnnyessence(m): 4:22pm On Sep 24, 2018
NotAZombie:

That is not the real johnnyessence. That is the work of bloody idiot Buharist. I am sure that is one motherfucker butterfly. The account was created 2 days ago.
thanks for your reply sir, God almighty will bless you for your help. I don't even know that the clueless Apc miscreants have already impersonate me, if he think that he can pull me down, he has just started, he will regret his actions for doing that.

1 Like

Re: Osun Election: Why Adeleke Should Have Been Declared Winner – Ozekhome by Akaujaa(m): 4:24pm On Sep 24, 2018
PDP and Ozekhome are like water, if its too hot, it'll exhume smoke, if its too cold, it'll exhume smoke as well. PDP and Ozekhomewould still have cried foul if Oyetola was declared winner.
Re: Osun Election: Why Adeleke Should Have Been Declared Winner – Ozekhome by ehissi(m): 4:26pm On Sep 24, 2018
HIGHESTPOPORI:
I can feel ur pain,face reality, put ur head inside the fridge
Re: Osun Election: Why Adeleke Should Have Been Declared Winner – Ozekhome by isahsalee: 4:33pm On Sep 24, 2018
12Ebisco:
Rights Advicate and constitutional lawyer, Dr. Mike Ozekhome (SAN), has predicted danger ahead of the 2019 election following Sunday’s declaration of Osun State governorship election as inconclusive by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

Ozekhome in a statement made available to newsmen said that the action of INEC was a blow to the nation’s constitutional democracy, adding that ‘Section 179(2)(a)(b) of the 1999 constitution proves that Adeleke and the PDP won and met the electoral requirements to be formally declared winners of the Osun State election.”

According to him, Osun election is an ominous sign of the farce to expect in 2019.

Ozekhome further accused APC of using “Electoral arm, INEC, to do the unthinkable, that which is clearly illegal, unconstitutional, immoral, and a brazen assault on our sensibilities and constitutional democracy.”

His statement reads in part: “INEC has earned for itself the inglorious reputation of holding inconclusive elections (Kogi, Bayelsa, et al), and working in cahoots with the ruling APC, always eager to do its dirty electoral bidding, to commit daylight robbery of votes.

“This, they have just done to Adeleke’s votes, to defeat the will and legitimate franchise of the good people of Osun state. I wholly condemn this ludicrous mockery of our electoral process and constitutionalism.”

“There was no legal, constitutional, or moral basis for the electoral umpire to have declared the election inconclusive since the country’s constitution only recognised lawful and valid votes in declaring a candidate winner of an election.

“This presupposes that some votes would be unlawful and invalid. Consequently, where votes are cancelled or invalidated for any reason, howsoever, including for being invalid and unlawful, such votes are immediately and automatically cancelled, deducted and consigned to the dustbin of history.

“In any case, it was not wholesale results in the election that were voided and cancelled. Only votes that INEC had adjudged illegitimate due to irregularities were voided and cancelled.

“This cancellation and voidance of illegitimate votes affected all the political parties, not just APC and PDP, but especially Omisore’s SDP whose two strongest fortes in Ife axis were badly affected.

“Such voided votes are ignored and unreckoned with, for they are a non sequitur. They are as dead as dodo.

“Having failed to viciously intimidate and rig the elections as they did in Ekiti State, due to the people’s courageous resistance, the APC has now used its electoral arm, INEC, to do the unthinkable, that which is clearly illegal, unconstitutional, immoral, and a brazen assault on our sensibilities and constitutional democracy.

“Section 179(2)(a)(b) of the 1999 Constitution (the grundnorm and supreme law of the land ), is crystal clear and unambiguous that Adeleke and PDP have won and met the electoral requirements to be formally declared winners of the Osun State election.

“It provides: “A candidate for an election to the office of a governor of a state shall be deemed to have been duly elected where, there being two or more candidates: (a) he has the highest number of votes cast at the election; and (b) he has not less than one-quarter of all the votes cast in each of at least two-thirds of all the local government areas in the state”.

“Adeleke satisfied the provision. In Osunbor v Oshiomhole (2007) 18 NWLR (part 1065) 32, cancelled votes had been counted and added to PDP/Osunbor’s scores.

“The courts, up to the Supreme Court, held that when votes are cancelled, they are not reckoned with in determining the outcome of such an election. The courts thereafter deducted the invalidated votes and this gave victory to Oshiomhole in the hotly contested election.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/osun-election-why-adeleke-should-have.html

Oga, go and sit down we know you're PDP staunch supporter, you can't even pretend to hide your partisanship feelings for PDP a bit.
Re: Osun Election: Why Adeleke Should Have Been Declared Winner – Ozekhome by gabbasin: 4:33pm On Sep 24, 2018
I don't know what is wrong with this people, in Kogi gubernatorial election APC was in clear lead with votes running into thousands and inec still declare it inconclusive due to cancellations of votes in some polling units but this people did not urge inec to return the APC candidate then, but now that PDP is in the lead they are now insinuating inec is being used to deny PDP of her 'victory'
Re: Osun Election: Why Adeleke Should Have Been Declared Winner – Ozekhome by HoluwarTohbar(f): 4:35pm On Sep 24, 2018
PassingShot:
Idiot. But when elections were declared inconclusive in the past where APC was winning, these goats applauded INEC.
Chai!! You will be fine bro.

1 Like

Re: Osun Election: Why Adeleke Should Have Been Declared Winner – Ozekhome by isahsalee: 4:36pm On Sep 24, 2018
gabbasin:
I don't know what is wrong with this people, in Kogi gubernatorial election APC was in clear lead with votes running into thousands and inec still declare it inconclusive due to cancellations of votes in some polling units but this people did not urge inec to return the APC candidate then, but now that PDP is in the lead they are now insinuating inec is being used to deny PDP of her 'victory'

Please, tell them. A blood full of bigotry since 1960.

1 Like

Re: Osun Election: Why Adeleke Should Have Been Declared Winner – Ozekhome by Nobody: 4:45pm On Sep 24, 2018
bablogee:
may be u are not in osun

Yea. I'm not.

Can I see through your eyes?
Re: Osun Election: Why Adeleke Should Have Been Declared Winner – Ozekhome by Nobody: 4:47pm On Sep 24, 2018
Amumaigwe:

And his PDP deputy takes over as governor and appoints another PDP man his new deputy. What would you have achieved?

me acheive? wetin concern me, am i from osun state? I am simply saying that Adeleke will be impeached. I couldnt care less who governs Osun state.
Re: Osun Election: Why Adeleke Should Have Been Declared Winner – Ozekhome by VULCAN(m): 4:49pm On Sep 24, 2018
Your statement is empty because he stated a part of our Constitution to back up his argument. You could not so pls go ahead and state another part that refutes what he said

Rubbish
Alexk2:
I fear lawyers like Ozekhome for their biased analysis due to their political affiliation.
Re: Osun Election: Why Adeleke Should Have Been Declared Winner – Ozekhome by andyanders: 4:53pm On Sep 24, 2018
Awol1:
What is stopping PDP from going to court?

Because I'm not seeing this rerun in favour of PDP o

Davido aka 'OBO',Senator Adeleke and PDP should proceed to the court to stop the so called rerun ellection by INEC citing section 179 of 1990, to ask the court to declare PDP as winner. This is pure fraud by INEC by playing the music of their master.
Re: Osun Election: Why Adeleke Should Have Been Declared Winner – Ozekhome by Cantonese: 4:55pm On Sep 24, 2018
It is very clear what Nigerians should expect from APC government and Buhari next year. How else can one describe corruption if not this one done by INEC in Osun state? We may not be lawyers and politicians but we are not blind. You can fool the people sometimes but you cannot fool the people all the time. Jonathan surrendered power in 2015 when it was clear that the wish of the citizens prevailed. APC would never have surrendered like Jonathan. Many called him a coward. But now the reality shows us in the face of a party that is very desperate to cling unto power. Does anyone think that APC will surrender power at center if they are beaten in 2019? If you aggregate all the votes cast in Osun state you will find that APC was roundly beaten by PDP and SDP. Total votes by these by the two parties was close to 400,000 against 254,000 by APC. The clear evidence is that APC has been rejected by majority of the people of Osun state. The honourable thing to do is to leave. But as we all now evidently know the fight against corruption is simply a fight against the opposition. Corruption now has assumed greater dimensions in the government of a leader who vowed "we either kill corruption or it will kill Nigeria". The long and short of it is that APC will never surrender power anywhere even when it is clear they lost. Yeye people.
Re: Osun Election: Why Adeleke Should Have Been Declared Winner – Ozekhome by bankyblue(m): 5:03pm On Sep 24, 2018
Johnnyessensse:

Ode, na u sell the vote for them?
Another BMO
Re: Osun Election: Why Adeleke Should Have Been Declared Winner – Ozekhome by madridsta007(m): 5:03pm On Sep 24, 2018
Johnnyessensse:

Osun people were owed salaries and pensions for 3 years and you expected them to vote for APC again? Is that how you think the Yorubas are?
Re: Osun Election: Why Adeleke Should Have Been Declared Winner – Ozekhome by akajos4real: 5:06pm On Sep 24, 2018
Ozekhome should go and read up what happened in Kogi State with Late Governor Audu. Somebody like him should not mis-inform Nigerian
Re: Osun Election: Why Adeleke Should Have Been Declared Winner – Ozekhome by danehijan: 5:31pm On Sep 24, 2018
Your tongue will not die in your mouth. AGF who is the custodian of our laws does not know these sections.
Re: Osun Election: Why Adeleke Should Have Been Declared Winner – Ozekhome by danehijan: 5:34pm On Sep 24, 2018
madridsta007:

Osun people were owed salaries and pensions for 3 years and you expected them to vote for APC again? Is that how you think the Yorubas are?

Osun people are indeed educated and knows what they wanted. If INEC chooses to do the right thing they and the pay masters will still be shocked with the rerun result.

1 Like

Re: Osun Election: Why Adeleke Should Have Been Declared Winner – Ozekhome by andyanders: 5:35pm On Sep 24, 2018
With what APC is doing right now has shown to the world that had it been that Buhari was in the shoes of Jonathan in 2015,he Buhari of APC wouldn't haue conceeded power to Jonathan of PDP then.

APC members are power drunk. You can see and hear their chairman, Adam Oshomole talk and act like a man under the influence of drug. Also what is playing now in the camp of Tinubu and Ambode whereby a sitting governor must be submissive to his god father and only play his script or be thrown out.
This is sad and is pure danger to this country the way apc government is playing politics.
Re: Osun Election: Why Adeleke Should Have Been Declared Winner – Ozekhome by Minjim: 6:06pm On Sep 24, 2018
This cancellation and voidance of illegitimate votes affected all the political parties, not just APC and PDP, but especially Omisore’s SDP whose two strongest fortes in Ife axis were badly affected.

“Such voided votes are ignored and unreckoned with, for they are a non sequitur. They are as dead as dodo.

How can a lawyer boldly speak nonsense with confidence?

There was no voting at all in those areas!

If the votes of those disenfrenchized will affect the election so Inec should simply turn blind eyes because Adeleke is Davido's uncle?

Inec will do what it has to do and you'al can go to the tribunal if not satisfied.

Why is Saraki fratanizing with Omisore if the votes in those areas don't count?
Re: Osun Election: Why Adeleke Should Have Been Declared Winner – Ozekhome by Minjim: 6:09pm On Sep 24, 2018
madridsta007:

3 years ke!
Where did you get that from?

Take it easy now.

Osun has cleared his now. What about the other states still owing?
Re: Osun Election: Why Adeleke Should Have Been Declared Winner – Ozekhome by Nobody: 6:18pm On Sep 24, 2018
Johnnyessensse:

Why would PDP waste their money to buy votes when Aregberascal owes 30 months salarygrin.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tundun Abiola Blasts Tinubu's Supporter During An Interview | Video / Anambra State The Billionaires State And Highest OwnersOf Private Jets In Naija / Fani-Kayode & His Wife Receive Gbenga Daniel In Their Home (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.