Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,081 members, 7,852,672 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 11:30 PM

Supreme Court Judgement that Upheld INEC Power to Declare Election Inconclusive - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme Court Judgement that Upheld INEC Power to Declare Election Inconclusive (34167 Views)

Protest Breaks Out In Kano Over Judgement That Sacked Governor Yusuf / INEC’s Power To Return Candidate Dangerous — Wole Olanipekun / Deji Adeyanju Reacts To Supreme Court Judgement That Sacked Ihedioha As Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supreme Court Judgement that Upheld INEC Power to Declare Election Inconclusive by Pacesetter123(m): 11:52am On Sep 25, 2018
Butterflyleo:

If there was cancellation then the onus rests with the aggrieved to seek redress in court and pursue it to the height of the supreme court.

However there is a peculiarity with the Osun polls due to the very slim margin separating both candidates and then with the issue of NO VOTES in one unit, OVER VOTING in another, DISRUPTION in another, ABSCONDING WITH ELECTORAL MATERIALS in another and MANUAL VOTING in another then brings the law to bear because all I just enumerated has been covered under the law for grounds on which a re-run must be conducted based on the peculiarity involved
Am following three of u closely.U,ladyexcellency n i think Kehal.You people analysis are superb,informative n educating.But u people should find a common ground to arrive at on this law matter so that a lay man like me in law will not get more confuse
Re: Supreme Court Judgement that Upheld INEC Power to Declare Election Inconclusive by senatordave1(m): 11:55am On Sep 25, 2018
studentofTruth:
I pity PDP shaa. They know they have been outplayed. APC is good at their game. The romance of INCONCLUSIVE ELECTION AND SUPPLEMENTARY ELECTION is just to divert attention from where it should be. OSHOGBO. what happened in Oshogbo?
On Sunday morning when I heard that PDP was leading after 29LGAs has been collatted, I simply checked the one LGA left. once I found out it's Oshogbo, I felt sorry for PDP. They just danced for nothing.

Using Oshogbo to completely overturn the lead will raise eyebrows, so they gave you guys something to masturbate over. It's all part of the playbook. Reason they have been silent as the game is being played.

Getting Omisore to behave is quite easy. He's been their tool all along.
No sir.either apc are not serious about osun or there underestimated pdp and made mistakes.apc knew that ede will give pdp huge votes and therefore they also needed to counter that by getting huge votes from ilesa areas,osogbo,olorunda and boripe.since osogbo was the last they should have increased the vote margin by 1k or 2k.something isnt right
Re: Supreme Court Judgement that Upheld INEC Power to Declare Election Inconclusive by Almaiga: 11:55am On Sep 25, 2018
Princedapace:

Well, the question is why the selective judgment? And if APC was leading, would INEC have make such declaration?

[b]The inec act said May be declared inconclusive.. [/b]That means Inec may or may not.

That means something is wrong with the inec act. The word may is terrible for such a sensitive issue..

At the bolded; this clearly means, the INEC's actions did not contradict the law. This is all the matters.
Re: Supreme Court Judgement that Upheld INEC Power to Declare Election Inconclusive by mercylad(m): 12:01pm On Sep 25, 2018
Racoon:
Election was conducted.Voted were voided but not cancelled.Or did INEC said the votes were cancelled? Why is INEC yet to arrest it agent that absconded with the polling unit result?
A fact is that INEC was just playing a double standard in Osun.Review the Kogi by-election again & confirmed it.

Votes were cancelled in the 7 polling units that there is going to be rerun, if it were to be void then the rerun will be in every polling units cos each PU has void votes but the rerun is for cancelled (invalid) votes not void
Re: Supreme Court Judgement that Upheld INEC Power to Declare Election Inconclusive by expressglory: 12:05pm On Sep 25, 2018
[quote author=LadyExcellency post=71507484]

From my own perspective, it is unfortunate for 3450 voters out of 1,450,000 voters to determine the outcome of an election for a State. I will prefer or rather advice for rerun instead of a runoff election.[/

What are you saying for heaven's sake.We are having rerun not run off in Osun.Don't you know the difference?
Re: Supreme Court Judgement that Upheld INEC Power to Declare Election Inconclusive by K0y3: 12:41pm On Sep 25, 2018
Like I wrote earlier, there is a template. This kind of case had been judged at the supreme court. It most likely won't contradict itself. Plus ur submission is still based on sympathy and emotions. They are supreme court judges, they will not want to be found out like that.

moderatedguy:
But they are also human beings,tthey know the card INEC IS PLAYING and they also know that their duty is to deliver Justice.
Re: Supreme Court Judgement that Upheld INEC Power to Declare Election Inconclusive by Butterflyleo: 12:52pm On Sep 25, 2018
Pacesetter123:
Am following three of u closely.U,ladyexcellency n i think Kehal.You people analysis are superb,informative n educating.But u people should find a common ground to arrive at on this law matter so that a lay man like me in law will not get more confuse

In issues of this nature only the Law had a neutral ground and the supreme court, acting on this neutral ground has stated its position and that automatically becomes binding on future cases as it is now binding on the Osun elections outcome and other incidents which occurred.

No need for petty sentiments or emotional geriatrics. Enough of that Facade!

PDPs court adventure is simply a misadventure and a fruitless quest to lift a mountain using a toothpick.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Judgement that Upheld INEC Power to Declare Election Inconclusive by sonupasi: 1:08pm On Sep 25, 2018
Re: Supreme Court Judgement that Upheld INEC Power to Declare Election Inconclusive by Princedapace(m): 1:19pm On Sep 25, 2018
Almaiga:

At the bolded; this clearly means, the INEC's actions did not contradict the law. This is all the matters.

They didnt contradict the law, yes.. But this leaves the inec as a body to always work in favour of pay master..

Just like Obama said, we simply lack great institutions..

Same things PDP did are what APC is doing, so why did we vote them in the first place?
Re: Supreme Court Judgement that Upheld INEC Power to Declare Election Inconclusive by vankaid: 2:21pm On Sep 25, 2018
senatordave1:

The constitution has given inec that power to regulate elections as it pleases legally.all this has been settled by the supreme court in 2016.inec hasnt declared anybody winner yet,it only declared results leaving out 7 polling units which is enough to affect the entire margin.there is no winner until the issue of 7 polling units is resolved
To regulate elections as it pleases as long as it doesn't go against the constitution and I am sure you know I wasn't talking about overall winner here but winner of an LGA.
Anyways, if the thursday outcome doesnt favour Adeleke, I am sure he will want the court to do further interpretations and I am convinced he will win in the courts.
Re: Supreme Court Judgement that Upheld INEC Power to Declare Election Inconclusive by uboma(m): 2:31pm On Sep 25, 2018
bigtt76:
INEC = Inconclusive National Electoral Commission cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

lols.

You have no chills.

We should expect more inconclusive elections in the future.

How are you doing?
Re: Supreme Court Judgement that Upheld INEC Power to Declare Election Inconclusive by MrJanuzaj: 2:57pm On Sep 25, 2018
vankaid:

To regulate elections as it pleases as long as it doesn't go against the constitution and I am sure you know I wasn't talking about overall winner here but winner of an LGA.
Anyways, if the thursday outcome doesnt favour Adeleke, I am sure he will want the court to do further interpretations and I am convinced he will win in the courts.

Bro i was against inec before my brother who is a PDP supporter clarified me. Same thing happened in IMO, Kogi and Bayelsa. Yayha Bello became governor because of inconclusive elections.
Those affected local governments the results were declared, but the returning officers of those local governments clearly reported that there are cancellations of polling units due to various issues as each case may be. If the total number of the registered voters in all the polling units affected is greater than the margin between the top 2 candidates, then the election is inconclusive. Inec did not do anything wrong. PDP should prepare for re run and finish the job instead of the wild goose chase they want to embark on.
Re: Supreme Court Judgement that Upheld INEC Power to Declare Election Inconclusive by onlytiles(m): 3:09pm On Sep 25, 2018
that is to say no accreditation has taken place yet but in the case of Osun, voters have been accredited and in fact number of accredited voters in the areas affected is 305 while margin of win is about 353. so they are not the same. in the case of Kogi, it is assumed all registered voters would have come out to vote if not for the violence but in the case of Osun, there was no violence, just that Prisiding officer absconded with the card reader and in the other instance, there was no result sheet to record the scores.
please INEC knew that the two scenario are not the same but who pays the Piper dictates the choice

meanwhile contact us for your industrial and domestic pest control and Fumigation Services that is very effective for eradication of bed bugs, mosquitoes, rats and all other pests. 08169606527(watsapp enabled
Re: Supreme Court Judgement that Upheld INEC Power to Declare Election Inconclusive by Butterflyleo: 3:11pm On Sep 25, 2018
onlytiles:
that is to say no accreditation has taken place yet but in the case of Osun, voters have been accredited and in fact number of accredited voters in the areas affected is 305 while margin of win is about 353. so they are not the same. in the case of Kogi, it is assumed all registered voters would have come out to vote if not for the violence but in the case of Osun, there was no violence, just that Prisiding officer absconded with the card reader and in the other instance, there was no result sheet to record the scores.
please INEC knew that the two scenario are not the same but who pays the Piper dictates the choice

meanwhile contact us for your industrial and domestic pest control and Fumigation Services that is very effective for eradication of bed bugs, mosquitoes, rats and all other pests. 08169606527(watsapp enabled

You left out OVER VOTING, MANUAL VOTING, BALLOT BOX SNATCHING as well.

Your two reasons above were not the only reasons given by Inec.

Was it inec that gave the figure of 305 or was it the mischevious PDP who seem confused all of a sudden not to realise that we are talking about over 3000 disenfranchised voters and not 305.

The so called 305 that were accredited had been nullified because the elections in those areas were cancelled prior to vote counts. This means a fresh accreditation would be done.

Throw that your 305 figure into a volcano
Re: Supreme Court Judgement that Upheld INEC Power to Declare Election Inconclusive by Albinoflash(m): 3:40pm On Sep 25, 2018
Butterflyleo:

No what it means is that since their has been a judgement reference decided in the supreme court which is the highest legal body available here, then PDP is simply embarking on mission impossible by taking the same case parameters which have already been ruled upon by the supreme court, back to them.

Justice and free fair and credible elections have been made better now unlike pre 2015 based on such rulings as referenced.
we all know u are a supporter of the devils republic so nothing u say here will be taking seriox,so save ur copy and paste english for opposition come 2019.back to daura is the manthra
Re: Supreme Court Judgement that Upheld INEC Power to Declare Election Inconclusive by NairaMaster1(m): 5:22pm On Sep 25, 2018
senatordave1:
Pdp fans and anti buharists will surely avoid this kind of insightful thread.but once a failed artiste or a misguided celeb attacks inec about the osun polls,they will quickly gather and rant

I am sure you didn't read half of the post.

In the other ROOM:

The State Security Service (SSS), has confirmed that it is in custody of the Aide De Camp (ADC), to the wife of the president, Aisha Buhari.

The secret police said Sani Baba-Inna, a chief superintendent of police, is undergoing interrogation.

PREMIUM TIMES had reported Monday how Mrs Buhari petitioned the police alleging her ADC defrauded her of N2.5 billion.

Following the petition, the Police, last Friday, arrested Mr Baba-Inna and raided his home in the Garki District of Abuja.

However, the outcome of the raid and checks on his bank account showed that money of such magnitude was not in those locations.

Not satisfied, Mrs Buhari asked the SSS to take over the investigation.

The spokesperson of the service, Peter Afunanya, had told PREMIUM TIMES that he was not aware of the arrest but would revert once he received information on the matter.

Mr Afunanya kept his words and called us this afternoon to confirm that Mr Baba-Inna was in custody at the headquarters of his agency in Abuja.

“He was handed over by the Police and investigation is ongoing,” he said.

A member of the Baba-Inna family also informed us that the SSS allowed Hassana, the wife of the ADC to meet him today.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/286323-update-sss-confirms-detention-of-aisha-buharis-adc.html
Re: Supreme Court Judgement that Upheld INEC Power to Declare Election Inconclusive by larride(m): 5:53pm On Sep 25, 2018
Redendo:
The problem with INEC is INCONSISTENCY! The bayelsa election between Timipre Silva and Governor Dickson was Never declared inconclusive, despite the fact that the margin of win was less than the total number of cancelled votes.Instead Governor Dickson was declared winner..Same scenario happened during the senatorial election of David mark and his major opponent..David mark was also declared winner with a total number of votes which was less than the total number of cancelled votes!...INCONSISTENCY is the watch word..... So in such situations whereby a certain law is not on same page with the Nigeria constitution, then the Nigeria constitution has the final say....

Which Bayelsa election? The same one that was conducted Dec 2015? The way you guys display your ignorance in 3D is funny. A simple google could have saved you the troubles of embarrassing yourself like this.

Bayelsa election was declared inconclusive.
Re: Supreme Court Judgement that Upheld INEC Power to Declare Election Inconclusive by Redendo(m): 8:50am On Sep 26, 2018
larride:

Which Bayelsa election? The same one that was conducted Dec 2015? The way you guys display your ignorance in 3D is funny. A simple google could have saved you the troubles of embarrassing yourself like this.

Bayelsa election was declared inconclusive.
Did u also goggle about David mark election and the recent elections..I understand you are simply doing your work as a social media zombie aide to APC for a paltry 30k/month..But brother tell yourself the truth INEC has been inconsistent and biased with buharis cousin as head of operations at Inec...Anyways have they paid you this month grin
Re: Supreme Court Judgement that Upheld INEC Power to Declare Election Inconclusive by sonupasi: 12:37pm On Nov 19, 2018

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Charly Boy And Deji Danced Unclad In The Market Place / Governor Wike At Chukwuemeka Woke Triplet's Birthday [PHOTOS] / Igala Can Never Be Part Of Biafra – Group Tells Nnamdi Kanu (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.