Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,834 members, 7,828,045 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:43 PM

FCMB Has Refused To Lift Restrictions On My Account After Doing KYC - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / FCMB Has Refused To Lift Restrictions On My Account After Doing KYC (26627 Views)

CBN Lifts FX Restrictions On Milk, Dairy Products Import To Crash Prices / Please Help, He Has Refused To Refund My Money / How To Remove Post No Debit Restrictions On Your Bank Account. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FCMB Has Refused To Lift Restrictions On My Account After Doing KYC by charles009(m): 8:41am On Sep 25, 2018
Listen young man, I want to ask just one qüestion?

Why was your account blocked in the first place?

You cannot open a students account and boom you receive millions in the account. Questions should be asked my friend.

Again, you maturity is below par, no need for undue pressure. If the funds is from a trusted source, relax your funds will definitely be released. Thread carefully lest you burn your hands so quickly.
Re: FCMB Has Refused To Lift Restrictions On My Account After Doing KYC by babaegun(m): 8:42am On Sep 25, 2018
BigGuyMan01:
FCMB blocked my account they told me i exceeded the account limit and i was asked to upgrade the account which they requested for a National ID card and a Nepa bill whuuci willingly provided since on Friday but up till today my account is still locked.
I have sent them up to 10 different mails, called them, messaged them on Facebook and Instagram but my comments are always being deleted whenever I make a complaints on their pages.

This bank is ruining my life, these guys are making me having a hard to feed i don't know what to do anymore.

The funny part is that they got the worst customer service in Nigeria, they don't card about their customers they are only after their money and nothing else.

Mynd44 please help me move to front page to show the world the scam this bank is. I'll attach screenshots of my conversations with them and everything below

@OP
1. Visit the Bank to sort out things. if that fails, do 2.
2. Write a letter expressing your displeasure and ensure they acknowledge receipt. if that fails, do 3.
3. Escalate to CBN if nothing is done. Write a letter to CBN and attach scanned copy of the letter of complaint to cpd@cbn.gov.ng and make sure you copy their customer service (very important).

1 Like

Re: FCMB Has Refused To Lift Restrictions On My Account After Doing KYC by poseidon12: 8:46am On Sep 25, 2018
Mynd44:

A drank does not have the right to hold your money because of verifications in this manner.

The bank could have simply called his phone or sent him a text to bring his documents and given him 2 weeks to do so. If after that time, they coild have given him extra tine before they locked it.

Now imagine if he was not in the country and he needed to pay bills or things like that. Nigerian firms have hideous customer service with flimsy excuses

Good point there. But we did not hear from the Bank to know if they warned him before freezing his account.
Re: FCMB Has Refused To Lift Restrictions On My Account After Doing KYC by zubino(m): 8:46am On Sep 25, 2018
Bros I have been in your shoes before. I will advise u to go to the bank again if u really want it to be lifted. U need to be there to make a noise.

In my own case with stanbic IBTC, they sent someone to verify my residence. Unluckily for me, the first time the guy came , he said he didn't find my residence & nobody told me. I went bck to the bank to inform them that my account was still blocked & got the shock. I ranted the whole branch untill they called the guy & refixed the verification.
So u need to be in that branch to get it fixed. They may hv to call their head office for some directives.
If not , then they will take their time.
Re: FCMB Has Refused To Lift Restrictions On My Account After Doing KYC by ntyce(m): 8:52am On Sep 25, 2018
Mynd44:

A drank does not have the right to hold your money because of verifications in this manner.

The bank could have simply called his phone or sent him a text to bring his documents and given him 2 weeks to do so. If after that time, they coild have given him extra tine before they locked it.

Now imagine if he was not in the country and he needed to pay bills or things like that. Nigerian firms have hideous customer service with flimsy excuses

Banks have the rights...

It's a CBN policy, he operates a tier 1 account which shouldn't operate above 50k per transaction.
He submitted documents which must be verified before lifting the restriction on the account.

The turnaround time is 24-48 hrs.
Re: FCMB Has Refused To Lift Restrictions On My Account After Doing KYC by BigGuyMan01: 8:53am On Sep 25, 2018
charles009:
Listen young man, I want to ask just one qüestion?

Why was your account blocked in the first place?

You cannot open a students account and boom you receive millions in the account. Questions should be asked my friend.

Again, you maturity is below par, no need for undue pressure. If the funds is from a trusted source, relax your funds will definitely be released. Thread carefully lest you burn your hands so quickly.
Leave maturity aside bro you don't know what i have been through since all these happened.

I was in Lagos that was a month and a week ago when this shit happened, i visited the branch i opened the acc with my temporary voters card and my Nepa bill I was told that i registered the voters card in enugu so my details won't be in the lagos data base. I was made to travel to enugu state the next day i went there with the voters card I was told i registered it in March and they said it won't be updated in the date base yet. I was asked to apply for a national ID card which i calmly did and got it in two weeks, I went there with it On Friday with my community receipt cos they no longer use Nepa bill here the lady told me it's going to be resolved by Saturday or Sunday unfailingly, but what happened? Nothing today is Tuesday i spent up to 2k naira calling them yesterday still nothing positive.

I have been at bank before I got the national ID card several times and if you live in enugu agbani environ you'd understand majority of the banks are located in the town, going there alone cost up to 1500 naira so if i should calculate how much i have spent just to get my account activated it should be up to 15k naira, can you imagine?

And here you are telling me about maturity. I should have been in Lagos by now but the silly lady i met there asked me to come down to enugu cos it was where I did the voters card.

Just see everything I have been through and here you are telling me about maturity

2 Likes

Re: FCMB Has Refused To Lift Restrictions On My Account After Doing KYC by Nobody: 8:54am On Sep 25, 2018
oga tell us the truth wetin make dem block your account?
Re: FCMB Has Refused To Lift Restrictions On My Account After Doing KYC by habex005(m): 8:54am On Sep 25, 2018
Why did u decided to put all your egg in one basket..... why did u think an average Nigerian has three sim cards. Just to avoid stories that touches the heart.
Re: FCMB Has Refused To Lift Restrictions On My Account After Doing KYC by BigGuyMan01: 8:57am On Sep 25, 2018
poseidon12:

Good point there. But we did not hear from the Bank to know if they warned him before freezing his account.
They never did
Re: FCMB Has Refused To Lift Restrictions On My Account After Doing KYC by BigGuyMan01: 8:58am On Sep 25, 2018
quentin06:
oga tell us the truth wetin make dem block your account?
They said i exceeded the deposit limit and i needed to upgrade my account and required for a national ID card and Nepa bill which i provided
Re: FCMB Has Refused To Lift Restrictions On My Account After Doing KYC by trueconscience(m): 8:58am On Sep 25, 2018
fortune1894:
Unionbank is the worst
they v blocked my transfer
going to 2 years now

Sorry about that. What actually happened? Did your account engage in any irregularity?
Re: FCMB Has Refused To Lift Restrictions On My Account After Doing KYC by Kira290(m): 9:04am On Sep 25, 2018
Hjjg
Re: FCMB Has Refused To Lift Restrictions On My Account After Doing KYC by mustang247: 9:12am On Sep 25, 2018
See , it because u gentle, I had similar issue with one of these banks, after submitting my NEPA bills and I'd, dey tell me same story, menh I start display for them, I tell dem say na matter of life and death persosn dey hospital and dey talking shit,Before u know it some one brought camera and started filming, The manager came out from his office , cajoled me to come with him, when we got to his office he called dem headquarters, and dey lifted the sanction that moment.if u want something desperately do something desperate.Continue like this na next year dem go answer u.

2 Likes

Re: FCMB Has Refused To Lift Restrictions On My Account After Doing KYC by calebify1(m): 9:15am On Sep 25, 2018
Some of you will just come here and judge him, as if some of you have not done worse than him when those banks push you to the limit.
Re: FCMB Has Refused To Lift Restrictions On My Account After Doing KYC by Nobody: 9:22am On Sep 25, 2018
BigGuyMan01:
FCMB blocked my account they told me i exceeded the account limit and i was asked to upgrade the account which they requested for a National ID card and a Nepa bill whuuci willingly provided since on Friday but up till today my account is still locked.
I have sent them up to 10 different mails, called them, messaged them on Facebook and Instagram but my comments are always being deleted whenever I make a complaints on their pages.

This bank is ruining my life, these guys are making me having a hard to feed i don't know what to do anymore.

The funny part is that they got the worst customer service in Nigeria, they don't card about their customers they are only after their money and nothing else.

Mynd44 please help me move to front page to show the world the scam this bank is. I'll attached screenshots of my conversations with them and everything below
Have a lawyer write them staying that cause of their delay you have lost a deal worth over 300million and you are sueing them.
Watch them run and activate your account.
Thank me and credit me later
Re: FCMB Has Refused To Lift Restrictions On My Account After Doing KYC by gabbasin: 9:24am On Sep 25, 2018
BigGuyMan01:

That's a lie. My bro using access bank submitted a friend utility bill who lives far away from us and his account was upgraded right in his presence and the ban was lifted.

Nothing like House visitation sir
there is a reason why the op account is restricted, the account in question is a type that is opened without much documentation required as such there are conditions like maximum withdrawal per day might not be more than 20k and maximum deposit stipulated. Anything above the maximum deposit or amount above 20k demanded to be withdrawn will require the account to be regularised or upgraded, and this is where the bank will do the real KYC with NEPA bill and genuine identification demanded and residence verification physically done.
Re: FCMB Has Refused To Lift Restrictions On My Account After Doing KYC by skydancer: 9:25am On Sep 25, 2018
CHESTER48:
Mynd44 first off, I don't see any reason moving this to front page. Op gave them the requirements on Friday. Saturdays are closed for work. Sundays no work either. Then kn Monday is when work starts. They will have to start working to unblock the account from Monday. They do this for security reasons. At first if he produced an original I'd card his account won't be blocked. But they needed to verify the account due to the huge amount. I'll request you take this thing off. Impatience is bad. And it kills. Give them atleast 3days to resolve the issue after then you can shout. Weekends are not included young man.
The customer service is bad also. Instead of professionally mentioning to him that they are sorry they are unable to attend to this on the weekend and that it would be resolved latest by Tuesday or even Wednesday, they simply kept saying 'Soon', Apologize for inconveniences, etc
Re: FCMB Has Refused To Lift Restrictions On My Account After Doing KYC by pocohantas(f): 9:31am On Sep 25, 2018
Mynd44:

They do. It depends on the class of account he opened. If it were a Tier 1 or students account, then there is a limit to transactions that can go on in the said account. The bank reserves the right to flag and restrict such an account.

It is automated, no one has time to be monitoring your account, calling your phone and giving you time when you exceed your deposit/balance limit.

The only problem here is their poor turn around time and customer service. But the initial action doesn't contravene any banking policy.
Re: FCMB Has Refused To Lift Restrictions On My Account After Doing KYC by Nobody: 9:34am On Sep 25, 2018
BigGuyMan01:

Mynd44 please help me move to front page to show the world the scam this bank is. I'll attached screenshots of my conversations with them and everything below

For this to actually make sense FCMB, I suggest you close that account when things are sorted out or move your funds to a different account and never return.

Best wishes

N/B: if you have a good headed lawyer, you sue the bank for something light. wink
Re: FCMB Has Refused To Lift Restrictions On My Account After Doing KYC by Nobody: 9:35am On Sep 25, 2018
skydancer:

The customer service is bad also. Instead of professionally mentioning to him that they are sorry they are unable to attend to this on the weekend and that it would be resolved latest by Tuesday or even Wednesday, they simply kept saying 'Soon', Apologize for inconveniences, etc
anyway it's true it is his money and they are mandated to apologize to him. And explain things. But all I meant was, like he could atleast given them 3 working days first.

1 Like

Re: FCMB Has Refused To Lift Restrictions On My Account After Doing KYC by Nobody: 9:40am On Sep 25, 2018
BigGuyMan01:

Leave maturity aside bro you don't know what i have been through since all these happened.

I have been at bank before I got the national ID card several times and if you live in enugu agbani environ you'd understand majority of the banks are located in the town, going there alone cost up to 1500 naira so if i

Oga calm down. Going from Agbani to enugu town is not upto 500 naira sef. Easy with this lies biko kwa.
Re: FCMB Has Refused To Lift Restrictions On My Account After Doing KYC by otopxy: 9:46am On Sep 25, 2018
BigGuyMan01:

Kindly report them to cbn, I bet it, it will be resolved within 48 hours.
Re: FCMB Has Refused To Lift Restrictions On My Account After Doing KYC by BigGuyMan01: 9:48am On Sep 25, 2018
CHESTER48:
Oga calm down. Going from Agbani to enugu town is not upto 500 naira sef. Easy with this lies biko kwa.
Guy you dey make me vex o. Where do you know fcmb is located at Enugu town? No dey talk rubbish.
Re: FCMB Has Refused To Lift Restrictions On My Account After Doing KYC by DavidEsq(m): 9:52am On Sep 25, 2018
PrimadonnaO:
They did this to me, too. I had to write an instruction for the account to be closed and all my money given back to me.

I barely made it out of the bank before my account officer from the head office called me and was apologising. The accouny was unfrozen the next day.

I've noticed some sort of foul play in my account balance and alert. I intend to look into that this week. That bank is terrible!

So una no dey read 4 NL how that bank workers dey tif d bank manner steady? Chai! Maybe na una story go be next sha. Then una eye go clear.
Re: FCMB Has Refused To Lift Restrictions On My Account After Doing KYC by pocohantas(f): 9:52am On Sep 25, 2018
BigGuyMan01:

Guy you dey make me vex o. Where do you know fcmb is located at Enugu town? No dey talk rubbish.

No vex nna. This could be a branch problem. Maybe they have lost your package and they are buying time, or the person handling that desk is an efulefu.

Have you tried escalating it to their internal complaints unit? It should be listed on their website. Sorry for the inconvenience, Sir.

1 Like

Re: FCMB Has Refused To Lift Restrictions On My Account After Doing KYC by DavidEsq(m): 9:55am On Sep 25, 2018
obakovich:

Have a lawyer write them staying that cause of their delay you have lost a deal worth over 300million and you are sueing them.
Watch them run and activate your account.
Thank me and credit me later
Must OP credit u? Naigerians sef. So thank u no do u ba?
Re: FCMB Has Refused To Lift Restrictions On My Account After Doing KYC by BigGuyMan01: 9:55am On Sep 25, 2018
pocohantas:

No vex nna. This could be a branch problem. Maybe they have lost your package and they are buying time, or the person handling that desk is an efulefu.

Have you tried escalating it to their internal complaints unit? It should be listed on their website. Sorry for the inconvenience, Sir.
Just called them down the lady who picked the call said she's going to get in contact with the enugu branch and the branch i opened the account and it should be resolved before 4pm today.

Let's see how it goes.

Thank you
Re: FCMB Has Refused To Lift Restrictions On My Account After Doing KYC by Nobody: 10:20am On Sep 25, 2018
BigGuyMan01:

They said i exceeded the deposit limit and i needed to upgrade my account and required for a national ID card and Nepa bill which i provided

continue to remind them, report to cbn, theres a customer complaint section on their site.
Re: FCMB Has Refused To Lift Restrictions On My Account After Doing KYC by Nobody: 10:40am On Sep 25, 2018
BigGuyMan01:

grin grin there is one at npokiti and there is one at Holyghost market. 100 from Agbani to gariki. 70 naira if you enter big bus to ogbete. 100 naira if you enter keke. 70 if you enter new layout bus and stop at npokiti? The ogbete cost 170 or 200 naira total. Npokiti cost 170 naira total.So!! How am i making u vex? No dey lie here biko

1 Like

Re: FCMB Has Refused To Lift Restrictions On My Account After Doing KYC by sylve11: 10:46am On Sep 25, 2018
I h..ate This bank beyond measures. Useless bank. I used their ATM terminal, got debited without dispensing. I have called and called and called. They told me from my bank that FCMB marked the transaction as being successful. cool
Re: FCMB Has Refused To Lift Restrictions On My Account After Doing KYC by BigGuyMan01: 11:01am On Sep 25, 2018
I just received a call from them now they got to see this post lol.

And the lady was asking me why i decided to come to social media to do this, i explained everything to her and she apologised and just contacted my branch and they are working on it now, can you believe they didn't even acknowledged the documents I submitted since Friday.

That's how I'd have been shaded it I didn't come here to make this post.

She's called me twice now to apologise
That's the power of social media

Mynd44 thanks alot boss.
God bless everyone who helped in one way or the other and the idiot above called Chester that's been claiming to know everything about fcmb, where i live and how much I have spent in transportation so far. Bitch!
May common sense locate your address soonest!

Re: FCMB Has Refused To Lift Restrictions On My Account After Doing KYC by FitnessHomme: 11:01am On Sep 25, 2018

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

CBN Identifies Fraudulent Loan Offer On Social Media / Cubana Hotel Promises 50 Jobs For South African Returnees / CBN Revises Timelines For Dispense Errors, Refund Complaints

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.