Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,646 members, 7,813,168 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:09 AM

Rejoinder On Chimamanda Adiche's Eradication Of Bride Price. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Rejoinder On Chimamanda Adiche's Eradication Of Bride Price. (434 Views)

A Sample Of Bride Price In UGEP, Yakurr LGA Of Cross River State (Pictures) / Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband / Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rejoinder On Chimamanda Adiche's Eradication Of Bride Price. by lordcabasa(m): 8:46am On Sep 25, 2018
This is Chimamanda Adiche, she is a Mother and renowned Writer/novelist. She is legally married to her Husband with her Bride Price paid in full. She has not returned her Bride Price to her Husband nor any of his family neither has she indicated interests to so do.

But lately, this same character is all over the virtual electronic social Space, campaigning for the eradication of Bride price payments for some absurd reasons. Reasons she herself is yet to come to terms with. But as usual, the Spinsters and single women are cheering her up and believing that to be the new way to go under the guise of Women Rights/Equality Movement whilst ignoring the teachings of the Holy Bible in Genesis 33 :12, Exodus 22 :16 - 17 and the Noble Koran 4:4, 4:24, 2: 236 on the payment of mahr/dowry in Islam.

This reminds me of the Linda Ikeji celibacy Movement that ended with her bearing a child without a known husband. STOP BELIEVING EVERYTHING IN THE VIRTUAL SPACE, here people live for likes, comments and popularity. Nothing is real... Absolutely Nothing!

Re: Rejoinder On Chimamanda Adiche's Eradication Of Bride Price. by NIGHTMARE0O7: 9:11am On Sep 25, 2018
undecided

1 Like

Re: Rejoinder On Chimamanda Adiche's Eradication Of Bride Price. by Nobody: 9:57am On Sep 25, 2018
Who is chimamanda?
Which power does she have to change tradition that have become part of us for ages?

There are many Nigerians in diaspora who are more intelligent, influential, and resourceful than her, but they dont make noise.

Because of awards she don get, the mbeke no dey gree us rest.

Feminist my foot!
Only a daft fellow would support the junk that woman preaches...

lordcabasa:
This is Chimamanda Adiche, she is a Mother and renowned Writer/novelist. She is legally married to her Husband with her Bride Price paid in full. She has not returned her Bride Price to her Husband nor any of his family neither has she indicated interests to so do.

But lately, this same character is all over the virtual electronic social Space, campaigning for the eradication of Bride price payments for some absurd reasons. Reasons she herself is yet to come to terms with. But as usual, the Spinsters and single women are cheering her up and believing that to be the new way to go under the guise of Women Rights/Equality Movement whilst ignoring the teachings of the Holy Bible in Genesis 33 :12, Exodus 22 :16 - 17 and the Noble Koran 4:4, 4:24, 2: 236 on the payment of mahr/dowry in Islam.

This reminds me of the Linda Ikeji celibacy Movement that ended with her bearing a child without a known husband. STOP BELIEVING EVERYTHING IN THE VIRTUAL SPACE, here people live for likes, comments and popularity. Nothing is real... Absolutely Nothing!
Re: Rejoinder On Chimamanda Adiche's Eradication Of Bride Price. by KanwuliaExtra: 4:50pm On Sep 25, 2018
Bride price is traditionally-symbolic of a traditional marriage.

I do not see a place for such a custom in the near future as MANY DO NOT KNOW THE ROADS to their villages presently and futuristically.

I don’t understand the problem with Chimamanda’s stance.

Even if she had her bride price paid. . . And Linda got pregnant for a married man, EVERYONE HAS THE RIGHT TO CHANGE THEIR VIEWS OR BELIEFS!

No one forced anyone to FOLLOW BLINDLY or AGREE with them.
You disagree? Fine. Some of us AGREE. Free world.

YOU ARE THE JOBLESS ONES SLEEPING ON THEIR IG, FB and other social media accounts and following their lives like SHEEP! kiss

Deal with it! kiss

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

9 Signs You're In A Romantic Relationship With The Wrong Person / Which Person Best Defines You / My Wife Is Stubborn, I Want To Divorce Her – Mans Tells Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.