Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,884 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

2018 FIFA Best Awards: Who Voted Who? Revealed! - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 2018 FIFA Best Awards: Who Voted Who? Revealed! (36431 Views)

Kanu Nwankwo & Wife, Amara At FIFA Best Awards (Photo) / FIFA Best Awards: 13-man Panel Revealed! / Kanu To Unveil Finalist For FIFA Best Awards In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2018 FIFA Best Awards: Who Voted Who? Revealed! by LeoFish92(m): 10:08pm On Sep 25, 2018
LesbianBoy:

No...you shut up! If Modric was so good why was he not carrying the team when CR7 was not playing well and was been rested by zidane? Let's even check out the stats without goals. Modric did nothing special than CR7 so how the hell is he the best player? I like the fact the CR7 no attend sef! Biased FIFA! They even robbed CR7 of puskas award. Just take a look at the goal that won it for salah. Even kelechi iheanacho scored better goals than that! grin grin

As for puskas, I knew it'd go to Salah, virtually the whole of Egypt voted for him.
Re: 2018 FIFA Best Awards: Who Voted Who? Revealed! by polariss(m): 1:17am On Sep 26, 2018
virago:

Very logical , if the first two or one of the first two plays his exact role then it's possible he won't be FIFA 11
For you to make the top 3,you must have been the best in your "role".if you can run,why cant you walk?
Re: 2018 FIFA Best Awards: Who Voted Who? Revealed! by alfredo4u(m): 4:11am On Sep 26, 2018
arent88:
I still don't get how Mohammed sallah came third in the world and was not included in FIFA best 11

They can't have two players playing the same wing, they picked one out the two...

Eg. If Saleh and Messi are playing the same wing, they will pick the best among them...

I hope u understand now
Re: 2018 FIFA Best Awards: Who Voted Who? Revealed! by ClintonNzedimma(m): 7:07am On Sep 26, 2018
somiblaze:

It was crystal clear to virtually every football pundits and even Messi himself, that he was not at his best last season, and does not deserve to be among the best 3. Let's keep sentiment aside.
nope, it's called the 'see finish syndrome'. Messi had a wonderful season but even Salah's standard, but Messi has set the standard too high for himself, look at Salah's season, hasn't Messi done twice better than that in past years?
Re: 2018 FIFA Best Awards: Who Voted Who? Revealed! by arent88(m): 10:20am On Sep 26, 2018
alfredo4u:

They can't have two players playing the same wing, they picked one out the two...

Eg. If Saleh and Messi are playing the same wing, they will pick the best among them...

I hope u understand now
if sallah came third in the world then who ever was on that wing, sallah was better than him for the season.
Re: 2018 FIFA Best Awards: Who Voted Who? Revealed! by einsteine(m): 11:09am On Sep 26, 2018
arent88:
if sallah came third in the world then who ever was on that wing, sallah was better than him for the season.

How many times would they tell you people that the voters for the Best Player award are different from those who vote the Fifpro XI?

The best player award is voted by media representatives, general public, captains and coaches.

The FIFpro best 11 is voted by all registered professional footballers who are asked to choose a team of the best 11 players of the season. So it's very possible for the results to be different.
Re: 2018 FIFA Best Awards: Who Voted Who? Revealed! by theDEVILisHERE: 12:11pm On Sep 26, 2018
LesbianBoy:
This year's FIFA award has shown that there are a lot of double standard people out there.

Its funny how those that said Messi deserve his award in 2010 are suddenly saying Modric deserves his. Modric was no where near as good as Sneidjer was yet Messi won it.

The truth is CR7 was robbed of his award.

True
Re: 2018 FIFA Best Awards: Who Voted Who? Revealed! by saxby(f): 4:15pm On Sep 26, 2018
Whatever the case the winners have won their awards and we must move on, today Liverpool hosts Chelsea in Wednesday’s high profile EFL Cup clash at Anfield. Can Liverpool maintain their perfect start to the season when they host the unbeaten Chelsea in the EFL Cup?
www.betway.com.ng
#BetwayDaily

Re: 2018 FIFA Best Awards: Who Voted Who? Revealed! by virago(f): 5:36am On Sep 27, 2018
polariss:

For you to make the top 3,you must have been the best in your "role".if you can run,why cant you walk?

So if the top 3 play striking position ( number 9 ) all three will be on the FIFA 11 team I don't think so

The FIFA 11 is the best 11 players for the 11 positions on the field , please try to get that. So it is usually the best
Keeper ( 1 )
Right full back ( 2 )
Left full back ( 3 )
Defensive midfielders ( 4 and 5 )
Central defender ( 6 )
Right forward winger ( 7 )
Supporting striker ( 8 )
Striker ( 9 )
Central midfielder ( 10 )
and Left forward winger ( 11 )

So all this you're saying is baseless , so if two of the best players in the world are keepers FIFA will put 2 keepers in the best 11
Re: 2018 FIFA Best Awards: Who Voted Who? Revealed! by somiblaze(m): 12:25pm On Sep 27, 2018
peesleem:

let me answer yhu, messi that did not lose any match he played in league last season, dont forget the fact that he won both laliga nd copa del rey, he is also the highest goal scorer across europe last season

It's good you said in the past and not last season.
Re: 2018 FIFA Best Awards: Who Voted Who? Revealed! by peesleem(m): 1:21pm On Sep 27, 2018
somiblaze:

It's good you said in the past and not last season.
i mean LAST SEASON, yhu can go through my post again
Re: 2018 FIFA Best Awards: Who Voted Who? Revealed! by myfootballface: 5:14pm On Sep 27, 2018
Lol nice one from Modric, I see he put rRonaldo second to avoid adding to the votes of a direct competitor. Meanwhile beht nobody voted for Pogba Even his coach kai
Re: 2018 FIFA Best Awards: Who Voted Who? Revealed! by polariss(m): 6:27pm On Sep 27, 2018
virago:

So if the top 3 play striking position ( number 9 ) all three will be on the FIFA 11 team I don't think so

The FIFA 11 is the best 11 players for the 11 positions on the field , please try to get that. So it is usually the best
Keeper ( 1 )
Right full back ( 2 )
Left full back ( 3 )
Defensive midfielders ( 4 and 5 )
Central defender ( 6 )
Right forward winger ( 7 )
Supporting striker ( 8 )
Striker ( 9 )
Central midfielder ( 10 )
and Left forward winger ( 11 )

So all this you're saying is baseless , so if two of the best players in the world are keepers FIFA will put 2 keepers in the best 11
Still illogical...logic demands that the top 3 should be the best in each position.
Re: 2018 FIFA Best Awards: Who Voted Who? Revealed! by virago(f): 7:49pm On Sep 27, 2018
polariss:

Still illogical...logic demands that the top 3 should be the best in each position.

Nah!!! more than once the best 3 have been the top strikers ( number 9 ) for their teams and country , as you would expect more players playing the top striking positions have been named best players by FIFA than any other position on the field. Haba why are you still arguing this
Re: 2018 FIFA Best Awards: Who Voted Who? Revealed! by somiblaze(m): 9:28pm On Sep 27, 2018
peesleem:

i mean LAST SEASON, yhu can go through my post again

The question u asked was simply "hasn't Messi done twice better than that in past years?" And my answer is yes, he has but not last season, Salah did better than him last season.
Re: 2018 FIFA Best Awards: Who Voted Who? Revealed! by peesleem(m): 10:44pm On Sep 27, 2018
somiblaze:

The question u asked was simply "hasn't Messi done twice better than that in past years?" And my answer is yes, he has but not last season, Salah did better than him last season.
How is Salah performance better than that of messi's. can yhu pls show me their stat
Re: 2018 FIFA Best Awards: Who Voted Who? Revealed! by polariss(m): 10:12pm On Sep 28, 2018
virago:

Nah!!! more than once the best 3 have been the top strikers ( number 9 ) for their teams and country , as you would expect more players playing the top striking positions have been named best players by FIFA than any other position on the field. Haba why are you still arguing this
I am not arguing with you or disputing the fact that that's how its been.
I am simply saying it shouldn't be so..the word "best" should be "meaningfied"... best no get condition..if you take 3rd position for class,when them pick from 11th position upwards why shouldn't your name be there??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Israel Adesanya Gets Six-Month Medical Suspension After Blachowicz Defeat / AFCON: South Africa Slams Nigeria For Football Safety Warning / Wike Presents Buses To Rivers United & Rivers Angels, ₦20Million To Beat Enyimba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.