Stats: 3,153,663 members, 7,820,331 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

Pastor Okotie Blasts Jonathan Over Soccer Ban Reversal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pastor Okotie Blasts Jonathan Over Soccer Ban Reversal (4969 Views)

Court Orders Papers Served On Jonathan Over Qualification For 2015 / It’s Time To Vote Out ‘I Will Do President’ – Amaechi Blasts Jonathan / Gbenga Adeyinka Mocks Jonathan Over N10 Fuel Price Reduction (2) (3) (4)

Pastor Okotie Blasts Jonathan Over Soccer Ban Reversal by shadrach77: 1:12am On Jul 08, 2010
Good Morning! Thursday July 08, 2010
Services
Back Page
Okotie slams FG over Eagles’ ban
By Our reporter
Thursday, July 08, 2010
• Rev. Chris Okotie
Photo: Sun News Publishing

* More Stories on This Section

Presidential aspirant, Rev. Chris Okotie, has condemned the recent ban on the Super Eagles by the Federal Government and its subsequent reversal following the threat by the world soccer regulatory body, FIFA, to ban Nigeria if it fails to reverse the decision.

In a brief jibe at the PDP-led Federal Government in between sermons at his Church, The Household of God, Oregun, Lagos, last Sunday, Rev. Okotie said, “It is whimsical, capricious and absurd to ban the Super Eagles because they lost some matches at the World Cup. If FIFA moves against Nigeria, the government would backtrack.”

And so, it happened that the government reversed its decision, which would certainly dismay many observers. Rev. Okotie had earlier decried the government’s frequent policy summersault at the declaration of his presidential ambition in Lagos on June 29, 2010. He told his supporters at a forum in Lagos during the week that policy reversals were a hallmark of the internal contradictions in the PDP.

“A government that can reverse its decision within one week should not be taken seriously by the people it claims to represent. This action clearly shows that the government is not thorough; it lacks sound policy making machinery, which could engender lasting success for its programmes.”

Rev. Okotie said that it was a shame that an international institution like FIFA could stare down a whole sovereign state like Nigeria because the country’s policy makers were careless. “They ought to have examined the full implications of the action they took concerning our withdrawal from all competitions before taking the decision. Now, we have exposed our country’s lack of administrative acumen and cohesion to a watching world,” Okotie lamented. The reverend restated his well-known position that the PDP lacked the capacity to govern the nation.

“Only a FRESH government, led by me, has the vision and commitment to drive Nigeria on a path of growth and stability,” he added. He urged the Federal Government to carefully study the problems facing the nation’s sports in all its ramifications and proffer solutions instead of making ill conceived ad-hoc moves.
Re: Pastor Okotie Blasts Jonathan Over Soccer Ban Reversal by Acidosis(m): 3:13am On Jul 08, 2010
Exactly! Jonathan shouldn't have reversed his decision to ban the super eagles. It really shows the high level of weakness in our government, for a body like FIFA to control, interupt, interfere and change the decision of President Goodluck Jonathan, the Grand Commander of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. What a Shame!!!
Re: Pastor Okotie Blasts Jonathan Over Soccer Ban Reversal by hatch: 4:57am On Jul 08, 2010
Pastor Okotie can rant all he wants,after all he has right to his own opinions.
Re: Pastor Okotie Blasts Jonathan Over Soccer Ban Reversal by Onlytruth(m): 6:11am On Jul 08, 2010
Is it true that Chris Okotie has two wives?

Heard that in the grapevine.
Re: Pastor Okotie Blasts Jonathan Over Soccer Ban Reversal by Ijeleigbo(m): 10:07am On Jul 08, 2010
Pastor chris okotie. Thank you very much for your candid opinion and unnecessary criticisms BUT YOU WILL NEVER BECOME THE PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA. You will only die trying. If the president withdrew the ban, what's your business? Instead of you to look at the advantages of him taking such a decision you are there critiscising. What a very poor way of campaigning. What have you pastor contributed to the development of Nigeria? You think is to wear beautiful suits and speak big English on the pulpit? Lunatic !
Re: Pastor Okotie Blasts Jonathan Over Soccer Ban Reversal by oderemo(m): 10:16am On Jul 08, 2010
@Kiele,
pls don't let us castigate him only cos he is a pastor,
do that when he is wrong ,that i will agree.
will you say reversing that decision was right,?
b4 making that decision y didn't our Jonathan seek legal advice, first.
Re: Pastor Okotie Blasts Jonathan Over Soccer Ban Reversal by redsun(m): 10:40am On Jul 08, 2010
ode remo:

@Kiele,
do that when he is wrong ,that i will agree.

I wonder,not even a low class functioning household can take a drastic decision without considering the short and long term implications and advantages.It really portray the kind of government we have,they don't think anything through,hence the pathetic state of the country,

Not even a small time pepper selling woman can be so careless with her managerial decisions
Re: Pastor Okotie Blasts Jonathan Over Soccer Ban Reversal by Ijeleigbo(m): 10:41am On Jul 08, 2010
ode remo:

@Kiele,
do that when  he is wrong ,that i will agree.
Legal advice? For moses sake, leaders make decisions and reverse them. Super Eagles DISGRACED our country in front of the world and out of anger he made the decision. We all know the reason behind the ban. You know very well. Or were you happy with the performance of the super chickens? What legal advice does he need? Okotie should face his pastoral work and stop living in fantasies because he will never be president. Who will vote him if i may ask, you? Pls give a n.i.g.g.a a break. If he wants to have a taste of politics, let him try contesting for a councillor.
Re: Pastor Okotie Blasts Jonathan Over Soccer Ban Reversal by Ijeleigbo(m): 10:47am On Jul 08, 2010
redsun:

I wonder,not even a low class functioning household can take a drastic decision without considering the short and long term implications and advantages.It really portray the kind of government we have,they don't think anything through,hence the pathetic state of the country,

Not even a small time pepper selling woman can be so careless with her managerial decisions
you see, wide mouthed people like you will turn our country into a capitalist Economy if given the chance to be president.
Re: Pastor Okotie Blasts Jonathan Over Soccer Ban Reversal by Nobody: 10:47am On Jul 08, 2010
Ijele-igbo:

Legal advice? For moses sake, leaders make decisions and reverse them. Super Eagles DISGRACED our country in front of the world and out of anger he made the decision. We all know the reason behind the ban. You know very well. Or were you happy with the performance of the super chickens? What legal advice does he need? Okotie should face his pastoral work and stop living in fantasies because he will never be president. Who will vote him if i may ask, you? Pls give a n.i.g.g.a a break. If he wants to have a taste of politics, let him try contesting for a councillor.

if all of us made our decisions out of anger . . .

you don't want the numer one citizen of the most populous country in africa making knee jerk decisons - i banned them because i vex i unban them because them beg me for fb
and so on and so forth. . .
Re: Pastor Okotie Blasts Jonathan Over Soccer Ban Reversal by redsun(m): 10:49am On Jul 08, 2010
Okotie is relatively more qualified to be the president of nigeria than the band of rogues headed by obasanjo.
Re: Pastor Okotie Blasts Jonathan Over Soccer Ban Reversal by oderemo(m): 10:52am On Jul 08, 2010
@ijele,
now assuming it was more serious than that,
like ,we are going to war with Ghana
next DAy he woke up on the wrong side of the bed and says , oh no i made i mistake,we don't want war.
what do you think Ghanaians will think of him and the country in general.?
good leaders  SURROUND themselves with topmost adverse rs.
Re: Pastor Okotie Blasts Jonathan Over Soccer Ban Reversal by Ijeleigbo(m): 10:56am On Jul 08, 2010
oyb:

if all of us made our decisions out of anger . . .

you don't want the numer one citizen of the most populous country in africa making knee jerk decisons - i banned them because i vex i unban them because them beg me for fb
and so on and so forth. . .
Mr man, look at your signature. Do you practise what you preach? You said experts are those who make more mistakes. You have suddenly referred Jonathan's decision as knee-jerk? Were you happy with the shambolic display of ur super chickens at the world cup?
Re: Pastor Okotie Blasts Jonathan Over Soccer Ban Reversal by Ijeleigbo(m): 11:02am On Jul 08, 2010
ode remo:

@ijele,
now assuming it was more serious than that,
like ,we are going to war with Ghana
next DAy he woke up on the wrong side of the bed and says , oh no i made i mistake,we don't want war.
what do you think Ghanaians will think of him and the country in general.?
good leaders  SURROUND themselves with topmost adverse rs.
why do you think we have what is called public opinion? Government will make decisions and there will always be criticisms. Now if you were the president what would you have done?
Re: Pastor Okotie Blasts Jonathan Over Soccer Ban Reversal by r231(m): 11:04am On Jul 08, 2010
redsun:

Okotie is relatively more qualified to be the president of nigeria than the band of rogues headed by obasanjo.

i don't think so
Re: Pastor Okotie Blasts Jonathan Over Soccer Ban Reversal by redsun(m): 11:09am On Jul 08, 2010
I supported the ban,but giving to fifa is a great let down because i thought he had some good plans to reform nigerian sports scene and if fifa can't afford to wait because of their own selfish needs and ego,they should go to  hell.

We can create a football scene in africa with or without fifa.It's not all about money but about originality,decision making and who is in control.Football is a sports given to the world by the british.What sports can we put our name to as the originators?None,we only derive pleasure to be led like sheep
Re: Pastor Okotie Blasts Jonathan Over Soccer Ban Reversal by Nobody: 11:10am On Jul 08, 2010
Ijele-igbo:

Mr man, look at your signature. Do you practise what you preach? You said experts are those who make more mistakes. You have suddenly referred Jonathan's decision as knee-jerk? Were you happy with the shambolic display of your super chickens at the world cup?

mr man, did you read what you read - you  wrote out of anger he made the decision

also if you look you will see  my sig   an expert is a person that has made more mistakes than anyone else. . .

the dots are there because i could not write the complete quote which is

an expert is a person that has made more mistakes than anyone else and learned from them

does he want to claim he belived all that bombast the players were spoutinghe should have simply stopped the
Re: Pastor Okotie Blasts Jonathan Over Soccer Ban Reversal by Ijeleigbo(m): 11:13am On Jul 08, 2010
r231:

i don't think so
oh pls tell them. They think Nigeria is operating a theocratic system of Government.
Re: Pastor Okotie Blasts Jonathan Over Soccer Ban Reversal by redsun(m): 11:15am On Jul 08, 2010
r231:

i don't think so

Relatively,of course he is far better than them because i think he has more common sense than them.
Re: Pastor Okotie Blasts Jonathan Over Soccer Ban Reversal by r231(m): 11:18am On Jul 08, 2010
redsun:

Relatively,of course he is far better than them because i think he has more common sense than them.

see thats where i disagree with you more lol

if you say Education and big english now i will say yes

but common sense NOOOOOOO
Re: Pastor Okotie Blasts Jonathan Over Soccer Ban Reversal by redsun(m): 11:27am On Jul 08, 2010
r231:

see thats where i disagree with you more lol

if you say Education and big english now i will say yes

but common sense NOOOOOOO

Why not?How is obasanjo common sense better than jonathan's?Obasanjo steals from the nation,including from okotie,while okotie live off the gullible people with his charms and at the same time in one way or the other help the vulnerable and gullible with his motivational speeches.but all people like obasanjo brings to the nation is corruption and destruction that creates more vulnerable and gullible people that people like okotie tries to help and live off.
Re: Pastor Okotie Blasts Jonathan Over Soccer Ban Reversal by ajayilagos: 11:47am On Jul 08, 2010
Okotie should mind the work of God and not ponk Nose in Government and sport, after all na offering go end everything
Re: Pastor Okotie Blasts Jonathan Over Soccer Ban Reversal by BabaO2: 11:51am On Jul 08, 2010
Jonathan has messed up Nigerians by that singular action, it shows that we dont have standard.
Why cant mere FIFA change their rule to favour Nigeria Government?.
This action has really shown his level of incompetence. It might really work against him.
Re: Pastor Okotie Blasts Jonathan Over Soccer Ban Reversal by ebot64(m): 11:59am On Jul 08, 2010
Truth be told, it doesn't say well of a sovereign state like NAIJA to bow to FIFA.
But if Jonathan's decision was what was required to initiate the ongoing cleansing of the notorious GLASS HOUSE, then its worth it.
At least FIFA is no longer insistent on her "no-government-interference-in-football-administration" stand.

As for Chris, tell me something better to make me vote for you come 2011.
Re: Pastor Okotie Blasts Jonathan Over Soccer Ban Reversal by oderemo(m): 12:02pm On Jul 08, 2010
it shows the manner of  Jonathan decision making ability, none.
this is not in my op pinion the kind of president i want to lead me.
2yrs ban, so wtf.
if that is what will take for house cleaning y not.
Jonathan mess up big time.
Re: Pastor Okotie Blasts Jonathan Over Soccer Ban Reversal by violent(m): 12:03pm On Jul 08, 2010
Ijele-igbo:

tht's the dumbest thing ever!

If Leaders everywhere make decisions just because their coffee came late or wife is just being annoying, we'd have nukes flying everywhere!

If he wishes to make decisions without thinking em thru, then he shoulda restricted himself to the corner of his room.

I never liked IBB, no, not for a second, but one thing i'm sure of, he wouldn't expose the country to such ridicule as that of "Anger-led-ill advised-facebook junkie" called Jonathan!

Okotie is right, a President that makes decision and changes em withing one week shouldn't be taken seriously!
Re: Pastor Okotie Blasts Jonathan Over Soccer Ban Reversal by asofejo(m): 12:05pm On Jul 08, 2010
wetin dey happen for naija nowadays, GOD help my country oooo
Re: Pastor Okotie Blasts Jonathan Over Soccer Ban Reversal by fugocisse: 12:07pm On Jul 08, 2010
pastor okotie you should keep your self out from nigerian politics. stick with the work in your church and not one leg here one leg there. this is just a bad way of campaining.

since the banning from jonathan bears a goodfruit which is getting  oluku/lulu( lulu in chinese means stupid) and his backward groups out from our nff, whats the need again for banning our teams from playing football which is the only thing that unites us togather as nigerians( i love this country). our president plays a nice politics by banning us for 2years and that send fears to lulu and his group, then the other members in a hurry to save our football impeached them and then raise an intrim government of which a new formidable leaders will be elected in due time.

if not this wise choice made by our president how do you ever think that lulu will get out from there, knowing the kind of corrupt practices which he carried out with his groups, he wont leave the sit so as not to let nigerians find out what mess he leads us into, so if you try to pull him out by force then he report the government for interfearring and fifa will hit us with a wang! so uncle joe did the best thing SMOKE THE HOLE AND KILL THE RAT! grin
Re: Pastor Okotie Blasts Jonathan Over Soccer Ban Reversal by DoubleN(m): 12:14pm On Jul 08, 2010
shadrach77:

Good Morning! Thursday July 08, 2010
Services
Back Page
Okotie slams FG over Eagles’ ban
By Our reporter
Thursday, July 08, 2010
• Rev. Chris Okotie
Photo: Sun News Publishing

* More Stories on This Section

Presidential aspirant, Rev. Chris Okotie, has condemned the recent ban on the Super Eagles by the Federal Government and its subsequent reversal following the threat by the world soccer regulatory body, FIFA, to ban Nigeria if it fails to reverse the decision.

In a brief jibe at the PDP-led Federal Government in between sermons at his Church, The Household of God, Oregun, Lagos, last Sunday, Rev. Okotie said, “It is whimsical, capricious and absurd to ban the Super Eagles because they lost some matches at the World Cup. If FIFA moves against Nigeria, the government would backtrack.”

And so, it happened that the government reversed its decision, which would certainly dismay many observers. Rev. Okotie had earlier decried the government’s frequent policy summersault at the declaration of his presidential ambition in Lagos on June 29, 2010. He told his supporters at a forum in Lagos during the week that policy reversals were a hallmark of the internal contradictions in the PDP.

“A government that can reverse its decision within one week should not be taken seriously by the people it claims to represent. This action clearly shows that the government is not thorough; it lacks sound policy making machinery, which could engender lasting success for its programmes.”

Rev. Okotie said that it was a shame that an international institution like FIFA could stare down a whole sovereign state like Nigeria because the country’s policy makers were careless. “They ought to have examined the full implications of the action they took concerning our withdrawal from all competitions before taking the decision. Now, we have exposed our country’s lack of administrative acumen and cohesion to a watching world,” Okotie lamented. The reverend restated his well-known position that the PDP lacked the capacity to govern the nation.

“Only a FRESH government, led by me, has the vision and commitment to drive Nigeria on a path of growth and stability,” he added. He urged the Federal Government to carefully study the problems facing the nation’s sports in all its ramifications and proffer solutions instead of making ill conceived ad-hoc moves.

I have my reservations on that.
Re: Pastor Okotie Blasts Jonathan Over Soccer Ban Reversal by cvibe: 12:21pm On Jul 08, 2010
Freedom of expression
Re: Pastor Okotie Blasts Jonathan Over Soccer Ban Reversal by Ranoscky(m): 12:25pm On Jul 08, 2010
@r231, so long as naija is concern now, even U, urself can rule naija better. why? b'cos those animals there that called themself's leaders are not doing the right thing so if u ask me i'll say okotie can do it better than them. I'm not saying this b'cos he's a pastor or he's learned and speaks big-big grammer but b'cos he has the vision and fear of GOD in him.  Dough, i don't see him wining the election, why? b'cos, some peeps will be wondering how can a Rev. pastor contest for presidency? they'll have it at the back of their head that he (okotie) is not a true man of GOD then, for contesting for presidency, but if u ask me, i'll say their's no harm in trying. why not give him a chance since the so called true leaders are not doing it right? he (okotie) MIGHT not be the right person, as some peeps may think but who know's if he is truely the RIGHT 1? atleas, he might not be as bad as our present leaders, being that he has the fear of GOD in him. mind u, i'm not Okotie's member in his church, i'v not even been to his church b4 and i don't even know where his church is located at but, but so long as naija is not moving forward with the leaders we have, even 'U' urself can make it better!  finito!
Re: Pastor Okotie Blasts Jonathan Over Soccer Ban Reversal by eloii: 12:25pm On Jul 08, 2010
pastor okotie you should keep your self out from nigerian politics. stick with the work in your church and not one leg here one leg there. this is just a bad way of campaining.

since the banning from jonathan bears a goodfruit which is getting  oluku/lulu( lulu in chinese means silly) and his backward groups out from our nff, whats the need again for banning our teams from playing football which is the only thing that unites us togather as nigerians( i love this country). our president plays a nice politics by banning us for 2years and that send fears to lulu and his group, then the other members in a hurry to save our football impeached them and then raise an intrim government of which a new formidable leaders will be elected in due time.

if not this wise choice made by our president how do you ever think that lulu will get out from there, knowing the kind of corrupt practices which he carried out with his groups, he wont leave the sit so as not to let nigerians find out what mess he leads us into, so if you try to pull him out by force then he report the government for interfearring and fifa will hit us with a wang! so uncle joe did the best thing SMOKE THE HOLE AND KILL THE RAT! Grin

i wonder what is Pastor (That is ManOfGod) business with politicial, if Jonathan say anything to Okotie, it will become another thing. "If you know something that is avoidable, please try to avoid it.

Burutai wife own dubai property...revealed by sahara reporters. Picz / 2019: God Will Remove Buhari — Olusegun Obasanjo / Pictures From Atiku/obi's Presidential Campaign In Ekiti

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128