Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,738 members, 7,809,827 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:37 PM

Pastor Okotie Blasts Jonathan Over Soccer Ban Reversal - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pastor Okotie Blasts Jonathan Over Soccer Ban Reversal (4962 Views)

Court Orders Papers Served On Jonathan Over Qualification For 2015 / It’s Time To Vote Out ‘I Will Do President’ – Amaechi Blasts Jonathan / Gbenga Adeyinka Mocks Jonathan Over N10 Fuel Price Reduction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Okotie Blasts Jonathan Over Soccer Ban Reversal by CGKing(m): 12:45pm On Jul 09, 2010
I dont agree! The president should be aware of his office and the communications of his actions. He demonstrated that he did not properly consider the action before he took it. It shows he is not stable and can easily be carried to and fro by everywind of doctrine. We cant keep supporting nonsense even though its the best nonsense we ve seen in a long time.

All Pastor Okotie is saying is simple. Im sure if Nigeria had nuclear warheads, Jonathan may have launched a couple at the object of his anger only to say he is sorry later in the week. Its rubbish.
Re: Pastor Okotie Blasts Jonathan Over Soccer Ban Reversal by sessy2(f): 12:53pm On Jul 09, 2010
He should go and sit down jare. what makes him different from them.?
Re: Pastor Okotie Blasts Jonathan Over Soccer Ban Reversal by Akainzo(m): 2:35pm On Jul 09, 2010
sessy2:

He should go and sit down jare. what makes him different from them.?

And therefore he can say what he thinks or believe about 'them'. This time around, he amongst 'them' have said the correct thing.

BTW, what makes YOU different from them? Is this the reason why you support rash and unnecessary decisions?
Re: Pastor Okotie Blasts Jonathan Over Soccer Ban Reversal by UNLEASHED(m): 3:42pm On Jul 09, 2010
I suggests he should go to hell for all i care
Re: Pastor Okotie Blasts Jonathan Over Soccer Ban Reversal by CGKing(m): 6:34pm On Jul 09, 2010
Akainzo:

And therefore he can say what he thinks or believe about 'them'. This time around, he amongst 'them' have said the correct thing.

BTW, what makes YOU different from them? Is this the reason why you support rash and unnecessary decisions?

Thats naija for u, They'd swallow bullshit to distance themselves from the enemy.
Re: Pastor Okotie Blasts Jonathan Over Soccer Ban Reversal by 080Nigeria(m): 11:01am On Jul 10, 2010
I feel really bad that Jonathan changed his mind. He should have banned those chickens for 10 years tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Pastor Okotie Blasts Jonathan Over Soccer Ban Reversal by BILLIONs1: 3:48am On Jul 11, 2010
All y'all that are complaining that GJ shd not have reversed his decision would be the same peolple blaming him if you dont see Nigeria in next world cup and subsequent competitions. It does'nt take anything for him to have kept the Ban in place, but I'm sue the wider implications were considered. All said the Super Eagles DESRVE the Ban. It was just in the best interest of the wider populace.

As for Chris Okotie, he would have to do better than that, scoring cheap points with football. He may have to go and join PDP.
Re: Pastor Okotie Blasts Jonathan Over Soccer Ban Reversal by gbagudara: 10:32am On Jul 12, 2010
I believe we should tread softly here. First and foremost, I detest politics. Politicians have a universal language called LIE. Every single living politician must learn to speak this language to survive or they sign their own political death warant. Where does that leave a christian? Our people have a saying that goes like this-if a sheep hangs around a dog long enough, it would learn to eat human feces. You cannot play near water and not get wet. There are definitely some areas that men of God should stay completely out of, one of them is politics. Jesus set the best example when he refused to be made a king. You cannot play in the devil's backyard and not get burned. Beware of any man of God that wants to be president. Something is not right. They don't seem to understand Jesus very well. Okotie must listen to his master Jesus. Stay out of politics, it is full of mudslinging and terrible sins. It is just a matter of time. You will soon be corrupted. You will lose your salvation before you know it. To me, its like someone that deliberately jumped from frying pan into the fire with his "eyes wide shut." Politics and religion(Christianity) don't mix. Its like oil and water. Remember the Bible said "a little leaven, " As for Jonathan, he is a fine man just learning the ropes. Changing his mind on such matters should not call for his head. It tells me he is not rigid. That does not mean he is daft or stupid. He may be a little hasty in making decisions, but that does not mean he is not of sound mind. Okotie is just playing ambush politics. Remember, a dictator is not your best kind of ruler. Family values eventually becomes national values. I have a feeling Jonathan did not come from an authoritarian family where parents rule with an iron fist. It is likened to a scenario where your father promised to give you a sound beating but later changed his mind and pardoned you at the intervention of someone influential. Kids will be kids, and that goes for the eagles too. But flexibility should not always be considered weakness. Jonathan could have put his feet down and damn the consequences, but what kind of president are we looking at. Americans thought it wise to back Bush for sounding tough regarding Iraq. It blew up in their face. Now, Obama is trying to clean up all that mess. Being tough doesn't mean you are reasonable. You can always recant and go back on your words if it would make things better. That is the tenet of a strong man. It may be unwise to bulldoze your way through to save face, or just for people to think that you are tough when actually you are not. This is satanic. Father God himself felt sorry for us and sent His own son to come to our rescue. What if He had been rigid like many people want Jonathan to be? Remember, it was this same Jonathan that fired all Yar'adua's cabinet without flinching or batting an eyelid while he was still acting as president. Don't let us act or think like the Roman publicans who are easily swayed by every single wave that passes by.
Re: Pastor Okotie Blasts Jonathan Over Soccer Ban Reversal by sessy2(f): 12:47pm On Jul 12, 2010
[/quote][quote author=Akainzo link=topic=475339.msg6357256#msg6357256 date=1278682551]

Whatever!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Imo Continues To Lead In Jamb Applications / History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu / Massive Rigging (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.