Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

What Will You Miss If You Leave Nigeria? - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Will You Miss If You Leave Nigeria? (20667 Views)

JAPA: 10 Groups Of People Who Should Leave Nigeria Immediately / Lady About To Leave Nigeria Becomes Insane At Lagos Airport (Pix, Video) / Just Before You Leave Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Will You Miss If You Leave Nigeria? by czarina(f): 11:42am On Sep 27, 2018
Willexmania:

Fight ko... anthony joshua
cheesy Typographical error! See ya head

1 Like

Re: What Will You Miss If You Leave Nigeria? by cartermatic(m): 11:43am On Sep 27, 2018
Emycord:
its called sacarsm
Sarcasm?? Are you sure? That statement is ironical. He wasn't being sarcastic
Re: What Will You Miss If You Leave Nigeria? by BuildingGuy: 11:59am On Sep 27, 2018
The common Nigerian attitude
Re: What Will You Miss If You Leave Nigeria? by Kentrasso(f): 12:11pm On Sep 27, 2018
Funny enough being outside Nigeria is not as homely as when you’re among your own people. The cultural differences, family intrusions, pokenosey attitude of Nigerians generally make me feel more at home than outside. Besides, in the abroad, you can’t be a local champion, almost everyone is good at what they do and even better sef. But here people have worse problems so you can feel good about your inabilities.
Re: What Will You Miss If You Leave Nigeria? by DonroxyII: 12:13pm On Sep 27, 2018
I will miss the shortcut to success here .... Just be a friend to a politician and you are a big game !!

Abroad, you gatz hustle to make it but your hustle will really be compensated if you are hardworking !
Re: What Will You Miss If You Leave Nigeria? by Timothyoj(m): 12:29pm On Sep 27, 2018
SeniorZato:
I will miss my flight back to Nigeria

Loooooooooool........ grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Will You Miss If You Leave Nigeria? by BuildingGuy: 12:29pm On Sep 27, 2018
Not really my friend. Your point (shortcut to success per say) applies in every clime. For e.g the son of Donald Trump as a billionaire is naturally a big game (permit me to borrow your word), just as the friend of Donald Trump as a politician today would be a big game. Basically, the people you have around you or you have as friends determine to an extent how you think, act, and take decision
DonroxyII:
I will miss the shortcut to success here .... Just be a friend to a politician and you are a big game !!

Abroad, you gatz hustle to make it but your hustle will really be compensated if you are hardworking !
Re: What Will You Miss If You Leave Nigeria? by Biglittlelois(f): 12:36pm On Sep 27, 2018
drakeli:
How can you miss garri. Na US we dey. Garri full here. Just walk into any African store near you. As I dey talk to you, garri dey my kitchen. Powdered pounded yam dey my kitchen. I eat pounded yam anytime I feel like with no pounding necessary. I bet you you will get tired of American food if that’s what you eat for a whole week. African food will start to dey hungry you again. If I don’t eat African food in a whole week, I don’t feel okay. Everything you eat in Nigeria is here and even more affordable than it is in Nigeria. Just walk into any African store near you. But the truth is I don’t miss anything.

Wow, good to know, thanks.
Re: What Will You Miss If You Leave Nigeria? by ifymadu: 12:47pm On Sep 27, 2018
Simbrixton:
guess you are out now
Yes bro, lol
Re: What Will You Miss If You Leave Nigeria? by DonroxyII: 1:03pm On Sep 27, 2018
BuildingGuy:
Not really my friend. Your point (shortcut to success per say) applies in every clime. For e.g the son of Donald Trump as a billionaire is naturally a big game (permit me to borrow your word), just as the friend of Donald Trump as a politician today would be a big game. Basically, the people you have around you or you have as friends determine to an extent how you think, act, and take decision
Oga Ade, dem say What will I miss if I leave Nigeria

You cut corner anyhow in obodo oyinbo .... like that u go jail and all your know associates will dissociate from you now and till future ....

Haba, You don't expect me to go Obodo Oyinbo and suddenly become fwend with their governor, SA, PA or Presidency...... Abi, Na like that person go become fwend with Obama or Donald or Clinton's abi Queen Elizabeth or Theresa May ........
You really gatz to get huge game on your sleeves before you roll with such folks to talk of being an African Man ...... You gatz to be real, solid and straight and that will take considerable HARDWORKING not corner cutting ......

2 Likes

Re: What Will You Miss If You Leave Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Sep 27, 2018
93Miles:
sorry, I've forgotten that I'm a goat

Wow
Re: What Will You Miss If You Leave Nigeria? by 9JAFULLBREED(m): 5:34pm On Sep 27, 2018
Ormorlehwah:
Garri ijebu, ikokore, amala, gbegiri atewedu.

All wetin you list they UK cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Will You Miss If You Leave Nigeria? by ayo2pec(m): 6:05pm On Sep 27, 2018
I will miss suffering citizens
Re: What Will You Miss If You Leave Nigeria? by Benekruku(m): 6:08pm On Sep 27, 2018
corruption

You can buy your way through anywhere
Re: What Will You Miss If You Leave Nigeria? by Aaronsrod: 6:28pm On Sep 27, 2018
MzDeeb:

He is actually saying the truth.

Life is much more easier in abroad.

Constant light, good roads, good homes, peaceful lifestyle, extremely cheap foods n clothes.

Pple mind their business a lot too.

In Nigeria pple with physical challenges can't walk freely cos we tend not to mind our business, pple make jest of them, but here you see the disables everywhere without anyone making jest of them or being cruel to them.

To say the truth, living abroad is better. Except person wey wan suffer all through their lives

All correct, but sadly we are deeply addicted to drama, emotional stress, noise, church business, gossip people business and wahala.

This is oxygen to us.

No country that is functional and law-abiding can ever give us what we need deep down.

Be it ever so crazy, there is no place like home, I say.
Re: What Will You Miss If You Leave Nigeria? by yemiosinbajo: 6:51pm On Sep 27, 2018
MzDeeb:
As a Nigerian who stays abroad. I miss the following ;

Our weather.. Chai the cold here is not smiling, the way the wind attacks one ehn, e go be like say ur village pple send dem

I miss being able to buy foodstuffs around. Eg Mama put.

I miss being able to stop over at a friend's place, playing loud music and all

I miss the drama that comes with living in lagos. The conductors, okrika guys, molue fights etc.

But I'm thankful for being here though. No stress.

@emboldened really? Why are you unable to stop by at a friend's place?
Re: What Will You Miss If You Leave Nigeria? by yemiosinbajo: 7:01pm On Sep 27, 2018
MzDeeb:

He is actually saying the truth.

Life is much more easier in abroad.

Constant light, good roads, good homes, peaceful lifestyle, extremely cheap foods n clothes.

Pple mind their business a lot too.

In Nigeria pple with physical challenges can't walk freely cos we tend not to mind our business, pple make jest of them, but here you see the disables everywhere without anyone making jest of them or being cruel to them.

To say the truth, living abroad is better. Except person wey wan suffer all through their lives

Are you saying that people make jest of those with disabilities in Nigeria? Maybe it depends on the nature of the disability; for example, reaction to a stammerer is different from reaction to a crippled. However, in general, people in Nigeria are more sympathetic towards the disabled than people in the West. In the West, everyone, irrespective of disability is expected to be independent, but in Nigeria, the reverse is the case. Therefore, people show more sympathy and empathy towards the disabled in Nigeria than in the West. When you say they cannot mind their business when they come across the disabled in Nigeria, it is just their sympathetic nature.

2 Likes

Re: What Will You Miss If You Leave Nigeria? by MzDeeb(f): 8:15pm On Sep 27, 2018
yemiosinbajo:

@emboldened really? Why are you unable to stop by at a friend's place?

Lol.. because everything here is done orderly. You have to put a call across to someone that you are coming.

Unlike in Nigeria where you can just stop over at a friend's place just because you passed their street or something.
Re: What Will You Miss If You Leave Nigeria? by MzDeeb(f): 8:20pm On Sep 27, 2018
yemiosinbajo:

Are you saying that people make jest of those with disabilities in Nigeria? Maybe it depends on the nature of the disability; for example, reaction to a stammerer is different from reaction to a crippled. However, in general, people in Nigeria are more sympathetic towards the disabled than people in the West. In the West, everyone, irrespective of disability is expected to be independent, but in Nigeria, the reverse is the case. Therefore, people show more sympathy and empathy towards the disabled in Nigeria than in the West. When you say they cannot mind their business when they come across the disabled in Nigeria, it is just their sympathetic nature.

Nah. I disagree. Pple make jest of pple with physical challenge or disabilities in Nigeria. It has now become the order of the day, i guess that's why you don't notice it.

Just so you know, jesting might not necessarily being verbal communication. Non verbal communication is the most common. Eg you see someone with a skin disease, or a weird shape of head.. You pass by and everyone is either staring at you or laughing. Its embarrassing to them.

You switch on your tv and some comedians are there joking about your predicaments.

But here, such is not the case. Though it might exist but it isn't common
Re: What Will You Miss If You Leave Nigeria? by Ugosample(m): 9:17pm On Sep 27, 2018
Kentrasso:
Funny enough being outside Nigeria is not as homely as when you’re among your own people. The cultural differences, family intrusions, pokenosey attitude of Nigerians generally make me feel more at home than outside. Besides, in the abroad, you can’t be a local champion, almost everyone is good at what they do and even better sef. But here people have worse problems so you can feel good about your inabilities.

interesting perspective.

The only thing I miss about Nigeria is my family and good friends I made over the decades

As for every other thing, I don't miss at all.

Too much madness in one country
Re: What Will You Miss If You Leave Nigeria? by Ugosample(m): 9:21pm On Sep 27, 2018
Glink2018:
Ha! It's finish.

The futures of the country are looking for a way to escape away from the country.

This calls for sober mood.

the country has no future

that is just the truth
Re: What Will You Miss If You Leave Nigeria? by Ugosample(m): 9:24pm On Sep 27, 2018
olujastro:
I miss the everyday drama in Lagos, like conductor and passenger dragging for change. cheesy
Europe is too boring and orderly. They no like fight or argument at all. Everybody too dey behave well smiley. Mind your business lifestyle whether on a bus, train or even at home. Europe is a natural environment for depression grin
And of course, I miss naija food. Pizza life no be am at all

you are so used to chaos that you now see normal as the abnormal undecided

That's the Nigerian society for you

I like the orderliness and the "mind your business life" more than anything
Re: What Will You Miss If You Leave Nigeria? by Ugosample(m): 9:27pm On Sep 27, 2018
Jrevelation:
LOL Funny question

how can you miss Nigeria

tell me if not parent

nepa , bad road , mad people , stingy people, crazy human, ritualist , you know am tired of this ritualist of a thing and it seem every nigeria is involved in it , dont trust anyone mind how you eat out there ...... Dont trust any RCCG memeber they pretend a lot

At least we should miss family
Re: What Will You Miss If You Leave Nigeria? by Ugosample(m): 9:28pm On Sep 27, 2018
BillgatesMaigad:
It depends on the country, not every destination in the globe is favorable. As a young guy endevour to make the bread here, enjoy your life on vacation in five star hotels in Dubai, Los Angeles etc

Ask
Emoney
AY
Dbanj....

hmmmm

That could work

But making bread abroad and living abroad with your family is much better imho
Re: What Will You Miss If You Leave Nigeria? by Ugosample(m): 9:29pm On Sep 27, 2018
JeffreyJames:
See all of them nacking teeth like say no be all of una follow make the country bad.

you and who spoilt which country? ,??

speak for yourself only
Re: What Will You Miss If You Leave Nigeria? by JeffreyJames(m): 10:19pm On Sep 27, 2018
Ugosample:

you and who spoilt which country? ,??

speak for yourself only

Oh please shush!!

1 Like

Re: What Will You Miss If You Leave Nigeria? by BillgatesMaigad(m): 12:54am On Sep 28, 2018
Ugosample:

hmmmm

That could work

But making bread abroad and living abroad with your family is much better imho
fear of racial abuse in another man's country informed my conclusion.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Miss If You Leave Nigeria? by NaijainCanada: 4:06am On Sep 28, 2018
In Cana now, and honestly what do I miss... Family, friends, only if I could just with a blink move all my peeps here, Mallam kiosks that just pop up in all these places and ease of access to get those small items.
Go check out my wordpress blog on my cana experience - thriveonyourjourney

And you can easily find alternatives to all these things you miss, except your peeps!
Re: What Will You Miss If You Leave Nigeria? by Ugosample(m): 10:08am On Sep 28, 2018
JeffreyJames:

Oh please shush!!

undecided
Re: What Will You Miss If You Leave Nigeria? by akosh005: 11:24am On Sep 28, 2018
Inconclusive
Re: What Will You Miss If You Leave Nigeria? by drkay(m): 2:44pm On Oct 05, 2018
I miss my family and our food.
Re: What Will You Miss If You Leave Nigeria? by NewDelhi(m): 5:08am On Dec 21, 2021
olujastro:
I miss the everyday drama in Lagos, like conductor and passenger dragging for change. cheesy
Europe is too boring and orderly. They no like fight or argument at all. Everybody too dey behave well smiley. Mind your business lifestyle whether on a bus, train or even at home. Europe is a natural environment for depression grin
And of course, I miss naija food. Pizza life no be am at all
There's a saying that you don't know the value of what you have until you lose it. I just miss Lagos, the chaos, drama, nightlife, crazy people and liveliness.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Doctors Moving To Canada - Let's Meet Here! / Has Anyone Benefited From The 50% Discount On Transportation / One Dies And 14 Others Injured In Multiple Car Crash In Onitsha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.