Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,302 members, 7,815,546 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

Make Millions Investing In Rice Cultivation - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Make Millions Investing In Rice Cultivation (959 Views)

Imota Rice Mill: Lagos To Train And Empower Farmers In Rice Production / Guinea Seeks Nigeria’s Support In Rice Production / Lagos To Acquire 32,000-hectare Farmland For Rice Cultivation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Make Millions Investing In Rice Cultivation by idieagle: 6:05pm On Sep 25, 2018
I have been in agriculture for the past decade dabbling into both animal rearing and crop production and thanks to God I have been able to gain quite a lot of experience in both field.
But mostly, I have practiced only on small scale due to financial constraints.
I have discovered that a lot of cash can be made from agriculture when one plants the right crops.
One of such crop is rice production
This is one of the crops which to me is second only to petroleum in term of personal income generation.

Nigeria is the largest producer of rice in Africa and at the same time the largest consumer of rice not only on the African continent, but in the world at large.
As at 2017 we consume 7 million metric tone of rice and produced only 2.7 million metric tone, leaving a deficit of about 4.3 mill metric tone.
This I believe will give you a picture of why I said rice production is only second to petroleum in term of income generation for an investor. This fact is even magnified by the barn, place on importation of rice by the federal government, ,because of the huge capital moving out of Nigeria as a result of rice importation. Before the ban on importation of rice Nigeria spend about $2 billion on it's importation annually.
With rice, you don't look for market, the market is always there, in fact rice is one of the crop you won't have to keep for long, even right there in the farm buyers are waiting for you to harvest and pay you cash.
Another thing is the high return on investment which maybe more than a 100%.
Let's look at the return on investing on a 100 hectare of rice farm for example.
Though it is possible to get more than a 100 sack per ha if best agricultural practices are adhered to, I put expected yield at 70 bags per ha. This gives 7000 bags for the whole 100 ha. Each bag goes for between #10000 to #9000 at the local market.
Selling at #9000 per bag gives a profit of 7000 × 9000= 63,000,000
It is possible to cultivate twice a year and the faro variety I intend to grow takes less than 4 months to cultivate. From sowing to cultivation.
Considering the fact that one can cultivate twice in a year this give a total of #123mill return on investment per annum.
And this is in the case one is selling as a paddy rice ie unprocessed rice but in a situation one decide to process before selling one can almost double this amount. This is what I know from experience not hear say.
This can be achieve with an initial investment of less than #40mill.
I have access to about 100 hectare of fadama land suitable for rice cultivation especially dry season farming
Re: Make Millions Investing In Rice Cultivation by idieagle: 8:40pm On Sep 25, 2018
If interested hook me up idieagle011@gmail
Whatapp 09020565690
Calls 08036126315
Re: Make Millions Investing In Rice Cultivation by obi1000(m): 9:47am On Dec 21, 2020
If you need supply of local paddy rice contact me on WhatsApp 08140076142, we source the rice directly from local farmers directly in Niger state.
Contact me on WhatsApp 08140076142.

(1) (Reply)

Different Types Of Rice Millling Machine / Any Good Or Bad Experience About Cascada Chicks/ Royal Chicks??? Please Help!!! / Upto 500 Hectares Of Land For Cassava Farming In Benue.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.