Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,712 members, 7,809,700 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:30 PM

Toyosi Ogunseye Elected Vice-president Of World Editors Forum - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Toyosi Ogunseye Elected Vice-president Of World Editors Forum (15551 Views)

David Hundeyin: How Toyosi Ogunseye Sexually Harasses Men, Sabotages Careers / Mustafa Balarabe Shehu Elected President Of WFEO / Olumide Akpata Biography: 9 Things To Know About The Newly Elected NBA President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyosi Ogunseye Elected Vice-president Of World Editors Forum by OlawaleSmarter0(m): 4:28pm On Jun 03, 2019
A Nigerian journalist, Toyosi Ogunseye, has become the vice president of World Editors Forum (WEF).

Ogunseye who heads the BBC West Africa, was elected on Saturday at the annual meeting of WEF held in Scotland.

She is to deputise Warren Fernandez, editor of the Straits Times and editor-in-chief of Singapore Press Holdings’ English, Malay and Tamil Media Group, for the next two years.

Expressing her pleasure to serve in the capacity in a tweet, she wrote: “This morning, the @WorldEditors board voted Warren Fernandez @theSTeditor as President and me as Vice President. Warren and I are pleased to serve and humbled to lead the World Editors Forum. #WINSummit19 #WNMC19”

Meanwhile, the outgoing WEF president, Dave Callaway, who spoke shortly after their emergence, said: “Warren and Toyosi’s elections ensure WEF is in good hands as we encounter the challenges of the next two years. With media freedom under attack from all sides, a diverse, experienced leadership is what we need to help bring our industry together and take it forward.”

A Mandela Washington fellow, Ogunseye is one of the most revered journalists in Africa; with an outstanding career at The PUNCH, where she had risen to the position of the first female editor since the organisation was founded about five decades ago.

In her career as a journalist for about 15 years, she has won more 30 awards. Some of these are the Diamond Awards for Media Excellence (DAME); CNN MultiChoice African Journalist of the Year Awards (2011 and 2013); Knight International Journalism Award; and the Nigerian Academy of Science Journalist of the Year.

WEF is the leading network for print and digital editors of newspapers and news organisations around the world.

This is the first time that its leadership would be from Asia and Africa since it was established about two decades ago.

https://thetransverse.com/2019/06/02/nigerias-toyosi-ogunseye-becomes-vice-president-of-world-editors-forum/

35 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Toyosi Ogunseye Elected Vice-president Of World Editors Forum by Penywise(m): 6:53pm On Jun 03, 2019
This is the kind of news we want to be hearing in this country.

We are tired of the young actress and her billionaire husband!

PS: Nothing special about FTC.

81 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Toyosi Ogunseye Elected Vice-president Of World Editors Forum by bigfish3k: 6:53pm On Jun 03, 2019
yoruba amaka

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Toyosi Ogunseye Elected Vice-president Of World Editors Forum by sogodihno: 6:53pm On Jun 03, 2019
I know it can only be a Yoruba.

Omoluabi ni mi

70 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Toyosi Ogunseye Elected Vice-president Of World Editors Forum by freemanbubble: 6:53pm On Jun 03, 2019
Okay
Re: Toyosi Ogunseye Elected Vice-president Of World Editors Forum by EdenH: 6:53pm On Jun 03, 2019
ok, next pls
Re: Toyosi Ogunseye Elected Vice-president Of World Editors Forum by AllenSpencer: 6:54pm On Jun 03, 2019
Beauty with brains

OP, please take the picture off before Ned Nwoko or Ubi Franklin go after her.

25 Likes

Re: Toyosi Ogunseye Elected Vice-president Of World Editors Forum by Jac007(m): 6:54pm On Jun 03, 2019
Yoru lipsrsealed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toyosi Ogunseye Elected Vice-president Of World Editors Forum by zeromeridian: 6:54pm On Jun 03, 2019
Every insignificant news now makes front page.
I don't know what NL is turning into
Re: Toyosi Ogunseye Elected Vice-president Of World Editors Forum by Brunel(m): 6:54pm On Jun 03, 2019
Journalists, painters, artists, singers, writers and poets always amaze me. Their works outlive them.....no be this engineering work wey if you die on top, the chopper coming to take your corpse is bringing your replacement and that's the end of Solomon Gandy!

My friend, Tijani will hit and surpass these heights.....
Kudos ma

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toyosi Ogunseye Elected Vice-president Of World Editors Forum by Smalliegirl: 6:54pm On Jun 03, 2019
Amazing feat...well done to her...She must be so proud of herself..

1 Like

Re: Toyosi Ogunseye Elected Vice-president Of World Editors Forum by miicun(m): 6:54pm On Jun 03, 2019
ur head dey der.
Re: Toyosi Ogunseye Elected Vice-president Of World Editors Forum by littlewonders: 6:54pm On Jun 03, 2019
I now see who to marry.

4 Likes

Re: Toyosi Ogunseye Elected Vice-president Of World Editors Forum by kaen1317: 6:54pm On Jun 03, 2019
Am a Igbo but must join my fellow Afonja brothers to celebrate. It really isn't easy. I pray for brotherly love between all the ethnic groups in Nigeria so we can move this country forward.

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Toyosi Ogunseye Elected Vice-president Of World Editors Forum by Aderewah: 6:54pm On Jun 03, 2019
Congrats
Re: Toyosi Ogunseye Elected Vice-president Of World Editors Forum by Houseofglam7(f): 6:55pm On Jun 03, 2019
Good for her
Re: Toyosi Ogunseye Elected Vice-president Of World Editors Forum by Lamasta(m): 6:55pm On Jun 03, 2019
Beauty and brain congratulations to my sister she has made me proud cool

3 Likes

Re: Toyosi Ogunseye Elected Vice-president Of World Editors Forum by kaen1317: 6:55pm On Jun 03, 2019
Yoruba amaka

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toyosi Ogunseye Elected Vice-president Of World Editors Forum by rusher14: 6:56pm On Jun 03, 2019
No longer considered Lagos-Ibadan expressway.

They struggled now global.

grin

2 Likes

Re: Toyosi Ogunseye Elected Vice-president Of World Editors Forum by Timmypromise(m): 6:56pm On Jun 03, 2019
kaen1317:
Am a Igbo but must join my fellow Afonja brothers to celebrate. It really isn't easy. I pray for brotherly love between all the ethnic groups in Nigeria so we can move this country forward.

Nice

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toyosi Ogunseye Elected Vice-president Of World Editors Forum by Unlimitk(m): 6:56pm On Jun 03, 2019
Omoluabi
We going worldwide

4 Likes

Re: Toyosi Ogunseye Elected Vice-president Of World Editors Forum by ainas247: 6:56pm On Jun 03, 2019
wink Beauty with Brain

1 Like

Re: Toyosi Ogunseye Elected Vice-president Of World Editors Forum by YungMillionaire: 6:56pm On Jun 03, 2019
YorubaAmaka. Gbayi! If only Yoruba and Igbos can get along, imagine how much good it will do Nigeria. We the Southern minority tribes are looking up to these two giants but they are busy attacking each other all over social media. To whom much is given, much is expected.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toyosi Ogunseye Elected Vice-president Of World Editors Forum by obembet(f): 6:57pm On Jun 03, 2019
EdenH:
ok, next pls

She's your age mate

2 Likes

Re: Toyosi Ogunseye Elected Vice-president Of World Editors Forum by micgray100(m): 6:57pm On Jun 03, 2019
This nation is bless with talented people. . Nigeria is a great country..

It is well.. My signature trend talks about company registration.. Done more than 200 jobs for our fellow nairalanders.
Re: Toyosi Ogunseye Elected Vice-president Of World Editors Forum by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jun 03, 2019

2 Likes

Re: Toyosi Ogunseye Elected Vice-president Of World Editors Forum by legba1(m): 6:58pm On Jun 03, 2019
she had always been a shinning light since back in the newsroom of the punch......seing her work tirelessly like a jackal back then plus rising through the ranks i know you will go farrrr.....shine on our darling TOYO baby.....the real and true slay queen

4 Likes

Re: Toyosi Ogunseye Elected Vice-president Of World Editors Forum by YenYo: 6:58pm On Jun 03, 2019
Intelligent ladies turn me on.

Kudos to.her.

I love intelligent Yoruba girls.

Yoruba amaka.

9 Likes

Re: Toyosi Ogunseye Elected Vice-president Of World Editors Forum by YungMillionaire: 7:00pm On Jun 03, 2019
YenYo:
Intelligent ladies turn me on.
Kudos to.her.
I love intelligent Yoruba girls.
Yoruba amaka.

Its okay. But go and look for another one. This one is ALREADY spoken for. Don't ask me how I know. Just accept it.
Re: Toyosi Ogunseye Elected Vice-president Of World Editors Forum by Bossjakande: 7:00pm On Jun 03, 2019
Yoruba is life Yoruba is a way of life. am proud to b yoruba

12 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Certificates Are Just Papers: Really? / Things You Must Know To Be An Outstanding Leader / Should I Major In Petroleum Engineering Or Chemical Engineering?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.