Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,888 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

Sultan, Dangote, Governors To Raise N1.5 Billion For Islamic Centre In Ibadan - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sultan, Dangote, Governors To Raise N1.5 Billion For Islamic Centre In Ibadan (16444 Views)

Sokoto To Buy Motorcycles Worth N155m For Islamic Preachers / Muslim Groups Demand Holiday For Islamic New Year / Three Northern APC Governors To Defect To PDP (Names) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sultan, Dangote, Governors To Raise N1.5 Billion For Islamic Centre In Ibadan by Owned: 12:08pm On Sep 26, 2018
Zombies

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sultan, Dangote, Governors To Raise N1.5 Billion For Islamic Centre In Ibadan by mdokaba1(m): 12:12pm On Sep 26, 2018
Re: Sultan, Dangote, Governors To Raise N1.5 Billion For Islamic Centre In Ibadan by OhiOfIhima: 12:19pm On Sep 26, 2018
baliyubla:
1.5 billion freaking Naira! Not for Social Amenities, but just silly stuff. Obvious where the priorities of these people lie.

Tell us Oga how do you define ur social amenities.
Re: Sultan, Dangote, Governors To Raise N1.5 Billion For Islamic Centre In Ibadan by santricedupas(m): 12:19pm On Sep 26, 2018
biomustry:

They won't say that wen it's pastors building 100k seater for church service o. These ppl r jus Full of hypocrisy and hatred

you are right, if pastors build university now they will shout that it's too eexpensivee, won't the school pay professors, conduct research, do school maintenance, etc.

what is the economic importance of the islamic centre in ibadan, ibadan people that don't have any meaningful job, only taxi driver nissan micra, women are either selling garri and pepper at bodija market or oja oba or dugbe.

1 Like

Re: Sultan, Dangote, Governors To Raise N1.5 Billion For Islamic Centre In Ibadan by almarthins(m): 12:22pm On Sep 26, 2018
FriendNG:
Children of Hate will call it Islamization yet half of the Yorubas are Muslims.

Some will call it expansion of the sultanate.

Other haters will say why Islamic centre and not school/industry. Now I asked, is it your money or you have the right to tell them what to do with it?

All in all God bless Sultan, Dangote, Governors and others for helping the Islamic community with their hard earned money

Haters Ntoor

Is Islamic centre going give jobless youths jobs?

God himself is ashame of you. Sultan n his cohort are nt thinking of using 1b to create jobs that will enable this country beta.

Is that how united Arab emirate developed Dubai?
What has this islamic centres brought to the north? Backwardness

I think they are bring backwardness centre to Ibadan in the guise of islam. Lest We forget Ibadan is reputable for having brown roofs and now if they succeed in lunching the so called centre we may have another extension of boko haramic radicalization

2 Likes

Re: Sultan, Dangote, Governors To Raise N1.5 Billion For Islamic Centre In Ibadan by iceboy4752(m): 12:24pm On Sep 26, 2018
tiredoflife:

U will never hear till u drop dead
All the Christian places built
With billions
Even redeem camp u see is worth more than ur useless center
Besides which of the Muslims are united
The Sunnis abi the shites

Abeg stop saying trash
We know that Muslims are not united
Can u lead prayers if a northern is in ur mosque
Oga we both know u are regarded as unclean to the northerners

Redeem Camp may be costier than this but it may not redeem you. And you think I'm a Southerner? I'm a northerner from Yobe State, born in Jos, Plateau State. There is a mosque I know in Potiskum, Yobe state, in which the Imam is an Igbo man who converted to Islam since 1992. Islam is not a religion that extols tribalism; I've led prayers so many times in the south, and the congregation didn't give a damn about my origin.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sultan, Dangote, Governors To Raise N1.5 Billion For Islamic Centre In Ibadan by BolajiApata: 12:25pm On Sep 26, 2018
This is a welcome development. Masha Allahu

2 Likes

Re: Sultan, Dangote, Governors To Raise N1.5 Billion For Islamic Centre In Ibadan by Greenback: 12:33pm On Sep 26, 2018
BigSarah:
Very soon we'll have Afonja Almajiris grin

There are afonja almajiris in the west already.
They already have an emir

Lzaa immhotep

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sultan, Dangote, Governors To Raise N1.5 Billion For Islamic Centre In Ibadan by Nobody: 12:36pm On Sep 26, 2018
FriendNG:

Other haters will say why Islamic centre and not school/industry. Now I asked, is it your money or you have the right to tell them what to do with it?

All in all God bless Sultan, Dangote, Governors and others for helping the Islamic community with their hard earned money

Haters Ntoor

Who asked you? You are dancing to your own tune. You are running when no one is pursing you. What do you call that?

Guilty conscience is a funny thing.

1 Like

Re: Sultan, Dangote, Governors To Raise N1.5 Billion For Islamic Centre In Ibadan by aliyubaka: 12:38pm On Sep 26, 2018
THE MOST USELESS CENTRE EVER.

1 Like

Re: Sultan, Dangote, Governors To Raise N1.5 Billion For Islamic Centre In Ibadan by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 12:51pm On Sep 26, 2018
they are trying to outdo usman danfodio ... islamic caliphate and sharia law fully loading in yellowbar land, ntooor tongue

3 Likes

Re: Sultan, Dangote, Governors To Raise N1.5 Billion For Islamic Centre In Ibadan by olaeffect(m): 12:57pm On Sep 26, 2018
Apart from Dangote, funds from the governors will be direct government funds and no body will complain, but let a pastor use the offerings from his members to build a multimillion naira structure for the church, that is when all he'll will brake loose.
That is when the poor in the society will become visible. Hmmm.

1 Like

Re: Sultan, Dangote, Governors To Raise N1.5 Billion For Islamic Centre In Ibadan by tiredoflife(m): 1:16pm On Sep 26, 2018
iceboy4752:

Redeem Camp may be costier than this but it may not redeem you. And you think I'm a Southerner? I'm a northerner from Yobe State, born in Jos, Plateau State. There is a mosque I know in Potiskum, Yobe state, in which the Imam is an Igbo man who converted to Islam since 1992. Islam is not a religion that extols tribalism; I've led prayers so many times in the south, and the congregation didn't give a damn about my origin.

U didn't answer my question
Is Sunni and shia Muslim united

And ur Islamic center will redeem u since u think redeem can't
Oga there are fulanis who are Christians too so calling an Igbo Muslim who is an imam doesn't justify crap
You have lead prayers in the south
Are we not saying the same thing
Allow a southerner to lead prayer in the north if Islam doesn't do racism
And the Nigerian girls in Oman and Arab nations used as house helps or slaves
I guess Islam doesn't see anything wrong with that
Re: Sultan, Dangote, Governors To Raise N1.5 Billion For Islamic Centre In Ibadan by ifiokjohn(m): 1:28pm On Sep 26, 2018
FriendNG:

Haters Ntoor
but you will still have the mouth to cast pastors for building churches and not industries. hypocrite
Re: Sultan, Dangote, Governors To Raise N1.5 Billion For Islamic Centre In Ibadan by iceboy4752(m): 1:52pm On Sep 26, 2018
tiredoflife:

U didn't answer my question
Is Sunni and shia Muslim united

And ur Islamic center will redeem u since u think redeem can't
Oga there are fulanis who are Christians too so calling an Igbo Muslim who is an imam doesn't justify crap
You have lead prayers in the south
Are we not saying the same thing
Allow a southerner to lead prayer in the north if Islam doesn't do racism
And the Nigerian girls in Oman and Arab nations used as house helps or slaves
I guess Islam doesn't see anything wrong with that
It seems your moniker is right about you. Your comment depicts confusion, contradiction and ignorance of the Islamic Faith.
Did I say all Fulanis are Muslims? The cited example about the Igbo Imam, Emeka, now Muhammad is just to let you know that a southerner can lead prayers in the north. The said man is from Nsukka, Enugu State. He's not the only non-northerner I've seen leading prayers. These are things I've seen and not heard. You've never seen a southerner in the north being denied the chance to lead prayers. You only heard from specious sources.

1 Like

Re: Sultan, Dangote, Governors To Raise N1.5 Billion For Islamic Centre In Ibadan by Benekruku(m): 1:57pm On Sep 26, 2018
stanluiz:
Full time islamisation loading in oduduwa. grin

The Fulani jihardist want to expand their caliphate in the SW. What wil SW Christan say about this ?

Cc resurgent2019

You are hungry
Re: Sultan, Dangote, Governors To Raise N1.5 Billion For Islamic Centre In Ibadan by Bloooody(m): 2:02pm On Sep 26, 2018
China is currently the world's leading economic power, in China there is Zero Church!

Finland has the most stable economy in the world today. There are less than twenty churches in Finland!

Switzerland has the second most stable economy in the world.
Switzerland has fewer than thirty churches!

Denmark is the third most stable economy in the world, there are about 23 churches in Denmark.

These countries are considered to have the highest number of atheists, but they are blessed!

Come to Africa, there are more than 10,000 churches per region including 4,000 churches in the city of Yaoundé alone!

4100 churches in the only city of Abidjan!

7000 churches in the only city of Kinshasa!

10,000 churches in the only city of Kumasi and Accra in Ghana!
only, which is four hundred and thirty times more numerous than the whole of Switzerland!

In Africa, we have more churches than schools and hospitals combined!

More pastors than doctors.

Everyone is born again!

Everyone is covered with the blood of Jesus!

Jesus even became the husband of all single women (according to them) in revival churches!

Everyone is filled with the Holy Spirit!

However, none of these claims reflect the moral elevation that is hoped for in a society.

We are among the laziest, the most deceiving, the most corrupt, the most hypocritical, the most hateful on the planet today, with all our Jesus and the Holy Spirit!

Our people need to distinguish between religion and stupidity or between spirituality and tradition!

#Think about this✓

1 Like

Re: Sultan, Dangote, Governors To Raise N1.5 Billion For Islamic Centre In Ibadan by tiredoflife(m): 2:13pm On Sep 26, 2018
iceboy4752:

It seems your moniker is right about you. Your comment depicts confusion, contradiction and ignorance of the Islamic Faith.
Did I say all Fulanis are Muslims? The cited example about the Igbo Imam, Emeka, now Muhammad is just to let you know that a southerner can lead prayers in the north. The said man is from Nsukka, Enugu State. He's not the only non-northerner I've seen leading prayers. These are things I've seen and not heard. You've never seen a southerner in the north being denied the chance to lead prayers. You only heard from specious sources.

Oga answer my question
U claim Muslims are united
Is the Sunnis and shia Muslim united

Is it too hard to answer

1 Like

Re: Sultan, Dangote, Governors To Raise N1.5 Billion For Islamic Centre In Ibadan by Legendkid: 2:14pm On Sep 26, 2018
if it is church now, you will wise men springling forth from every nook, saying the money shoild be used for building Nigeria.
But surprisingly, see how the Muslims are rallying around, supporting this idea, even wh3n they knew it's truly a waste of national funds.

My children die for lack of knowledge - Hosea 4:6
Re: Sultan, Dangote, Governors To Raise N1.5 Billion For Islamic Centre In Ibadan by Nobody: 2:18pm On Sep 26, 2018
Optional09:
Backward monkeys

The rest of the world are building big cities, hospitals, schools, affordable seniors home. Africa is building mosque and churches. Their children are dying of cholera, isn’t something wrong with y’all

Even UAE, a Muslim country don't have the number of religious institutions as Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Sultan, Dangote, Governors To Raise N1.5 Billion For Islamic Centre In Ibadan by Turantula(m): 2:20pm On Sep 26, 2018
biomustry:

Where did you see that?
Ask Buhari
Re: Sultan, Dangote, Governors To Raise N1.5 Billion For Islamic Centre In Ibadan by badman007(m): 2:22pm On Sep 26, 2018
Priorities of the Giants of Africa...

Technology and Education keeps running backwards and you ask why?
Re: Sultan, Dangote, Governors To Raise N1.5 Billion For Islamic Centre In Ibadan by Optional09: 2:24pm On Sep 26, 2018
OkaNaUbe:

Even UAE, a Muslim country don't have the number of religious institutions as Nigeria.

You can imagine the Nortgerners who has successfully plunge their people into eternal poverty investing such amount of money on something as frivolous as that. You will agree with me that this guys don’t mean well for anybody.
Re: Sultan, Dangote, Governors To Raise N1.5 Billion For Islamic Centre In Ibadan by LZAA: 2:24pm On Sep 26, 2018
Greenback:

There are afonja almajiris in the west already.
They already have an emir

Lzaa immhotep
grin grin
Re: Sultan, Dangote, Governors To Raise N1.5 Billion For Islamic Centre In Ibadan by iceboy4752(m): 2:39pm On Sep 26, 2018
tiredoflife:

Oga answer my question
U claim Muslims are united
Is the Sunnis and shia Muslim united

Is it too hard to answer
No, and?
Re: Sultan, Dangote, Governors To Raise N1.5 Billion For Islamic Centre In Ibadan by Nobody: 2:39pm On Sep 26, 2018
The Muslims should not have bothered answering the people who are criticizing this project. Firstly, almost 98% of them are IBOs. Secondly, if such project is sited in the South East, yorubas either Christian or Muslim would not have said anything as we never bother ourselves with their activities. Our orientations & ideologies are quite different and can never be the same. That is why Governorship election in Anambra last year was never a national issue but regional. When they protested against Ghanaian & South African authorities driving away Nigerians, I said if Lagos were to be another country, the same treatment would have been given to Nigeria.

Thirdly, Ibadan has an historical Islamic presence because of the personality of late President of Yoruba Muslims Alhaji Alao Arisekola. Till date, Ibadan has a major presence in Dubai duly recognized by the Emir. Each year, during the Eid -El - Kabir festival, more than half of the gifts to strangers from the Emir go to Ibadan people in Dubai.

In the South, probably with the exception of Lagos, Ibadan has the highest number of northerners who are mostly Muslims. Those complaining are just doing so out of bitterness, enviousness & hatred for the hand of friendship between the North & South West through Islam. I am a Christian, I have no problem with Muslims projects.

2 Likes

Re: Sultan, Dangote, Governors To Raise N1.5 Billion For Islamic Centre In Ibadan by lummysolutions(m): 2:48pm On Sep 26, 2018
*NOTICE!!!*
Sallam Alaikum.
*Lummy Travels & Tours Ltd* is happy to inform all our Muslim brothers and sisters that the *UMAR VISA* processing for *1440 AH* has commenced. For anyone who is planning to go for umrah before November can register with us today, may Almighty Allah accept it as an ibadah. Ameen. Ma Sallam.
Call us on 09081701350, 07013030963 Thank you.
Re: Sultan, Dangote, Governors To Raise N1.5 Billion For Islamic Centre In Ibadan by orisa37: 2:54pm On Sep 26, 2018
Ooni of Ife, Dangote, Christian Clerics and same Governor of Oyo should build equivalent Christian Centre next to the Islamic Centre.
If we are all Nigerians and Christian/Islamist in Oyo State is 50:50 and haram or other forms of discrimination is not intended, Dangote is a neutral Nigerian, he should see reason in this suggestion.
Re: Sultan, Dangote, Governors To Raise N1.5 Billion For Islamic Centre In Ibadan by orisa37: 3:04pm On Sep 26, 2018
Christians will always do better. Let them come together, take this as competition and build better facilities for Oduduwa Heritage.
Re: Sultan, Dangote, Governors To Raise N1.5 Billion For Islamic Centre In Ibadan by Dpleaser: 3:13pm On Sep 26, 2018
orisa37:
Ooni of Ife, Dangote, Christian Clerics and same Governor of Oyo should build equivalent Christian Centre next to the Islamic Centre.
If we are all Nigerians and Christian/Islamist in Oyo State is 50:50 and haram or other forms of discrimination is not intended, Dangote is a neutral Nigerian, he should see reason in this suggestion.

u very funny, if Alhaji Dangote is a neutral Nigerian, what of Femi Otedola

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

‘Dickson Has Set Trap For Lyon, Bayelsa Governor-Elect’ - Group / 2023: Nnamdi Kanu's Release May Spoil Things - Adeyanju / Gunmen Invades Jonathan's Special Assistant's Home In Yenegoa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.