Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,204 members, 7,836,004 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

Qualcomm Drags Apple To Court, Accuses Apple Of Stealing. - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Qualcomm Drags Apple To Court, Accuses Apple Of Stealing. (11068 Views)

New Method Of Stealing Phones From A House Exposed (Video, Photos) / Apple To Launch 3 Cheaper, Mid-range Smartphones / See How Much It Cost Apple To Make The Iphone 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Qualcomm Drags Apple To Court, Accuses Apple Of Stealing. by correctBlogger(m): 9:00am On Sep 26, 2018
Apple always stealing from other people, since 1998...Who do you think is behind the recent Samsung Galaxy Note 9 fire incident... Apple of cause.. because they know that for as long the Note 9 is there with features that are more better than what their new glorified and overhyped iPhone Xs has, they are not going to sell even one single unit... Bleep Apple. Bleep iPhones.

3 Likes

Re: Qualcomm Drags Apple To Court, Accuses Apple Of Stealing. by Vacora(m): 9:03am On Sep 26, 2018
“Apple declined to comment on the new filing and referred the BBC to a statement issued in June last year.

Qualcomm supplies "us with a single connectivity component, but for years have been demanding a percentage of the total cost of our products - effectively taxing Apple's innovation", Apple said then.

"We believe deeply in the value of intellectual property but we shouldn't have to pay them for technology breakthroughs they have nothing to do with. We've always been willing to pay a fair rate for standard technology used in our products and since they've refused to negotiate reasonable terms we're asking the courts for help," Apple added.

Intel declined to comment” ~ (BBC News)

That’s other side of the argument. An article should be balanced and fair. Not suprised this is another Apple bashing post from you and it is becoming petty.
You are entitled to your own opinions but you are not entitled to create or fabricate your own facts.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Qualcomm Drags Apple To Court, Accuses Apple Of Stealing. by Jeromejnr(m): 9:05am On Sep 26, 2018
correctBlogger:
Apple always stealing from other people, since 1998...Who do you think is behind the recent Samsung Galaxy Note 9 fire incident... Apple of cause.. because they know that for as long the Note 9 is there with features that are more better than what their new glorified and overhyped iPhone Xs has, they are not going to sell even one single unit... Bleep Apple. Bleep iPhones.

You are enlightened Sir.

And because of dem not using Qualcomm and using intel antennas in their new phones, users are complaing of bad cell reception.
Re: Qualcomm Drags Apple To Court, Accuses Apple Of Stealing. by Vacora(m): 9:15am On Sep 26, 2018
correctBlogger:

Really? So Samsung was not liable for the recall of their Note 7s but it was Apple’s fault?
Re: Qualcomm Drags Apple To Court, Accuses Apple Of Stealing. by IbrahimDamola: 9:24am On Sep 26, 2018
How could qualcomm stoop so low to sign a pact to give greedy Apple access to confidential files on intellectual properties and trade secrets. They handed their company over to Apple when then they did that.

Now Apple have dumped them like nigerian politicians dump parties.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Qualcomm Drags Apple To Court, Accuses Apple Of Stealing. by IbrahimDamola: 9:26am On Sep 26, 2018
MrWondah:
Apple self, I don't think I like that fruit.
On a more serious note, I have come to realize that most of the companies that made it to the top areost times dishonest.

Just as in law, there is no morality in business especially where competition is stiff. Ask any businessman. You have to play pranks sometimes to get to the top.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Qualcomm Drags Apple To Court, Accuses Apple Of Stealing. by TechCapon(m): 9:26am On Sep 26, 2018
RealTrump:

It's still theft. Did they seek Qualcomm's permission before SHARING their research? This is not like Qualcomm published a research paper n Apple shared it, this is a patent shared or perhaps sold to a direct competitor. And I intentionally used the word SOLD cos Apple couldn't have handed out data to them out of mere good will.

Apple has now made their own chips based off on stolen Qualcomm data. Do you have any idea of research money n man hours that goes into those chips only to have some companies steal for a competitor or even produce their own? How would u feel as a Qualcomm researcher if u worked so had to make the fastest chip in the world only for some riffraffs to steal n start producing their own? And what u might not kNow is that some Qualcomm scientifist might have quit the company cos they can't protect the research they sweat on.
you're on point

1 Like

Re: Qualcomm Drags Apple To Court, Accuses Apple Of Stealing. by IbrahimDamola: 9:29am On Sep 26, 2018
SarcasticGenius:
As soon as Apple announced that it's next generation of Iphones will not run on Qualcomm's semi conductors, I knew something like this would happen.
And Apple is actually right. Qualcomm is abusing its dominant position in the market by pricing other chip makers out of business and forcing handset manufacturers to only buy from them.

....and I don't think that's illegal.

1 Like

Re: Qualcomm Drags Apple To Court, Accuses Apple Of Stealing. by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:36am On Sep 26, 2018
midastouch:
Your sensational topic is misleading.

Apple cannot be accused of stealing what was readily shared with them by Qualcomm.

The law suit is on the premise that Apple shared Qualcomm's intellectual property with Intel, NOT that they stole.

Please conduct more research before you rush in looking for likes and clicks.
No it is not, I share technical information with you is different from I hand over technical info to you , that information was shared based on the workability of the technology with that of apple and apple maliciously used it and dumped them.

1 Like

Re: Qualcomm Drags Apple To Court, Accuses Apple Of Stealing. by Fash20: 9:41am On Sep 26, 2018
MrWondah:
Apple self, I don't think I like that fruit.
On a more serious note, I have come to realize that most of the companies that made it to the top areost times dishonest.
Thats the fact about life in general bro.

1 Like

Re: Qualcomm Drags Apple To Court, Accuses Apple Of Stealing. by henryobinna(m): 9:54am On Sep 26, 2018
SarcasticGenius:
As soon as Apple announced that it's next generation of Iphones will not run on Qualcomm's semi conductors, I knew something like this would happen.
And Apple is actually right. Qualcomm is abusing its dominant position in the market by pricing other chip makers out of business and forcing handset manufacturers to only buy from them.
Seems you don't understand the topic or you don't know what pricing others out of business means, if Qualcomm was pricing others out of business I don't think Apple would complain, but the reverse is the case. Pricing others out of business means your stuffs are extremely cheap that competitors can't compete considering cost of production, but Apple is actually complaining that Qualcomm prices their chips too high; very expensive. Apple wants everything cheap while selling their pieces of crap at exorbitant prices.

By the way, Qualcomm is not pricing others out of business rather they're outperforming hence sending others out of business by their performance not price.

6 Likes

Re: Qualcomm Drags Apple To Court, Accuses Apple Of Stealing. by Nobody: 10:06am On Sep 26, 2018
Flattino:

Another mad man don lose shocked
LOL
Re: Qualcomm Drags Apple To Court, Accuses Apple Of Stealing. by ivolt: 10:23am On Sep 26, 2018
Omololu001:
what a foolish defence by apple,is apple not abusing is position by selling phone as high as $1500, well I'm sure they will lose this case and will have to pay billions of dollars as compensation to Qualcomm
Mr. Chief Justice, Apple can sell its phone as high as $100000 provided there are buyers. That is the beauty of
America's capitalism and one of its greatest strength.
Since you can get a phone of about $20, there is no need to fret about Apple.
Re: Qualcomm Drags Apple To Court, Accuses Apple Of Stealing. by drchuks1234(m): 10:23am On Sep 26, 2018
Let them fight am closely watching
Re: Qualcomm Drags Apple To Court, Accuses Apple Of Stealing. by Omololu001: 10:27am On Sep 26, 2018
ivolt:

Mr. Chief Justice, Apple can sell its phone as high as $100000 provided there are buyers. That is the beauty of
America's capitalism and one of its greatest strength.
Since you can get a phone of about $20, there is no need to fret about Apple.
Mr chief justice, then why is apple complaining about how much Qualcomm is selling is product? And I only said that cause if Apple defence. Learn to read and understand
Re: Qualcomm Drags Apple To Court, Accuses Apple Of Stealing. by Xisnin(m): 10:28am On Sep 26, 2018
RealTrump:

It's still theft. Did they seek Qualcomm's permission before SHARING their research? This is not like Qualcomm published a research paper n Apple shared it, this is a patent shared or perhaps sold to a direct competitor. And I intentionally used the word SOLD cos Apple couldn't have handed out data to them out of mere good will.

Apple has now made their own chips based off on stolen Qualcomm data. Do you have any idea of research money n man hours that goes into those chips only to have some companies steal for a competitor or even produce their own? How would u feel as a Qualcomm researcher if u worked so had to make the fastest chip in the world only for some riffraffs to steal n start producing their own? And what u might not kNow is that some Qualcomm scientifist might have quit the company cos they can't protect the research they sweat on.

How did Qualcomm come about its chip technology?
Conjured it from thin air?

Every technology out there is as a derivative plus enhancement of a previous "stolen" tech.
Qualcomm will never have shared data that will allow other companies to duplicate its core technology.
It is just angry that it can no longer dictate to Apple.

2 Likes

Re: Qualcomm Drags Apple To Court, Accuses Apple Of Stealing. by MrWondah(m): 10:34am On Sep 26, 2018
IbrahimDamola:

Just as in law, there is no morality in business especially where competition is stiff. Ask any businessman. You have to play pranks sometimes to get to the top.

Like what I did above? There where three people without meaningful comments, had to remove theirs to make mine number 1
Re: Qualcomm Drags Apple To Court, Accuses Apple Of Stealing. by IbrahimDamola: 10:48am On Sep 26, 2018
MrWondah:

Like what I did above? There where three people without meaningful comments, had to remove theirs to make mine number 1

Nice job sanitizing the thread. Thumbs up.

Re: Qualcomm Drags Apple To Court, Accuses Apple Of Stealing. by JamesTPhillips: 11:04am On Sep 26, 2018
cheesy
Re: Qualcomm Drags Apple To Court, Accuses Apple Of Stealing. by HyDef(m): 1:34pm On Sep 26, 2018
Patent disputes. They'll never end in the tech industry.

1 Like

Re: Qualcomm Drags Apple To Court, Accuses Apple Of Stealing. by RealTrump: 1:36pm On Sep 26, 2018
Xisnin:

How did Qualcomm come about its chip technology?
Conjured it from thin air?

Every technology out there is as a derivative plus enhancement of a previous "stolen" tech.
Qualcomm will never have shared data that will allow other companies to duplicate its core technology.
It is just angry that it can no longer dictate to Apple.

This is not a who invented what case, this is a case of sharing/selling trade secrets to a direct competitor to undermine Qualcomm. Apple already has a history of chips theft, n they once paid over 500M USD to settle a case regarding their A7 chip?

And yes. If I use a Microsoft computer to create a new program, that program 100% belongs to me. Saying it's not wholely mine cos the computer I used belongs to Bill Gates just laughable.

Let's clear one thing, Qualcomm's legal bill for this case could easily cross 20M USD. If they think they don't have a strong case, they r not stupid enough to drag Apple to court. Even Apple once coughed out 60M dols to defeat Samsung in court.

If chip set was so easy to make, why did Apple patronize them in the first instance? They could have met Samsung to supply them Tizen chips or go to China to supply them MKT chips. And yes, there will always be collaboration n knowledge transfer between Qualcomm n Apple scientists cos Apple usually have their own unique way of doing things n Qualcomm's mass market chip might not cut it for Apple.

And why won't Qualcomm bill them high for the chips? Afterall, Apple will say they don't want the chip to be named SNAPDRAGON 635 but they want it to be named A8 n fooling the public that they produced it inhouse. If u don't want my branding on a product, u will pay higher for it cos the branding is extra marketing for me. Apple might want their own chips slightly smaller or slightly faster so that they can beat Samsung in all the bench-mark test. But they didn't tell u all these n merely claimed Qualcomm's chips r too expensive.

I hope Apple come out fine after this. Qualcomm is the world leader in chip making n research, n if Apple's bionic chip refuse to accommodate latest trends towards 5G, IOT n all...OK o. Qualcomm spends their entire life developing chips, Apple on the other hand wants a bit of everything. And I guarantee you, Qualcomm will always make better chips than Apple.

2 Likes

Re: Qualcomm Drags Apple To Court, Accuses Apple Of Stealing. by SarcasticGenius(m): 1:46pm On Sep 26, 2018
henryobinna:
Seems you don't understand the topic or you don't know what pricing others out of business means, if Qualcomm was pricing others out of business I don't think Apple would complain, but the reverse is the case. Pricing others out of business means your stuffs are extremely cheap that competitors can't compete considering cost of production, but Apple is actually complaining that Qualcomm prices their chips too high; very expensive. Apple wants everything cheap while selling their pieces of crap at exorbitant prices.

By the way, Qualcomm is not pricing others out of business rather they're outperforming hence sending others out of business by their performance not price.

Next time think twice before sharing your lack of intellect with us, my dear houseboy. Just earlier this year, Qualcomm was hit with a 1.2 Billion dollar fine for pricing its rivals out of business. Understand that the internet has other uses apart from xvideo and online betting.

1 Like

Re: Qualcomm Drags Apple To Court, Accuses Apple Of Stealing. by blackmercyvelli(m): 2:24pm On Sep 26, 2018
Apple already sue by samsung ,blackberry and other brands like LG, GOOGLE, MICROSOFT
Re: Qualcomm Drags Apple To Court, Accuses Apple Of Stealing. by deebrownneymar: 2:46pm On Sep 26, 2018
No wonder Apple products are so expensive. Anyway they should still sue their asses because i hate that they over price their products.

1 Like

Re: Qualcomm Drags Apple To Court, Accuses Apple Of Stealing. by Tonimordred(m): 2:49pm On Sep 26, 2018
Abeg na wu read am finish make e yarn me
Re: Qualcomm Drags Apple To Court, Accuses Apple Of Stealing. by henryobinna(m): 3:48pm On Sep 26, 2018
SarcasticGenius:

Next time think twice before sharing your lack of intellect with us, my dear houseboy. Just earlier this year, Qualcomm was hit with a 1.2 Billion dollar fine for pricing its rivals out of business. Understand that the internet has other uses apart. from xvideo and online betting

What the actual fu...ck are you stupiiidly saying?

Are you even okay? did you read the article? My response to your dumb post was with respect to the original post on this thread. Still you have comprehension issues coupled with other issues which I would have dealt with here if I was your personal shrink.

Shift boy!
Re: Qualcomm Drags Apple To Court, Accuses Apple Of Stealing. by SarcasticGenius(m): 4:10pm On Sep 26, 2018
henryobinna:

What the actual fu...ck are you stupiiidly saying?

Are you even okay? did you read the article? My response to your dumb post was with respect to the original post on this thread. Still you have comprehension issues coupled with other issues which I would have dealt with here if I was your personal shrink.

Shift boy!

Nay my friend, YOU have comprehension issues. My initial response to the original post was that Qualcomm was rigging the market by unfair price tactics. You chose to respond to my post like the dimwit you are: with an ignorant quote. My follow up reply was simply meant to put you in your place at the bottom of the food chain where you belong. Consider yourself schooled and next time stay the f-ck away from anyone mentally superior to you (which means 99% of everyone else)

1 Like

Re: Qualcomm Drags Apple To Court, Accuses Apple Of Stealing. by henryobinna(m): 7:44pm On Sep 26, 2018
SarcasticGenius:

Nay my friend, YOU have comprehension issues. My initial response to the original post was that Qualcomm was rigging the market by unfair price tactics. You chose to respond to my post like the dimwit you are: with an ignorant quote. My follow up reply was simply meant to put you in your place at the bottom of the food chain where you belong. Consider yourself schooled and next time stay the f-ck away from anyone mentally superior to you (which means 99% of everyone else)
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I made a mistake replying a low life really, it's been a long while.

Go read the article in the OP again, maybe your life might get a little better.
Re: Qualcomm Drags Apple To Court, Accuses Apple Of Stealing. by Thurgger(m): 7:42pm On Sep 28, 2018
wink

2 Likes

Re: Qualcomm Drags Apple To Court, Accuses Apple Of Stealing. by RealTrump: 6:46am On Sep 29, 2018
Thurgger:
apple can never win this case. I'm a tech analyst and I know what am saying. without Qualcomm no phone will ever be able to browse the internet, they own the technology and everyone knows that. apple just want to maximise their profit.

Exactly bro, that's even the bigger problem I see. Apple will need to keep beating or at least matching Qualcomm in chip research, n I don't just see how that's even possible.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Error Reload Software:552 On Blackberry Curve 8520. Pls Help! / Glo Launch Free Facebook Browsing Exclusive On All Device. / Top Guide You Need When Buying A Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.