Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,379 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:30 AM

My Best Friend Said She's In Love With Me, Help! - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Best Friend Said She's In Love With Me, Help! (4576 Views)

My Friend Said White Men Have Better D.icks Than Black Men / My Friend Said Jokingly That She Has Macromastia. What Exactly Is Macromastia? / Woman Who Said She Is Ugly With Big Lips Flaunts Her Oyinbo Boyfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Best Friend Said She's In Love With Me, Help! by EpicMaurice(m): 6:59pm On Sep 26, 2018
vicben27:
my Best friend asked me a question a few weeks before her wedding why l didn't marry her. l just kept mute. the truth was l knew all her secrets and based on my moral standards she wasn't just good enough for me because am a very good person who deserves better. but honestly the best relationship you could be in is with a best friend the synergy is just out of this world. l meet my fiancee within the same period she wasn't perfect but l love very little thing about her and Today shez my strength and my best person in the whole world, bottom line you most feel something special for her in order to be in a relationship with her.

That's exactly why I'm asking. I'm not sure I feel this something special for her.
I've always seen her as just a best friend
Re: My Best Friend Said She's In Love With Me, Help! by EpicMaurice(m): 7:00pm On Sep 26, 2018
HaileSelassie:
your fears are valid bro..
have you had these fears before
Re: My Best Friend Said She's In Love With Me, Help! by Nobody: 7:00pm On Sep 26, 2018
The future is so uncertain that it unnerves everyone of us.

You gotta sit her down and let her know that the future is uncertain. It has no altitude or direction yet, and it scares the hell out of you.
You haven't had time to think about relationship and you've not given it much thought. Mere thinkinhg about it gives you the chills. And relationships are less likely to work if it's just one person in love.

She gotta give you some time to put your thoughts together and try to find out if a relationship is what you need at this point in time. But let her understand that she ain't obligated to wait for you, since it's very very possible that she'll fall for another guy anytime soon.

Meanwhile, be cool about it and don't make it sound like you're shoving her love in her face. And make known the fact that you cherish her friendship and wouldn't want it ruined because of this.

If she's as matured as you make us believe in your post, she'll definitely understand.
Re: My Best Friend Said She's In Love With Me, Help! by biggie73(m): 7:04pm On Sep 26, 2018
If you say No to her, you will forever regret it. If you say Yes, your life will never be the same again. Just say Yes and go with the flow.

1 Like

Re: My Best Friend Said She's In Love With Me, Help! by biggie73(m): 7:05pm On Sep 26, 2018
Oreofepeters:
kids everywhere

You are too young to have girlfriend, Face your book forget about any relationship thang.

Or better still give me her number so I can continue from where you stop.
....but we call you brother...
Re: My Best Friend Said She's In Love With Me, Help! by vicben27(m): 7:12pm On Sep 26, 2018
EpicMaurice:

That's exactly why I'm asking. I'm not sure this something special for her.
I've always seen her as just a best friend
then just seat her down and have a nice talk with her letting her know how much you value her as just a friend letting her know you feel differently about as just a friend.
Re: My Best Friend Said She's In Love With Me, Help! by pryme(m): 7:22pm On Sep 26, 2018
EpicMaurice:

Not really.
I just don't feel like I need a relationship atm, but I also don't want our friendship to end

I have highlighted it for you, just copy what you see bolded and send it to her like that.

Don't edit it o.
Re: My Best Friend Said She's In Love With Me, Help! by Salore(m): 7:27pm On Sep 26, 2018
pcguru1:

Hmmm honestly its up to you, but sincerely if she's a good person like you mentioned it won't be bad. After university esp when work starts ,dating becomes abit much harder as there's hardly time
true talk bro��
Re: My Best Friend Said She's In Love With Me, Help! by EpicMaurice(m): 7:28pm On Sep 26, 2018
Thanks for the advice you guys.
I believe I know what I have to do now
Re: My Best Friend Said She's In Love With Me, Help! by Nobody: 8:05pm On Sep 26, 2018
Salore:
true talk bro��

As in I'm suffering that, chances are I might end up with a colleague obviously as most of my time is on work.
Re: My Best Friend Said She's In Love With Me, Help! by pawshjai(f): 8:23pm On Sep 26, 2018
Oreofepeters:
kids everywhere

You are too young to have girlfriend, Face your book forget about any relationship thang.

uncle abeg lets hear word
Re: My Best Friend Said She's In Love With Me, Help! by ogorwyne(f): 8:26pm On Sep 26, 2018
AmazingELixir:
undecided

You be serious agbaya....girl tell you say she dae monkey for you, your best response na to excommunicate her.

No need asking for advice on how to tell her off, you've already done that, you think it's easy for a female to make the first move at a relationship.

Infact my friend you better call that girl immediately and apologize to her and if your spinelessness will permit you give her the desired bleeping that is due her.
Op never you take an advice of any sort from someone who talks like this. Be careful.

Op I think you should have a talk with your friend. Let her know you enjoy her friendship but that's all you want for now. She might get shy and start avoiding you but as long as you have cleared yourself on what you know you want, then you just give her time to get over the feelings. If she doesn't then you move.

Sometimes it is good to have defined relationships. So that unnecessary 'catching of feelings' to that kain side won't happen. If it is just friendship you want let them know from the start. Love can still happen midway sha, if it does and you are cool with it, then go with the flow.

1 Like

Re: My Best Friend Said She's In Love With Me, Help! by Oreofepeters: 8:36pm On Sep 26, 2018
pawshjai:
uncle abeg lets hear word
aunty how is my noise disturbing you?. Well I'm just tryna pull his leg however to be frank OP needs to tell her yes. If he says No, it will hurt her and she might never forgive OP. It takes balls for a woman to make the first move in a relationship. Like my bro use to say "your best friend is your best wife/husband". Relationship with a best friend last longer.......,

2 Likes

Re: My Best Friend Said She's In Love With Me, Help! by okwabayi(m): 9:11pm On Sep 26, 2018
If two of you are in uni why hasn’t she found a man of her own yet?
Her choosing you is out of convenience. For most average and above-looking girls university is like a child being in a candy store, sexy males everywhere. Picking a specific one is usually difficult.
Follow the poster’s advice who suggested you copy this thread and paste it to her via WhatsApp.
I know your type though, jealousy and regret will quickly set in once she picks someone else.

1 Like

Re: My Best Friend Said She's In Love With Me, Help! by EpicMaurice(m): 10:39pm On Sep 26, 2018
ogorwyne:

Op never you take an advice of any sort from someone who talks like this. Be careful.

Op I think you should have a talk with your friend. Let her know you enjoy her friendship but that's all you want for now. She might get shy and start avoiding you but as long as you have cleared yourself on what you know you want, then you just give her time to get over the feelings. If she doesn't then you move.

Sometimes it is good to have defined relationships. So that unnecessary 'catching of feelings' to that kain side won't happen. If it is just friendship you want let them know from the start. Love can still happen midway sha, if it does and you are cool with it, then go with the flow.

thanks for the advice

1 Like

Re: My Best Friend Said She's In Love With Me, Help! by Peaceyw(m): 7:48am On Sep 27, 2018
Oreofepeters:
kids everywhere

lol, u no well
Re: My Best Friend Said She's In Love With Me, Help! by DanDeeBoss(m): 9:21am On Sep 27, 2018
Tamarapetty:
Just be plain and honest with your answer. You're not interested
Ahan... madam just like that?? Lol, sharp sharp, I am interestedgrin
Re: My Best Friend Said She's In Love With Me, Help! by Tamarapetty(f): 9:32am On Sep 27, 2018
DanDeeBoss:

Ahan... madam just like that?? Lol, sharp sharp, I am interestedgrin
Bia, where have u been
Re: My Best Friend Said She's In Love With Me, Help! by DanDeeBoss(m): 9:36am On Sep 27, 2018
Tamarapetty:
Bia, where have u been
I have been struggling to get you too... How are you doing?
Re: My Best Friend Said She's In Love With Me, Help! by Tamarapetty(f): 10:25am On Sep 27, 2018
DanDeeBoss:

I have been struggling to get you too... How are you doing?
Very pine and u?
Re: My Best Friend Said She's In Love With Me, Help! by DanDeeBoss(m): 10:29am On Sep 27, 2018
Tamarapetty:
Very pine and u?
Wallahi not pine...grin......
Re: My Best Friend Said She's In Love With Me, Help! by Tamarapetty(f): 10:32am On Sep 27, 2018
DanDeeBoss:
Wallahi not pine...grin......
Lol, watapun
Re: My Best Friend Said She's In Love With Me, Help! by DanDeeBoss(m): 10:36am On Sep 27, 2018
Tamarapetty:
Lol, watapun
I just sold my dad's car and lost the money....
Re: My Best Friend Said She's In Love With Me, Help! by Tamarapetty(f): 1:44pm On Sep 27, 2018
DanDeeBoss:
I just sold my dad's car and lost the money....
Joke or wetin?
Re: My Best Friend Said She's In Love With Me, Help! by Nobody: 2:06pm On Sep 27, 2018
EpicMaurice:
Ok so first off, something about me,I have lousy social skills, I'm kinda an introvert so I have very few friends.
There's this girl, I've known her since we were in junior secondry, we're in the same university rn. She's practically my best friend, she helps me out in my times of need and I enjoy her company and appreciate her friendship.
Recently, she told me she has feelings for me over whatsapp, I went offline immediately and has been since. This is the very first time I'm being in this situation, like its the first time a girl is telling me she has feelings for me so I don't know what to say or what to do.The thing is, I'm not particularly fond of commitments. People trusting me with anything scares me. I'm afraid of relationships.
She's very nice, like the best, but I'm just not interested in dating rn.

So how do I make her understand this? I don't want to hurt her and I certainly don't want to lose our frienship.But I feel like our friendship will be badly affected if I say no to her.
What do I do?

She's been ur friend like for ever & u can't face her with the truth
Just tell her exactly the way u typed it & if she still insists abeg enjoy that pûssy.. I forsee fwb for u guys, but if u know she can be jealous & possessive don't even near the pûssÿ. Make sure u tell her how u feel. She might get mad at first or even resent u but it will pass.
Lastly don't u dare set her up with any of ur guys cos if it fails... Na u sabi
Re: My Best Friend Said She's In Love With Me, Help! by DanDeeBoss(m): 2:08pm On Sep 27, 2018
Tamarapetty:
Joke or wetin?
U suppose believe me na.... I no fit go hauz sef..grin
Re: My Best Friend Said She's In Love With Me, Help! by Tamarapetty(f): 3:30pm On Sep 27, 2018
DanDeeBoss:

U suppose believe me na.... I no fit go hauz sef..grin
wehdone! Lets celebrate ojare, bar man! Give this guy one chilled bottle of otapia pia cheesy
Re: My Best Friend Said She's In Love With Me, Help! by DanDeeBoss(m): 3:34pm On Sep 27, 2018
Tamarapetty:
wehdone! Lets celebrate ojare, bar man! Give this guy one chilled bottle of otapia pia cheesy
WTF... OtapiapiaWow, that should reduce the fear in me, right?grin But we're taking it together joor
Re: My Best Friend Said She's In Love With Me, Help! by Tamarapetty(f): 4:25pm On Sep 27, 2018
DanDeeBoss:

WTF... OtapiapiaWow, that should reduce the fear in me, right?grin But we're taking it together joor
Lol, i'm fasting. Drink and be happy
Re: My Best Friend Said She's In Love With Me, Help! by DanDeeBoss(m): 4:48pm On Sep 27, 2018
Tamarapetty:
Lol, i'm fasting. Drink and be happy
WTF... Fasting Lol OK, break the fast first, then we go on a date
Re: My Best Friend Said She's In Love With Me, Help! by Nobody: 5:06pm On Sep 27, 2018
EpicMaurice:

I haven't really told her off.
Just been offline so it would seem I haven't read the text.

And seriously life is not all about sex

Give love a chance. I don't know how old you are. You sound like a teen.

Put your phone back on, giver her a call and tell her you feel the same way about her but that you are scared because you've never done this before.

In fact you should tell her face to face. Tell her you've grown to be fond of her and you'd be honored to have her by your side always.

Tell her you think both of you should take it slowly so that you can both build something that'll last.

You can thank me later... undecided

1 Like

Re: My Best Friend Said She's In Love With Me, Help! by Tamarapetty(f): 6:26pm On Sep 27, 2018
DanDeeBoss:

WTF... Fasting Lol OK, break the fast first, then we go on a date
Lol, i don't go on dates, and my fasting is lasting for 2months

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bored.. Want To Meet Someone. / Why Do Ladies Prefer Tall Guys Than Short Guys / Curvy Sexy Woman Dances And Twerk During Praise And Worship In Church, See React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.