Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,684 members, 7,816,792 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures (47734 Views)

Massive Owl Killed In My House This Morning (pics) / Big Snake (viper) Killed In My Area This Morning (pics) / Big Turtle I Saw At Badagry Market This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by marvinsync(m): 4:13pm On Sep 26, 2018
opyzy:
Foolish people..... I hope all the troubles of their lives will end at the death of the owl angry

Poor owl cry

#stop animal brutality

I'm very sure those children's mentality would have been tampered with.....#smh

stop animal brutality ?

the chicken u eat where were u to stop it's brutality?

stupid hypocrite
u don't care where the meat u eat comes from or what happened to the animal so u eat gladly but when an animal u don't eat dies poor animal

would it have helped if the owl was killed by an hunter to feed would u have accepted it then?

1 Like

Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by ollah2: 4:15pm On Sep 26, 2018
Pentecoastal churches has done big harm to peoples thinking capabilities. Just imagine what grown up people did
Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by lorhema(f): 4:16pm On Sep 26, 2018
Triniti:
Nigerians don’t even know that this is a nocturnal bird, it flies mostly at night, nollywood keep messing with our people. I’m sure someone among them is going to give a testimony in church on Sunday of how they killed the witch that has been terrorizing them. Poor people always fighting spiritual battles

It goes beyond Nollywood.

In the traditional beliefs of some of the southerners, the owl is seen as a witch bird.

I remember watching a man running after an owl one evening in the late 70s. It was seated on a fence pole under a streetlight in a Shell compound. As he ran towards it, throwing stones at it, he was shouting the word in his language for 'witch'.

The bird eventually flew away, passing over him. It was bigger than the one shown here. The man continued to swear at it even though it was gone.
Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by Rizstar: 4:16pm On Sep 26, 2018
Who else will listen to him?
DonDemu:
Proudly Fulani

Even UN is nepotistic as well. Up and down all na Fulani person. Fulani people everywhere cool
Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by marvinsync(m): 4:16pm On Sep 26, 2018
dazzlingd:
Why do I share a planet with this kind of people

u and I both know u don't have to

#suicide is always an option
Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by marvinsync(m): 4:16pm On Sep 26, 2018
dazzlingd:
Why do I share a planet with this kind of people

u and I both know u don't have too

#suicide is always an option
Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by rock003: 4:16pm On Sep 26, 2018
DonDemu:
Proudly Fulani

Even UN is nepotistic as well. Up and down all na Fulani person. Fulani people everywhere cool

And one of them is renowned to be lifeless globally
Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by Sirevangel(m): 4:17pm On Sep 26, 2018
Nigerians really need help oooooooo

1 Like

Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by Nobody: 4:18pm On Sep 26, 2018
Kikiki... As dem kill am so, i dey sure say dem don unknowingly release one pesin destiny like dat.

Naija and jazz dey like 5&6
Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by Nobody: 4:18pm On Sep 26, 2018
That is a barn Owl it is completely harmless but your dumb nollywood movies have turned them to enemies.

1 Like

Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by GavelSlam: 4:19pm On Sep 26, 2018
Igbokiller:
it's like Village people have never had ur time before, when they do u and Op will drop this fake irrelevant oyinbo mentality u are claiming. U can travel to ur village and tell ur village chief priest to convince u

Why always village people?

Why not city people?

Why not the wealthy?
Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by marvinsync(m): 4:19pm On Sep 26, 2018
AmazingELixir:
cry cry cry

AFRICA..!!!

I can't even wish the Owl to RIP .....the poor harmless creature was even cremated.

the chicken u eat where's it's rest in peace?

or the cows that are slaughtered like ... well .. cows!!!
or the Christmas goats
were are Their RIP?

HYPOCRITE!!!

1 Like

Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by Bloooody(m): 4:20pm On Sep 26, 2018
mezarddinny:
I am not a fan of religion but I am also not a fan of animals

animals kill humans without conscience, why should humans show pity to them? what is bad in killing an animal whether harmless or not? a lot of you guys are under the bondage of western slavery but think you are civilised because you reason like whites

animals are meant to be subdued for eating, you all eat meat everyday but show pity to some animals, is it the fault of the cow that it is not nearing extinction?
"Subjected to bondage by western slavery" You sir, Are an idiot. Every single animal has a purpose in this world, Even rats are important but i don't expect a stark village bush hunter to understand.
Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by akdjr(m): 4:22pm On Sep 26, 2018
I am not an eyewitness and I never said I am. But u should know that those story in the scripture was a story of a particular tribe. I make references to that snake because of the owl that was killed. People just accused animal because they can't communicate with human being. quote author=VULCAN post=71547804]As an eyewitness, pls correct our false impression

Which animal spoke to eve

[/quote]
Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by gidgiddy: 4:22pm On Sep 26, 2018
harry2ve:
I was at agbaro Delta State earlier today when we spotted this bird on a tree. Almost the entire community were gather and hell-bent on bringing it down claiming it's has been terrorizing the place for a while. I initially plea that they spare it life but they almost turned on me so I rested my case. They finally put it down and killed this harmless creature. I came to conclusion that the ignorance with the black man is caused by religion. We are been held back by the chains of religion. Your opinion are welcome. No insult please.

The black man is just too backward mentally, that's why he never progresses. These people just killed a harmless bird for nothing.

Chei!
Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by Meloshi(m): 4:23pm On Sep 26, 2018
Shit Hole Nation....
Check My Signature
Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by Baroba(m): 4:25pm On Sep 26, 2018
What makes an owl, bat, snake evil?? Simply because of there looks. Ignorance is killing us.. Why kill a nocturnal bed of prey..These birds control the rat population you know..

1 Like

Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by DanWrites(m): 4:25pm On Sep 26, 2018
Religion has replaced the brain matter of Africans with coconut water.
Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by thunderbabs: 4:25pm On Sep 26, 2018
Inasmuch as the dark world exists, doesnt mean every ugly looking animal or weird looking animal in the neighbourhood is responsible for your pathetic life.

Nigerians are embroiled in another form of dark + religious slavery. Brains are wired too much into the evil supernatural world and its really affecting our development individually and nationally.
Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by mirexxx(f): 4:26pm On Sep 26, 2018
paymentvoucher:
angry Some will still blame Buhari for this undecided
same way Jonathan was blamed for everything in 2014 grin
Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by Idrismusty97(m): 4:27pm On Sep 26, 2018
More reasons why i should plan my way out of this country.
Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by jidxin(m): 4:28pm On Sep 26, 2018
harry2ve:
I was at agbaro Delta State earlier today when we spotted this bird on a tree. Almost the entire community were gather and hell-bent on bringing it down claiming it's has been terrorizing the place for a while. I initially plea that they spare it life but they almost turned on me so I rested my case. They finally put it down and killed this harmless creature. I came to conclusion that the ignorance with the black man is caused by religion. We are been held back by the chains of religion. Your opinion are welcome. No insult please.
Ignorance kill u there..... even the white believes that owl are mystical creature....all over the world they are believed to be of underworld
Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by Bloooody(m): 4:30pm On Sep 26, 2018
jidxin:
Ignorance kill u there..... even the white believes that owl are mystical creature....all over the world they are believed to be of underworld
I cry for your stupidity sha.
Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by didijay(m): 4:30pm On Sep 26, 2018
Nice camera, which phone took this pictures?
Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by mezarddinny: 4:30pm On Sep 26, 2018
Bloooody:

"Subjected to bondage by western slavery" You sir, Are an idiot. Every single animal has a purpose in this world, Even rats are important but i don't expect a stark village bush hunter to understand.
look at this fool, every animal has it's purpose but you eat meat, fish and egg, sheer hypocrisy

mention 3 things that you have benefited from an owl, you just can't.

whites tell you stupid tales because they love animals but you won't bother to think it through, only to start calling you fellow men fools because they didn't accept to be subdued by the whites

if you want the owl to be proctected then don't kill cockroaches, flies and mosquitos.
Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by Jaqenhghar: 4:32pm On Sep 26, 2018
Xaos:
That owl is responsible for the poor standard of living and infrastructure in that vicinity. Folks should expect massive development & execution of world class projects to kickoff in that area in few weeks.

#thegodshavespoken - lalasticlala over to you!
You have spoken well.
Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by tgmservice: 4:32pm On Sep 26, 2018
harry2ve:
shut it
which ignorance because an owl has not claimed on ur window and night and start making noise. You will hate them by force
Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by Jaqenhghar: 4:33pm On Sep 26, 2018
abumeinben:
Harmless? You probably haven't stayed in a place owls sing at night, and cats fight or cry.
Bush man

1 Like

Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by Obi1kenobi(m): 4:34pm On Sep 26, 2018
marvinsync:

the chicken u eat where's it's rest in peace?

or the cows that are slaughtered like ... well .. cows!!!
or the Christmas goats
were are Their RIP?

HYPOCRITE!!!

In the circle of life, some are the prey, others are the predators. I have no problem with people eating meat. I have a problem with imbeciiles that think every animal they don't understand is a witch or demon terrorizing their worthless lives. It doesn't tell well of the enlightenment of such a society. It makes us all look like mindless savages. No one kills owls in civilized countries because they are spiritually terrorizing you. Infact, in the US, killing a raptor (whether an owl, eagle, hawk, falcon or whatever) attracts a very heavy fine and lengthy jail sentence if you're caught. Stop defending mindless savages.

3 Likes

Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by mezarddinny: 4:35pm On Sep 26, 2018
jidxin:
God bless you sir

nairalanders have this stupid mentality that only africans believe in superstition, it is very wrong, a lot of europeans and americans believe in superstition infact more stupid ones. there is this one of tooth fairy and a cat Having nine lives.

they are even very religious, you would be shocked to know how many americans travel to asia just to know more about religion, even trumped once prayed at the jerusalem wall.

they even make movies about a world different from ours, even some scientists believe in a parallel universe e.g stephen hawkings
Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by Bloooody(m): 4:37pm On Sep 26, 2018
mezarddinny:
look at this fool, every animal has it's purpose but you eat meat, fish and egg, sheer hypocrisy

mention 3 things that you have benefited from an owl, you just can't.

whites tell you stupid tales because they love animals but you won't bother to think it through, only to start calling you fellow men fools because they didn't accept to be subdued by the whites

if you want the owl to be proctected then don't kill cockroaches, flies and mosquitos.
You're obviously uneducated, There's a difference between using animals for FOOD and Killing them for barbaric and foolish reasons. You're barking about the whites as if one stole your mother's breast milk from you. Please stop talking if you know little to nothing.
Someone already stated they help in reducing the rat population but your ignorant and uneducated wouldn't notice, They even help in taking down insects and moles, Get some education instead of sparking like a blown socket.
Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by mezarddinny: 4:40pm On Sep 26, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

In the circle of life, some are the prey, others are the predators. I have no problem with people eating meat. I have a problem with imbeciiles that think every animal they don't understand is a witch or demon terrorizing their worthless lives. It doesn't tell well of the enlightenment of such a society. It makes us all look like mindless savages. No one kills owls in civilized countries because they are spiritually terrorizing you. Infact, in the US, killing a raptor (whether an owl, eagle, hawk, falcon or whatever) attracts a very heavy fine and lengthy jail sentence if you're caught. Stop defending mindless savages.
this is one of the problems I have with you guys, can't you support your claim without saying that it is a crime in america? must we always copy america?

homosexuality and abortion is legalized in america, should we do that here?

about the matter of ecosystem, thousands of animals have gone into extinction but the world is moving, why protect animals when animals kill humans?

is it the fault of the cow that it is not going into extinction? why should the cow be killed everday while an owl is protected? aren't both of them animals?

the hypocrisy of humans is sickening. an animal kills a man and it is sent back to a zoo while a man kills an animal and he must be imprisoned or pay a huge fine. why should animals be placed over humans?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Python Killed And Sold In Ekiti (Photo, Video) / A Huge Crocodile Was Captured In Omole Estate (Lagos) / Big Antelope Killed By Hunters In Sagamu (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.