Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,732 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures (47743 Views)

Massive Owl Killed In My House This Morning (pics) / Big Snake (viper) Killed In My Area This Morning (pics) / Big Turtle I Saw At Badagry Market This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by Bloooody(m): 5:36pm On Sep 26, 2018
Igbokiller:
use ur number 6 if you have one to interprete my typo errors
Why don't you correct those errors, Am allergic to rubbish.
Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by marvinsync(m): 5:37pm On Sep 26, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

In the circle of life, some are the prey, others are the predators. I have no problem with people eating meat. I have a problem with imbeciiles that think every animal they don't understand is a witch or demon terrorizing their worthless lives. It doesn't tell well of the enlightenment of such a society. It makes us all look like mindless savages. No one kills owls in civilized countries because they are spiritually terrorizing you. Infact, in the US, killing a raptor (whether an owl, eagle, hawk, falcon or whatever) attracts a very heavy fine and lengthy jail sentence if you're caught. Stop defending mindless savages.

first of all u can't PROVE it wasn't a witch, if u don't believe that's ur sh!t

and which America? (or better still which part) is it the same America that some folks kill for sport or the America where they hang bears , moose and other animals as trophies
Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by Nobody: 5:38pm On Sep 26, 2018
Bloooody:

go and die, then. I don't spare time for retardx
Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by Nobody: 5:40pm On Sep 26, 2018
Bloooody:

go and die, then. I don't spare time for retards
Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by Trump1212: 5:40pm On Sep 26, 2018
Lazibian... why can't it fly away?
Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by marvinsync(m): 5:43pm On Sep 26, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

No, we must not always copy everything. We must copy the good things that clearly make their societies progress ahead of our shiitholes. It's a virtue to respect your environment. That is not an American thing. It is done all over the world. Nigerians are one of the few savage countries on earth that would happily slaughter any animal they can lay their hands on. That is a dysfunctional culture and one that should shame you. My annoyance isn't even the fact they killed an owl. The irritating thing is why they did: because of some moronic superstitions. Raptors, including owls, are some of the most beautiful animals on earth and I can't understand what kind of soulless cretins would kill owls just because of stewpid superstitions.

first of all they are stupid to u , u can't prove their sh!t wrong

second check out most of the animals that have gone extinct and check out the people that hunted them to extinct most of them are white or better still non black

thirdly ur saying if the owl was killed for meat then it would be alright?
if so then it's all in ur mindset and has no physical implication cause the owl would be dead either way
Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by marvinsync(m): 5:49pm On Sep 26, 2018
Gangster1ms:

angry
Cow is not owl
By the way they didn't eat the owl, they burnt it. Wasteful idiots.
Also remember we rear cows while we don't rear owls, so how can cows go into extinction?
U berra use ur brain for once angry

did anyone tell u owls where under threat of extinction ?
Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by luckyz4rea(m): 5:52pm On Sep 26, 2018
As Animal scientists, what happiness does this bring to our world?

Even God would look and shake His head over the ignorance at work in the life of those He made to live in freedom from superstition and fictitiousness in our minds, that is responsible for our actions.

Can we really be said to be the people that were fearfully and wonderfully made by God?
Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by XaintJoel20: 5:53pm On Sep 26, 2018
Alzirida:

Lol.
What took u there?

Aunty you are endowed.

Blessed are thou among ladies.

Give me your father's house address, I need to discuss some important issue with him...

1 Like

Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by harry2ve(m): 6:07pm On Sep 26, 2018
Yomboy4ever:
Nothing concern me wetin the bird. We are in a misery world. The bird might be guilty and might also be Innocent. ButThe camera of ur phone not bad abegiii whats the name of the phone..

Nokia8
Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by Horus(m): 6:08pm On Sep 26, 2018
That owl is not responsible for the corruption
Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by qwertyboss(m): 6:09pm On Sep 26, 2018

Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by harry2ve(m): 6:10pm On Sep 26, 2018
Gkemz:
The OP is forming atheist when you are scared of visiting his villa.

Meaning ??
Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by Obi1kenobi(m): 6:13pm On Sep 26, 2018
marvinsync:

first of all u can't PROVE it wasn't a witch, if u don't believe that's ur sh!t

and which America? (or better still which part) is it the same America that some folks kill for sport or the America where they hang bears , moose and other animals as trophies

I don't need to prove shiit. Only mindless cretins believe in "witches" turning to animals.
Oh, and I didn't say Americans don't kill animals. I said Americans do not kill animals due to moronic superstitions. And yes, it is illegal to kill several animals in the US. I specifically mentioned raptors as included in these. I don't know why you're arguing against strawman distortions that you created.

1 Like

Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by harry2ve(m): 6:13pm On Sep 26, 2018
marvinsync:

shut the fvck up

do u eat chicken , eggs, meat overall ?

so when animals are killed for food u gladly eat and laugh but when killed when they say it's causing them issues u complain
not knowing how many animals are killed daily for u to eat

do u use a car? do u know the harm it's causing the ecosystem?

ur a hypocrite !!

and why'd u have to insult the black race u stupid racist , do u know how many non black countries would have killed that bird , some white folks even make it a sport to kill animals that's is ,just for fun

so what the fvck?

I hate ur kind , self haters , always saying there's something wrong with black , we are bad , white is good they are smart and advanced , u used a few people to condemn the whole race , imagine if a white folk read this bullsh!t he would have been like even they hate themselves.

*spits*

Chill yo. Why are you so bitter. You need help
Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by Horus(m): 6:16pm On Sep 26, 2018
Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by BrokenCock: 6:23pm On Sep 26, 2018
Xaos:
That owl is responsible for the poor standard of living and infrastructure in that vicinity. Folks should expect massive development & execution of world class projects to kickoff in that area in few weeks.

#thegodshavespoken - lalasticlala over to you!
LoL cheesy
Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by Obi1kenobi(m): 6:23pm On Sep 26, 2018
marvinsync:

first of all they are stupid to u , u can't prove their sh!t wrong

second check out most of the animals that have gone extinct and check out the people that hunted them to extinct most of them are white or better still non black

thirdly ur saying if the owl was killed for meat then it would be alright?
if so then it's all in ur mindset and has no physical implication cause the owl would be dead either way

Of course they are stupid. Nairaland has several articles with people killing owls because they claim they are witches. It's obvious most most of the poor souls who do it are impoverished, ill-educated people. No one kills owls in Switzerland or Denmark and claim they were witches tormenting them. If you're not prosecuted, you'd be sent to an asylum. That's the difference between civilized places and savage ones.

And plenty of species are extinct in different countries and continents for different reasons, contributed by all people. The civilized world has moved on and learnt to live in harmony with nature and expend time and resource on conservation efforts. African shiitholes like Nigeria have not and do not. They continue to live like medieval Europeans in mentality along with the superstitions of medieval Europeans too.

And no, it wouldn't be alright to kill the owl for meat. But at least, I'd understand the impulse on a more rational level. To kill an animal because of superstitions is a whole different level of savagery.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by skyfather09(m): 6:25pm On Sep 26, 2018
Africans smh... thats why we backwards yo!
Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by Donpenny(m): 6:29pm On Sep 26, 2018
Myth and religion has coursed us fortune in this part of the world

1 Like

Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by Triniti(m): 6:42pm On Sep 26, 2018
lorhema:

It goes beyond Nollywood.

In the traditional beliefs of some of the southerners, the owl is seen as a witch bird.

I remember watching a man running after an owl one evening in the late 70s. It was seated on a fence pole under a streetlight in a Shell compound. As he ran towards it, throwing stones at it, he was shouting the word in his language for 'witch'.

The bird eventually flew away, passing over him. It was bigger than the one shown here. The man continued to swear at it even though it was gone.
You are right, I guess religion played a big role in folks seeing this bird as a witch
Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by Nickymezor(f): 6:46pm On Sep 26, 2018
Evil bird, burnt ? Why didnt they eat it Those who can eat every animal for Africa. Abi na fear ni smiley i guess so smiley
Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by Triniti(m): 6:47pm On Sep 26, 2018
Igbokiller:
it's like Village people have never had ur time before, when they do u and Op will drop this fake irrelevant oyinbo mentality u are claiming. U can travel to ur village and tell ur village chief priest to convince u
Lol,dude,are you messing with me right now? Village people in form of a nocturnal bird? Why not dove,pigeon,bat or an eagle? Why must it be an owl? Because it’s an ugly bird that why folks labeled it a witch.
Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by Nobody: 6:51pm On Sep 26, 2018
Triniti:
Lol,dude,are you messing with me right now? Village people in form of a nocturnal bird? Why not dove,pigeon,bat or an eagle? Why must it be an owl? Because it’s an ugly bird that why folks labeled it a witch.
those mega-motherfuckers can come in any form to visit their target. I don't know about this delta people story but I'm talking about other juju ideas
Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by Titogbanski: 7:04pm On Sep 26, 2018
I was hoping to see a crowd as the storyline suggested...very few people interested.....mainly children
Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by Nobody: 7:11pm On Sep 26, 2018
What just I call this land.. Crazy human beans.
Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by anigold(m): 7:18pm On Sep 26, 2018
harry2ve:
I was at agbaro Delta State earlier today when we spotted this bird on a tree. Almost the entire community were gather and hell-bent on bringing it down claiming it's has been terrorizing the place for a while. I initially plea that they spare it life but they almost turned on me so I rested my case. They finally put it down and killed this harmless creature. I came to conclusion that the ignorance with the black man is caused by religion. We are been held back by the chains of religion. Your opinion are welcome. No insult please.
but they said it's was headless but am seeing the head.. poor bird killed because of crazy superstition

1 Like

Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by hnworisa(m): 7:48pm On Sep 26, 2018
I'm the only one amazed at the quality of the pictures
Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by SheIsElle(f): 7:57pm On Sep 26, 2018
DonDemu:
Proudly Fulani

Even UN is nepotistic as well. Up and down all na Fulani person. Fulani people everywhere cool
Lol. Who asked you the question you are trying to answer? We know that there are prominent Fulanis, we are also know the fulanis that live in the bush in the name of cattle rearing, the question is " where are you?
Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by TalkTalkTwins(m): 8:17pm On Sep 26, 2018
Auxtin85:

Is that profile pics real?

...so this is how you around checking people's profile photos on NL undecided
Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by CodeTemplar: 8:55pm On Sep 26, 2018
harry2ve:
I was at agbaro Delta State earlier today when we spotted this bird on a tree. Almost the entire community were gather and hell-bent on bringing it down claiming it's has been terrorizing the place for a while. I initially plea that they spare it life but they almost turned on me so I rested my case. They finally put it down and killed this harmless creature. I came to conclusion that the ignorance with the black man is caused by religion. We are been held back by the chains of religion. Your opinion are welcome. No insult please.
Religion is reality. its the misinterpretation that is a problem.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Big Antelope Killed By Hunters In Sagamu (Photos) / Python Killed And Sold In Ekiti (Photo, Video) / Epic 1960 Guiness Billboard Advertisement (PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.