Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,205 members, 7,818,701 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures - Nairaland / General (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures (47742 Views)

Massive Owl Killed In My House This Morning (pics) / Big Snake (viper) Killed In My Area This Morning (pics) / Big Turtle I Saw At Badagry Market This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by statusquoante: 8:57pm On Sep 26, 2018
Harmless kor harmless ni
I would gladly kill it anytime any day.

1 Like

Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by Antichristus: 9:32pm On Sep 26, 2018
Jail-able offence in saner climes.
Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by Cooleasy(m): 10:45pm On Sep 26, 2018
Many owls, big and small, and bats, come every night to play and eat on the trees near my window. They have been doing so for many years to the extent that by now, they are familiar with my movements and activities around them. Yet this has not done me any harm in any way all along. On the contrary, I have been getting better and better. Owls are ORDINARY NONCTURNAL birds. Those people just killed an innocent, graceful bird.

3 Likes

Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by Naza25: 11:23pm On Sep 26, 2018
Ignorance is a disease. Superstitious ignoramuses everywhere
Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by SoaringLife01: 11:37pm On Sep 26, 2018
Yes,an owl is a nocturnal animal.Not that I am justifying the killing of the owl.
But,we should understand that the environment do affect people's way of life and culture.Whether you agree or not, this life is dual in nature: physical and spiritual/metaphysical.And some people are operating the dual nature.
Some are using their metaphysical powers for good of humanity and some for bad.
Here in Nigeria,it is an undeniable fact that some people use their metaphysical powers for witchcraft.They possessed most nocturnal animals to execute their mission-cats,bats and owls.
You can decide to argue,but it is real.After all,the Whites also practice ASTRAL PROJECTION.
The issue is how to distinguish the possessed nocturnal ones from the ones doing what they were created by God to do-feed and hunt at night.So most at times,Nigerians end up killing any straying nocturnal animal at day time.
Africa is deeply enmeshed in EVIL METAPHYSICAL POWERS.That is why headhunting during festivals is still rife,money ritual killings is on the increase( yahoo plus ),and witchcraft too.
Reasoning with brain/central nervous system cannot understand the things of the metaphysical.
Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by marvinsync(m): 12:45am On Sep 27, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

Of course they are stupid. Nairaland has several articles with people killing owls because they claim they are witches. It's obvious most most of the poor souls who do it are impoverished, ill-educated people. No one kills owls in Switzerland or Denmark and claim they were witches tormenting them. If you're not prosecuted, you'd be sent to an asylum. That's the difference between civilized places and savage ones.

And plenty of species are extinct in different countries and continents for different reasons, contributed by all people. The civilized world has moved on and learnt to live in harmony with nature and expend time and resource on conservation efforts. African shiitholes like Nigeria have not and do not. They continue to live like medieval Europeans in mentality along with the superstitions of medieval Europeans too.

And no, it wouldn't be alright to kill the owl for meat. But at least, I'd understand the impulse on a more rational level. To kill an animal because of superstitions is a whole different level of savagery.

first of all owls are a general superstition general to races all over the world u can Google it so it's not an African or Nigerian thing

second show me where in the OP post it says witchcraft and even if it is a lot of people have their beliefs and traditions respect them even if u don't agree with it

thirdly cults and superstition still occurs all over the world it's just that in some places it might be illegal to do them , some people still engage in rituals so saying no one does them in Switzerland ( if it was a culture there ) is not accurate but does it then make it okay to condemn the whole of Switzerland or white people in general like u have done?

fourthly everyone has their own sh!ts
America that u think is so good and all has one of the highest homicide in the world people kill each other their far more than they kill in Africa if u don't know is it then okay to say that Americans are murderers and savages

fifth theirs nothing wrong with killing an animal , we are carnivores , we eat meat and we are also territorial animals kind of like a lion wouldn't like to see certain animals within its territory is the same way the villagers didn't want that owl in their territory and the same way u wouldn't want a rat in ur house
Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by marvinsync(m): 12:47am On Sep 27, 2018
harry2ve:

Chill yo. Why are you so bitter. You need help

like I said I HATE ur kind , self haters!!!
my anger has been piling up
Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by marvinsync(m): 12:50am On Sep 27, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

I don't need to prove shiit. Only mindless cretins believe in "witches" turning to animals.
Oh, and I didn't say Americans don't kill animals. I said Americans do not kill animals due to moronic superstitions. And yes, it is illegal to kill several animals in the US. I specifically mentioned raptors as included in these. I don't know why you're arguing against strawman distortions that you created.

first only mindless cretins DONT believe in witches not necessarily turning but also processing animals
second where does the op mention witch ?

third who says Americans don't? owl is a superstition all over the world a lot of American still engage in rituals and vodoo the only difference is it's illegal there and not here
and since when does something being illegal mean that people don't do it?
Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by Obi1kenobi(m): 1:50am On Sep 27, 2018
marvinsync:

first of all owls are a general superstition general to races all over the world u can Google it so it's not an African or Nigerian thing

second show me where in the OP post it says witchcraft and even if it is a lot of people have their beliefs and traditions respect them even if u don't agree with it

Please, don't quote me to waste my time with silly questions. I'm guessing they killed an owl and burnt it because it stole someone's pot of soup, abi? You're asking me where it says witchcraft. Because i don't live in Nigeria to know how superstitious cretins think, or because deductive reasoning wasn't taught in school, shey?
And stop deluding yourself. People in civilized countries don't kill animals due to superstitions. That some people might be creeped out about animals like owls or even spiders or whatever doesn't mean they parade around claiming owls are some creatures of the occult or underworld sent to destroy their destinies. It's certainly not some wide held notion like this savage country.

And no, I have no respect for savage superstitions. And I'm proud to have no respect for savage superstitions, as should any right-thinking person. It's like telling me to respect child marriage or slavery or human sacrifice if a culture practised them.

thirdly cults and superstition still occurs all over the world it's just that in some places it might be illegal to do them , some people still engage in rituals so saying no one does them in Switzerland ( if it was a culture there ) is not accurate but does it then make it okay to condemn the whole of Switzerland or white people in general like u have done?

fourthly everyone has their own sh!ts
America that u think is so good and all has one of the highest homicide in the world people kill each other their far more than they kill in Africa if u don't know is it then okay to say that Americans are murderers and savages

fifth theirs nothing wrong with killing an animal , we are carnivores , we eat meat and we are also territorial animals kind of like a lion wouldn't like to see certain animals within its territory is the same way the villagers didn't want that owl in their territory and the same way u wouldn't want a rat in ur house

You're digressing and deflecting. And deceiving yourself a lot. I'm not here to talk about homicides. The OP is all that interests me: that a bunch of losers would kill wild animals for no reason other than their superstitions.
I'm not even sure how to respond to that last paragraph.grin What does eating meat have to do with killing owls due to illiterate superstitions? What does territoriality have to do with killing owls due to illiterate superstition?

2 Likes

Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by Obi1kenobi(m): 1:53am On Sep 27, 2018
marvinsync:

first only mindless cretins DONT believe in witches not necessarily turning but also processing animals
second where does the op mention witch ?

third who says Americans don't? owl is a superstition all over the world a lot of American still engage in rituals and vodoo the only difference is it's illegal there and not here
and since when does something being illegal mean that people don't do it?

Oh, you believe in witches possessing animals? grin You could have told me that earlier and I wouldn't have bothered wasting my time arguing with you.

1 Like

Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by marvinsync(m): 2:33am On Sep 27, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

Oh, you believe in witches possessing animals? grin You could have told me that earlier and I wouldn't have bothered wasting my time arguing with you.

I don't
I'm just tryna prove a point that ur words don't mean anything that I could say the same thing to u

that just cause u don't believe don't mean it stupid
Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by marvinsync(m): 2:42am On Sep 27, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

Please, don't quote me to waste my time with silly questions. I'm guessing they killed an owl and burnt it because it stole someone's pot of soup, abi? You're asking me where it says witchcraft. Because i don't live in Nigeria to know how superstitious cretins think, or because deductive reasoning wasn't taught in school, shey?
And stop deluding yourself. People in civilized countries don't kill animals due to superstitions. That some people might be creeped out about animals like owls or even spiders or whatever doesn't mean they parade around claiming owls are some creatures of the occult or underworld sent to destroy their destinies. It's certainly not some wide held notion like this savage country.

And no, I have no respect for savage superstitions. And I'm proud to have no respect for savage superstitions, as should any right-thinking person. It's like telling me to respect child marriage or slavery or human sacrifice if a culture practised them.

You're digressing and deflecting. And deceiving yourself a lot. I'm not here to talk about homicides. The OP is all that interests me: that a bunch of losers would kill wild animals for no reason other than their superstitions.
I'm not even sure how to respond to that last paragraph.grin What does eating meat have to do with killing owls due to illiterate superstitions? What does territoriality have to do with killing owls due to illiterate superstition?

first of all the OP said the villagers said the owl was causing " nuisance"
they weren't being specific ,noise could be nuisance and trust me thats more than enough to kill that bird

second of all yes people in "civilized" country do , it might not be a general practice but there are always people of exception u can't generalize such things, ever heard of vodoo?

third I mentioned homicide to tell u that everyone has their issues , cause u were self hating with insulting the whole African race cause of such incident

fourth u asked what does territoriality have to do with killing the owl , well it does the villagers ( owners of the territory) don't want the owl in their village ( their territory) it's a nuisance , to them the owl in their village is like a rat in ur house and as such they kill it

fifth I mentioned eating meat cause u said u would have a problem with even killing the owl for meat and I'm telling u it's what carnivores do
Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by Volcano12(f): 4:51am On Sep 27, 2018
Xaos:
That owl is responsible for the poor standard of living and infrastructure in that vicinity. Folks should expect massive development & execution of world class projects to kickoff in that area in few weeks.

#thegodshavespoken - lalasticlala over to you!
Agbara hmmm,I fear that town.Their own dey blow whistle.
Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by Auxtin85(m): 6:01am On Sep 27, 2018
TalkTalkTwins:

...so this is how you around checking people's profile photos on NL undecided

Yes, do you any problem with that ?
Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by Gangster1ms: 9:40am On Sep 27, 2018
marvinsync:

did anyone tell u owls where under threat of extinction ?
Na small small e dey start
Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by nwatthu(m): 12:19pm On Sep 27, 2018
Exactly my thought...we are in dark continent
Triniti:
Nigerians don’t even know that this is a nocturnal bird, it flies mostly at night, nollywood keep messing with our people. I’m sure someone among them is going to give a testimony in church on Sunday of how they killed the witch that has been terrorizing them. Poor people always fighting spiritual battles
Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by Walamu(m): 9:33pm On Sep 27, 2018
DonDemu:
Proudly Fulani

Even UN is nepotistic as well. Up and down all na Fulani person. Fulani people everywhere cool

Fulanis are in power. What's wrong and right with seeing Fulanis who are Nigerians too? grin If I was a President in Africa I would want my own ethnic group protecting me because they have a stake in it and are unlikely they to betray. grin This is the same throughout Africa such as, the Kabaka's clan is the clan that guards his life over the other Buganda clans. The Kabaka can come from any clan though. The Zulus came to power over the other ethnic groups when Shaka Zulu came to power as the head of the paramount. So its natural if another president wins in 2019 and he is, let's say Yoruba, then Yorubas will surround him. If he refuses to have Yorubas surround him then his own people will see it as a slight, a grave insult rather. Other groups will see him as weak if he chooses lots of them over his own people. grin
Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by harry2ve(m): 12:49pm On Sep 30, 2018
didijay:
Nice camera, which phone took this pictures?

Nokia8
Re: Harmless Owl Killed In Agbaro, Delta This Morning. See Pictures by meobizy(f): 2:32pm On Jul 06, 2020
What pains me the most is nobody cares to use Google to search how these superstitions work. Tell me how a cat can eat a woman’s unborn child without her knowledge. I’m waiting for an explanation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Huge Crocodile Was Captured In Omole Estate (Lagos) / Big Antelope Killed By Hunters In Sagamu (Photos) / Python Killed And Sold In Ekiti (Photo, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.