Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,814 members, 7,862,709 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 12:27 AM

The Seven Levels Of Intimacy - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Seven Levels Of Intimacy (611 Views)

What Is the Appropriate Level Of Intimacy Before Marriage? / What Your Zodiac Sign Says About Your Intimacy Life / . . . . . And That Was How I Lost My Eighth Lover Because Of Intimacy Palaver! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Seven Levels Of Intimacy by Navi613: 6:27pm On Jul 08, 2010
Hello everyone! I've recently stocked up on some books and I thought I'd share some of my findings with you all; seeing how ideas spread quicker on a this type of medium.

Anyways, I found this book titled The Seven Levels of Intimacy http://www.amazon.com/Seven-Levels-Intimacy-Loving-Being/dp/0743265114and it basically deals with how we interpret and often times , intimacy.

Ask yourself, are you afraid of revealing who you really are to others? Do you find yourself being fiercely independent and guarded? Well, it is NOT healthy at all to be doing so! Life itself is a series of revelations. We shouldn't be so eager to layer ourselves with the profound fear of rejection or being loved less. This is where self-esteem comes in. Self-esteem is essentially accepting your faults, shortcomings and defects and allowing ourselves only to be our true selves.

Intimacy is a such a prominent part of our lives. I am not advocating for sexual intimacy because that itself is only one component of a multi-dimensional process. What I am hoping to encourage among you all is to open yourselves up to others and realize that your full potential is hidden in the interactions we engage with others.

So, how much of your life do you share with others? Not only is it healthy to do so, but it opens so many opportunities and doors to be interdependent and keep our sanity even in times of profound unease

(1) (Reply)

Visiting And Found Out Her Sister Ex- Stays Around The Area / I Cant Think About Any Thing Other Than This Woman / Are You Aware That Love Has A Loopy Logic?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.