Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,115 members, 7,811,134 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

85000 Prepaid Meters To Be Shared Across Ikorodu, Ikeja, Oshodi, Abule Egba - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 85000 Prepaid Meters To Be Shared Across Ikorodu, Ikeja, Oshodi, Abule Egba (14148 Views)

Customers Protest Discos’ Plan To Retrieve Prepaid Meters / NERC Urges Users To Update Prepaid Meters Before November / Sanwo-Olu Commissions Oshodi-Abule-Egba BRT Corridor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

85000 Prepaid Meters To Be Shared Across Ikorodu, Ikeja, Oshodi, Abule Egba by ikorodureporta: 2:13pm On Sep 28, 2018
Ikeja Electric, one of the major electricity distribution companies (DisCos) in Nigeria, says it is deploying 85,000 new prepaid meters to bridge the metering gap in its business area.

In a statement seen by TheCable, the DisCo said this was done as part of its renewed commitment to deliver the yearnings of customers, and further close the metering gap within its network.

It added that “while abiding by the regulator’s guideline which states that all customers have a right to a properly installed and functional meter, and un-metered customer should be issued with electricity bills strictly based on NERC’s estimated billing methodology, it is also poised to reduce estimated billing with the deployment of prepaid meters”.

The DisCo said it had therefore commenced the “roll-out of 85,000 meters to cover residential customers across its six Business Units,” in its first batch of renewed metering drive.

The six business units include Ikeja, Abule-Egba, Akowonjo, Oshodi, Ikorodu and Shomolu .

According to Felix Ofulue, head, corporate communications, Ikeja Electric, the company remains resolute in its commitment to meter all its customers and narrow the metering gap as quickly as possible.

“Ikeja Electric wants to reassure customers and state clearly its plans to progressively reduce estimated billing thereby building customers trust in our services. At the moment, prepaid meters are being installed in different communities across the network,” he said.

“While in other localities, pre-installation activities are ongoing and between now and the end of the year we will have concluded the first batch of the deployment.

“We therefore urge our customers to be patient as our ultimate objective is to ensure that all our customers are eventually metered.”

The company explained that it is “adding its quota in narrowing the metering gap, as highlighted by various statistical information in the country.

The recent report by the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) showed an increase of 1.59 percent in the number of prepaid meter customers.

The federal government has consistently enjoined the DisCo to provide meters to customers in a bid to narrow the gap, reduce complaints of high consumption charges and estimated billing, in line with the Electric Power Sector Reform (EPSR) Act, 2005.

Source: www.thecable.ng/Ikorodu-abule-egba-oshodi-ikeja-electric-deploys-85000-prepaid-meters-across-lagos

Re: 85000 Prepaid Meters To Be Shared Across Ikorodu, Ikeja, Oshodi, Abule Egba by BruncleZuma: 4:21pm On Sep 28, 2018
grin grin grin grin

"PHCN" ticket don cut small again...

4 Likes

Re: 85000 Prepaid Meters To Be Shared Across Ikorodu, Ikeja, Oshodi, Abule Egba by Cyrealmusic(m): 4:21pm On Sep 28, 2018
If u are planning to work or vote 4 these recycling empty old brains in @PDP or @APC in 2019 general election, know now that u are d Satan in ur life, u are d chain holding u down, u should be casting & binding ur self in prayers and if you die 4 @APC or @PDP May u not rest in peace since u are so stupid not to know that these old men gives u nothing but take from u everything..

15 Likes

Re: 85000 Prepaid Meters To Be Shared Across Ikorodu, Ikeja, Oshodi, Abule Egba by olusola200: 4:21pm On Sep 28, 2018
Good morning,

Lawless company

Ripping from where they did not sow

I can't blame them it's govt fashola and co
Re: 85000 Prepaid Meters To Be Shared Across Ikorodu, Ikeja, Oshodi, Abule Egba by Mhiztamurtala(m): 4:22pm On Sep 28, 2018
K
Re: 85000 Prepaid Meters To Be Shared Across Ikorodu, Ikeja, Oshodi, Abule Egba by osabiya16(m): 4:22pm On Sep 28, 2018
Noted
Re: 85000 Prepaid Meters To Be Shared Across Ikorodu, Ikeja, Oshodi, Abule Egba by Metrics4tea: 4:22pm On Sep 28, 2018
is not true
Re: 85000 Prepaid Meters To Be Shared Across Ikorodu, Ikeja, Oshodi, Abule Egba by Emmafe(m): 4:22pm On Sep 28, 2018
Isokay

Check my signature for phone deals
Re: 85000 Prepaid Meters To Be Shared Across Ikorodu, Ikeja, Oshodi, Abule Egba by Amdoyin(m): 4:23pm On Sep 28, 2018
Good one. It's really innovative.
Re: 85000 Prepaid Meters To Be Shared Across Ikorodu, Ikeja, Oshodi, Abule Egba by id2010(m): 4:23pm On Sep 28, 2018
Re: 85000 Prepaid Meters To Be Shared Across Ikorodu, Ikeja, Oshodi, Abule Egba by eleojo23: 4:23pm On Sep 28, 2018
BruncleZuma:
grin grin grin grin

My friend will you close ya teeth...
Re: 85000 Prepaid Meters To Be Shared Across Ikorodu, Ikeja, Oshodi, Abule Egba by erico2k2(m): 4:23pm On Sep 28, 2018
this is good, No Light no Bill
Im at ikeja, the flat has pre paid, I been here since monday, tehre has been co nstant light

2 Likes

Re: 85000 Prepaid Meters To Be Shared Across Ikorodu, Ikeja, Oshodi, Abule Egba by seuncyber(m): 4:24pm On Sep 28, 2018
We are waiting
Re: 85000 Prepaid Meters To Be Shared Across Ikorodu, Ikeja, Oshodi, Abule Egba by Nobody: 4:27pm On Sep 28, 2018
Prepaid meter without power cheesy cheesy cheesy

can't laugh no more, my ear hurts wink wink

4 Likes

Re: 85000 Prepaid Meters To Be Shared Across Ikorodu, Ikeja, Oshodi, Abule Egba by CodeTemplar: 4:29pm On Sep 28, 2018
2019 things ...

1 Like

Re: 85000 Prepaid Meters To Be Shared Across Ikorodu, Ikeja, Oshodi, Abule Egba by Pojomojo: 4:29pm On Sep 28, 2018
Election is next year so why wont they distribute prepaid meters. Lol. I would bot be surprised if Npower wakes up

Are you a student, or graduate looking for self-employment, or you are a stay at home Mum, or someone looking for something to engage in? or a worker who needs a part-time business? or you want to make extra income? Then you are the one we are looking for.

Boxers Business is a very profitable business to do, with less than NGN10,000 you can start your own business and within a month you would have made triple profit.
We are offering high quality 100% real cotton boxer minimum of 25 peices.
A boxers in the market sell for 200 and Banana Republic goes between 300-350 depending on your location.
Both products are of high quality and we deliver to you Nationwide

√Banana Republic 25pcs @ NGN300= NGN 8,500
√ Normal boxers 25pcs @ NGN250=NGN7,000

FAQ: If I buy 1bundle of 6500 naira, how much can i get as my profit if sell?

Answer: Profit always depends on each seller, you could target NGN1,500.00k and make less than or more than, I guess it's all about you.I guess you can think beyond selling in small packs (3-in-1) and be a distributor.

Note: The boxers stated above are not the boxers Aboki/Mallam are selling. For more enquiries: Call/whatsapp +234 708 659 7686

4 Likes

Re: 85000 Prepaid Meters To Be Shared Across Ikorodu, Ikeja, Oshodi, Abule Egba by itiswellandwell: 4:30pm On Sep 28, 2018
The truth is that, this development is from Buhari. Heard federal government is taking back phcn. Buhari is very sensitive to some simple and logical situations which is that ""if private can't fulfil their mandates of providing prepaid meters for every houses till this very moment, then the phcn privatization is nonsense and doesn't worth it hence trying to get it back which will enable him give directives that won't see any excuses being entertained ""
If buhari can get electricity right. Get every houses prepaid meter fixed. He stand a chance being elected for second term.

Cheap s6 edge. Check my signature.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 85000 Prepaid Meters To Be Shared Across Ikorodu, Ikeja, Oshodi, Abule Egba by Nobody: 4:30pm On Sep 28, 2018
olusola200:
Good morning,

Lawless company

Ripping from where they did not sow

I can't blame them it's govt fashola and co
APC is a scam. period

1 Like

Re: 85000 Prepaid Meters To Be Shared Across Ikorodu, Ikeja, Oshodi, Abule Egba by mikaael(m): 4:31pm On Sep 28, 2018
erico2k2:
this is good, No Light no Bill
Im at ikeja, the flat has pre paid, I been here since monday, tehre has been co nstant light

who dey pursue you wet u dey type like dz..you com dey stammer ontop keypad

2 Likes

Re: 85000 Prepaid Meters To Be Shared Across Ikorodu, Ikeja, Oshodi, Abule Egba by otunde527: 4:32pm On Sep 28, 2018
Here with the prepaid no light

You will only see them in their vans

Moving up and down

Check my Ziggy for your rmb
Re: 85000 Prepaid Meters To Be Shared Across Ikorodu, Ikeja, Oshodi, Abule Egba by Aystarz: 4:33pm On Sep 28, 2018
Maurz:
Prepaid meter without power cheesy cheesy cheesy

can't laugh no more, my ear hurts wink wink

With increased distribution of prepaid meters to customers, PHCN would have no choice but to improve power supply. No power, no meter reading ; and no meter reading, no more yeye payment grin

You should be happy about this development, bro.

2 Likes

Re: 85000 Prepaid Meters To Be Shared Across Ikorodu, Ikeja, Oshodi, Abule Egba by OShepherd: 4:33pm On Sep 28, 2018
Re: 85000 Prepaid Meters To Be Shared Across Ikorodu, Ikeja, Oshodi, Abule Egba by Olori(m): 4:34pm On Sep 28, 2018
This is another side to the story which they wont tell you.
They came to our house and dropped a hand written note with a number to call if we are interested. Additionally they told my wife we need to pay 100k per household ( we are 5 flats).
The prepaid meter is 25k and the other 75k is supposedly to load your card when the meter is supplied.
In Buharis’ Nigeria a landlord to cough out 500k for 5 prepaid meter..

6 Likes

Re: 85000 Prepaid Meters To Be Shared Across Ikorodu, Ikeja, Oshodi, Abule Egba by pat077: 4:34pm On Sep 28, 2018
Of what use is pre paid meter without light? Just like a phone without battery

1 Like

Re: 85000 Prepaid Meters To Be Shared Across Ikorodu, Ikeja, Oshodi, Abule Egba by Aystarz: 4:37pm On Sep 28, 2018
BruncleZuma:
grin grin grin grin
"PHCN" ticket don cut small again...

Make dat ticket cut reach come Ojo abeg. It's about time...

2 Likes

Re: 85000 Prepaid Meters To Be Shared Across Ikorodu, Ikeja, Oshodi, Abule Egba by 9gerian: 4:37pm On Sep 28, 2018
They know; hence the slower than snail pace at metering customers...

Aystarz:

With increased distribution of prepaid meters to customers, PHCN would have no choice but to improve power supply. No power, no meter reading ; no meter reading, no more yeye payment grin

2 Likes

Re: 85000 Prepaid Meters To Be Shared Across Ikorodu, Ikeja, Oshodi, Abule Egba by Nine2Five: 4:38pm On Sep 28, 2018
I hope it becomes a reality... This Naija...

How to Leave a Job You Hate

If you hate your job, you might need to quit...So how do you go about it.

See details on how....

https://www.9to5.com.ng/2018/09/27/how-to-leave-a-job-you-hate/
Re: 85000 Prepaid Meters To Be Shared Across Ikorodu, Ikeja, Oshodi, Abule Egba by LadySarah: 4:42pm On Sep 28, 2018
pat077:
Of what use is pre paid meter without light? Just like a phone without battery

It is goodoo.we wereaway from home from July last Yr to Jan this year,came back and met #87000 estimated bill waiting for us.
My husband vexed ad told them to bring down the wiresince Feb,till now bills are still coming and we have clearly told them we won't pay for it.

Meanwhile neighbour s say they hardly see light up to 3 days in a mth.So which is better?

1 Like

Re: 85000 Prepaid Meters To Be Shared Across Ikorodu, Ikeja, Oshodi, Abule Egba by Rollitout: 4:45pm On Sep 28, 2018
Stupid people, I don't no who gave them the idea of estimated billing system. Bastard

4 Likes

Re: 85000 Prepaid Meters To Be Shared Across Ikorodu, Ikeja, Oshodi, Abule Egba by erico2k2(m): 4:47pm On Sep 28, 2018
mikaael:

who dey pursue you wet u dey type like dz..you com dey stammer ontop keypad
izzit ur keyboard, abeg look straight joor
Re: 85000 Prepaid Meters To Be Shared Across Ikorodu, Ikeja, Oshodi, Abule Egba by thedondada(m): 4:49pm On Sep 28, 2018
Seeing is believing ...
Re: 85000 Prepaid Meters To Be Shared Across Ikorodu, Ikeja, Oshodi, Abule Egba by Jaytecq(m): 4:54pm On Sep 28, 2018
so we are to celebrate this?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Harassment Of Atiku’s Lawyer: Buhari’s Last Desperate Act As A Dictator / APC Presidential Primary Election: Lawan Begs Kano To Swing In His Favour / Re: No Existing Financial Commitment By Past Administration In Geometric - Kalu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.