Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,452 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

Fighter Jet Pilot Rescued From Crash Site In Abuja (pictures) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fighter Jet Pilot Rescued From Crash Site In Abuja (pictures) (58222 Views)

Nigerian Air Force Finally Confirms Jet Crash, Pilot Rescued(photo) / Chief-Of-Army Staff, Ibrahim Attahiru's Death: Video From The Crash Site Emerges / Sanwo-Olu Visits Helicopter's Crash Site, Promise To Renovate Buildings (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fighter Jet Pilot Rescued From Crash Site In Abuja (pictures) by Bjainy: 4:24pm On Sep 28, 2018
The Nigeria Air Force (NAF) says one of the pilots who successfully ejected from one of the F-7Ni aircraft that had earlier crashed in the FCT, has passed on.

” It is with a heavy heart that I regretfully announce that one of the pilots who successfully ejected from one of the F-7Ni aircraft that crashed earlier today has passed on.
” May his soul rest in peace. Additional details on the incident will be communicated, ”Daramola said.
Newsmen report that two NAF aircraft had crashed in the FCT when they were performing rehearsal for Nigeria’s 58th Independence Anniversary in the territory on Friday morning.

copied from https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/09/update-1-pilot-dies-in-naf-aircraft-crash-in-fct/
Re: Fighter Jet Pilot Rescued From Crash Site In Abuja (pictures) by bighorlus(m): 4:24pm On Sep 28, 2018
mallorca:
Nigeria is a very strange country

Indeed it is strange bro

1 Like

Re: Fighter Jet Pilot Rescued From Crash Site In Abuja (pictures) by Nobody: 4:25pm On Sep 28, 2018
lofty900:
Don't use the word rescued. The guy escaped from the aircraft using a parachute just before crashing. He landed in the bush. Nobody can be rescued from a crashing passenger plane not to talk of fighter jet.
He ejected before the crash. Those up there typing like they've never seen such in Hollywood movies
Re: Fighter Jet Pilot Rescued From Crash Site In Abuja (pictures) by Arimokwusunday(m): 4:25pm On Sep 28, 2018
AVECDEO:
This one na Cat with many lives... very lucky to have escaped unscarred.

He would be forever grateful to GOD for this day.

SINCERELY GOD IS MERCY... I WAS PRIVILEGE TO SEE THEM BEFORE THE CRASH. I WAS AT TRANSCORP HILTON WHEN THEY PASS. THEY WHERE ABOUT SEVEN PLAY TOGETHER. ONE BIG ONE AND SIX SMALLER ONES. BBEFORE REACHING MPAPE AFTER 5 MINUTES LATER THE INCIDENT HAS HAPPENED. COULDN'T STOP BECAUSE WAS RUSHING...

ALL THE SAME, GLORY BE TO GOD.
Re: Fighter Jet Pilot Rescued From Crash Site In Abuja (pictures) by FemiMaduka(m): 4:26pm On Sep 28, 2018
What about his co-pilot? Or the pilot from the other jet, since it was reported that there were two jets that crashed?

I have a feeling it could have gotten messier. Those relics could have well crashed on spectators on the day of celebration, or probably rammed into a civilian area within that general area.

The dude is also lucky it was a rehearsal, he didn't have to eject over northern Borno.
Re: Fighter Jet Pilot Rescued From Crash Site In Abuja (pictures) by incometeacher: 4:28pm On Sep 28, 2018
Fighter jets have the eject feature which helps the fighter pilots eject the aircraft when there's a problem. So thats why he isn't injured.
AVECDEO:

Re: Fighter Jet Pilot Rescued From Crash Site In Abuja (pictures) by harwokunle1236(m): 4:28pm On Sep 28, 2018
Thank God 4 saving ur life,If not because of God intervention If the man died like dat dey go mourn for 1 day n dat is all.iku to ye Lori e ooo
Re: Fighter Jet Pilot Rescued From Crash Site In Abuja (pictures) by begwong: 4:29pm On Sep 28, 2018
They should have crashed the fighter jets ✈ ✈ for Tiefnubu house since lifeless is in Yankee na. Maka why ❓
Re: Fighter Jet Pilot Rescued From Crash Site In Abuja (pictures) by vickylincon(m): 4:35pm On Sep 28, 2018
VeeVeeMyLuv:
the creatures you are describing are not humans but alliens
lols. But seriously, do you still this country overcoming this negative vibes one day?
Re: Fighter Jet Pilot Rescued From Crash Site In Abuja (pictures) by mechanics(m): 4:35pm On Sep 28, 2018
AVECDEO:

Sure.
Re: Fighter Jet Pilot Rescued From Crash Site In Abuja (pictures) by Nine2Five: 4:36pm On Sep 28, 2018
How to Leave a Job You Hate

If you hate your job, you might need to quit...So how do you go about it.

See details on how....

https://www.9to5.com.ng/2018/09/27/how-to-leave-a-job-you-hate/
Re: Fighter Jet Pilot Rescued From Crash Site In Abuja (pictures) by Nobody: 4:36pm On Sep 28, 2018
Arimokwusunday:

SINCERELY GOD IS MERCY... I WAS PRIVILEGE TO SEE THEM BEFORE THE CRASH. I WAS AT TRANSCORP HILTON WHEN THEY PASS. THEY WHERE ABOUT SEVEN PLAY TOGETHER. ONE BIG ONE AND SIX SMALLER ONES. BBEFORE REACHING MPAPE AFTER 5 MINUTES LATER THE INCIDENT HAS HAPPENED. COULDN'T STOP BECAUSE WAS RUSHING...

ALL THE SAME, GLORY BE TO GOD.
I thought it happened around kubwa Axis? Where u monitoring them with a binoculars?

1 Like

Re: Fighter Jet Pilot Rescued From Crash Site In Abuja (pictures) by mechanics(m): 4:36pm On Sep 28, 2018
denko:
Everything is wrong with this administration
We just have to keep praying.
Re: Fighter Jet Pilot Rescued From Crash Site In Abuja (pictures) by Jerrypolo(m): 4:39pm On Sep 28, 2018
TheShopKeeper:
...he is a hero and legend!!!

He's also a Star. We should all blow our Harp for him cos he's not Stout like people.

1 Like

Re: Fighter Jet Pilot Rescued From Crash Site In Abuja (pictures) by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 4:39pm On Sep 28, 2018
vickylincon:
lols. But seriously, do you still this country overcoming this negative vibes one day?
more pessimistic than optimistic, it is just like a camel passing through the eye of a needle

1 Like

Re: Fighter Jet Pilot Rescued From Crash Site In Abuja (pictures) by FarahAideed: 4:41pm On Sep 28, 2018
Shocked to know that ejector seats in those alphas still work
Re: Fighter Jet Pilot Rescued From Crash Site In Abuja (pictures) by Nobody: 4:41pm On Sep 28, 2018
Things do not get better naturally, positive change is engineered by the literate class. Now I see civilians rushing into bushes to rescue a military pilot, and one begs to ask where the professional and paid rescue service is at.

Two jets lost, and we need to pump out more crude oil to buy jets. What is most depressing is that the jets crashed during 'rehearsals' and I wonder if I can risk my life to watch the 'Live' performance on Independence Day.

What if the Jets crashed on that day into the sea of spectators.

Call me a persimist, but one thing is sure. There are more losses than gain in the last 4 years. Seems the management of our country is doing very great on the negative spectrum.
Re: Fighter Jet Pilot Rescued From Crash Site In Abuja (pictures) by stagger: 4:46pm On Sep 28, 2018
This pilot is gonna be grounded for a long time.
Re: Fighter Jet Pilot Rescued From Crash Site In Abuja (pictures) by adecz: 4:47pm On Sep 28, 2018
"Rescue" or arrested?? grin grin grin grin

Thank God for his life..
Re: Fighter Jet Pilot Rescued From Crash Site In Abuja (pictures) by FemiMaduka(m): 4:50pm On Sep 28, 2018
stagger:
This pilot is gonna be grounded for a long time.

Really? Why?
Re: Fighter Jet Pilot Rescued From Crash Site In Abuja (pictures) by Horus(m): 4:54pm On Sep 28, 2018
Re: Fighter Jet Pilot Rescued From Crash Site In Abuja (pictures) by TeetoEsq(m): 5:00pm On Sep 28, 2018
Inexperience is the prime cause of the crash...
Nigeria and ceremonial forces...
How can these set of pilots fight B/haram when they can't even do a common ceremonial parade without a crashed.... It's really a pity.

1 Like

Re: Fighter Jet Pilot Rescued From Crash Site In Abuja (pictures) by lordizak(m): 5:05pm On Sep 28, 2018
denko:
Everything is wrong with this administration
Thank God for this administration, our NAF is untrained. Blame Buhari less, he did not fly the jet.

1 Like

Re: Fighter Jet Pilot Rescued From Crash Site In Abuja (pictures) by lordizak(m): 5:07pm On Sep 28, 2018
Notice all the killings stopped as Osun election was approaching, immediately winner was declared, killings in Jos was in the news.
Re: Fighter Jet Pilot Rescued From Crash Site In Abuja (pictures) by Josh44s(m): 5:12pm On Sep 28, 2018
TheShopKeeper:
...he is a hero and legend!!!

You are more f00lish than the pilot who just gave us a national disgrace worldwide.

Re: Fighter Jet Pilot Rescued From Crash Site In Abuja (pictures) by eddy1212(m): 5:15pm On Sep 28, 2018
And its civilians that went to rescue him?SMH
Re: Fighter Jet Pilot Rescued From Crash Site In Abuja (pictures) by Nobody: 5:16pm On Sep 28, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
He ejected before the crash. Those up there typing like they've never seen such in Hollywood movies
don't mind them. Some of them are even blaming buhari grin
Re: Fighter Jet Pilot Rescued From Crash Site In Abuja (pictures) by Josh44s(m): 5:17pm On Sep 28, 2018
Jerrypolo:

He's also a Star. We should all blow our Harp for him cos he's not Stout like people.

Lmfao cheesy Ah swear the guy comment nor provoke u reach me bro. sometimes I ask myself why am in same country with certain people because their thinking faculty is beyond repair.

1 Like

Re: Fighter Jet Pilot Rescued From Crash Site In Abuja (pictures) by Naza25: 5:17pm On Sep 28, 2018
Very lucky him
Re: Fighter Jet Pilot Rescued From Crash Site In Abuja (pictures) by Nobody: 5:19pm On Sep 28, 2018
lofty900:
don't mind them. Some of them are even blaming buhari grin
Who is to blame?
Re: Fighter Jet Pilot Rescued From Crash Site In Abuja (pictures) by marticeus(m): 5:32pm On Sep 28, 2018
HERO indeed, hope you know the cost of that machine, it can settle salary of Osun and Benue workers. Please don't just annoy me, a proper investigation should be carried out immediately to ascertain the cause of it. Blames should be apportioned accordingly.
Re: Fighter Jet Pilot Rescued From Crash Site In Abuja (pictures) by PHILipu1(m): 5:36pm On Sep 28, 2018
Elexdallas:

Tell me why he is a hero,
Their carelessness caused the accident
Even US pilots do crash jets

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ini Edo Says She Hasn't Been Trying To Bleach, Shares Why She Has Been Depressed / Militants Vow To Kill Moslems & Burn Mosques If Boko Haram Kills Christians / Obaseki In Trouble: How APC Planned To Wrest Power From Him - PM News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.