Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,208 members, 7,811,566 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:44 PM

Governor Shettima Meets An Igbo Carpenter Working In Borno While On Tour - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Shettima Meets An Igbo Carpenter Working In Borno While On Tour (58203 Views)

The Crowd That Came To Vote In Borno While The Military Kept Watch (Photos) / Military Helicopter Goes Missing In Borno While Fighting Boko Haram / Igbo Quit Notice: Shettima Meets Arewa Youths In Abuja (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Shettima Meets An Igbo Carpenter Working In Borno While On Tour by dainformant(m): 2:37pm On Jul 01, 2017
Governor Kashim Shettima of Borno state has hailed Eze, an Igbo carpenter who works in Borno state. The governor who was on a tour within the state - revealed that the Igbo carpenter along with 25 other carpenters are currently working in one of the orphanage schools under construction in Maiduguri, Borno state capital... The governor gave the man some cash and encouraged him -telling him he's very proud of him.

Below is what the governor said;

This is the Nigeria of our dreams!

Eze is an Igbo man, a carpenter and a resident of Maiduguri who cannot speak Hausa or any of our local languages of the state.

Eze together with his team of 25 Igbo carpenters are currently working in one of our orphanage schools under construction at Baga Road bypass in Maiduguri.

I met them earlier this week and we are mightily proud of them.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/07/governor-shettima-gives-cash-to-igbo-carpenter-in-borno.html

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Governor Shettima Meets An Igbo Carpenter Working In Borno While On Tour by dainformant(m): 2:38pm On Jul 01, 2017

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Shettima Meets An Igbo Carpenter Working In Borno While On Tour by dainformant(m): 2:39pm On Jul 01, 2017
nice one

2 Likes

Re: Governor Shettima Meets An Igbo Carpenter Working In Borno While On Tour by SaulRazor: 2:40pm On Jul 01, 2017
He has just exposed their location for Boko Haram to come finish them off ..

183 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Governor Shettima Meets An Igbo Carpenter Working In Borno While On Tour by KahlDrogo(m): 2:45pm On Jul 01, 2017
SaulRazor:
He has just exposed their location for Boko Haram to come finish them off ..
cheesy

12 Likes

Re: Governor Shettima Meets An Igbo Carpenter Working In Borno While On Tour by laudate: 2:52pm On Jul 01, 2017
So we have Igbo carpenters, too??! Amazing! shocked Going by what their brothers reel out on NL, you would have thought every Igbo man was a big-time businessman with thousands of shops in Lagos, or a spare parts dealer raking in millions, while guys from other ethnic groups wallowed in poverty and laziness! I salute these Igbo carpenters. May no harm befall them, in Jesus name! cheesy Can I get an Amen from somebody?

252 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Governor Shettima Meets An Igbo Carpenter Working In Borno While On Tour by newyorks(m): 2:54pm On Jul 01, 2017
hw did this attract public attention biko nu? to the extent of appearing on nairaland.

what of this aboki man selling bobo, sweet nd acessories here, so we should snap him and post here.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Shettima Meets An Igbo Carpenter Working In Borno While On Tour by Agumbankembu: 2:57pm On Jul 01, 2017
laudate:
So we have Igbo carpenters, too??! Amazing! shocked Going by what their brothers reel out on NL, you would have thought every Igbo man was a big-time businessman with thousands of shops in Lagos, or a spare parts dealer raking in millions, while guys from other ethnic groups wallowed in poverty and laziness! I salute these Igbo carpenters. May no harm befall them, in Jesus name! cheesy Can I get an Amen from somebody?

Stop this, we have many artisans here who make it big too. There is a likelihood that this man have a space in a timber market down east here.
He is good that is why his services were required from East to Borno.

Carpentry is a huge work, so as furniture making.

May the ownership of this upholstery fall on you.

149 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Governor Shettima Meets An Igbo Carpenter Working In Borno While On Tour by DieBuhari: 2:59pm On Jul 01, 2017
laudate:
Who said there were no Igbo carpenters?

The way you guys boast no one would believe there are Yoruba youths hawking agbo and other poisonous herbs in the South East

203 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Governor Shettima Meets An Igbo Carpenter Working In Borno While On Tour by Gossiplover: 3:02pm On Jul 01, 2017
God bless the governor. ONE NIGERIA

3 Likes

Re: Governor Shettima Meets An Igbo Carpenter Working In Borno While On Tour by laudate: 3:03pm On Jul 01, 2017
Agumbankembu:
Stop this, we have many artisans here who make it big too. There is a likelihood that this man have a space in a timber market down east here. He is good that is why his services were required from East to Borno.

Carpentry is a huge work, so as furniture making.

May the ownership of this upholstery fall on you.

And there is also a strong likelihood that he does NOT have any timber shop anywhere, to speak of. undecided He is most likely just an honest, hardworking & gifted itinerant carpenter, who offers his skills to anyone who needs it. There is nothing to be ashamed of, when a man has a talent or engages in a legitimate craft, that puts food on his table, clothes on his back & allows him to take care of his family. There is dignity in all kinds of legitimate honest labour. It is only those with a deep seated complex that believe they must get rich quickly, or die trying. angry

DieBuhari:

The way you guys boast no one would believe there are Yoruba youths hawking agbo and other poisonous herbs in the South East
Well, you need to ask the Yoruba guys who think there are no agbo sellers in the Southeast. shocked How would I know about such things? Am I Yoruba?

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Shettima Meets An Igbo Carpenter Working In Borno While On Tour by Gossiplover: 3:04pm On Jul 01, 2017
When the Aboki man meets an Igbo governor, then it will attract attention. the governor is advocating for one Nigeria
newyorks:
hw did this attract public attention biko nu? to the extent of appearing on nairaland.

what of this aboki man selling bobo, sweet nd acessories here, so we should snap him and post here.

4 Likes

Re: Governor Shettima Meets An Igbo Carpenter Working In Borno While On Tour by feelgoodInc: 3:05pm On Jul 01, 2017
DieBuhari:

Lol they claim they can cure everything, just selling poison with no nafdac registration.

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Governor Shettima Meets An Igbo Carpenter Working In Borno While On Tour by veacea: 3:10pm On Jul 01, 2017
Okay
Re: Governor Shettima Meets An Igbo Carpenter Working In Borno While On Tour by burkingx(f): 3:10pm On Jul 01, 2017
cool

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Shettima Meets An Igbo Carpenter Working In Borno While On Tour by toyinjimoh(m): 3:10pm On Jul 01, 2017
One Nigeria
Re: Governor Shettima Meets An Igbo Carpenter Working In Borno While On Tour by Tastemoney(m): 3:11pm On Jul 01, 2017
laudate:

Is your sense paining u?

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Shettima Meets An Igbo Carpenter Working In Borno While On Tour by burkingx(f): 3:11pm On Jul 01, 2017
grin grin

Re: Governor Shettima Meets An Igbo Carpenter Working In Borno While On Tour by Abfinest007(m): 3:11pm On Jul 01, 2017
we touchdown everywhere I mean everywhere

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Shettima Meets An Igbo Carpenter Working In Borno While On Tour by EzeCanada: 3:12pm On Jul 01, 2017
Believe this show of foolishness at your own peril. Igbo's are no mugu's.

This same Governor would be the one to commandeer mob to fish and finish him off at the appointed time.

We know the masterminders of boko haram and plotters of Chibok girls drama. You would find one of them in video if you are of a discerning mind.

3 Likes

Re: Governor Shettima Meets An Igbo Carpenter Working In Borno While On Tour by itiswellandwell: 3:12pm On Jul 01, 2017
Hmmmmm
Re: Governor Shettima Meets An Igbo Carpenter Working In Borno While On Tour by Lanre4uonly(m): 3:12pm On Jul 01, 2017
That's good.
Re: Governor Shettima Meets An Igbo Carpenter Working In Borno While On Tour by Olukat(m): 3:12pm On Jul 01, 2017
So it's easy to identify them eeh! grin grin grin
My brother come home first o grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Governor Shettima Meets An Igbo Carpenter Working In Borno While On Tour by UbChapter(m): 3:13pm On Jul 01, 2017
Gossiplover:
God bless the governor. ONE NIGERIA

Are people still living in Borno?

2 Likes

Re: Governor Shettima Meets An Igbo Carpenter Working In Borno While On Tour by hammer6: 3:14pm On Jul 01, 2017
Very suspicious. Even their body languages is a give away.

Look at the way they were laughing whilst looking at the Gov.

Notice the Gov was not even smiling. Looking deadly serious. Something is up.

Singling igbos out everywhere.

This is certainly in preparation for Oct 1st.

3 Likes

Re: Governor Shettima Meets An Igbo Carpenter Working In Borno While On Tour by deepwater(f): 3:14pm On Jul 01, 2017
I Love the igbo people for the ability to sense how to make money.
They knew that part of the country was attacked and reconstruction would follow, they move in to start recon works to make cool cash.
Fortune truly favors the brave......

Saw on NTA the other day, one igbo man that sells donkey in sokoto, as in donkey!

I love their hustling spirit jor

17 Likes

Re: Governor Shettima Meets An Igbo Carpenter Working In Borno While On Tour by ivolt: 3:14pm On Jul 01, 2017
Kudos to the honest carpenter contributing to the growth of Nigeria
through legitimate work.

1 Like

Re: Governor Shettima Meets An Igbo Carpenter Working In Borno While On Tour by ExInferis(m): 3:15pm On Jul 01, 2017
newyorks:

Apparently the context completely went over your head.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Adamu Adamu To Replace Abba Kyari As Buhari’s Chief Of Staff - Sahara Reporters / Militants Vow To Kill Moslems & Burn Mosques If Boko Haram Kills Christians / Obaseki In Trouble: How APC Planned To Wrest Power From Him - PM News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.