Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,722 members, 7,809,750 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:14 PM

Pilot MB Baba-Ari Dies In NAF Aircraft Crash In Abuja (Photo) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pilot MB Baba-Ari Dies In NAF Aircraft Crash In Abuja (Photo) (84711 Views)

NAF Aircraft Crashes In Kaduna / Abuja Aircraft Crash: Names Of The Seven Personnel Released By Nigerian Air Forc / Pilot Bello Mohamed Baba-Ari Buried After NAF Plane Crash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pilot MB Baba-Ari Dies In NAF Aircraft Crash In Abuja (Photo) by CaptainFM1: 6:02pm On Sep 28, 2018
Imagine this stupid government planning airshow to celebrate independence day...,Ordinary N50K they cannot pay workers.
Re: Pilot MB Baba-Ari Dies In NAF Aircraft Crash In Abuja (Photo) by Nomswag: 6:02pm On Sep 28, 2018
which kind wahala be this... all this big toy when manage they fly(our so called fighter jets) , when nor dey fit to drop grenade go just they kill our brothers any how in the name of fighting for the nation ..RIP to the dead, my prayers are with his family.
Re: Pilot MB Baba-Ari Dies In NAF Aircraft Crash In Abuja (Photo) by Donmedrac: 6:03pm On Sep 28, 2018
Sirheny007:

It is foolhardy for one to waste his life for this country.
I swear
Re: Pilot MB Baba-Ari Dies In NAF Aircraft Crash In Abuja (Photo) by obailala(m): 6:04pm On Sep 28, 2018
It takes real bravery to fly those cannibalized equipment the NAF parades. A lot fine young NAF pilots have been lost over the years to non-combat related avoidable incidents like these. This is even more sad when you consider that the pilots actually ejected (as reported); like seriously, even after ejecting, how bad can the impact on the ground be for a person with a parachute?

5 Likes

Re: Pilot MB Baba-Ari Dies In NAF Aircraft Crash In Abuja (Photo) by mmadu5(m): 6:04pm On Sep 28, 2018
buhari thunder fire you , and your family . cursed old fool
Re: Pilot MB Baba-Ari Dies In NAF Aircraft Crash In Abuja (Photo) by maxzzo1(m): 6:05pm On Sep 28, 2018
Result of using scraps for stunt.....

1 Like

Re: Pilot MB Baba-Ari Dies In NAF Aircraft Crash In Abuja (Photo) by maofemi1: 6:05pm On Sep 28, 2018
It's quite unfortunate. May his gentle soul find favor in the sight of God and rest in peace
Re: Pilot MB Baba-Ari Dies In NAF Aircraft Crash In Abuja (Photo) by Almaiga: 6:07pm On Sep 28, 2018
RIP to this Galant Soldier.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pilot MB Baba-Ari Dies In NAF Aircraft Crash In Abuja (Photo) by edo3(m): 6:11pm On Sep 28, 2018
R. I. P great Burmese,, 55rc.. If u know u know.

1 Like

Re: Pilot MB Baba-Ari Dies In NAF Aircraft Crash In Abuja (Photo) by xxxtedyxxx(m): 6:13pm On Sep 28, 2018
even after ejection with parachute, he still died..cha I...
this country get k-leg
Re: Pilot MB Baba-Ari Dies In NAF Aircraft Crash In Abuja (Photo) by FemiMaduka(m): 6:14pm On Sep 28, 2018
ifymadu:
I’m trying to understand, he ejected and died as a result of complications from the impact of his hitting the ground. Is it the his parachute did not deploy or he wasn’t flying with any? Some deaths are avoidable, may his gentle soul rest in perfect peace. God bless Nigeria

Ejections are not always safe (especially at high Mach speeds). A lot of things could have happened ranging from the chutes failing to deploy, a pilot slamming his head against parts of the canopy structure upon exit, or a broken spine as a result of high G-forces acting against the body upon ejection - an awkward seating posture could lead to this, etc.

All these contribute to why ejections are last resort procedure.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pilot MB Baba-Ari Dies In NAF Aircraft Crash In Abuja (Photo) by Nobody: 6:15pm On Sep 28, 2018
RIP dear, may Almighty God console the people you left behind.
Re: Pilot MB Baba-Ari Dies In NAF Aircraft Crash In Abuja (Photo) by edo3(m): 6:15pm On Sep 28, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Why didn't he eject or why didn't his parachute deploy
Shii like this get people into serious mess in civilized nations!

P.s Am I the only who thinks he's too old to be flying a jet
He was a young chap,, he should be 33 there about.

3 Likes

Re: Pilot MB Baba-Ari Dies In NAF Aircraft Crash In Abuja (Photo) by ifymadu: 6:16pm On Sep 28, 2018
FemiMaduka:

Ejections are not always safe (especially at high Mach speeds). A lot of things could have happened ranging from the chutes failing to deploy, a pilot slamming his head against parts of the canopy structure upon exit, or a broken spine as a result of high G-forces acting against the body upon ejection - an awkward seating posture could lead to this, etc.

Thanks for the clarification

3 Likes

Re: Pilot MB Baba-Ari Dies In NAF Aircraft Crash In Abuja (Photo) by Stallion93(m): 6:16pm On Sep 28, 2018
Only in Nigeria a pilot will eject to escape from danger and still die. We are all doomed in this place
Re: Pilot MB Baba-Ari Dies In NAF Aircraft Crash In Abuja (Photo) by blackboy(m): 6:19pm On Sep 28, 2018
ifymadu:
I’m trying to understand, he ejected and died as a result of complications from the impact of his hitting the ground. Is it the his parachute did not deploy or he wasn’t flying with any? Some deaths are avoidable, may his gentle soul rest in perfect peace. God bless Nigeria
Eye witness account that his parachute did not work as in come out. God have mercy

1 Like

Re: Pilot MB Baba-Ari Dies In NAF Aircraft Crash In Abuja (Photo) by Dogalmighty17: 6:20pm On Sep 28, 2018
donkilidon:
such a handsome pilot....rest in peace hero

i do not know why the federal govt of Nigeria is still keeping old flying coffins and calling them aircraft.
all they do is embezzle the money and invest it in some other country....
very sad indeed

The f7 isn't an old craft. They are the newest platforms the Nigerian airforce has. We bought them brand new and they are less than 15 years in service. Yar Adua bought 12 of them, we've lost 9 so far to crashes like this.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pilot MB Baba-Ari Dies In NAF Aircraft Crash In Abuja (Photo) by ifymadu: 6:21pm On Sep 28, 2018
blackboy:
Eye witness account that his parachute did not work as in come out. God have mercy
Very painfull
Re: Pilot MB Baba-Ari Dies In NAF Aircraft Crash In Abuja (Photo) by jiorhemen(m): 6:21pm On Sep 28, 2018
squash47:
its so unfortunate he lost his life while serving a country where cows are valued more than humans...
on a different thought, who knows he maybe one of those employed based on connection without having the technical know how to fly a plane...
anyway RIP.
Don't let hatred becloud your reasoning capacity that God gave to you. There is no pilot in the Nigerian Air Force who didn't go through flight training before being allowed to go solo. How could you suggest someone who lacks flying skills would be given a fighter jet to fly

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pilot MB Baba-Ari Dies In NAF Aircraft Crash In Abuja (Photo) by vertueptime: 6:21pm On Sep 28, 2018
ifymadu:

May b he landed on pole wire, u knw say dem full katampe

1 Like

Re: Pilot MB Baba-Ari Dies In NAF Aircraft Crash In Abuja (Photo) by ifymadu: 6:22pm On Sep 28, 2018
vertueptime:

May b he landed on pole wire, u knw say dem full katampe
It is well

1 Like

Re: Pilot MB Baba-Ari Dies In NAF Aircraft Crash In Abuja (Photo) by Dogalmighty17: 6:24pm On Sep 28, 2018
ifymadu:

At the height this collision happened, his chute wouldn't have fully slowed his descent. Plus the force of ejection may have rendered him unconscious.

3 Likes

Re: Pilot MB Baba-Ari Dies In NAF Aircraft Crash In Abuja (Photo) by jiorhemen(m): 6:25pm On Sep 28, 2018
shakmati:

He had all it takes. I heard he was trained in the US.
He is talking from the position of ignorance. He doesn't even have to be trained in the US to be a proficient pilot. The NAF has a standard procedure for training its pilots before allowing them go solo. How could that poster suggest that someone who isn't qualified would be allowed to fly a fighter jet. If only people know how the NAF system works, they wouldn't be talking trash

1 Like

Re: Pilot MB Baba-Ari Dies In NAF Aircraft Crash In Abuja (Photo) by ifymadu: 6:26pm On Sep 28, 2018
Dogalmighty17:

At the height this collision happened, his chute wouldn't have fully slowed his descent. Plus the force of ejection may have rendered him unconscious.
Very true, may he rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: Pilot MB Baba-Ari Dies In NAF Aircraft Crash In Abuja (Photo) by GavelSlam: 6:26pm On Sep 28, 2018
May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Pilot MB Baba-Ari Dies In NAF Aircraft Crash In Abuja (Photo) by Nobody: 6:27pm On Sep 28, 2018
These guys can't handle these machines. Nigeria has an Air Force in name only.
Re: Pilot MB Baba-Ari Dies In NAF Aircraft Crash In Abuja (Photo) by ernieboy(m): 6:29pm On Sep 28, 2018
ifymadu:
same questions I was about asking.
Re: Pilot MB Baba-Ari Dies In NAF Aircraft Crash In Abuja (Photo) by toluwalopsy(f): 6:29pm On Sep 28, 2018
ifymadu:

His parachute did not deploy actually. I witnessed how the two jets collided and went up in flames, how others were able to escape and how he was unlucky. It was so unfortunate.

3 Likes

Re: Pilot MB Baba-Ari Dies In NAF Aircraft Crash In Abuja (Photo) by Jakumo(m): 6:30pm On Sep 28, 2018
squash47:
its so unfortunate he lost his life while serving a country where cows are valued more than humans...
on a different thought, who knows he maybe one of those employed based on connection without having the technical know how to fly a plane...
anyway RIP.

Tight formation aerial display flying often occurs very close to the ground, so the crowd can feel the earth-shaking thunder as the war-birds scream over armed to the teeth in fighting stance.

That spectacular close proximity to the ground, and to other aircraft in the display team, does on tragic occasion take the lives of seasoned aerobatic pilots worldwide, with Nigeria being no exception.

The more skilled the pilot, the more daring the aerobatics that may be put on display in an air show, and the more dire the risks, if
even the tiniest miscalculation directs the hand at the controls.

To the men and women flying into combat for the Nigerian armed forces, I commot my cap for you, and I throway my salute, brave warriors.

To those critical of Nigeria's reliance on cheap Chinese fighter jet aircraft, at least accord the pilots their due respect and gratitude, for those men are invariably the first to fly into harm's way aboard those bargain-basement ground-attack jets, yet rise to the challenge and give superb account of themselves in all theaters of war within and around Nigeria.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pilot MB Baba-Ari Dies In NAF Aircraft Crash In Abuja (Photo) by litaninja(m): 6:30pm On Sep 28, 2018
Lol!

You believe nigerian outdated jets do mach speeds?
The country failed them. They were rehearsing for an airshow for a country that has nothing to show at 58.

FemiMaduka:

1 Like

Re: Pilot MB Baba-Ari Dies In NAF Aircraft Crash In Abuja (Photo) by Dogalmighty17: 6:31pm On Sep 28, 2018
savio93:
Rip

And some people spoke about crashes when this whole so called practice began...
What could have caused the collision?
Where they high or they were listening to Osun Rerun result.
May his soul rest in peace.

While we still await the jets from USA, The few ones we have dey crash becaaise of one stupid independence celebration....
What are we celebratting sef

Getting into formation is tricky even for the best of pilots. They may have failed in communicating with each other properly or may have misunderstood themselves. Leading to one aircraft brushing another.
At the height and speed these Jets travel this can be exceedingly dangerous. The FDR if recovered, will yield more knowledge. Not that the air force will make it public though.
Re: Pilot MB Baba-Ari Dies In NAF Aircraft Crash In Abuja (Photo) by ifymadu: 6:33pm On Sep 28, 2018
toluwalopsy:

His parachute did not deploy actually. I witnessed how the two jets collided and went up in flames, how others were able to escape and how he was unlucky. It was so unfortunate.
Wow, thank God you guys on land were not affected. So unfortunate

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

This Is What Happens When You Cook In Antarctica At -70°C (Photos) / The 'Wickedest City On Earth' & Home To The Real Pirates Of The Caribbean (Pics) / Airline Removes Six Seats To Allow World's Tallest Woman Fly On Plane (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.