Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,701 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

Buhari: People Call Me "Baba Go Slow" Those Going Fast, Where Did They Go? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: People Call Me "Baba Go Slow" Those Going Fast, Where Did They Go? (36546 Views)

Reuters: Baba Go-fast? Nigeria's Tinubu Stuns Wary Investors With Quick Reforms / Buhari: If You Like, Call Me Baba Go Slow / Buhari: Why They Call Me Baba Go Slow & Why I'm Slow - Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari: People Call Me "Baba Go Slow" Those Going Fast, Where Did They Go? by raz0r: 8:35pm On Sep 28, 2018
FrostyButter:

The first sign of poverty is rudeness for no reason
Na everybody for Nairaland be your mate

70 percent sure I'm richer than you. Believe that grin
Re: Buhari: People Call Me "Baba Go Slow" Those Going Fast, Where Did They Go? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Sep 28, 2018
GSA01:
President Muhammadu Buhari will go down in history as one of the most slow President who has been able to deliver on some critical project with less noise..

if u can name one project dat was started and completed by Buhari I will call u the best man on this forum
Re: Buhari: People Call Me "Baba Go Slow" Those Going Fast, Where Did They Go? by Nellybii: 8:48pm On Sep 28, 2018
tstx:
LET'S KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE IN NIGERIA HATE BUHARI... (NOT DISLIKE, HATE)... like if you hate his guts, share if you love him

Thieves will always hate the Police.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: People Call Me "Baba Go Slow" Those Going Fast, Where Did They Go? by excomarow(m): 8:49pm On Sep 28, 2018
nijabazaar:

I suggest you take ur phallus and feed it to a rabid dog too. Thank you

Nonsense undecided
Re: Buhari: People Call Me "Baba Go Slow" Those Going Fast, Where Did They Go? by rottennaija(m): 8:50pm On Sep 28, 2018
TadM:
because you are from a rich home or somewhere you can sleep without paying house rent or eat free food , or you are with somebody who does yahoo. don't come and act like they is no problem o, even if you not all i mentioned up there , but you get money shall. fish #300 hardly before you go see for market, common spaghetti na #250 for house and kero #240 to cook the food, grandnut oil, tin tomatoes, pepper, and maggi i never add. now you know to cook 1 sachet spaghetti you need to hole #1000. bros abi babe i nor sure say you understand.

Bros, I am not of those. I struggle as everyone else, sometimes, I manage 500 for more than 4 days, other times, I prepare soup with 200 naira.

But I simply had realize that economic building is not a days affairs. I also realize that if the past government, from the military days till date had done well, we would not have been in this situation we see ourselves.

I have also realize that this is the first real attempt to reposition this country for great days.

In terms of survival, I don't depend on the system or the govt. My exposure has taught me that the system was rigged to favor only the elite. I struggle with my too hands and when my struggle pays off, it will be as a result of my sweat.

Cc:
Justinah4real
NOPET
amyzon
ShameOnAPC
FarahAideed
Festy4u
Re: Buhari: People Call Me "Baba Go Slow" Those Going Fast, Where Did They Go? by Ellixlimswag(m): 8:54pm On Sep 28, 2018
GSA01:
President Muhammadu Buhari will go down in history as one of the most slow President who has been able to deliver on some critical project with less noise..
which of the history abeg
Re: Buhari: People Call Me "Baba Go Slow" Those Going Fast, Where Did They Go? by WetinConsignMe: 9:13pm On Sep 28, 2018
eodavids:

Fast and consistency is the watch word of many successful persons. You are free to upgrade your thinking and upgrade your life.
Otherwise, remain dogmatically pessimistic.

You are entitled to the position of thought you chose.

"CHANGE YOUR THINKING, CHANGE YOUR LIFE" - Brian Tracy

Just think, if Naija had been slow and steady since the 60's think where we would be by now.
Slow and steady never loses.

What has Brian Tracy achieved? I'm very successful without ever reading his book. Trump never reads and he is president. Adeleke had f9s and he is senator. U, who read it, what have u achieved?
Re: Buhari: People Call Me "Baba Go Slow" Those Going Fast, Where Did They Go? by WetinConsignMe: 9:14pm On Sep 28, 2018
eodavids:

Fast and consistency is the watch word of many successful persons. You are free to upgrade your thinking and upgrade your life.
Otherwise, remain dogmatically pessimistic.

You are entitled to the position of thought you chose.

"CHANGE YOUR THINKING, CHANGE YOUR LIFE" - Brian Tracy

Just think, if Naija had been slow and steady since the 60's think where we would be by now.

What has Brian Tracy achieved? I'm very successful without ever reading his book. Trump never reads books and he is president. Adeleke had f9s and he is senator. U who read Brian Tracy, what have u achieved?
Re: Buhari: People Call Me "Baba Go Slow" Those Going Fast, Where Did They Go? by Nobody: 9:43pm On Sep 28, 2018
Those who were going fast have all gone to the other room... Mr Bubu pls ask Aisha to check the other room very well,incase you can't see clearly with ur glasses on
Re: Buhari: People Call Me "Baba Go Slow" Those Going Fast, Where Did They Go? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Sep 28, 2018
Cow ranch...hshahaha
otunde527:

Please name the projects
Re: Buhari: People Call Me "Baba Go Slow" Those Going Fast, Where Did They Go? by fareed69(m): 9:59pm On Sep 28, 2018
cdqyehyeh:
And dos who calls him lifeless wea is dea life nw

He is still your President.

Take it or leave it.
Re: Buhari: People Call Me "Baba Go Slow" Those Going Fast, Where Did They Go? by OneManLegion(m): 10:43pm On Sep 28, 2018
FrostyButter:

The first sign of poverty is rudeness for no reason

But you are guilty of same.
Re: Buhari: People Call Me "Baba Go Slow" Those Going Fast, Where Did They Go? by lereinter(m): 10:51pm On Sep 28, 2018
curses

Re: Buhari: People Call Me "Baba Go Slow" Those Going Fast, Where Did They Go? by jojothaiv(m): 11:10pm On Sep 28, 2018
Well, i don't have much to say but what is this?

Re: Buhari: People Call Me "Baba Go Slow" Those Going Fast, Where Did They Go? by highbeekeys(m): 11:22pm On Sep 28, 2018
nijabazaar:
Lifeless, Rabbit-fuvker...

I am so boiling with hate for this man.

I was kinda hoping that pvc will get him off our backs but with what happened in Osun. We are indeed hopeless..
Hate him or love him, he's better than whoever the opposition is presenting come 2019. you'll just kill yasef. As if you'll do any better if you were president.
shior.
Re: Buhari: People Call Me "Baba Go Slow" Those Going Fast, Where Did They Go? by nijabazaar: 11:24pm On Sep 28, 2018
highbeekeys:

Hate him or love him, he's better than whoever the opposition is presenting come 2019. you'll just kill yasef. As if you'll do any better if you were president.
shior.

I tell you. A twenty something is a whole lot better than an ascetic 90'something near to-the-grave-Man
Re: Buhari: People Call Me "Baba Go Slow" Those Going Fast, Where Did They Go? by Gerrard59(m): 11:51pm On Sep 28, 2018
AreaFada2:

(1) a policy to ensure sustainable and stable electricity within 3 years. If it means massive investment in solar systems or wind energy so be it. No need to build dams that take years. SMS business will thrive.

(2) 0% corporation tax on new foreign and local companies employing at leat 200 Nigerians or any chosen figure as long as all staff earn minimum 75k or any such figure each monthly.

(3) compulsory birth registration within 90 days of birth with 7500 Naira incentive or a fine of 7500 Naira for failure. And compulsory biometric registration of all Nigerians within a year or severe sanctions. So that we know how many people the country needs to plan for. With time we can even turn voting into a remote one using finger print and iris match. We can even pioneer something with it.

(4) Get experts from a commonwealth country like Canada or Australia or Singapore (not UK) that managed to advance in a fairly short time to help study and review our industrial policy to proffer sustainable solutions because we clearly lack that expertise.

These are doable things within years. In just over a decade the results will positively shape our economy.

Only someone with a sense of urgency can do these and other things.

Area,

Why not the UK? What about non-Commonwealth nations like Japan and South Korea?
Re: Buhari: People Call Me "Baba Go Slow" Those Going Fast, Where Did They Go? by AreaFada2: 12:04am On Sep 29, 2018
Gerrard59:

Area,

Why not the UK? What about non-Commonwealth nations like Japan and South Korea?

Well UK will not be perceived as impartial enough as former colonial masters. UK have a very soft spot for the North for example. Industrial revolution also began in the UK, so they have had the longest time for their economy to evolve. Whereas Singapore, Canada, Australia & New Zealand have grown/developed more rapidly. So we can emulate them while factoring in our culture and peculiarities.

We also share a common language & some aspects of British colonial legacy with the aforementioned countries. So a certain "camaraderie" and common outlook can be expected. We already have certain cultural affiliations and agreements under the auspices of Commonwealth.

It doesn't mean we cannot make use of Japanese, Korean, Chinese or German technical assistance if needs be.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari: People Call Me "Baba Go Slow" Those Going Fast, Where Did They Go? by gozie112(m): 12:17am On Sep 29, 2018
FrostyButter:
No one calls him baba go slow... His name is Lifeless angry
wtf...bro u went too savagery

Re: Buhari: People Call Me "Baba Go Slow" Those Going Fast, Where Did They Go? by FrostyButter: 1:18am On Sep 29, 2018
raz0r:
Na everybody for Nairaland be your mate

70 percent sure I'm richer than you. Believe that grin

My words really pained you that you had to sit on your wooden chair to reply me with your phony statistics on your Nokia c5.

Add that to other jokes you can tell yourself... Bye boy.
Re: Buhari: People Call Me "Baba Go Slow" Those Going Fast, Where Did They Go? by atobs4real(m): 5:57am On Sep 29, 2018
nijabazaar:

I was kinda hoping that pvc will get him off our backs but with what happened in Osun. We are indeed hopeless..
Then commit suicide.
Re: Buhari: People Call Me "Baba Go Slow" Those Going Fast, Where Did They Go? by McBrooklyn(m): 7:06am On Sep 29, 2018
grin grin
Re: Buhari: People Call Me "Baba Go Slow" Those Going Fast, Where Did They Go? by nijabazaar: 7:10am On Sep 29, 2018
atobs4real:

Then commit suicide.

Do that before me...
Re: Buhari: People Call Me "Baba Go Slow" Those Going Fast, Where Did They Go? by MightySparrow: 7:28am On Sep 29, 2018
nijabazaar:

HOW can a lifeless person make you hopeless?
Re: Buhari: People Call Me "Baba Go Slow" Those Going Fast, Where Did They Go? by eodavids(m): 8:26am On Sep 29, 2018
WetinConsignMe:

What has Brian Tracy achieved? I'm very successful without ever reading his book. Trump never reads books and he is president. Adeleke had f9s and he is senator. U who read Brian Tracy, what have u achieved?

You make too much noise. An evidence of emptiness. You said it yourself, you have not been reading.

Please, it is not yet late. Except you read, you will remain empty and keep making too much noise.
Re: Buhari: People Call Me "Baba Go Slow" Those Going Fast, Where Did They Go? by amyzon: 11:23am On Sep 29, 2018
rottennaija:

Bros, I am not of those. I struggle as everyone else, sometimes, I manage 500 for more than 4 days, other times, I prepare soup with 200 naira.

But I simply had realize that economic building is not a days affairs. I also realize that if the past government, from the military days till date had done well, we would not have been in this situation we see ourselves.

I have also realize that this is the first real attempt to reposition this country for great days.

In terms of survival, I don't depend on the system or the govt. My exposure has taught me that the system was rigged to favor only the elite. I struggle with my too hands and when my struggle pays off, it will be as a result of my sweat.

Cc:
Justinah4real
NOPET
amyzon
ShameOnAPC
FarahAideed
Festy4u

Pls explain to me what you saw that made you think we are in the right track, cos I can't see it
Re: Buhari: People Call Me "Baba Go Slow" Those Going Fast, Where Did They Go? by WetinConsignMe: 1:13pm On Sep 29, 2018
eodavids:

You make too much noise. An evidence of emptiness. You said it yourself, you have not been reading.

Please, it is not yet late. Except you read, you will remain empty and keep making too much noise.

There is a difference between making noise and raising solid points with collaborating examples.
Read our two posts and you'll see for yourself the one making empty noise is YOU!
Re: Buhari: People Call Me "Baba Go Slow" Those Going Fast, Where Did They Go? by atobs4real(m): 4:49pm On Sep 29, 2018
nijabazaar:

Do that before me...
Dead man talking like....
Re: Buhari: People Call Me "Baba Go Slow" Those Going Fast, Where Did They Go? by bejeria101(m): 5:38pm On Sep 29, 2018
They left you behind when all you did was stare at cow asshol.es
Re: Buhari: People Call Me "Baba Go Slow" Those Going Fast, Where Did They Go? by nijabazaar: 7:04pm On Sep 29, 2018
atobs4real:

Dead man talking like....

Do me a great favour.... Laff
Re: Buhari: People Call Me "Baba Go Slow" Those Going Fast, Where Did They Go? by rottennaija(m): 3:47pm On Nov 28, 2018
amyzon:

Pls explain to me what you saw that made you think we are in the right track, cos I can't see it

I want to respond to this, it has quite taken a while, I am sorry. We have economic problems, we lack good qualities road, rail ways, sea ports, water transport, power etc. We are have never been great before, Nigeria has never worked before. Corruption individuals, politicians, businesses etc.

For Nigeria to have a good economy and for the citizens to feel the impacts, inflation will have to be low, we need to have rail ways, good roads, sea transport, seaport. Good railway system is very important for movement of good and services fro one location to another. It will not only be fast, cost of goods will be low. (Leading to low inflation)

Nigeria needs to produce more and consume, export more than they import. However, it has never happened and its not something you achieve even in 8 years. It takes consistent, thoughtful and serious effort on the part of succeeding government to achieve those.

why am I mentioning all of this, because a see a real effort on the part the PMB led federal government in this regards. We are complaining of high cost of food items, without a working rail system, food will always be high, that is why they put serious effort on rails, because they understand how it works and its ripple effect on other items.

on power, i see serious works on it. Transmission and generating capacity is said to be 7000MW, however, distribution capacity is still very low. Please do not misunderstand me, even if we can generate, transmit and distribute the 7000MW of electricity, we cannot still attain 24/7 electricity. why? because Nigeria population is more than the power generated. we would have to generate at least 20000MW to feel the effect of constant power supply.

What has PMB's govt done in this regard, they are so many power plant under construction as we at now, some of these were conceived more than 30 years ago, but it had been ignored all the while. eg 3030MW mambilla power plant. You can google for ongoing power projects in the country started during this administration.

in the area of food production, PMB's govt, from its coming to power has been encouraging nigerians to go back to farming. We cannot only depend on crude oil, we need to have enough and even export. Besides, crude export may not save us for quite sometime.

These are just some of the things i saw and i believe we are on the right track. I am not in anyway saying that they are best or have met my expectations, but if they keep going the way they are, we will get there. But time will pass
Re: Buhari: People Call Me "Baba Go Slow" Those Going Fast, Where Did They Go? by orisa37: 4:49pm On Nov 28, 2018
Elder's Thoughts. If they are not true in the morning, they come up true in the evening.
Go democratically focussed, slow and steady.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Muhammad, Ganduje's Son Leads Over 1 Million To March For Tinubu In Kano / Senator Nuhu Aliyu Is Dead / Why APC Lost Zamfara To PDP – Shehu Sani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.