Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,685 members, 7,844,249 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

Falconets Depart For U-20 Women’s Wc - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Falconets Depart For U-20 Women’s Wc (3329 Views)

Nigeria Vs Germany (0 - 1): FIFA U-20 Women WC Final On 8th August 2014 / Nigeria Vs Korea DPR (6 - 2) FIFA U-20 Women's WC Semi Final On Wed 20th August / Nigeria V Japan (1 - 2) U-20 Women WC 3rd Place On 8th Sept 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Falconets Depart For U-20 Women’s Wc by Pharoh: 4:44pm On Jul 14, 2010
Oparanozie pegs England back

Nigeria deservedly took a point from England in Augsburg as the teams began their campaign in Group C of the FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup Germany 2010 by battling to a 1-1 draw.

In a physical encounter, England found the sweltering conditions tough going and that enabled the African nation – who are regulars at this event – to finish strongly.

The early exchanges saw Jane Moore go close for Mo Marley's side while Nigeria preferred to rely on their strong defence and counter-attack. In the 25th minute Esther Sunday had a great opportunity as the ball came back to her in the area but goalkeeper Rebecca Spencer was equal to it. It signalled a bout of Nigeria pressure with Desire Oparanozie failing to convert and Glory Iroka coming close.

But just as Nigeria seemed to be getting on top, England took the lead. Jordan Nobbs was put through for a one-on-one with goalkeeper Alaba Jonathan but defender Osinachi Ohale was able to clear. The danger hadn't passed however with Kerys Harrop's header at the back post exploiting a mistake by the keeper.

There were chances for Oparanozie and Ebere Orji at the start of the second half as Nigeria really began to press, two great Oparanozie runs failing to bring the scores level. However the pressure was bound to tell eventually and on the hour came a deserved equalizer for Adat Egan´s team. This time the surge came from Orji and from her centre, Oparanozie shot towards goal. Spencer got a hand to it but couldn't prevent the ball rolling over the line.

After that Nigeria looked the more likely winners but England stayed disciplined in defence. Always, though, with a close eye on the dangerous Oparanozie.

With a point apiece, both teams will be looking for a maximum haul in their next outing when England take on Mexico while Nigeria face Japan. Both games are on Saturday in Augsburg.

http://www.fifa.com/u20womensworldcup/matches/round=253537/match=300125158/summary.html
Re: Falconets Depart For U-20 Women’s Wc by Pharoh: 4:49pm On Jul 14, 2010
Here is the highlight, men those girls are fast oooo shocked grin

[flash=400,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GmP96GVDjY[/flash]
Re: Falconets Depart For U-20 Women’s Wc by mamagee3(f): 8:10pm On Jul 14, 2010
^^I personally think they should add Yakubu in the team.

At least, we all know he has the skills of a female footballer, I think he would perform well and probably come back with the Golden Ball this time.
Re: Falconets Depart For U-20 Women’s Wc by SSaemoenl(m): 8:40pm On Jul 14, 2010
mama-gee:

^^I personally think they should add Yakubu in the team.

At least, we all know he has the skills of a female footballer, I think he would perform well and probably come back with the Golden Ball this time.

The Mama, We hope u will lead us as the female analysis in this tournament,
Re: Falconets Depart For U-20 Women’s Wc by mamagee3(f): 8:41pm On Jul 14, 2010
SSaemoenl:

The Mama, We hope u will lead us as the female analysis in this tournament,
Nah! I don't think I would be happy taking someone's position.

Yakubu would help. . .he's got the talent. grin grin
Re: Falconets Depart For U-20 Women’s Wc by SSaemoenl(m): 8:46pm On Jul 14, 2010
mama-gee:

Nah! I don't think I would be happy taking someone's position.

Yakubu would help. . .he's got the talent. grin grin

Noooooo! U partake actively in men's tournament, why rejecting the offer?, I search for your comments after the game, but to alas. cheesy
Re: Falconets Depart For U-20 Women’s Wc by mamagee3(f): 9:04pm On Jul 14, 2010
^^Yakubu plays like a woman so why shouldn't he get the opportunity to participate in women's match?

I think he would do great. grin grin
Re: Falconets Depart For U-20 Women’s Wc by FBS: 8:02am On Jul 15, 2010
Oh Desire. . .oh Desire!!! grin

God job girls.
Re: Falconets Depart For U-20 Women’s Wc by Pharoh: 9:01am On Jul 15, 2010
USA VS GHANA 1:1

[flash=400,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMOIYwGjeu8[/flash]
Re: Falconets Depart For U-20 Women’s Wc by mamagee3(f): 7:34pm On Jul 15, 2010
^^Where do you watch the games?

I can't watch it on my television.
Re: Falconets Depart For U-20 Women’s Wc by SSaemoenl(m): 7:36pm On Jul 15, 2010
^^^
Then throw away dat your stuff MAMA.  grin

U can still get some here www.ustream.tv
Re: Falconets Depart For U-20 Women’s Wc by mamagee3(f): 8:53pm On Jul 15, 2010
^^I want the channel not the link to watching it online.

What time do the matches begin?
Re: Falconets Depart For U-20 Women’s Wc by SSaemoenl(m): 9:27pm On Jul 15, 2010
^^^ Am watching the games with EUROSPORTS HD here in Italy, i dont know ur zone Mama,
And here is the time zone of the matches, ie, in (Germany/Italy time zone) +2 gmt, http://www.fifa.com/u20womensworldcup/matches/index.html
Re: Falconets Depart For U-20 Women’s Wc by Bialegend(m): 11:44pm On Jul 15, 2010
Why is this called nigeria national team instead of BIAFRAN national team?

NGA
(GK) Alaba JONATHAN 1
Martina OHADUGHA 4
Esther SUNDAY 7
Ebere ORJI 8
Desire OPARANOZIE 9
Rebecca KALU 10
Glory IROKA 11
Soo ADEKWAGH 14
(C) Joy JEGEDE 15
Helen UKAONU 17
Osinachi OHALE 20
Re: Falconets Depart For U-20 Women’s Wc by mamagee3(f): 11:59pm On Jul 15, 2010
^^It's quite unfortunate that no one has fought for our independence.

We are stuck in that country called Nigeria. angry angry
Re: Falconets Depart For U-20 Women’s Wc by OgidiBoy(m): 12:05am On Jul 16, 2010
Bialegend:

Why is this called nigeria national team instead of BIAFRAN national team?

NGA
(GK) Alaba JONATHAN 1
Martina OHADUGHA 4
Esther SUNDAY 7
Ebere ORJI 8
Desire OPARANOZIE 9
Rebecca KALU 10
Glory IROKA 11
Soo ADEKWAGH 14
(C) Joy JEGEDE 15
Helen UKAONU 17
Osinachi OHALE 20

Is that why they girls are so muscular lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Falconets Depart For U-20 Women’s Wc by mamagee3(f): 12:07am On Jul 16, 2010
^^Are they muscular?
Re: Falconets Depart For U-20 Women’s Wc by Bialegend(m): 12:15am On Jul 16, 2010
OgidiBoy:

Is that why they girls are so muscular lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Do you mean those pretty Biafran sisters?
Re: Falconets Depart For U-20 Women’s Wc by OgidiBoy(m): 12:22am On Jul 16, 2010
mama-gee:

^^Are they muscular?

Yes oooh, I saw them on ESPN2 the other day. You can watch the games on ESPN2 or ESPN3

Bialegend:

Do you mean those pretty Biafran sisters?

If bulky muscular girls are your thing then go for it my brother. grin lipsrsealed
Re: Falconets Depart For U-20 Women’s Wc by Bialegend(m): 12:29am On Jul 16, 2010
OgidiBoy:

Yes oooh, I saw them on ESPN2 the other day. You can watch the games on ESPN2 or ESPN3

If bulky muscular girls are your thing then go for it my brother. grin lipsrsealed

Dem Biafran sisters rules. Which ever way you want it.
Re: Falconets Depart For U-20 Women’s Wc by Pharoh: 2:07pm On Jul 17, 2010
Goal for nigeria 1 - 0 Japan.
Re: Falconets Depart For U-20 Women’s Wc by Pharoh: 2:14pm On Jul 17, 2010
Now 2 -0 grin
Re: Falconets Depart For U-20 Women’s Wc by Pharoh: 2:25pm On Jul 17, 2010
Goallllll for ghana 1 -0 Korea

I am loving these african teams lol. cool
Re: Falconets Depart For U-20 Women’s Wc by Pharoh: 2:39pm On Jul 17, 2010
Ghana 1 - Korea 1  angry

That was offside referee  angry  angry

This ghana team dey loose goal too much ooo sad
Re: Falconets Depart For U-20 Women’s Wc by mamagee3(f): 11:01pm On Jul 17, 2010
^^This is really funny.

Ghanian male team are very good while the women are so poor in performing.

Same goes for Nigeria, the male team is wack while the female team are so much better.
Re: Falconets Depart For U-20 Women’s Wc by Pharoh: 1:59am On Jul 18, 2010
^^

You are right but i think this female team from ghana is quite good but they somehow lack concentration and experience. They are highly motivated but lack finishing upfront and as for Nigeria i think we are good in every department especially our youth teams. Don't use the super eagles to judge the other male teams because we do well at the U17, U20 and Olympic level.

Have you been able to watch the matches from www.fifa.com?
Re: Falconets Depart For U-20 Women’s Wc by mamagee3(f): 8:38pm On Jul 19, 2010
^^Ghanian female players are crap!

They are ranking the lowest in their group.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ronaldinho: Biggest Flop / N1.4bn Scandal: Efcc Discovers $6m, N144m In Nff’s Accounts / 4 Reasons Why Teslim Balogun Will Always Be A Nigerian Legend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.