Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,222 members, 7,957,512 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 01:52 PM

APC Disrespect Christians For Fixing Party Primaries On Sunday - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Disrespect Christians For Fixing Party Primaries On Sunday (2752 Views)

Breaking: Zamfra State APC Primaries On Going / Party Primaries: NANS Disassociate Itself From Babajide Sanwo-olu / Remi Tinubu's Ordination As RCCG Pastor, APC Plot To Capture Christians For 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Disrespect Christians For Fixing Party Primaries On Sunday by Reader530(m): 3:59am On Sep 29, 2018
Niorte:

Just being analytical. I'm referring to the leadership of APC and not the person of Tinubu or Fashola.

Ambode is a Christian
Sanwo-Olu is a Muslim
Hamzat is a Muslim

Why should primary hold on a religious day. That is not fair to Ambode.

If the people reject Ambode, no problem but putting him at a disadvantage by the system is unfair.

There is always the law of diminishing return.

Is Sanwo Olu a Muslim?
Re: APC Disrespect Christians For Fixing Party Primaries On Sunday by Niorte: 6:27am On Sep 29, 2018
abes:

If 5th of October is on Friday, how did 6th of October become a Sunday?

I will advise you to go back to nursery 2 to learn the days of the week properly.

You're welcome.

Observe and read carefully, September 30 is Gubernatorial primaries. September 30 is on Sunday.

3 Likes

Re: APC Disrespect Christians For Fixing Party Primaries On Sunday by Niorte: 6:43am On Sep 29, 2018
Shukuakukobambi:

You don't know the definition of the word "petty"

1 Like

Re: APC Disrespect Christians For Fixing Party Primaries On Sunday by abes(m): 6:47am On Sep 29, 2018
Niorte:

Observe and read carefully, September 30 is Gubernatorial primaries. September 30 is on Sunday.

My bad, I honestly didn't see the first date.

But October 1 which is on Monday is independence day, do you expect them to fix the primary on that day?

I believe October 5 which is on Friday is meant for delegates and members to travel Abuja for the Presidential primary which is on Saturday.

The first four primaries are to be held at state level locations while the last is to be held in Abuja.

If the last primary is fixed on October 5 which is on Friday, how do you expect all delegates to travel from around the country to Abuja for the Presidential primary?
Re: APC Disrespect Christians For Fixing Party Primaries On Sunday by KenOne: 6:57am On Sep 29, 2018
Niorte:
Christians need to be weary of this religious biased party called APC. I know some Christians may not share in this view but Lagos APC is religiously biased. The National Leader, Senator Tinubu who is a muslim was Governor of Lagos state for 8 years. Babatunde Raji Fashola, another Muslim governed Lagos for 8 Years. Now it is the turn of a Christian, they do not want Governor Akinwumi Ambode to complete his 8 years.

Christians have been inactive and naive in politics. To make matter worse, APC fixed Primaries on a Sunday when the Christians would be out for their religious services. I am very certain, the Muslim and MURIC would have cried out if such event was fixed for Friday.

This date was simply to prevent some Christians in the party to exercise their franchise and support governor Akinwumi Ambode. The date show lack of respect and sensitivity to the Christians day of worship. Il

Must we always have the Muslims rule Lagos? Even though Governor Akinwumi Ambode has not in anyway favour the Christians in his appointments. In fact, he made a blunder concerning the priest he sent out of government house. We, as Christians, must look beyond that.

If APC is not biased to the Christians, why should they fixed the primaries on a Sunday?

See the rescheduled dates for other offices, observe that FRIDAY WAS LEFT OUT!

The National Working Committee (NWC) has rescheduled the Governorship Primary Election to 30th September, 2018.

Subsequent elections are unchanged and as follows:

2nd October, 2018 – Senate Primary Elections
3rd October, 2018 – House of Representatives Primary Elections
4th October, 2018 – State House of Assembly Primary Elections

WHAT HAPPENS TO 5TH OCTOBER, 2018 - NO ELECTION BECAUSE IT IS FRIDAY!

6th October, 2018 – National Convention (Presidential)
SIGNED:

Mr. Yekini Nabena

Ag. National Publicity Secretary

Who is this person as usual always deceiving the gullible Igbos. Is PDP governorship primaries not on Sunday too?

APC beats PDP on its own game initially APC governorship primaries was to hold today Saturday but PDP stylishly fixed theirs tomorrow Sunday to harvest agriefed APC members that will lose today and hand them ticket.

But APC moved its own primaries to Sunday same day with PDP.

Come and harvest agriefed APC members you regional party.

3 Likes

Re: APC Disrespect Christians For Fixing Party Primaries On Sunday by abes(m): 6:59am On Sep 29, 2018
I still don't what know what's unusual about fixing an event on Sundays, elections were held on a Sunday before now.

Even the PDP Primary will hold on 30 September which is the same day/Sunday the OP kicking against.

Is it a crime if APC does it?

1 Like

Re: APC Disrespect Christians For Fixing Party Primaries On Sunday by Niorte: 7:09am On Sep 29, 2018
abes:
I still don't what know what's unusual about fixing an event on Sundays, elections were held on a Sunday before now.

Even the PDP Primary will hold on 30 September which is the same day/Sunday the OP kicking against.

Is it a crime if APC does it?

You admitted not seeing the September 30th date yet you went further to defend their choice. What happens to September 29th? Why can't they fixed the Presidential Primaries for Sunday. Fact is Nigeria is a very religious country and a party that mean good must put this into cognisance.

I hate it when people keep comparing APC to PDP.....PDP was voted out because their shortcomings.... Yet APC are plying same route and do not want to be condemned!

You have to be different to make a difference!

2 Likes

Re: APC Disrespect Christians For Fixing Party Primaries On Sunday by heryur(m): 7:32am On Sep 29, 2018
Op if you are a member of the APC i think you should have raise the issue at the party meeting and not come on line to create unnecessary argument. I'm very sure if the date fixed for the primary doesn't go well with the muslim/christian/traditional worshiper in the party they would have voice out before now.
If i may ask is the party chairman not a christian?
Re: APC Disrespect Christians For Fixing Party Primaries On Sunday by abes(m): 7:35am On Sep 29, 2018
Niorte:

You admitted not seeing the September 30th date yet you went further to defend their choice. What happens to September 29th? Why can't they fixed the Presidential Primaries for Sunday. Fact is Nigeria is a very religious country and a party that mean good must put this into cognisance.

I hate it when people keep comparing APC to PDP.....PDP was voted out because their shortcomings.... Yet APC are plying same route and do not want to be condemned!

You are not making any sense.
Nobody is forcing you not to go church, it is your choice as a church goer. But you cannot force a non-religious organisation not to fix its events on any particular day of week.

Refrain from mixing religion and politics.

1 Like

Re: APC Disrespect Christians For Fixing Party Primaries On Sunday by Niorte: 8:29am On Sep 29, 2018
abes:

You are not making any sense.
Nobody is forcing you not to go church, it is your choice as a church goer. But you cannot force a non-religious organisation not to fix its events on any particular day of week.

Refrain from mixing religion and politics.
You are certainly naive to think politics can survive without religion. If I may ask, why the Muslim-Christian ticket? Why not Muslim-Muslim ticket or Christian-Christian ticket.

Nigerians are very sensitive to religion. This may not happen in other countries but here in Nigeria, it is evident. Why do politicians want to identify with Muslims celebrations and Christians gathering? It is to boost their political ambition.

Let APC field Muslim-Muslim ticket in Lagos and let's watch how it goes.

1 Like

Re: APC Disrespect Christians For Fixing Party Primaries On Sunday by abes(m): 8:37am On Sep 29, 2018
Niorte:

You are certainly naive to think politics can survive without religion. If I may ask, why the Muslim-Christian ticket? Why not Muslim-Muslim ticket or Christian-Christian ticket.

Nigerians are very sensitive to religion. This may not happen in other countries but here in Nigeria, it is evident. Why do politicians want to identify with Muslims celebrations and Christians gathering? It is to boost their political ambition.

Let APC field Muslim-Muslim ticket in Lagos and let's watch how it goes.

The point I'm making is there is nothing unusual in fixing a non-religious event on a Sunday, everybody does it, why should APC be different?

Have a nice day.

1 Like

Re: APC Disrespect Christians For Fixing Party Primaries On Sunday by edemsimeon: 8:55am On Sep 29, 2018
IS AN ISLAMIC PARTY WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT.
Re: APC Disrespect Christians For Fixing Party Primaries On Sunday by Bahddo(m): 9:36am On Sep 29, 2018
No true Christian engages in this dirty Nigerian politics in the first place.
Re: APC Disrespect Christians For Fixing Party Primaries On Sunday by Shukuakukobambi: 9:46am On Sep 29, 2018
Niorte:

So now that he has told you that PDP were the first to fix their own primaries for Sunday, when are you going to open the thread to ask why they want to islamise Nigeria?

Since APC and PDP have shown they hate Christians, which Party are you advocating for? Kowa or APGA?

1 Like

Re: APC Disrespect Christians For Fixing Party Primaries On Sunday by dyydxx: 10:01am On Sep 29, 2018
I think the O.P is naively misled.

The last person that will be a bigot is neither Tinubu or Fashola whose wives are both christians. Besides this is Southwest where Muslims and Christians mix freely without prejudice or sense of fear. I'm a christian, my uncle is a muslim and we interact well and respect each others views.

whatever date was chosen by the NWC, infact it was recently moved to tell you that's not the initial date chosen, also it is set by the NWC which means from Abuja so it's in the overall interest of all participants.

We need to practice Unity and Tolerance in our views and stop this parochial tribal thinking that leads us nowhere

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Disrespect Christians For Fixing Party Primaries On Sunday by Quality20(m): 10:29am On Sep 29, 2018
Then PDP is also bias for fixing theirs on Sunday too.
d op is either mischievous or naive about politics.Politics thrives on tricks and deception, APC moved its primaries to Sunday so PDP won't take advantage or be at an advantage

1 Like

Re: APC Disrespect Christians For Fixing Party Primaries On Sunday by medoplus(m): 10:50am On Sep 29, 2018
I can see that the OP is been sentimental with his talk... Firstly, it was pdp that fixed its governorship primaries on Sunday in order to checkmate apc... But apc beat them to their game by shifting there's to sunday too

Secondary 5th of Oct which is Friday is meant for all delegates to travel to abuja for the national convention. You can't expect them to finish state level primaries on Thursday and still travel on Thursday again for presidential primaries in abuja on Friday... If you're very familiar with primary elections, you'll know that there's always a minimum of 1 day interval between the presidential and state level primaries

Thirdly, there are some Christians that go to church on Saturday and not Sunday. And some party members belong to such groups... So because of that political parties should leave Saturdays out for them to consider....

So op don't bring disunity here on the basis of religion...

1 Like

Re: APC Disrespect Christians For Fixing Party Primaries On Sunday by idu1(m): 10:57am On Sep 29, 2018
Beremx:
I disagree with you. I don't think the primaries has a religious undertone. The last politician that will be a religious bigot is Tinubu or even Fashola.

Ambode is gone! I hope he's compensated with a federal appointment
You mean APC will fuvk him up tomorrow?
Re: APC Disrespect Christians For Fixing Party Primaries On Sunday by alhassanyusuf29(m): 11:06am On Sep 29, 2018
you are very delusional, how is Sanwo-Olu a Muslim?..can u prove it?
Niorte:

Just being analytical. I'm referring to the leadership of APC and not the person of Tinubu or Fashola.

Ambode is a Christian
Sanwo-Olu is a Muslim
Hamzat is a Muslim

Why should primary hold on a religious day. That is not fair to Ambode.

If the people reject Ambode, no problem but putting him at a disadvantage by the system is unfair.

There is always the law of diminishing return.

1 Like

Re: APC Disrespect Christians For Fixing Party Primaries On Sunday by dyydxx: 8:02pm On Sep 29, 2018
They have postponed to monday now?
Re: APC Disrespect Christians For Fixing Party Primaries On Sunday by Niorte: 8:28pm On Sep 29, 2018
Good for the party for postponing it. Some sycophants of APC here are very unreasonable. I will not be surprised if the postponement has to do with the point I raised.

A pen is sharper than a sword! It is all about constructive criticism.
Re: APC Disrespect Christians For Fixing Party Primaries On Sunday by Niorte: 8:32pm On Sep 29, 2018
dyydxx:
I think the O.P is naively misled.

The last person that will be a bigot is neither Tinubu or Fashola whose wives are both christians. Besides this is Southwest where Muslims and Christians mix freely without prejudice or sense of fear. I'm a christian, my uncle is a muslim and we interact well and respect each others views.

whatever date was chosen by the NWC, infact it was recently moved to tell you that's not the initial date chosen, also it is set by the NWC which means from Abuja so it's in the overall interest of all participants.

We need to practice Unity and Tolerance in our views and stop this parochial tribal thinking that leads us nowhere

What do you then say about the NWC now that it has been shifted?

Anyway, I have make my point known and the real and important people have read and done the needful. Let the sycophants keep applauding and defending every of their action.

Now that it has been shifted from Sunday, let the best best Aspirant win!

1 Like

Re: APC Disrespect Christians For Fixing Party Primaries On Sunday by Nobody: 8:49pm On Sep 29, 2018
Niorte:
Good for the party for postponing it. Some sycophants of APC here are very unreasonable. I will not be surprised if the postponement has to do with the point I raised.

. Shifting the date has nothing to do with the point you raised. APC had their presidential primary on Friday (yesterday) and the Muslim did not complain. If you point would have been considered, then the entire northern part of the country especially Taraba, Adamawa, Gombe, Yobe, Niger, Kaduna, and Bauchi who have higher number of christians and have security challenges would be consider rather than the Lagos and IMO state who is more relatively peaceful. To me the reason why Lagos and IMO primary was shifted to another day is because of the internal crises in the party at the state level which may likely split the party into two if not properly settle before the primary.

3 Likes

Re: APC Disrespect Christians For Fixing Party Primaries On Sunday by Nobody: 9:11pm On Sep 29, 2018
Niorte:
Christians need to be weary of this religious biased party called APC. I know some Christians may not share in this view but Lagos APC is religiously biased. The National Leader, Senator Tinubu who is a muslim was Governor of Lagos state for 8 years. Babatunde Raji Fashola, another Muslim governed Lagos for 8 Years. Now it is the turn of a Christian, they do not want Governor Akinwumi Ambode to complete his 8 years.

Christians have been inactive and naive in politics. To make matter worse, APC fixed Primaries on a Sunday when the Christians would be out for their religious services. I am very certain, the Muslim and MURIC would have cried out if such event was fixed for Friday.

This date was simply to prevent some Christians in the party to exercise their franchise and support governor Akinwumi Ambode. The date show lack of respect and sensitivity to the Christians day of worship. Il

Must we always have the Muslims rule Lagos? Even though Governor Akinwumi Ambode has not in anyway favour the Christians in his appointments. In fact, he made a blunder concerning the priest he sent out of government house. We, as Christians, must look beyond that.

If APC is not biased to the Christians, why should they fixed the primaries on a Sunday?

See the rescheduled dates for other offices, observe that FRIDAY WAS LEFT OUT!

The National Working Committee (NWC) has rescheduled the Governorship Primary Election to 30th September, 2018.

Subsequent elections are unchanged and as follows:

2nd October, 2018 – Senate Primary Elections
3rd October, 2018 – House of Representatives Primary Elections
4th October, 2018 – State House of Assembly Primary Elections

WHAT HAPPENS TO 5TH OCTOBER, 2018 - NO ELECTION BECAUSE IT IS FRIDAY!

6th October, 2018 – National Convention (Presidential)
SIGNED:

Mr. Yekini Nabena

Ag. National Publicity Secretary

Modified:

[s]Now that the primary has been shifted. I am satisfied. Let the best Aspirant win. For those who have been supporting the previous scheduled date of Sunday, I say shame on you. Now I know there are some reasonable and influential personalities on Nairaland.
[/s]
trash
Re: APC Disrespect Christians For Fixing Party Primaries On Sunday by Shukuakukobambi: 9:19pm On Sep 29, 2018
Niorte:

Have the PDP islamists postponed their own from tomorrow? Or you agree they're now the true Islamic party?

(1) (2) (Reply)

NJC Advises Buhari To Retire Onnoghen Over $1.7m Cash / Imo Guber: Prof. Placid Njoku And The Political Jungolism Of Some Politicians. / BREAKING: Unknown Gunmen Sack Police From Uzuakoli Station, Set Facility Ablaze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.