Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,862 members, 7,810,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:51 AM

APC Disrespect Christians For Fixing Party Primaries On Sunday - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Disrespect Christians For Fixing Party Primaries On Sunday (2669 Views)

Breaking: Zamfra State APC Primaries On Going / Party Primaries: NANS Disassociate Itself From Babajide Sanwo-olu / Remi Tinubu's Ordination As RCCG Pastor, APC Plot To Capture Christians For 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Disrespect Christians For Fixing Party Primaries On Sunday by Niorte: 9:52pm On Sep 28, 2018
Christians need to be weary of this religious biased party called APC. I know some Christians may not share in this view but Lagos APC is religiously biased. The National Leader, Senator Tinubu who is a muslim was Governor of Lagos state for 8 years. Babatunde Raji Fashola, another Muslim governed Lagos for 8 Years. Now it is the turn of a Christian, they do not want Governor Akinwumi Ambode to complete his 8 years.

Christians have been inactive and naive in politics. To make matter worse, APC fixed Primaries on a Sunday when the Christians would be out for their religious services. I am very certain, the Muslim and MURIC would have cried out if such event was fixed for Friday.

This date was simply to prevent some Christians in the party to exercise their franchise and support governor Akinwumi Ambode. The date show lack of respect and sensitivity to the Christians day of worship. Il

Must we always have the Muslims rule Lagos? Even though Governor Akinwumi Ambode has not in anyway favour the Christians in his appointments. In fact, he made a blunder concerning the priest he sent out of government house. We, as Christians, must look beyond that.

If APC is not biased to the Christians, why should they fixed the primaries on a Sunday?

See the rescheduled dates for other offices, observe that FRIDAY WAS LEFT OUT!

The National Working Committee (NWC) has rescheduled the Governorship Primary Election to 30th September, 2018.

Subsequent elections are unchanged and as follows:

2nd October, 2018 – Senate Primary Elections
3rd October, 2018 – House of Representatives Primary Elections
4th October, 2018 – State House of Assembly Primary Elections

WHAT HAPPENS TO 5TH OCTOBER, 2018 - NO ELECTION BECAUSE IT IS FRIDAY!

6th October, 2018 – National Convention (Presidential)
SIGNED:

Mr. Yekini Nabena

Ag. National Publicity Secretary

Modified:

Now that the primary has been shifted. I am satisfied. Let the best Aspirant win. For those who have been supporting the previous scheduled date of Sunday, I say shame on you. Now I know there are some reasonable and influential personalities on Nairaland.

6 Likes

Re: APC Disrespect Christians For Fixing Party Primaries On Sunday by Shukuakukobambi: 9:56pm On Sep 28, 2018
Because every body in APC is either a Muslim, pagan or atheist. Shebi na wetin you wan hear be that? Or did the members complain to you? Are you contesting?

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: APC Disrespect Christians For Fixing Party Primaries On Sunday by megacity: 9:58pm On Sep 28, 2018
These evil people don't understand that people need to go to church

6 Likes

Re: APC Disrespect Christians For Fixing Party Primaries On Sunday by Niorte: 10:02pm On Sep 28, 2018
Shukuakukobambi:
Because every body in APC is either a Muslim, pagan or atheist. Shebi na wetin you wan hear be that? Or did the members complain to you? Are you contesting?
You are too petty.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Disrespect Christians For Fixing Party Primaries On Sunday by Shukuakukobambi: 10:03pm On Sep 28, 2018
Niorte:

You are too petty.

You don't know the definition of the word "petty"

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Disrespect Christians For Fixing Party Primaries On Sunday by mumumugu(m): 10:06pm On Sep 28, 2018
APC don't need Christian votes to win by hook or crook

1 Like

Re: APC Disrespect Christians For Fixing Party Primaries On Sunday by Corrinthians(m): 10:07pm On Sep 28, 2018
Chai!!!

PDP is the most useless, disgusting, bigoted, morally bankrupt, vile, perverse, nauseating, calamitous, and sadistic political association the world has even seen!

Over my dead body will I EVER support anything associated with this demonic entity that has sworn to pit Nigerians against one another along religious and ethnic lines.

They tried this formular in 2015, it failed woefully, yet they have doggedly insisted upon using the same inflammable gimmick in the hope they'd earn the support of Christians in 2019.

Spits.

It shall never be well with anyone who tries to sow a seed of hatred and intolerance amongst Nigerians along religious lines.

God bless Nigeria.

9 Likes

Re: APC Disrespect Christians For Fixing Party Primaries On Sunday by dumahi(m): 10:08pm On Sep 28, 2018
Truth be told, Nigerian xtians re very very naive. All they talk about is tithe, while the muslims visualize when mosques get built over every noise making church.

8 Likes

Re: APC Disrespect Christians For Fixing Party Primaries On Sunday by Nobody: 10:10pm On Sep 28, 2018
Shukuakukobambi:
But Nigeria Government did not disrespect Muslims by making Friday a work day .
grin grin
Clowns !

11 Likes

Re: APC Disrespect Christians For Fixing Party Primaries On Sunday by Beremx(f): 10:11pm On Sep 28, 2018
I disagree with you. I don't think the primaries has a religious undertone. The last politician that will be a religious bigot is Tinubu or even Fashola.

Ambode is gone! I hope he's compensated with a federal appointment
Re: APC Disrespect Christians For Fixing Party Primaries On Sunday by BabaO2: 10:12pm On Sep 28, 2018
Niorte:

You are too petty.
but seriously why fixing primaries on Sunday? I have been wondering too.., Friday is a no go area for Muslims have to observe jumat between 1-2 pm, same way Sunday should be no go area, because Christans should be in the church from 8am till 7pm in some cases

3 Likes

Re: APC Disrespect Christians For Fixing Party Primaries On Sunday by Corrinthians(m): 10:13pm On Sep 28, 2018
Shukuakukobambi:
PDP will NEVER learn! grin grin

4 Likes

Re: APC Disrespect Christians For Fixing Party Primaries On Sunday by Shukuakukobambi: 10:15pm On Sep 28, 2018
4601CE:

grin grin
Clowns !
Corrinthians:
PDP will NEVER learn! grin grin

Don't blame them.....when you're in serious and severe pains, you think and talk anyhow cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Disrespect Christians For Fixing Party Primaries On Sunday by Corrinthians(m): 10:15pm On Sep 28, 2018
BabaO2:
but seriously why fixing primaries on Sunday? I have been wondering too..
They fixed it on Sunday because they hate Christians. Now, you may stop "wondering".

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Disrespect Christians For Fixing Party Primaries On Sunday by Lipscomb(m): 10:16pm On Sep 28, 2018
Lol I'm 100% sure this nigger is from east. You are still separating Muslims from Christians in Lagos. You must be joking.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Disrespect Christians For Fixing Party Primaries On Sunday by Corrinthians(m): 10:27pm On Sep 28, 2018
4601CE:

grin grin
Clowns !
That is just how useless pdp is, and so shall they remain very useless. grin

3 Likes

Re: APC Disrespect Christians For Fixing Party Primaries On Sunday by Niorte: 10:50pm On Sep 28, 2018
Lipscomb:
Lol I'm 100% sure this nigger is from east. You are still separating Muslims from Christians in Lagos. You must be joking.

When it comes to Lagos state, I am not just a lagosian but a stakeholder. Don't think whoever has an opposing view is a PDP member or from the East. I am not partisan and I will always speak and write for the truth in my little way.

Sunday should not have been considered if the party respect the Christians.
The message is not to cause any e-religious war but the fact. If APC leaders are thoughtful enough, they could have considered it.

For those who want to mention me, you will be a fool to think I am a PDP supporter, you will also be stupid to think I am from the East.

11 Likes

Re: APC Disrespect Christians For Fixing Party Primaries On Sunday by Nobody: 10:58pm On Sep 28, 2018
Funny thing is that most of the people here who kill themselves over APC and PDP ain't benefitting anything from doing so. Those who do don't make noise on faceless forum.

By the way, Lagos Christian APC members should resist the date of the convention if they so wish and if they ain't, their business, not mine. undecided

1 Like

Re: APC Disrespect Christians For Fixing Party Primaries On Sunday by Niorte: 11:00pm On Sep 28, 2018
Beremx:
I disagree with you. I don't think the primaries has a religious undertone. The last politician that will be a religious bigot is Tinubu or even Fashola.

Ambode is gone! I hope he's compensated with a federal appointment
Just being analytical. I'm referring to the leadership of APC and not the person of Tinubu or Fashola.

Ambode is a Christian
Sanwo-Olu is a Muslim
Hamzat is a Muslim

Why should primary hold on a religious day. That is not fair to Ambode.

If the people reject Ambode, no problem but putting him at a disadvantage by the system is unfair.

There is always the law of diminishing return.

6 Likes

Re: APC Disrespect Christians For Fixing Party Primaries On Sunday by Beremx(f): 11:10pm On Sep 28, 2018
Niorte:

Just being analytical. I'm referring to the leadership of APC and not the person of Tinubu or Fashola.

Ambode is a Christian
Sanwo-Olu is a Muslim
Hamzat is a Muslim

If the people reject Ambode, no problem but putting him at a disadvantage by the system is unfair.

Ambode should tell his supporters not to go to church na! After all there are Christians who support the other two candidates
Re: APC Disrespect Christians For Fixing Party Primaries On Sunday by duality(m): 11:20pm On Sep 28, 2018
Curiously, all those who attacked the @op, didn't give any good reason for making it a Sunday affair.

Will Osinbajo leave his Sunday ministration for APC primaries?

6 Likes

Re: APC Disrespect Christians For Fixing Party Primaries On Sunday by greatdreamer(m): 11:20pm On Sep 28, 2018
proudevil:
op.... Is either you are a pig from the other side of the Niger , you are on Oshogbo weeds ,PDP sympathizer,religious bigot , trying to cause religious E- war on Nairaland or you are using your behind to think...trash,,,did Christians in APC complain?
is it PDP that fixed their primaries on Sunday?

4 Likes

Re: APC Disrespect Christians For Fixing Party Primaries On Sunday by OfficialAPCNig: 12:18am On Sep 29, 2018
Op, sorry you are dealing with people who were cursed forever, see how they defending impunity.

7 Likes

Re: APC Disrespect Christians For Fixing Party Primaries On Sunday by Lipscomb(m): 12:49am On Sep 29, 2018
angry oga keep quiet you're a naive these people deliberate on date before Sunday fixed. Sunday is a good date because from Monday to Sunday people don't stop going work.
Niorte:

When it comes to Lagos state, I am not just a lagosian but a stakeholder. Don't think whoever has an opposing view is a PDP member or from the East. I am not partisan and I will always speak and write for the truth in my little way.

The message is not to cause any e-religious war but the fact. If APC leaders are thoughtful enough, they could have considered it.

For those who want to mention me, you will be a fool to think I am a PDP supporter, you will also be stupid to think I am from the East.

Re: APC Disrespect Christians For Fixing Party Primaries On Sunday by otunde527: 12:59am On Sep 29, 2018
Party affairs

Do you know how many times election was conducted on Fridays and no one spoke anything about it...

Get your rmb with us now
Re: APC Disrespect Christians For Fixing Party Primaries On Sunday by abes(m): 1:30am On Sep 29, 2018
Niorte:

Ambode is a Christian
Sanwo-Olu is a Muslim
Hamzat is a Muslim

Do you have a calendar in your room? Which of the dates for the primaries falls on a Sunday?
Re: APC Disrespect Christians For Fixing Party Primaries On Sunday by abes(m): 1:37am On Sep 29, 2018
Niorte:

See the rescheduled dates for other offices, observe that FRIDAY WAS LEFT OUT!

The National Working Committee (NWC) has rescheduled the Governorship Primary Election to 30th September, 2018.

Subsequent elections are unchanged and as follows:

2nd October, 2018 – Senate Primary Elections
3rd October, 2018 – House of Representatives Primary Elections
4th October, 2018 – State House of Assembly Primary Elections

WHAT HAPPENS TO 5TH OCTOBER, 2018 - NO ELECTION BECAUSE IT IS FRIDAY!

6th October, 2018 – National Convention (Presidential)
SIGNED:

Mr. Yekini Nabena

Ag. National Publicity Secretary

If 5th of October is on Friday, how did 6th of October become a Sunday?

I will advise you to go back to nursery 2 to learn the days of the week properly.

You're welcome.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Disrespect Christians For Fixing Party Primaries On Sunday by FriendNG: 2:18am On Sep 29, 2018
Niorte:

(If true the primaries will fall on Sunday)

You're right Sunday should not be the date for primaries.

2 Likes

Re: APC Disrespect Christians For Fixing Party Primaries On Sunday by FearGodinall: 3:50am On Sep 29, 2018
proudevil:
op.... Is either you are a pig from the other side of the Niger , you are on Oshogbo weeds ,PDP sympathizer,religious bigot , trying to cause religious E- war on Nairaland or you are using your behind to think...trash,,,did Christians in APC complain?
. Counter the points with facts as the op did instead of turning to insult. Now can you tells us why primaries were fixed on sunday and friday left out.

2 Likes

Re: APC Disrespect Christians For Fixing Party Primaries On Sunday by FearGodinall: 3:52am On Sep 29, 2018
Corrinthians:
Chai!!!

PDP is the most useless, disgusting, bigoted, morally bankrupt, vile, perverse, nauseating, calamitous, and sadistic political association the world has even seen!

Over my dead body will I EVER support anything associated with this demonic entity that has sworn to pit Nigerians against one another along religious and ethnic lines.

They tried this formular in 2015, it failed woefully, yet they have doggedly insisted upon using the same inflammable gimmick in the hope they'd earn the support of Christians in 2019.

Spits.

It shall never be well with anyone who tries to sow a seed of hatred and intolerance amongst Nigerians along religious lines.

God bless Nigeria.
Have you heard of muric. Is really a pity

2 Likes

Re: APC Disrespect Christians For Fixing Party Primaries On Sunday by aforosco(m): 3:56am On Sep 29, 2018
I disagree with the OP
The date of the Primary was fixed by the NWC therefore it was not targeted at Ambode

APC is practicing Direct Primary meaning it won't take time and your ward have liberty to fix the Primary to Afternoon or evening since it isn't a general election that they use same venue

We shouldn't be Hypocrites we also attends functions like community/village men/professional (tailor association) meetings on Sundays

We should put in mind this date was prosponed as it wasn't the original date for the program but the order can't change that was why others maintained their main date.

(1) (2) (Reply)

EFCC Releases Pictures Of Property Wrongly Acquired By Fayose / Nigerians Kick As NDA Cadets Block Highway, Insult Motorists / Benue State Government Rejects Proposed Installation Of Sarduana Otukpo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.