Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,607 members, 7,816,507 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:16 PM

Nuhu Ribadu ‘Offered’ Ministerial Position To Step Down For Buhari’s In-law - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nuhu Ribadu ‘Offered’ Ministerial Position To Step Down For Buhari’s In-law (18951 Views)

Wedding Of Mahmud Nuhu Ribadu & Amina Aliyu Ismaila (Photos) / Biography Of Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba Nominated For Ministerial position (photos) / I’ll Reject Ministerial Position If Offered –kalu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nuhu Ribadu ‘Offered’ Ministerial Position To Step Down For Buhari’s In-law by Griezwoman: 2:26am On Sep 29, 2018
Last-minute negotiations are ongoing for Nuhu Ribadu, former Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), to step down his governorship ambition in support of Mahmood Halilu Ahmed, President Muhammadu Buhari’s in-law better known as Modi.

This was confirmed by a source close to Ribadu, who told SaharaReporters on Friday: "My principal may take up ministerial position or chairmanship of the North-East Development Commission in the concession.”

SaharaReporters confirmed that Sadiq Mohammed, an elder statesman better known as Kalu, is currently interfacing between the two men. It is widely believed that a consensus is required to beat Governor Jibrilla Bindow to the All Progressives Congress (APC) governorship ticket.

Both Ribadu and Modi hail from Yola South Local Government Area in the central senatorial zone that has never produced the state governor since the creation of the state, while Bindow hails from the northern zone, which has already produced three governors.

Modi's governorship ambition has received support from eminent party stakeholders, including former Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Babachir Lawal; Abubakar Girei, who represented Adamawa Central in the Senate from 1999 to 2003; Alhaji Sadiq Mohammed (Walin Ganye), Senator Bello Tukur and a host of other stakeholders, culminating in Markus Gudiri's withdrawal from the race.

The APC has been embroiled in internal strife in the run-up to the party's congresses in the state, leading to its factionalisation along two groups.

The imbroglio has further deteriorated with the party having to decide which option of primaries to adopt. While the Bindow group clamoured for the indirect primary, the group headed by Lawal settled for the direct primary mode.

However, the APC National Working Committee (NWC) has favoured Bindow's choice of indirect option, which is why Ribadu and Modi must reach a deal to front a consensus aspirant against Bindow.

Just on Thursday, Buba Marwa, former Military Governor of Lagos and Borno states, turned in his campaign structure to Modi to help boost his chances.

The governorship primary of the APC holds on Sunday.

http://saharareporters.com/2018/09/28/exclusive-ribadu-%E2%80%98offered%E2%80%99-ministerial-position-step-down-buhari%E2%80%99s-law

2 Likes

Re: Nuhu Ribadu ‘Offered’ Ministerial Position To Step Down For Buhari’s In-law by MexxIT(m): 2:56am On Sep 29, 2018
Jus imagine how dis ppl are turning Nigeria into a family business.. Dey want to bribe a gubernatorial candidate with a national ministerial slot to step down for an in law of d President? And yet some ediots on dis forum will b chanting Sai Baba!!!

110 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nuhu Ribadu ‘Offered’ Ministerial Position To Step Down For Buhari’s In-law by otunde527: 3:11am On Sep 29, 2018
Why always buhari

What him and his family has stolen can reach his 10th generation.

Why fighting for a position again

Democracy is finally buried in nigeria

Imposition of candidates is now the order of the day

Get your rmb with us @ #48/rmb

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nuhu Ribadu ‘Offered’ Ministerial Position To Step Down For Buhari’s In-law by millhouse: 4:43am On Sep 29, 2018
Even in Yola, the north and south dicotomy still persists ...fear north everywhere you go .

2 Likes

Re: Nuhu Ribadu ‘Offered’ Ministerial Position To Step Down For Buhari’s In-law by Dumdumfashion(f): 6:18am On Sep 29, 2018
So they have finally turned our country to their family business abi?

God dey!

21 Likes

Re: Nuhu Ribadu ‘Offered’ Ministerial Position To Step Down For Buhari’s In-law by gentleguy1975: 7:08am On Sep 29, 2018
lies
Re: Nuhu Ribadu ‘Offered’ Ministerial Position To Step Down For Buhari’s In-law by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:27am On Sep 29, 2018
One of the few good men we have around......
Go with the best decision that is best for you Mr Ribadu, which ever way you go,
We will always stand with you!
You've ALWAYS had our #RESPECT.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nuhu Ribadu ‘Offered’ Ministerial Position To Step Down For Buhari’s In-law by Omeokachie: 8:28am On Sep 29, 2018
His so-called ambition has never been about the people, but about what he can eat.

Having been out of government circles in a while...it is time to stock up...

7 Likes

Re: Nuhu Ribadu ‘Offered’ Ministerial Position To Step Down For Buhari’s In-law by AlphaStyles(m): 8:28am On Sep 29, 2018
This one na family business ne?

1 Like

Re: Nuhu Ribadu ‘Offered’ Ministerial Position To Step Down For Buhari’s In-law by pentax(m): 8:29am On Sep 29, 2018
Bindow to defect

1 Like

Re: Nuhu Ribadu ‘Offered’ Ministerial Position To Step Down For Buhari’s In-law by excomarow(m): 8:29am On Sep 29, 2018
Re: Nuhu Ribadu ‘Offered’ Ministerial Position To Step Down For Buhari’s In-law by adioolayi(m): 8:30am On Sep 29, 2018
Re: Nuhu Ribadu ‘Offered’ Ministerial Position To Step Down For Buhari’s In-law by naptu2: 8:30am On Sep 29, 2018
Nuhu Ribadu has stated (via his Twitter account) that this information is false.

Ribadu Denies Withdrawing From Adamawa Governorship Race
https://www.nairaland.com/4760185/ribadu-denies-withdrawing-adamawa-governorship

2 Likes

Re: Nuhu Ribadu ‘Offered’ Ministerial Position To Step Down For Buhari’s In-law by Bolustical: 8:30am On Sep 29, 2018
Nuhu Ribadu lost his chances immediately he defected to the PDP.

He would have been parts and parcel of this government had he remained in the APC.

They should let him test his popularity by slugging it out with Aisha's cousin.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu ‘Offered’ Ministerial Position To Step Down For Buhari’s In-law by Bolustical: 8:30am On Sep 29, 2018
yes
Re: Nuhu Ribadu ‘Offered’ Ministerial Position To Step Down For Buhari’s In-law by Princedapace(m): 8:32am On Sep 29, 2018
Mehn these leaders wicked o.

My people, if u have ur way, leave Nigeria. Even if na for restaurant u dey work, carry go.

These leaders now share national positions. No wonder ministers dont perform well..

Any ways, if u would like to learn how to work online as a freelancer, kindly check my profile and read my thread on how i make money online as a freelancer.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu ‘Offered’ Ministerial Position To Step Down For Buhari’s In-law by sanpipita(m): 8:32am On Sep 29, 2018
Lol and they will tell you there primaries going on, RIP democracy
Re: Nuhu Ribadu ‘Offered’ Ministerial Position To Step Down For Buhari’s In-law by Racoon(m): 8:32am On Sep 29, 2018
Now how so sure that Aisha's brother will perform. Just basing government on nepotism, Clannishness, ethnicity.
So Nuhu Ribadu cant fight for what he believes in ?Safest thing for Gov.Jibrilla Bindow now is to defect.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nuhu Ribadu ‘Offered’ Ministerial Position To Step Down For Buhari’s In-law by Nobody: 8:32am On Sep 29, 2018
someone should tell me why he shouldn't take the offer.

well he just said that report was a lie!

meanwhile...

caveat:

I won't be voting for anyone come 2019 if this plain slap on democracy succeeds.
I believe Ambode has done enough to be given chance to run for a second term under the flagship of APC.
I won't vote and cease all my supports for APC if Sanwo-olu wins the primaries tomorrow!

members of the public, please be aware!

Drabeey was HERE
Re: Nuhu Ribadu ‘Offered’ Ministerial Position To Step Down For Buhari’s In-law by lafuria1(m): 8:34am On Sep 29, 2018
From Sahara reporters, *leaves page
Re: Nuhu Ribadu ‘Offered’ Ministerial Position To Step Down For Buhari’s In-law by despi64(m): 8:35am On Sep 29, 2018
Nigeria appointment don turn family and cronies affair with the lifeless one
Re: Nuhu Ribadu ‘Offered’ Ministerial Position To Step Down For Buhari’s In-law by Bimpe29: 8:35am On Sep 29, 2018
Political powers recycling is inconclusive in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nuhu Ribadu ‘Offered’ Ministerial Position To Step Down For Buhari’s In-law by ednut1(m): 8:35am On Sep 29, 2018
Lies. NUHU has no electoral value
Re: Nuhu Ribadu ‘Offered’ Ministerial Position To Step Down For Buhari’s In-law by Pharaoh001(f): 8:36am On Sep 29, 2018
Kai. We're done embarassed
Re: Nuhu Ribadu ‘Offered’ Ministerial Position To Step Down For Buhari’s In-law by Racoon(m): 8:37am On Sep 29, 2018
Drabeey:
someone should tell me why he shouldn't take the offer.Well he just said that report was a lie!
Meanwhile...caveat:

I won't be voting for anyone come 2019 if this plain slap on democracy succeeds.
I believe Ambode has done enough to be given chance to run for a second term under the flagship of APC.
I won't vote and cease all my supports for APC if Sanwo-olu wins the primaries tomorrow! Members of the public, please be aware!

Drabeey was HERE
It's understandable dear.Nigeria have long lost it. undecided
Re: Nuhu Ribadu ‘Offered’ Ministerial Position To Step Down For Buhari’s In-law by correctyourself(m): 8:40am On Sep 29, 2018
Unfortunately we don't have ministry of anti-quaruption; though all hope is not lost, we can as Okocha to advise if we should create Ministry of Statue Molding or Ministry of Enjoyment.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu ‘Offered’ Ministerial Position To Step Down For Buhari’s In-law by Ironlion1(m): 8:41am On Sep 29, 2018
It's really worrisome how tribalistic and selfish the Lifeless one is.
How can you give somebody who is not sufficiently trained and equiped
to handle an office of such magnitude because is your in-law?
Mismanagement will be the order of the day. Buhari does not have any good agender
for this nation. Get that into your heads zombees.
Please get your PVCS and let's come our en mass to vote out such a malnourished, ineptitude and
Lifeless fellow who has nothing to offer but yet want to lead even in his death.
=Buhari must go= in 2019.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu ‘Offered’ Ministerial Position To Step Down For Buhari’s In-law by AFONJACOW(m): 8:41am On Sep 29, 2018
Nigeria is now their estate

2 Likes

Re: Nuhu Ribadu ‘Offered’ Ministerial Position To Step Down For Buhari’s In-law by frank41(m): 8:42am On Sep 29, 2018
MexxIT:
Jus imagine how dis ppl are turning Nigeria into a family business.. Dey want to bribe a gubernatorial candidate with a national ministerial slot to step down for an in law of d President? And yet some ediots on dis forum will b chanting Sai Baba!!!

Yes ooo...to an incompetent of President.... Certainly his in law will be incompetent as well.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Presidential Election Appeal: Issues Beyond The Verdict Of The Supreme Court / Kowoworola Bucknor-Akerele: North’s Rulership Has Been A Disaster For Nigeria / Life Has Lost Its Value Under Buhari’s Nigeria - Daily Trust Editorial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.