Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,337 members, 7,819,185 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

I’ll Reject Ministerial Position If Offered –kalu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Reject Ministerial Position If Offered –kalu (20756 Views)

El-Rufai To Reject Ministerial Nomination Even If Cleared By Senate - Gazette / Biography Of Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba Nominated For Ministerial position (photos) / Nuhu Ribadu ‘Offered’ Ministerial Position To Step Down For Buhari’s In-law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’ll Reject Ministerial Position If Offered –kalu by ijustdey: 10:31am On Apr 19, 2019
•I’m senator-elect, my oath’ll be to serve federal republic

Chukwudi Nweje

Senator-elect and former Abia State governor, Dr. Orji Uzor Kalu, has declared that he will reject a ministerial position if he were offered one.

Kalu said this at the second annual lecture of Freedom Online, an online newspaper.

The former Abia governor, who was elected on the platform of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), was chairman of the lecture.

He said: “I will not accept a ministerial position if I were offered one. I am the elected representative for Abia North senatorial district.”

Kalu further noted that even though he is elected to represent Abia North, his representation will cover the entire country because his oath of office will be to serve the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

“I have just been elected to the Senate. I’ve not even been sworn in. Don’t worry yourself; my vibrancy will always be felt by the people I represent. I will give the people quality representation. When I was governor, I represented the people of Abia state to the best of my ability.

“This time I am not going to represent only the people of Abia North, but the people of Nigeria, which oath I am going to take.

“I am not going to be taking an oath that I am senator of Abia North, I am going to take an oath of office as senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. So, even in Elewe, I am going to represent them as well as I represent the people of Abia North.”

Kalu also reiterated he will contest for the position of Deputy Senate President, because equity demands that all the major tribes of the country are represented in the leadership of the Ninth National Assembly.

“It doesn’t matter if I’m the one there, what matters is that, in constituting the leadership, all the major ethnic groups would be represented. It is fair, I am not asking this for anything else, I am asking it for equity justice and fair play. Even this one they are saying we did not vote for APC; President Muhammadu Buhari has not said it. It is only some people in the media that are saying it,” Kalu added.

He, however, said he will respect and abide by the decision of the party on the matter.

“I still hope that the party will be gracious enough to zone the positions. I don’t want to go against the party. It will not be a healthy relationship between me and the party and the party and other people. We are capable of going to war, but, it is not good to always go to war. I want the party to zone the offices; they can say we are giving North East the position of Senate president, we are giving South East position of Speaker; we have given South East deputy senate president, we have given North Central deputy speaker and so on and we will have peace,” Kalu further added.

Kalu, who was also awarded with a plaque for his support towards the lecture ,said the only way Nigeria will make progress is when the private sector drives the economy.

Introducing the lecture’s theme: ‘Fixing the Economy: Less Politics, More Substance’, Kalu said government has no business doing business, but should concentrate on policy formulation as it cannot play the role of policy formulation and implementation at the same time.

He added: “I see our economy as an economy that needs to be expanded. Government has no business doing business. You cannot do policy formulation and implementation at the same time. It doesn’t matter if it is one person buying, what matters is that things are made to work.”

Former governor of Ogun State, Otunba Gbenga Daniel, who was guest of honour disagreed with Kalu on restructuring.

Said Daniel: “Everybody agrees that we need change. Our people have become poorer and there is no hope under the current system. We are setting the stage for corruption with the structure we are running. The democratic system we are running cannot guarantee good governance.”

In his remarks, Special Adviser to President Buhari on Media Mr. Femi Adesina, commended the media organisation for the choice of lecture. He said Buhari is worried by Nigerians’ habit of playing politics with every issue in the country and hoped the lecture would enlighten them.

Earlier, in his welcome address, Mr. Gabriel Akinadewo, publisher of Freedom Online said Nigeria is in need of change.

“Nigeria has a four-year cycle of elections, but, pitiably, there is no four-year cycle of development. The world is moving forward and Nigeria has no choice than to move in the right direction,” Akinadewo said.

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/ill-reject-ministerial-position-if-offered-kalu/
Re: I’ll Reject Ministerial Position If Offered –kalu by Amuocha: 10:39am On Apr 19, 2019
Seen.

How can you be senator elect and also a minister of the federal republic of Nigeria?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’ll Reject Ministerial Position If Offered –kalu by KidsNEXTdoor: 10:44am On Apr 19, 2019
Kalu the scam artist

Nobody is offering you any ministerial slot

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Reject Ministerial Position If Offered –kalu by Nobody: 10:50am On Apr 19, 2019
Amuocha:
Seen.

How can you be senator elect and also a minister of the federal republic of Nigeria?

That's how stupid APC can be bro.

Anything is possible with those bunch dundarheads

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Reject Ministerial Position If Offered –kalu by Nobody: 11:06am On Apr 19, 2019
Amuocha:
Seen.

Awol1:

IGNORANCE is a disease.

Go and find out about a former minister of the FCT, Senator Bala Muhammed who was a sitting Senator when appointed Minister of the FCT UNDER PDP

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’ll Reject Ministerial Position If Offered –kalu by Nobody: 11:09am On Apr 19, 2019
Cacawa2:

IGNORANCE is a disease.

Go and find out about a former minister of the FCT, Senator Bala Muhammed who was a sitting Senator when appointed Minister of the FCT UNDER PDP

Oh! So you guys are out to break every of PDP's record then?

Fantastic.

Next Level is a hoax then, just like your stupid change.

13 Likes

Re: I’ll Reject Ministerial Position If Offered –kalu by ChristianNorth: 11:11am On Apr 19, 2019
Cacawa2:

IGNORANCE is a disease.

He resigned that position to take up FCT Ministry, a better and more lucrative position. He held that position from 2010 when Jonathan appointed him till 2015 and today, he is Bauchi State Governor-elect.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Reject Ministerial Position If Offered –kalu by Miracle4Sure: 11:12am On Apr 19, 2019
Hmm
Re: I’ll Reject Ministerial Position If Offered –kalu by Humanaces: 11:13am On Apr 19, 2019
OP i hope this makes front news so youth could learn ......

TRUE STORY

That faithful day i boarded a bike from berger area heading home at exactly 3:15 after a long and stressful day at the Nation Population census office, i felt tired i couldnt wait to get home while mesmerising about the cold shower i was going to take to relieve myself from the heat of the day when my bike rode past the "Adigboluga police station" at berger . i heard some whistle but we both paid no attention and rode past the station in pure innocence.

After a 30min ride on bike i finally got to my bustop a stone throw away from home to alighten from the bike and was greeted and caught unaware by a resounding slap from the back on my ear that i thought someone detornated a bomb close to me and immediately thought a war had just broke out as i droped from the bike .

I turned around a low and behold it was a #End police #sars officer ..he had trailed me on another bike all the way the from the police station to my bustop patiently. You know hear say we dey call you he said.i was immediately hadcuffed search and taken back to the station oga wetin be my crime i asked repeatedly but was banswered with sticks and slaps. Taken to a cafe to open my box and facebook after they found a nokia 3310 on me after which i did but was beaten ontop and accused of not opening my scam mail and facebook something i know nothing about .. I was taken back to my home handcuffed like a criminal and beaten each time i protested and it even got worse ehen they discovered i stay alone and own two cars ..i saw hell that day and was forced to bail myself with 70k and my crime was cause i dressed to good and must have been a yahoo boy even after they say my official id ..and may i include the dpo was involved oh...GOD help us
Re: I’ll Reject Ministerial Position If Offered –kalu by sammyj: 11:14am On Apr 19, 2019
Ok
Re: I’ll Reject Ministerial Position If Offered –kalu by Bossontop(m): 11:20am On Apr 19, 2019
Nor be if dem even reason ur mata??......lol

Re: I’ll Reject Ministerial Position If Offered –kalu by Nobody: 11:21am On Apr 19, 2019
oga Kalu. Represent your people first before representing the whole Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Reject Ministerial Position If Offered –kalu by zoedew: 11:22am On Apr 19, 2019
To do what! His antecedents as Abia Gov are not unknown.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Reject Ministerial Position If Offered –kalu by Atunga: 11:24am On Apr 19, 2019
Awol1:

Fantastic.

It happens all over the world so it is not peculiar to the PDP or any other party and there is nothing wrong in it. Recall the immediate past Attorney-General of US, Jeff Sessions, was a serving senator when he was appointed by President Donald Trump.

But one thing is sure, you cannot serve in both the legislative and executive arms of the government at the same time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Reject Ministerial Position If Offered –kalu by guterKerl: 11:28am On Apr 19, 2019
Who ask you?

1 Like

Re: I’ll Reject Ministerial Position If Offered –kalu by Oblang(m): 11:30am On Apr 19, 2019
Awol1:

Fantastic.

U are a dunce. U first attack apc that have never done such b4 but started saying trash when u were told ur beloved party have appointed a sitting senator as minister b4. U pdp supporters are all bunch of hypocrites...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’ll Reject Ministerial Position If Offered –kalu by chloride6: 11:32am On Apr 19, 2019
When it doesnt come with immunity

grin
Re: I’ll Reject Ministerial Position If Offered –kalu by Nobody: 11:32am On Apr 19, 2019
Oblang:

U are a dunce. U first attack apc that have never done such b4 but started saying trash when u were told ur beloved party have appointed a sitting senator as minister b4. U pdp supporters are all bunch of hypocrites...

Did your darling APC promise to do things differently?

1 Like

Re: I’ll Reject Ministerial Position If Offered –kalu by bukatyne(f): 11:32am On Apr 19, 2019
Please give me.
Re: I’ll Reject Ministerial Position If Offered –kalu by jackals(f): 11:34am On Apr 19, 2019
Awol1:

I dont know how, but you seems to be thinking with your dicks. someheow fir some guys tho

1 Like

Re: I’ll Reject Ministerial Position If Offered –kalu by Nobody: 11:36am On Apr 19, 2019
Atunga:

It happens all over the world so it is not peculiar to the PDP or any other party and there is nothing wrong in it. Recall the immediate past Attorney-General of US, Jeff Sessions, was a serving senator when he was appointed by President Donald Trump.

But one thing is sure, you cannot serve in both the legislative and executive arms of the government at the same time.

Is Abia state that small and bereft of brains that a senator-elect would have to be appointed minister as well?

If it's a matter technical expertise, I'd understand.

Aside that, APC members haven't finished in Abia.

That PDP did doesn't make it right.
Re: I’ll Reject Ministerial Position If Offered –kalu by Nobody: 11:39am On Apr 19, 2019
jackals:

I dont know how, but you seems to be thinking with your dicks. someheow fir some guys tho

I almost took you serious until you said "dicks".

And being that I have but one d*ck, it is therefore obvious you weren't referring to me.

Now, run along, child.
Re: I’ll Reject Ministerial Position If Offered –kalu by jackals(f): 11:44am On Apr 19, 2019
Awol1:

I almost took you serious until you said "dicks".

And being that I have but one d*ck, it is therefore obvious you weren't referring to me.

Now, run along, child.

Must you pass insult at me ??

You lack chill. You are not a real man

1 Like

Re: I’ll Reject Ministerial Position If Offered –kalu by Artib(m): 11:47am On Apr 19, 2019
Cacawa2:

IGNORANCE is a disease.

let them know.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

RUMBLINGS FROM THE Creek...and Gentle Whispers Of True Leaders By Ena Ofugara / Benue Holds Memorial Service For Victims Of Fulani Herdsmen’s Attack (Photos) / Osinbajo Reveal Why FG Is Taking About Second Niger Bridge Construction Serious

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.