Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,860 members, 7,821,004 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

Six False Ideas About Your Smartphone You Have Believed All Your Life! - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Six False Ideas About Your Smartphone You Have Believed All Your Life! (23008 Views)

Tecno Pop 7 Pro Is The Best Budget Smartphone You Can Find Now / Wanna Save Money When You Buy A Smartphone?? You Need This / Which Smartphone You Like Most Or You Have Some Recommendation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Six False Ideas About Your Smartphone You Have Believed All Your Life! by Ghostmode2two(m): 8:22am On Oct 02, 2018
OP!!!
Re: Six False Ideas About Your Smartphone You Have Believed All Your Life! by qanda: 8:30am On Oct 02, 2018
Re: Six False Ideas About Your Smartphone You Have Believed All Your Life! by Reference(m): 8:42am On Oct 02, 2018
itsCornie:
No.6 tho,keeping the ba3 in the fridge to prolong it's life span cracked me up grin grin

Not to prolong battery life but once a while my tab runs super hot and shuts down. If I need it bad I just pop it into the table side fridge to cool it down fast. The only thing it prolongs is my sanity.
Re: Six False Ideas About Your Smartphone You Have Believed All Your Life! by itumafriday(m): 8:50am On Oct 02, 2018
4 is true 5 is true always do practical before jumping to conclusion
Re: Six False Ideas About Your Smartphone You Have Believed All Your Life! by abumeinben(m): 8:58am On Oct 02, 2018
saxj:

I Dont even know what to tell you, but you are just a hungry blogger... better keep your useless data off if you dont know what to say

1. Using a follow come charger is advisable not because of anything, but because of the input and output voltage and most users dont know what that means. Its just like using a fast charger on an old model smartphone that doesnt support fast charging., are you killing the battery or not?

2. When somebody says internet kill your battery doesnt imply that once you turn on your data, your battery will just return to 5%, you said game kills the battery fast, phones that are made solely for gamer nko? should they believe you??
stop posting shits.. games and internet are the best way to drain a battery faster, atleast you cant compare the endurance time while surfing the net to while on calls... Use your head!!

3. Your battery does not spoil when you charge it overnight, but too much of everything is bad, it will not drastically harm your device. the smartphone is smart enough to know when to stop charging. but not on Aboki charger.

4. Keeping battery in the fridge, from your point, am not sure for that of smartphone, i have not tried it but for computers, they do really work
"The Big Battery Myth is that refrigeration makes them last longer. And it does, though in most cases not by much: Alkaline batteries discharge at less than 2% a year. But in prolonged heat of about 100 degrees, they'll lose a quarter of their charge"

OP dont paste google work here as research, Do not conclude on hypothesis rather carry a practical and make sure to confirm it a theory.

Easy there bro...you don't have to attack na.

But OP should understand that there are smart phones and there are now smarter phones.

I don't think the op would use wheelbarrow charger on s9 or iPhone X...no he won't.

For the refrigerator, reasonable controlled temperatures lower the activities of the battery. Which means some apps/background processes may not get the usual starting or required current to run and hence may not run...this is my thought.

1 Like

Re: Six False Ideas About Your Smartphone You Have Believed All Your Life! by saxj(m): 9:48am On Oct 02, 2018
abumeinben:

Easy there bro...you don't have to attack na.

But OP should understand that there are smart phones and there are now smarter phones.

I don't think the op would use wheelbarrow charger on s9 or iPhone X...no he won't.

For the refrigerator, reasonable controlled temperatures lower the activities of the battery. Which means some apps/background processes may not get the usual starting or required current to run and hence may not run...this is my thought.

Noo i hate when somebody talks out of scope asif he has tried it, this are things av tested, trusted and recommended with testimonies. av seen reports of this on google but i dont bother probably further technologies may adopt it buh for now, on an average phone, it doesnt work that way.. Not to talk of now that fake has dominated the market
the refrigerator is that you will remove the battery, wrap it in newspaper and keep it in fridge. it works well on laptops, (av not tried the phone own) like mine i charge it always wether e don full or not e dey light most times cef na gen.. overtime instead of staying 4hrs it will b staying 2hrs 45min or 3hrs 10mins thereabout, once u put it in fridge for 18 -24 hrs, i testify that with time it will begin to regain strenght and last its 4hrs again
Re: Six False Ideas About Your Smartphone You Have Believed All Your Life! by encryptjay(m): 10:58am On Oct 02, 2018
Internet drains battery especially with VPN applications. Also if your network reception is poor or unstable, battery will drain too.
It's not advisable to use your phone while charging; it slows down the charging process and raises phone temperature.
These things are practical, I don't know where OP got his information from.
Re: Six False Ideas About Your Smartphone You Have Believed All Your Life! by abumeinben(m): 10:58am On Oct 02, 2018
saxj:

Noo i hate when somebody talks out of scope asif he has tried it, this are things av tested, trusted and recommended with testimonies. av seen reports of this on google but i dont bother probably further technologies may adopt it buh for now, on an average phone, it doesnt work that way.. Not to talk of now that fake has dominated the market
the refrigerator is that you will remove the battery, wrap it in newspaper and keep it in fridge. it works well on laptops, (av not tried the phone own) like mine i charge it always wether e don full or not e dey light most times cef na gen.. overtime instead of staying 4hrs it will b staying 2hrs 45min or 3hrs 10mins thereabout, once u put it in fridge for 18 -24 hrs, i testify that with time it will begin to regain strenght and last its 4hrs again

Would try that!

1 Like

Re: Six False Ideas About Your Smartphone You Have Believed All Your Life! by ChuxMyk(m): 12:35pm On Oct 02, 2018
GentleMoney:
grin
Lmao. I want to die here. Chai
Re: Six False Ideas About Your Smartphone You Have Believed All Your Life! by ambassador9: 2:41pm On Oct 02, 2018
HMMM. niz one
Re: Six False Ideas About Your Smartphone You Have Believed All Your Life! by itsCornie(f): 3:15pm On Oct 03, 2018
Reference:

Not to prolong battery life but once a while my tab runs super hot and shuts down. If I need it bad I just pop it into the table side fridge to cool it down fast. The only thing it prolongs is my sanity.

You've got a nice sense of humour
Re: Six False Ideas About Your Smartphone You Have Believed All Your Life! by Nobody: 12:05am On Oct 14, 2018
Kikkyalibi:
Smartphones have become a very important part of our lives.

This is largely due to the important tasks they carry out and voids they fill in our every-day life.

With every new day, new innovations and improvement in technology lead to new releases of ‘smarter’ smartphones. But As awesome as having a smartphone is, one of the frustrating thing about it is the battery which is not everlasting.

With the invention of mobile phones came different myths and misconceptions on how to and how not to use a mobile device and their batteries.

Here are six things you believed wrong about smartphone’s batteries:

#1. Never Use Your Phone While It Charges

Alot of smartphone users generally believe using a phone while it charges has a negative impact on the longetivity of the battery life. This is only possible if you are using a low-quality ‘fake’ charger. Whether you use your phone while it charges or not, your battery will charge as expected with a good charger. This is because; while charging your phone, applications still run in the background and your phone device runs synced applications. So even if you do not use your phone, your phone is using your phone. Only in cases of overheating should you dial the action back abit.

#2. Your Battery Will Spoil If You Charge Your Phone Overnight

They are called ‘smart’ phones for a reason as most smartphones have been built to recognize when a battery is at a fully charged capacity and so, will stop charging. But for those who believe the battery has to be fully charged for them to have an optimal experience with the phone; your phone battery is optimal from 40 – 80 percent.

#3. You Should Only Use Brand/Follow-Come Chargers with Your Phone

False. While it is advisable to use good chargers, it is not a must to use the brand’s own charger only to charge your smartphone. Most Smartphone manufacturers enjoin you to use the official charger that comes with your phone. This is mainly because they highly recommend it as it is their brand but they do not specify that you don’t use any other charger. Meanwhile, stay away from knock-off, run-off-the-mills chargers.

#4. Surfing The Internet Will Drain The Battery Faster Than Anything Else

This is so not true because the internet still runs after you drop your phone when you are done with Instagram and Snap chat. Turning off your data only increases battery life to about 30%. But the number one thing that sucks the life out of your smartphone device is gaming. The high-end graphics engines are usually massive energy drainers. Which means that if you game a lot on your devices, you need to learn to dim the screen as much as you can while playing.

#5. Completely Drain Your Battery Before Plugging It In Again

These days, smartphones come with lithium-ion batteries are much different from the old batteries which we can say were ‘not so smart’. Every battery has a full capacity they can reach but the older batteries would “forget” their full capacity, so they normally wouldn’t be able to fully charge again over time.

So back then, folks would completely drain the battery to 0% before charging it again.

Smartphones today have lithium-ion batteries, which don’t suffer have “memory problems” of older nickel cadmium and nickel-metal hydride batteries. So, you can top-up that battery anytime without discharging it completely.

#6. Keeping It In The Fridge Will Improve Battery Life.

Very Wrong. The appropriate temperature for a smartphone battery is at room’s temperature – 20° - 25° C. A too low or too high temperature range will damage the battery.

Stay On Alibi Blog For More!

http://alibiblog.com.ng/?p=715

Picture Credit: Pixabay/123rf

"" #2. Your Battery Will Spoil If You Charge Your Phone Overnight ""

Oga stop misleading people.

Goan plug ur phone n leave it overnight to charge for 30 days, den come back n tell us the result.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Instagram Unveils New Logo / Pls Which Should I Go For, Samsung Galaxy J7 Or Tecno C9 / SAMSUNG,HTC,LG Android Upgrades, Rooting And HD Games For All Android Devices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.