Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,570 members, 7,958,761 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 10:48 PM

My Experience With The Volkswagen Passat 2007 Cruise Control - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Experience With The Volkswagen Passat 2007 Cruise Control (1410 Views)

The Production Of The Volkswagen Beetle Ends Today / How Reliable Are The Volkswagen Lt Bus / Explanation On What You Need To Know About The Cruise Control Of Your Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With The Volkswagen Passat 2007 Cruise Control by YorubaEmir: 6:45pm On Sep 29, 2018
I decided to test the feature after reading a thread on this platform about the cruise control.
Journey was from Lagos to Ibadan (my first time of driving to Ibadan).
Passat's cruise can only be activated when the car's speed is 15 MpH and above meaning it cannot cruise below 15 MpH.
The cruise control joystick is located just below the trafficator . The joystick is used to increase or decrease the speed at 1MpH or 5MpH intervals depending on the direction you're moving the joystick to. The same joystick is used to activate or deactivate the cruise.

If you're driving at say 103 MpH, the cruise control can hold this speed for you when you press the "activate button". You can choose to either decrease or increase it further.

Acceleqration is smooth and gear change is almost not noticeable. When the preset speed is attained , the car maintains the acceleration. When climbing a hill, more acceleration is applied to maintain speed and vice versa

Cruise control is also deactivated when the break is applied. A light on the dashboard shows when you're on cruise or not.

When on cruise , pressing the gas pedal can is also used to increase the cruise speed

Unfortunately, the bad road couldn't allow me a straight 10 minutes cruise without applying the breaks.

On fuel economy, owning to the fact that it was my first journey, I couldn't find any base for comparison.

Re: My Experience With The Volkswagen Passat 2007 Cruise Control by YorubaEmir: 6:49pm On Sep 29, 2018

Re: My Experience With The Volkswagen Passat 2007 Cruise Control by marshalldgreat(m): 6:53pm On Sep 29, 2018
Re: My Experience With The Volkswagen Passat 2007 Cruise Control by mayor2013: 6:57pm On Sep 29, 2018
Where you or are you a kutite wink
Re: My Experience With The Volkswagen Passat 2007 Cruise Control by YorubaEmir: 6:58pm On Sep 29, 2018
mayor2013:
Where you or are you a kutite wink

Kindly rephrase

1 Like

Re: My Experience With The Volkswagen Passat 2007 Cruise Control by mayor2013: 7:05pm On Sep 29, 2018
YorubaEmir:

Kindly rephrase

Hehehehe. Look at that hall. It had produced great men. So I ask again are you a kutite. wink
Re: My Experience With The Volkswagen Passat 2007 Cruise Control by YorubaEmir: 7:12pm On Sep 29, 2018
mayor2013:

Hehehehe. Look at that hall. It had produced great men. So I ask again are you a kutite. wink

Hehehehe.... Now I grab. Nope... B.Eng was was in UNN... M.Eng ... UI grin
Re: My Experience With The Volkswagen Passat 2007 Cruise Control by mayor2013: 7:25pm On Sep 29, 2018
YorubaEmir:

Hehehehe.... Now I grab. Nope... B.Eng was was in UNN... M.Eng ... UI grin

That's fine. We recognise you grin
Re: My Experience With The Volkswagen Passat 2007 Cruise Control by obekediamondfuto(m): 9:48pm On Sep 29, 2018
nice solid review on the Cruise system

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Yaris 2008 Available for Sale (Nigerian Used) - SOLD / Bugatti La Voiture Noire Owner Must Wait For 2.5 Yrs After Paying ₦6.7b / This U.S Based Nigerian Built The World Fastest Carbureted Front Wheel Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.