Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,091 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

I Want To Invest In My Home Town And Hopefully Attract Attention; Any Ideas? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Want To Invest In My Home Town And Hopefully Attract Attention; Any Ideas? (3264 Views)

I Need To Pay For An App On Playstore, Any Ideas? / I Need A Loan Of 5-6million Using My Land As Collateral. Any Ideas? / Haulage Business Any Ideas??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Invest In My Home Town And Hopefully Attract Attention; Any Ideas? by Pavore9: 11:21am On Oct 01, 2018
222Martins:
I follow the Agric section, and already have a lot of pages bookmarked and individuals followed. I like the kind of work Pavore9 is doing in Kenya. If he ever indicates interest in bringing his knowledge to Nigeria, then maybe.....just maybe we can work out something.

Someday, I will do that. Bring something unique home to Isiala/Ehime Mbano snd Ihitte-Uboma.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Invest In My Home Town And Hopefully Attract Attention; Any Ideas? by fykes(m): 11:35am On Oct 01, 2018
Personally I know about the opportunities and income scale in agricultural projects, what bemuses me however, is how nobody talks about the lows...
Security.. Y'all saying do agricultural projects... What is your idea of a farm? We have porous borders in Nigeria as a county talk more of villages and communities. How many of our rural people still stay and will love to work in farms for a rich man who they obviously expect handouts from?
Talk about the rampaging cows that could eat up farm without apologies.

Op. Ur best bet will be to take up an industrial project. It will cost more, it will create more. Other industries and emergency services will be created, Govt. will take notice, you will create jobs and a system too.
Ur community will develop real estate value due to visitors and house rents...
There's so much u can gain from industrialising your place at any scale you choose.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Invest In My Home Town And Hopefully Attract Attention; Any Ideas? by 222Martins(m): 2:43pm On Oct 01, 2018
Pavore9:

Someday, I will do that. Bring something unique home to Isiala/Ehime Mbano snd Ihitte-Uboma.
I look forward to that.
Re: I Want To Invest In My Home Town And Hopefully Attract Attention; Any Ideas? by 222Martins(m): 7:13pm On Oct 01, 2018
fykes:
Personally I know about the opportunities and income scale in agricultural projects, what bemuses me however, is how nobody talks about the lows...
Security.. Y'all saying do agricultural projects... What is your idea of a farm? We have porous borders in Nigeria as a county talk more of villages and communities. How many of our rural people still stay and will love to work in farms for a rich man who they obviously expect handouts from?
Talk about the rampaging cows that could eat up farm without apologies.

Op. Ur best bet will be to take up an industrial project. It will cost more, it will create more. Other industries and emergency services will be created, Govt. will take notice, you will create jobs and a system too.
Ur community will develop real estate value due to visitors and house rents...
There's so much u can gain from industrialising your place at any scale you choose.
Security is really an issue given the fact that farms are sited in secluded areas. I will take your suggestion into consideration. Thanks for your input.
Re: I Want To Invest In My Home Town And Hopefully Attract Attention; Any Ideas? by penuelway(m): 9:38pm On Oct 01, 2018
This is a laudable project and the best way to give back to your home town is establish a Processing Factory which will not only employ the people in the area but also add value to what is currently be farmed in those areas.
The 2 critical questions are usually what type of factory to setup and how to run it. I am glad to tell you that i can introduce a consulting firm that will be be willing to assist you in setting up and running such .What they do basically is to run indigenous factories and their track records can speak for them.
If interested kindly send a mail to penuelwayassociates@gmail.com .
Re: I Want To Invest In My Home Town And Hopefully Attract Attention; Any Ideas? by 222Martins(m): 10:01am On Oct 02, 2018
penuelway:
This is a laudable project and the best way to give back to your home town is establish a Processing Factory which will not only employ the people in the area but also add value to what is currently be farmed in those areas.
The 2 critical questions are usually what type of factory to setup and how to run it. I am glad to tell you that i can introduce a consulting firm that will be be willing to assist you in setting up and running such .What they do basically is to run indigenous factories and their track records can speak for them.
If interested kindly send a mail to penuelwayassociates@gmail.com .
What type of processing factory? What will be the produce? I suggest you share as much information here as you can because there are others who have the same cause in mind just like me. They may find your input helpful too. Thanks

1 Like

Re: I Want To Invest In My Home Town And Hopefully Attract Attention; Any Ideas? by 222Martins(m): 4:27pm On Oct 02, 2018
kellyboo:
Open a solar barbing salon for 5 youth..they don't need to buy generator none fuel..strictly solar..
Its damn affordable.
Contact me on 07038567494
Not feasible sir...
Re: I Want To Invest In My Home Town And Hopefully Attract Attention; Any Ideas? by Danny225: 1:21am On Oct 03, 2018
Sir, from my own point of view, erecting a factory in your community will be better it's going to provide job opportunity to the host community and also fast track development to the area. It will create jobs and the community name will be know under few months depending on the type of factory you want to build.

I don't know if you have heard about mini carbonated drinks factory.
Carbonated drinks production is the hottest deal for now and I don't think there is any carbonated drinks factory in imo state. You can start with this and before you know it, your community will be well know and It will bring development to the area. Yummy yummy noodles is located in a little known community in anambra state but there products is all over Nigeria.

Starting a production factory will be ideal and also bring respect to you within and outside the state.

I can provide you more details on how to start the business from start to finish. alphonsussunday8@gmail.com
Re: I Want To Invest In My Home Town And Hopefully Attract Attention; Any Ideas? by 222Martins(m): 7:32am On Oct 03, 2018
icon02:
THE BIG IDEA
MAKE 10 NEW MILLIONAIRES FROM YOUR VILLAGE EVERY 5 YEARS THROUGH AGRICULTURE
HOW: Create a youth empowerment foundation.
Announce your vision and mission to the whole community.
Have those interested write a qualification exams, select the best 10
Assemble a team of experts to train them on specially chosen agricultural production with high roi
Train some in agricultural produce supply and trading
Give them a grant non interest grant of 1m each
Place them under strict supervision for five years
They must have finished paying the grant after five years
Re-invest the money on new pole
Start the circle again
You should have successfully made a 40 millionaires after 7 years
They'll respect you more than the state Governor in your local government
If you sneeze everyone sincerely catches a cold.
Pm me if you want to hear more
NB. Don't spend your money building physical structure but in building people who'll build structures
Very insightful suggestion. Thanks
Re: I Want To Invest In My Home Town And Hopefully Attract Attention; Any Ideas? by 222Martins(m): 9:56am On Oct 03, 2018
Danny225:
Sir, from my own point of view, erecting a factory in your community will be better it's going to provide job opportunity to the host community and also fast track development to the area. It will create jobs and the community name will be know under few months depending on the type of factory you want to build.

I don't know if you have heard about mini carbonated drinks factory.
Carbonated drinks production is the hottest deal for now and I don't think there is any carbonated drinks factory in imo state. You can start with this and before you know it, your community will be well know and It will bring development to the area. Yummy yummy noodles is located in a little known community in anambra state but there products is all over Nigeria.

Starting a production factory will be ideal and also bring respect to you within and outside the state.

I can provide you more details on how to start the business from start to finish. alphonsussunday8@gmail.com
Thanks for your input. I will take your suggestion into consideration.
Re: I Want To Invest In My Home Town And Hopefully Attract Attention; Any Ideas? by leetech: 1:10pm On Oct 03, 2018
good day Mr Martins,i am Mr Emmy from niger state but from imo state.I am 26 years old,a graduate of of biochemistry class of 2015 and still hoping for greener pastures.When i came accros this thread the first idea that came to mind was to start a skill acquisition center and MFB where loan and grants can be gotten easily by young graduates like myself as i have nursed a business plan for over two years now with no fund in place.I guess i was being selfish.
Studying critically all the points/Ideas stated so far ,Agriculture should have been the best option but for secuirity which must be taken into full consideration.
Finally, i believe a manufacturing industry is a perfect idea.Factory that produces food and beverages maybe soft drinks specifically .This will not employ youths skilled and unskilled but also announce the name of your town and attracts outsider.You can perhaps name the factory after your town.
Furthermore,it must be affordable to beat competition and attract the needed market aswell as stand out in terms of quantity and quality.By the grace of god it will be a win win situation for yourself and your town.I will gladly like to be part of this project should you choose to embark on it,i dnt mind relocating home.
thank you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Invest In My Home Town And Hopefully Attract Attention; Any Ideas? by Incredibleme: 7:12pm On Oct 03, 2018
Good to see that People have started heeding to the philosophy of aku ruo ulo.

If you want to see repid development in your community, from what I've learnt from my economics professors in school is to go industrial.

Look for what is being produced in you community and environs, be it casava, yams, plantain, fruits, cashew, palm, etc usually these products are produced and sold off in raw form, develop a business model of refining these products to semi or final products e.g flour, fruit drinks, refined cashew, oil, and other byproducts of these raw materials, and sell them or better still export them (which is more profitable) There are always markets for anything edible.

I would advise you go to Imo state and carry out a feasibility study and analysis to carefully know what you want to do. talk to the farmers, know how much they produce, sell and for how much they sell, who their buyers are. Study the market chain. This isn't difficult. Then you will know the most economic value chain.

When you exploit and existing value chain, more employments are created, people begin to see the economic importance of these goods and therefore look for ways to fit into any of the chains, eg farming, distribution, security, and other services begin to appear. This is a faster way to attract development.

Nigerian are becoming lazy, giving grants wouldn't make impacts faster, engaging in farming would not employ much labour. Industry is the way.

222Martins

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Invest In My Home Town And Hopefully Attract Attention; Any Ideas? by 222Martins(m): 10:55pm On Oct 03, 2018
Incredibleme:
Good to see that People have started heeding to the philosophy of aku ruo ulo.

If you want to see repid development in your community, from what I've learnt from my economics professors in school is to go industrial.

Look for what is being produced in you community and environs, be it casava, yams, plantain, fruits, cashew, palm, etc usually these products are produced and sold off in raw form, develop a business model of refining these products to semi or final products e.g flour, fruit drinks, refined cashew, oil, and other byproducts of these raw materials, and sell them or better still export them (which is more profitable) There are always markets for anything edible.

I would advise you go to Imo state and carry out a feasibility study and analysis to carefully know what you want to do. talk to the farmers, know how much they produce, sell and for how much they sell, who their buyers are. Study the market chain. This isn't difficult. Then you will know the most economic value chain.

When you exploit and existing value chain, more employments are created, people begin to see the economic importance of these goods and therefore look for ways to fit into any of the chains, eg farming, distribution, security, and other services begin to appear. This is a faster way to attract development.

Nigerian are becoming lazy, giving grants wouldn't make impacts faster, engaging in farming would not employ much labour. Industry is the way.

222Martins
That's the plan bro. In the course of developing businesses and properties in other states, my company has graded roads, installed poles and cables and pulled in electricity, employed youths of that area, paid youth development levies and marching ground; and what do we get after all these...."Bullying and Envy." I think it's time to do something for my people. Thanks so much for your suggestion.
Re: I Want To Invest In My Home Town And Hopefully Attract Attention; Any Ideas? by mankettle(m): 1:56am On Oct 04, 2018
nice one Op. may God reward you greatly.
now my idea is just basic.
if you have access to land and water, why not establish large Greenhouses in your community to provide food. jobs can be created as it is the youth that will be employed. to go a step further, after training the youth for about a year( you might need to build a hostel for them), you can give them interest free loans to establish their own greenhouse based on your own recommendation.
Re: I Want To Invest In My Home Town And Hopefully Attract Attention; Any Ideas? by 222Martins(m): 9:04am On Oct 04, 2018
leetech:
good day Mr Martins,i am Mr Emmy from niger state but from imo state.I am 26 years old,a graduate of of biochemistry class of 2015 and still hoping for greener pastures.When i came accros this thread the first idea that came to mind was to start a skill acquisition center and MFB where loan and grants can be gotten easily by young graduates like myself as i have nursed a business plan for over two years now with no fund in place.I guess i was being selfish.
Studying critically all the points/Ideas stated so far ,Agriculture should have been the best option but for secuirity which must be taken into full consideration.
Finally, i believe a manufacturing industry is a perfect idea.Factory that produces food and beverages maybe soft drinks specifically .This will not employ youths skilled and unskilled but also announce the name of your town and attracts outsider.You can perhaps name the factory after your town.
Furthermore,it must be affordable to beat competition and attract the needed market aswell as stand out in terms of quantity and quality.By the grace of god it will be a win win situation for yourself and your town.I will gladly like to be part of this project should you choose to embark on it,i dnt mind relocating home.
thank you
Thanks for your contribution.I suggest you follow me here on Nairaland as i intend sharing my experience here when the project kicks off.
Re: I Want To Invest In My Home Town And Hopefully Attract Attention; Any Ideas? by leetech: 8:07pm On Oct 04, 2018
222Martins:
Thanks for your contribution.I suggest you follow me here on Nairaland as i intend sharing my experience here when the project kicks off.
I will
Re: I Want To Invest In My Home Town And Hopefully Attract Attention; Any Ideas? by 222Martins(m): 5:28pm On Oct 09, 2018
I am currently doing some on-the-ground feasibility study and survey with the locals...I will post my findings and next move when I am done. In the mean time, I am open to more ideas or suggestions. Thanks
Re: I Want To Invest In My Home Town And Hopefully Attract Attention; Any Ideas? by Lubebay: 8:25pm On Oct 09, 2018
wink
Re: I Want To Invest In My Home Town And Hopefully Attract Attention; Any Ideas? by Pr0cter: 8:45pm On Oct 09, 2018
OP let me give you some free advice.

After reading your post, I believe you are from IMO state. Lol! I just unmasked your identity. I'll suggest that while you give back to your community, you should also yield profit. i.e creating an industry that require alot of manpower and return on capital investment. You can't afford to go broke in years to come

I. I'll suggest you start a pure water company in your community and you can even put a tap outside your factory for your village people to fetch water for domestic use because most homes in the east don't have water. They pure water company will enable the youth in your community to be gainfully employed and at the same time yield profit for you on a long run.

II. I'll suggest you startup a full fledged cassava plantation on a 10 acres of land. The overall expenditure for this can't be more than 600k. You can choose to scale up and acquire more land or expand your tentacles to poultry farming. Land acquisition for farming is relatively cheap in the east and so is the labor. With these you can gainfully employ not less than 30-40 labourers and at the harvesting period you could yield a return of up to #1.2 million.

The choice is yours bro
Re: I Want To Invest In My Home Town And Hopefully Attract Attention; Any Ideas? by 222Martins(m): 9:24am On Oct 10, 2018
Pr0cter:

After reading your post, I believe you are from IMO state. Lol! I just unmasked your identity. I'll suggest that while you give back to your community, you should also yield profit. i.e creating an industry that require alot of manpower and return on capital investment. You can't afford to go broke in years to come

I. I'll suggest you start a pure water company in your community and you can even put a tap outside your factory for your village people to fetch water for domestic use because most homes in the east don't have water. They pure water company will enable the youth in your community to be gainfully employed and at the same time yield profit for you on a long run.

II. I'll suggest you startup a full fledged cassava plantation on a 10 acres of land. The overall expenditure for this can't be more than 600k. You can choose to scale up and acquire more land or expand your tentacles to poultry farming. Land acquisition for farming is relatively cheap in the east and so is the labor. With these you can gainfully employ not less than 30-40 labourers and at the harvesting period you could yield a return of up to #1.2 million.

The choice is yours bro
Thanks for your input. With feedback I am getting from the ongoing feasibility study, crop cultivation won't give me the desired results. So it's industrialisation all the way. A small scale manufacturing, food production or agro processing plant.

My long term goal aside employment and profit is to encourage people to come back home and build something. I hope my projects can give them a dose of motivation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Invest In My Home Town And Hopefully Attract Attention; Any Ideas? by Pr0cter: 9:36am On Oct 10, 2018
222Martins:
Thanks for your input. With feedback I am getting from the ongoing feasibility study, crop cultivation won't give me the desired results. So it's industrialisation all the way. A small scale manufacturing, food production or agro processing plant.

My long term goal aside employment and profit is to encourage people to come back home and build something. I hope my projects can give them a dose of motivation.

Well, it's all good that you've gotten it all figured out. But if I may ask. Do you have a political motive??

1 Like

Re: I Want To Invest In My Home Town And Hopefully Attract Attention; Any Ideas? by Lubebay: 9:45am On Oct 10, 2018
wink
Pr0cter:

Well, it's all good that you've gotten it all figured out. But if I may ask. Do you have a political motive??
Re: I Want To Invest In My Home Town And Hopefully Attract Attention; Any Ideas? by 222Martins(m): 10:26am On Oct 10, 2018
Pr0cter:

None for now. Though few people have nudged me to consider politics using this proposed project of mine as an entry card. But my brother, with the kind of politics we play in Nigeria, I don't want to lose this peace of mind that I am enjoying now. But if any credible person close to me decides to contest for a post and seeks my support, I may back the person. But for me in person, NO...at least for now.
Re: I Want To Invest In My Home Town And Hopefully Attract Attention; Any Ideas? by sonety2k(m): 1:09am On Nov 26, 2019
Please update us on what you have done for your Town
Re: I Want To Invest In My Home Town And Hopefully Attract Attention; Any Ideas? by SavageResponse(m): 2:30pm On Sep 24, 2020
222Martins:
None for now. Though few people have nudged me to consider politics using this proposed project of mine as an entry card. But my brother, with the kind of politics we play in Nigeria, I don't want to lose this peace of mind that I am enjoying now. But if any credible person close to me decides to contest for a post and seeks my support, I may back the person. But for me in person, NO...at least for now.

Which project did you eventually do?
Re: I Want To Invest In My Home Town And Hopefully Attract Attention; Any Ideas? by 222Martins(m): 3:19pm On Sep 24, 2020
SavageResponse:

Which project did you eventually do?
My brother, this life is dynamic oh. I just saw my comment you quoted now and i am laughing out loud here. Look at me saying i have no interest in politics. grin grin grin Well, after acquiring a large parcel of land for the project; i was finally convinced to join politics and i did. I am now a politician oh, doing my little best in sponsoring the annual Youth Football competitions of some towns; so i can win the hearts of the youths. This life sef. grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Invest In My Home Town And Hopefully Attract Attention; Any Ideas? by LiquidMer: 4:10pm On Sep 24, 2020
222Martins:
My brother, this life is dynamic oh. I just saw my comment you quoted now and i am laughing out loud here. Look at me saying i have no interest in politics. grin grin grin Well, after acquiring a large parcel of land for the project; i was finally convinced to join politics and i did. I am now a politician oh, doing my little best in sponsoring the annual Youth Football competitions of some towns; so i can win the hearts of the youths. This life sef. grin grin grin grin
lolz, you are doing good..

1 Like

Re: I Want To Invest In My Home Town And Hopefully Attract Attention; Any Ideas? by Corroro: 5:24pm On Sep 24, 2020
222Martins:
lol, you're still doing good though that business would have been fantastic too, especially knowing that as a businessman you could now send or receive money from any bank with zero account maintenance fee at https://on.fcmb.com/online-account-business3 . This is a perfect deal for any SME

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Invest In My Home Town And Hopefully Attract Attention; Any Ideas? by mariahAngel(f): 5:39pm On Sep 24, 2020
icon02:
THE BIG IDEA
MAKE 10 NEW MILLIONAIRES FROM YOUR VILLAGE EVERY 5 YEARS THROUGH AGRICULTURE
HOW: Create a youth empowerment foundation.
Announce your vision and mission to the whole community.
Have those interested write a qualification exams, select the best 10
Assemble a team of experts to train them on specially chosen agricultural production with high roi
Train some in agricultural produce supply and trading
Give them a grant non interest grant of 1m each
Place them under strict supervision for five years
They must have finished paying the grant after five years
Re-invest the money on new pole
Start the circle again
You should have successfully made a 40 millionaires after 7 years
They'll respect you more than the state Governor in your local government
If you sneeze everyone sincerely catches a cold.
Pm me if you want to hear more
NB. Don't spend your money building physical structure but in building people who'll build structures

Oh my! I love your mind!

Lately, I've been passionate about agriculture...

1 Like

Re: I Want To Invest In My Home Town And Hopefully Attract Attention; Any Ideas? by mariahAngel(f): 5:43pm On Sep 24, 2020
Pr0cter:

The choice is yours bro

That is exploitation of poor people and it is wrong.
Re: I Want To Invest In My Home Town And Hopefully Attract Attention; Any Ideas? by mariahAngel(f): 5:47pm On Sep 24, 2020
222Martins:
Mbano, Imo state.

Wow!

Ehime or Isi-ala?
Re: I Want To Invest In My Home Town And Hopefully Attract Attention; Any Ideas? by mariahAngel(f): 5:52pm On Sep 24, 2020
Pavore9:

You're from one of the places you stated?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Start Small Scale Importation Business With As Low As N10,000 / Urgent Answers Needed On Gtbank Credit Card / How To Receive Western Union Money Transfers Online Via Quickteller

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.