Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,683 members, 7,955,533 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:31 AM

I Want To Invest In My Home Town And Hopefully Attract Attention; Any Ideas? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Want To Invest In My Home Town And Hopefully Attract Attention; Any Ideas? (3427 Views)

Business Marquee Signs: A Cost-effective Way To Attract Attention / I Need A Loan Of 5-6million Using My Land As Collateral. Any Ideas? / Haulage Business Any Ideas??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: I Want To Invest In My Home Town And Hopefully Attract Attention; Any Ideas? by mariahAngel(f): 6:09pm On Sep 24, 2020
Incredibleme:
Good to see that People have started heeding to the philosophy of aku ruo ulo.

If you want to see repid development in your community, from what I've learnt from my economics professors in school is to go industrial.

Look for what is being produced in you community and environs, be it casava, yams, plantain, fruits, cashew, palm, etc usually these products are produced and sold off in raw form, develop a business model of refining these products to semi or final products e.g flour, fruit drinks, refined cashew, oil, and other byproducts of these raw materials, and sell them or better still export them (which is more profitable) There are always markets for anything edible.

I would advise you go to Imo state and carry out a feasibility study and analysis to carefully know what you want to do. talk to the farmers, know how much they produce, sell and for how much they sell, who their buyers are. Study the market chain. This isn't difficult. Then you will know the most economic value chain.

When you exploit and existing value chain, more employments are created, people begin to see the economic importance of these goods and therefore look for ways to fit into any of the chains, eg farming, distribution, security, and other services begin to appear. This is a faster way to attract development.

Nigerian are becoming lazy, giving grants wouldn't make impacts faster, engaging in farming would not employ much labour. Industry is the way.

222Martins

This made me excited. Aku g'e rurila ala-Igbo
My dream is for successful Igbo youths to go back, establish home and comfortably settle there.
To create and distribute wealth among the people.
Re: I Want To Invest In My Home Town And Hopefully Attract Attention; Any Ideas? by Pavore9: 7:14am On Sep 25, 2020
mariahAngel:

You're from one of the places you stated?

Yes, both represents my dad and mum's side.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Invest In My Home Town And Hopefully Attract Attention; Any Ideas? by mariahAngel(f): 7:25am On Sep 25, 2020
Pavore9:

Yes, both represents my dad and mum's side.

That is awesome to know.
Both my dad and mum are from Isi-ala mbano.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Builddirect Africa: Laser Cutting As A Business In Nigeria / How To Check Your BVN Number Using Mobile Phone (USSD) | Airtel, MTN, Glo And 9m / Lists Of Banks Licensed To Operate In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.