Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,748 members, 7,817,064 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia - Travel (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia (124106 Views)

Video Of Stranded Nigerians, Africans At Ukraine/Poland Border / American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread / Toni Iwobi: I Will Deport Nigerians, Africans Without Papers In Italy" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (70) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by Time2win(m): 7:34pm On Apr 13, 2019
ibrahimovic303:
I cannot kee myself...just go eat some kebab jare smiley

Looks like sharwama lol. I dey feel you. How Joensuu area be for finland. I got fully funded program for UEF

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by ibrahimovic303: 8:04pm On Apr 13, 2019
Time2win:

Looks like sharwama lol. I dey feel you. How Joensuu area be for finland. I got fully funded program for UEF

Na Eastern Finland...nothing much dey sup there; but Wolt sef dey work there so you fit hustle something with even bicycle gan, even Posti too
Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by ibrahimovic303: 8:19pm On Apr 13, 2019
vocalprince:
Zlatan, How far my brother? I just dey follow this thread silently since. You are really doing well. Few questions

1) I just got admitted to study in The University of Gothenburg, Sweden. How little do you know about the place?
2) The school fees high no be here o! But there is hope for scholarship.
3) Is Sweden a good place to leave a well paying job and relocate to?
4) If the scholarship no show, do You think I should still pursue the process?

Thanks.

1) I’ve only passed G’thenburg on my way to another city called Tibro in Sweden last summer and besides that I’ve got nothing useful to say here...consult google on this..

2) Scholarship is always the headway, so comb the school for every opportunity!!

3) Sweden is not bad at all; i will advise you to make friends with Nigerians currently living there because from my experience here, our people help each other for recommendations for jobs especially menial ones that will help you wella in the beginning..!

4) Pursue am!!! After 5yrs you will understand that you made a good choice, with hardwork, patience and smart decisions...everything suddenly becomes possible

Take care amigo

5 Likes

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by Time2win(m): 8:30pm On Apr 13, 2019
ibrahimovic303:

Na Eastern Finland...nothing much dey sup there; but Wolt sef dey work there so you fit hustle something with even bicycle gan, even Posti too

Correct! My program dey pay stipends for living expenses but i go like do other side jobs to have good savings. Which health insurance package did you use during your time for visa application.
Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by ibrahimovic303: 8:32pm On Apr 13, 2019
Time2win:

Correct! My program dey pay stipends for living expenses but i go like do other side jobs to have good savings. Which health insurance package did you use during your time for visa application.

Omor i don forget gan...but sha i did pay around 30k or so; e be like say na AIG abi wetin
Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by Time2win(m): 8:34pm On Apr 13, 2019
ibrahimovic303:

Omor i don forget gan...but sha i did pay around 30k or so; e be like say na AIG abi wetin

You mean AIICO insurance?
Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by ibrahimovic303: 8:38pm On Apr 13, 2019
Time2win:

You mean AIICO insurance?

Yeah i think so
Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by olioxx(m): 8:43pm On Apr 13, 2019
vocalprince:

3) Is Sweden a good place to leave a well paying job and relocate to?

Thanks.
Sweden is a good country, but you just gatz to deal with tax, but the tax is put into good use to grow the economy and the quality of life of the people. You will also gatz to adapt to racism oo... And also learn to adapt to the weather.
From what i heard, accomodation is hectic in Sweden. Be aware of that.
Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by Time2win(m): 8:43pm On Apr 13, 2019
ibrahimovic303:

Yeah i think so

Alright, thanks man.

1 Like

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by error4040: 9:39pm On Apr 13, 2019
ibrahimovic303:
I cannot kee myself...just go eat some kebab jare smiley
You deserve am Jare!.
All work with out play make jack a Dull,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

1 Like

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by ibrahimovic303: 9:53pm On Apr 13, 2019
error4040:

You deserve am Jare!.
All work with out play make jack a Dull,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Yes oh...na so

1 Like

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by lordally(m): 1:39am On Apr 14, 2019
ibrahimovic303:

We full ground Brother nor be problem at all....many Naija guys from this thread currently living here in Finland sef still spread for here grin

1 Like

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by IchBinBrait(m): 11:14pm On Apr 15, 2019
ibrahimovic303:
Journey continues to the port city of Turku where our Viking Cruiseliner leaves from...my coach friend just dey talk plenty, we gaz leave am make boat nor go leave us oh embarassed once Finnish people know say you dey speak their language omor them go wan give you all the gist for this life at once cheesy

Been following this thread from page 1.. Just started two days ago.

Wow,, lovely moments I must say and Mr Ibra you are a strong motivator. Please do not relent.

First observation: Is that darkness am seeing? But it is only 5:23pm shocked
Second observation: The streets/roads are deserted
Third observation: The country is way too cold..

Las las nowhere wey 9ja man no fit survive.

1 Like

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by IchBinBrait(m): 4:16pm On Apr 16, 2019
ibrahimovic303:

I can’t count sef...but the most recent was some old people refusing to be in same elevator with me...they spoke in Finnish not knowing I understand the language

I have read a lot about the Finns on quora, blogs and social media platforms. I deduced that those people are really scared of blacks. It is some kind of an unexplainable phobia. Perhaps they are thinking they would be hurt, robbed or scammed. Racism is one thing and fear is another thing but the result of both is discrimination. They behave the same way to Non Finnish people (white inclusive), no race is spared.

Learning the language is key to be able to cope in a country of introverts.
Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by ibrahimovic303: 4:26pm On Apr 16, 2019
IchBinBrait:

I have read a lot about the Finns on quora, blogs and social media platforms. I deduced that those people are really scared of blacks. It is some kind of an unexplainable phobia. Perhaps they are thinking they would be hurt, robbed or scammed. Racism is one thing and fear is another thing but the result of both is discrimination. They behave the same way to Non Finnish people (white inclusive), no race is spared.

Learning the language is key to be able to cope in a country of introverts.

Yes you have said it all, learning the language will always help you to become friends with them sometimes...Another form of racism is institutional ones whereby you will apply for jobs and never get called up because your name doesn’t appear Finnish...Anyways, Finns are introverts by default and can be really boring, but you can be amazed at their extrovert behaviors after enough alcohol in the bar and suddenly they want to be friends with you... grin

3 Likes

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by ibrahimovic303: 4:30pm On Apr 16, 2019
IchBinBrait:

Been following this thread from page 1.. Just started two days ago.

Wow,, lovely moments I must say and Mr Ibra you are a strong motivator. Please do not relent.

First observation: Is that darkness am seeing? But it is only 5:23pm shocked
Second observation: The streets/roads are deserted
Third observation: The country is way too cold..

Las las nowhere wey 9ja man no fit survive.

Usually here in Finland and during winters, it can be too cold and so if you have no business being outside you should stay put in your house...unless you need to go to work or then to buy food...we Nigerians are huge survivalists finally, because who nor go nor go know las las

4 Likes

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by IchBinBrait(m): 5:29pm On Apr 16, 2019
ibrahimovic303:

Yes you have said it all, learning the language will always help you to become friends with them sometimes...Another form of racism is institutional ones whereby you will apply for jobs and never get called up because your name doesn’t appear Finnish...Anyways, Finns are introverts by default and can be really boring, but you can be amazed at their extrovert behaviors after enough alcohol in the bar and suddenly they want to be friends with you... grin

E be like say alcohol (highness) dey give them liver.. grin grin hahaha..
Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by Oskydaniellyyy: 7:04am On Apr 17, 2019
Friends, I got admitted for master program in linkoping university in Sweden , and also engineering design in university of Tromso, Narvik in norway.

Sweden is 2.5 million per semester while norway is free tuition.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks
Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by PHRANTAD(m): 12:28pm On Apr 17, 2019
Oskydaniellyyy:
Friends, I got admitted for master program in linkoping university in Sweden , and also engineering design in university of Tromso, Narvik in norway.

Sweden is 2.5 million per semester while norway is free tuition.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks
I would advise you go for the Norway option and possibly use little funds with you to find your way for d first few months.
Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by ibrahimovic303: 1:57pm On Apr 17, 2019
IchBinBrait:

E be like say alcohol (highness) dey give them liver.. grin grin hahaha..

Yes my man...with highness from alcohol they suddenly become big time extroverts, but when they’re sober, they’re big time introverts, always avoiding people and each other...they can be strange.. sad
Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by gowaga68: 9:58pm On Apr 17, 2019
Ibro and gurus here,
Any info on Lithuania pls?
Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by Joohan: 10:55pm On Apr 17, 2019
vocalprince:

Thanks for your response bro.
Let's pray The Almighty God Favors Me with one of the scholarships I applied for. As em give me admission, I sure say em go show me the way.

Thanks.

How much is the application fee?
Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by Bolamike: 6:21pm On Apr 18, 2019
gowaga68:
Ibro and gurus here,
Any info on Lithuania pls?

I recently applied to a university there (Vilnius University) and I got admitted today.
Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by gowaga68: 3:49am On Apr 19, 2019
Let me pm you so we talk better pls.

Bolamike:

I recently applied to a university there (Vilnius University) and I got admitted today.
Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by Smartnedu92(m): 10:49pm On Apr 19, 2019
Hello,

Kings in the house, i recently got admitted in Tampere University in Finland and was given 100% scholarship. How do i go about my RP, documents to provide, info on sponsor and all of that. Any little help will be appreciated.

Chief IBRA, i respect your government PRA PRA .
Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by IchBinBrait(m): 5:57pm On Apr 20, 2019
Smartnedu92:
Hello,

Kings in the house, i recently got admitted in Tampere University in Finland and was given 100% scholarship. How do i go about my RP, documents to provide, info on sponsor and all of that. Any little help will be appreciated.

Congratulations bruder... Ibra is in a perfect position to answer.
Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by Smartnedu92(m): 6:25pm On Apr 20, 2019
IchBinBrait:

Congratulations bruder... Ibra is in a perfect position to answer.

While i wait for IBRA, if anyone have anything to share i wouldn't mind.

Thanks guys
Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by tizzdi(m): 8:04pm On Apr 20, 2019
Smartnedu92:
Hello,

congrats bro..am honestly happy for u..under what course did u get the scholarship
Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by Bolamike: 9:05pm On Apr 20, 2019
gowaga68:
Let me pm you so we talk better pls.

Sent you a pm

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (70) (Reply)

Pictures Of Dana Air Crash Victims / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With No Visa From Nigeria. / Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.