Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,038 members, 7,825,287 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

Don't Be Afraid Of Any GO Laying Curses - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Don't Be Afraid Of Any GO Laying Curses (1479 Views)

Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" / Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" / Bishop David Oyedepo Curses Fulani Herdsmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Be Afraid Of Any GO Laying Curses by babeosisi: 1:42pm On Sep 30, 2018
Pentecostal pastors have since manipulated African congregants with laying of curses.
They claim to have the power to bless and curse and therefore hold people in bondage just to scam them of money.
Can a pastor lay a curse?
Does he have the power to do so
What does God say about it?
How about the saying "touch not my anointed" which members are quick to use in support of their thieving pastors?What was the context?

Come with me to the bible and see that those are useless threats from a pastor to an ignorant congregation that refuse to study the Word
We shall take our texts from scripture
Yes I am a born again Christian
Born again of the Holy Ghost but born against fraud and deception on the pulpit

Watch this space
Re: Don't Be Afraid Of Any GO Laying Curses by dingbang(m): 1:45pm On Sep 30, 2018
God has a special place for them
Re: Don't Be Afraid Of Any GO Laying Curses by babeosisi: 1:57pm On Sep 30, 2018
Let me start by laying a foundation and I will keep it simple.

The nature of God is in his word.
There is no revelation any man of God can claim outside the word ,if he does he is false.
The bible is divided in two
The old testament and the new
The old testament OT shows us the dealings of God and the people of Israel where they were required to follow certain rules and regulations that couldn't make them righteous.
They required a high priest to make atonement annually before God.
Then at the fulness of time Christ came.

Grace was the original plan of God because Abraham lived under Grace,before the law .
The law started after the deliverance from Egypt in exodus
The Bible says the law was a schoolmaster, it was im perfect and it was temporal.
Jesus fulfilled the law and by his death,burial and resurrection,the law became obsolete, the law expired ,the law became replaced by Grace.
Have you noticed that most pulpit merchants never read out of the new testament ?
Haven't you wondered why?
The reason is simple,hear me
The new testament doesn't support their scamming ways
Any preacher taking ordinances and doctrine from the old testament is a scammer.

Yes
If your GO demands sacrifices from you taken out of the OT,he is a fraudster .
He wants you ignorant still so he can scam you dry

I said watch this space
Re: Don't Be Afraid Of Any GO Laying Curses by Shelumiel: 1:57pm On Sep 30, 2018
There is a quote in the bible which says " an undeserved curse has no resting place ". So it boils down to doing a true search of one's self and life: if you are guilty of wrong, and the man of God curses you , indeed you will be cursed . But if you have done no wrong , then such a curse(no matter how strong the anointing the a man of God may have ) will have no effect .

1 Like

Re: Don't Be Afraid Of Any GO Laying Curses by babeosisi: 2:03pm On Sep 30, 2018
Shelumiel:
There is a quote in the bible which says " an undeserved curse has no resting place ". So it boils down to doing a true search of one's self and life: if you are guilty of wrong, and the man of God curses you , indeed you will be cursed . But if you have done no wrong , then such a curse(no matter how strong the anointing the a man of God may have ) will have no effect .

I repeat
A man of God or man of dog cannot curse anyone
He himself needs Grace daily as much as everyone else.
We will use the scripture to prove it all
That's why they curse endlessly and nothing happens yet ignorant people are afraid

1 Like

Re: Don't Be Afraid Of Any GO Laying Curses by Shelumiel: 2:05pm On Sep 30, 2018
babeosisi:

I repeat
A man of God or man of dog cannot curse anyone
He himself needs Grace as much as everyone else.
We will use the scripture to prove it all
That's why they curse endlessly and nothing happens yet ignorant people are afraid
Sir the scriptures can never be altered ,why ? Because God does not change. You trying to do away with the old testament or its laws is like you trying to say God is no longer constant ; and that He changes .

1 Like

Re: Don't Be Afraid Of Any GO Laying Curses by babeosisi: 2:13pm On Sep 30, 2018
I'm starting with simple commonsense and basics before we delve into scripture.
First of all,who is a man of God?
Did God in the new testament create any distinction between the clergy and non clergy.
The answer is no he didn't.
With the coming of Christ,the line of demarcation between priests and the congregation disappeared.
We all became able ministers of the new testament ,the bible said.
He made all us priests
He made all of us heirs and joint heirs with Christ
There is no jew,no gentile,no bond or free
We became equal in God's sight and granted access to approach his throne of Grace

The bible says the middle wall of partition has been broken down.
You became anointed just as much
The same power of God in any man of God rests within you.
The same holy Spirit you received is what he received
Your blessings are not connected to any man of God
But you will remain ignorant if you stay under manipulative teachers that won't tell you who you are in Christ.

Still laying some foundation
Re: Don't Be Afraid Of Any GO Laying Curses by babeosisi: 2:14pm On Sep 30, 2018
Shelumiel:
Sir the scriptures can never be altered why ? Because God does not changed. You trying to do away with the old testament or its laws is like you trying to say God is no longer constant ; and that He changes .

The old testament was a shadow and it's fulfilled in Christ.
If you want to talk of scripture,you better know the scripture.
Please read the scriptures below.

Heb 10 8,9
8 First, Christ said, “You did not want animal sacrifices or sin offerings or burnt offerings or other offerings for sin, nor were you pleased with them” (though they are required by the law of Moses). 9 Then he said, “Look, I have come to do your will.” He cancels the first covenant in order to put the second into effect.

Heb 8 v 13 When God speaks of a “new” covenant, it means he has made the first one obsolete. It is now out of date and will soon disappear.

Heb 9 v 8 By these regulations the Holy Spirit revealed that the entrance to the Most Holy Place was not freely open as long as the Tabernacle[d] and the system it represented were still in use.

The old testament ordinances are cancelled,they are obsolete ,they have given way to Christ.
Christ is the focus of our new life.
May the Lord give you understanding.
If you don't grasp this,you will continue to struggle with living victoriously and men will continue to take undue advantage of you.

Mind you,scamming preachers won't read these passages to you.
It will spoil business but it's the truth
There are many more but let me stick with these for now
Re: Don't Be Afraid Of Any GO Laying Curses by Shelumiel: 2:18pm On Sep 30, 2018
babeosisi:

The old testament is fulfilled in Christ.
If you want to talk of scripture,you better know the scripture.
Knowing is one thing, but the understanding is another thing . My understanding of the scriptures is very clear on this matter.
Re: Don't Be Afraid Of Any GO Laying Curses by babeosisi: 2:21pm On Sep 30, 2018
Shelumiel:
Knowing is one thing, but the understanding is another thing . My understanding of the scriptures is very clear on this matter.

Read my modified post above.
The Bible is not subject to private interpretation
It has to be rightly divided in the light of Christ
Re: Don't Be Afraid Of Any GO Laying Curses by Shelumiel: 2:23pm On Sep 30, 2018
babeosisi:

Read my modified post above.
The Bible is not subject to private interpretation
It has to be rightly divided in the light of Christ
Rightly divided in the light of Christ or in your own light , which one ?

1 Like

Re: Don't Be Afraid Of Any GO Laying Curses by babeosisi: 2:24pm On Sep 30, 2018
Then now to the focus of my post
Can a preacher lay curses on followers.?
Re: Don't Be Afraid Of Any GO Laying Curses by babeosisi: 2:31pm On Sep 30, 2018
Jesus says

But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and the unjust. For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? … Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.” (Matthew 5:44-48)

A ha
Even when people curse you ,Jesus instructs us to bless them
Doesn't that mean that cursing those who curse you let alone those who simply wronged you cannot be of Christ ?
What spirit then is leading anyone cursing another is not of God
This is pretty clear isn't it?
So a pastor laying curses is not of God

Continuing
Re: Don't Be Afraid Of Any GO Laying Curses by babeosisi: 2:33pm On Sep 30, 2018
Shelumiel:
Rightly divided in the light of Christ or in your own light , which one ?

Did you bother reading the scriptures or you just want to argue without basis
The time of ignorance is over dear
Re: Don't Be Afraid Of Any GO Laying Curses by babeosisi: 2:41pm On Sep 30, 2018
Luke 6:45
A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of.

So a pastor cursing is an evil man according to the bible.
It is not the nature of Christ by overwhelming evidence,this is just one
It doesn't have the backing of Christ
If he is filled with the love of God he cannot bless and curse with the same mouth.
Don't be afraid of him
He only wants to control and scam you in your ignorance
Re: Don't Be Afraid Of Any GO Laying Curses by Shelumiel: 2:44pm On Sep 30, 2018
babeosisi:

Did you bother reading the scriptures or you just want to argue without basis
The time of ignorance is over dear
I have read the scriptures . This has given me the boldness to challenge your post .

1 Like

Re: Don't Be Afraid Of Any GO Laying Curses by babeosisi: 2:49pm On Sep 30, 2018
James 3 : 9-12 puts it clearly

With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse human beings, who have been made in God’s likeness. 10 Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers and sisters, this should not be. 11Can both fresh water and salt water flow from the same spring? 12My brothers and sisters, can a fig tree bear olives, or a grapevine bear figs? Neither can a salt spring produce fresh water.

Again
Should a Christian let alone a pastor curse people?
Again James tells us it's not the nature of the spirit we have received.
One cannot be of God and also of the devil
If a pastor is cursing,he is of the devil.
If a pastor has pronounced any curses ad scared you,you simply resist the devil in him and the devil is bound to flee.
Re: Don't Be Afraid Of Any GO Laying Curses by blueAgent(m): 6:24pm On Oct 04, 2018
babeosisi:
Let me start by laying a foundation and I will keep it simple.

The nature of God is in his word.
There is no revelation any man of God can claim outside the word ,if he does he is false.
The bible is divided in two
The old testament and the new
The old testament OT shows us the dealings of God and the people of Israel where they were required to follow certain rules and regulations that couldn't make them righteous.
They required a high priest to make atonement annually before God.
Then at the fulness of time Christ came.

Grace was the original plan of God because Abraham lived under Grace,before the law .
The law started after the deliverance from Egypt in exodus
The Bible says the law was a schoolmaster, it was im perfect and it was temporal.
Jesus fulfilled the law and by his death,burial and resurrection,the law became obsolete, the law expired ,the law became replaced by Grace.
Have you noticed that most pulpit merchants never read out of the new testament ?
Haven't you wondered why?
The reason is simple,hear me
The new testament doesn't support their scamming ways
Any preacher taking ordinances and doctrine from the old testament is a scammer.

Yes
If your GO demands sacrifices from you taken out of the OT,he is a fraudster .
He wants you ignorant still so he can scam you dry

I said watch this space

Which law became obsolete?
Is it the same law Jesus said in Matthew 5:18

For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth
pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass
from the law, till all be fulfilled.

https://www.biblicaltraining.org/library/law-sacrifical-system/old-testament-theology/paul-house

www.angelfire.com/la2/prophet1/WhatLawWasNailedToTheCross.html
Re: Don't Be Afraid Of Any GO Laying Curses by babeosisi: 8:48pm On Oct 04, 2018
blueAgent:

Which law became obsolete?
Is it the same law Jesus said in Matthew 5:18

For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth
pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass
from the law, till all be fulfilled.

https://www.biblicaltraining.org/library/law-sacrifical-system/old-testament-theology/paul-house

www.angelfire.com/la2/prophet1/WhatLawWasNailedToTheCross.html

Dont be too hasty in speech.
The Bible admonishes us to be quick to hear and slow to speech for a reason
Yes the law became obsolete because it was fulfilled in Christ.
Not my words .Read the text I provided in later posts
If you don't grasp this fundamenral truth, I'm sorry you are yet to know the purpose for which Christ came and died
Re: Don't Be Afraid Of Any GO Laying Curses by babeosisi: 8:51pm On Oct 04, 2018
Here for your education

Heb 8 v 13 When God speaks of a “new” covenant, it means he has made the first one obsolete. It is now out of date and will soon disappear.
Re: Don't Be Afraid Of Any GO Laying Curses by blueAgent(m): 6:23pm On Oct 05, 2018
babeosisi:

Dont be too hasty in speech.
The Bible admonishes us to be quick to hear and slow to speech for a reason
Yes the law became obsolete because it was fulfilled in Christ.
Not my words .Read the text I provided in later posts
If you don't grasp this fundamenral truth, I'm sorry you are yet to know the purpose for which Christ came and died

So Jesus was lying when he said he has not come to destory the law but to fulfill?

Matthew 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

If you have clicked those links i sent you you will not be arguing blindly that means you were the one who was in a haste.

Let me ask you since Jesus made the law Obsolete which law did Paul say we should establish?
Romans3:31
Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Sin is defined as the transgression of the law.
1 John 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

Romans 5:13
For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

Since Jesus made the law obsolete according to you how do we now define Sin, which law are we to use inorder to know or define what sin is?

We all know Sin still exists so how can sin still exists without the law?

I guess we will use Nigeria law.
Re: Don't Be Afraid Of Any GO Laying Curses by babeosisi: 7:06pm On Oct 05, 2018
blueAgent:

So Jesus was lying when he said he has not come to destory the law but to fulfill?

Matthew 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

If you have clicked those links i sent you you will not be arguing blindly that means you were the one who was in a haste.

Let me ask you since Jesus made the law Obsolete which law did Paul say we should establish?
Romans3:31
Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Sin is defined as the transgression of the law.
1 John 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

Romans 5:13
For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

Since Jesus made the law obsolete according to you how do we now define Sin, which law are we to use inorder to know or define what sin is?

We all know Sin still exists so how can sin still exists without the law?

I guess we will use Nigeria law.

I don't argue knowledge because it's hard to figure out if it's a comprehension problem or just stubborness.
Let me be very elementary.

If you go to a restaurant to eat and right after eating,a waiter walks up to tell you the gentleman that walked out the door had settled your bill,are you still responsible for the bill?
The answer is no
It doesn't mean you didn't incur a bill,you did but someone has satisfied the condition of the bill such that it means nothing to you anymore.
That's what Jesus did.

If you don't understand this simple analogy and apply it to your salvation as a done deal,you will struggle needlessly and subject yourself to rigorous rules and regulations.the scripture I quoted should be clear

Now do you realize there are over 600 laws,rules and regulations
So how on earth do you pick the ones to keep and the ones to discard since the bible says if you are guilty of one you are guilty of all.

If you don't accept the finished work of Christ as a done deal and a gift because Christ has satisfied all the conditions,pastors and prophets will eat you like moi moi.

I repeat the law has been completely replaced by the finished work on the cross.
If you still argue with that,you need to be born again
Re: Don't Be Afraid Of Any GO Laying Curses by babeosisi: 7:24pm On Oct 05, 2018
For anyone interested in knowledge,Christ totally satisfied and therefore replaced the law
First of all gentiles were never subject to the law to begin with so for us non Jews,we had no laws to obey.
When Christ by his death and resurrection made us Co heirs with him,we walked into a better covenant if Grace.

Luke 24 v 27 says "And beginning with Moses,he interpreted to them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

The above tells us that the old testament laws and prophets and texts were all pointing to Christ.
Christ is the message of scripture
In the OT he was concealed and now he is revealed.
We look into Jesu's and Jesus alone who is the author and finisher of our faith .

Romans 10 v 4
For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes

The bible says we don't pour new wine in old wine skin and there it was speaking about grace and laws.
You don't take a little bit of laws and mix it with Grace or Christ will be of no effect to you.
It is either 100% grace or its not grace at all.
Salvation and righteousness come purely by grace.
No works of man can add to what Christ did
Re: Don't Be Afraid Of Any GO Laying Curses by babeosisi: 7:26pm On Oct 05, 2018
Now back to the focus of the thread,don't fear any GO the then in you with curses,if you are a believer in Christ ,your life is hid with Christ in God ,nobody can curse you.
Anyone attempting to do so,has not been introduced to salvation
Re: Don't Be Afraid Of Any GO Laying Curses by blueAgent(m): 5:06pm On Oct 08, 2018
babeosisi:

I don't argue knowledge because it's hard to figure out if it's a comprehension problem or just stubborness.

If you go to a restaurant to eat and right after eating,a waiter walks up to tell you the gentleman that walked out the door had settled your bill,are you still responsible for the bill?
The answer is no
It doesn't mean you didn't incur a bill,you did but someone has satisfied the condition of the bill such that it means nothing to you anymore.
That's what Jesus did.

If you don't understand this simple analogy and apply it to your salvation as a done deal,you will struggle needlessly and subject yourself to rigorous rules and regulations.the scripture I quoted should be clear

So how on earth do you pick the ones to keep and the ones to discard since the bible says if you are guilty of one you are guilty of all.

If you don't accept the finished work of Christ as a done deal and a gift because Christ has satisfied all the conditions,pastors and prophets will eat you like moi moi.

I repeat the law has been completely replaced by the finished work on the cross.

I laugh at you. you craftly dodged to answer the questions are asked you instead you keep on recycling your same Words.

Like i said before there was a law nullified by the death of Christ and there is also a law which Christ said will never pass away till Heaven and Earth pass away we are also told to uphold the law by Jesus himself.

The question is which law is been reffered to in each case or was Jesus lying ?

Matthew 5:19
Whosoever therefore shall break one of these
least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of
heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Your problem with that of most pastors and clergymen is pride and arrogance they feel they know everything but the truth is they know NOTHING.

The First clue that shows that you don't know what you are saying is your inability to answer my questions as simple as they are.

If i were you i will humble myself and do more research on this topic with an open mind to know the truth.

God hates an arrogant and unteachable person.
Re: Don't Be Afraid Of Any GO Laying Curses by blueAgent(m): 5:11pm On Oct 08, 2018
babeosisi:

The answer is no
That's what Jesus did.

In Matthew19:16 Jesus asked a Man to obey the ten commandments inorder to gain eternal life the same law you claim he did away with.

Matthew 19:16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. 19:18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, 19:19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 19:20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet? 19:21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me. 19:22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.
Re: Don't Be Afraid Of Any GO Laying Curses by blueAgent(m): 5:17pm On Oct 08, 2018
babeosisi:
Here for your education

I laugh but even in the new covenant God's law was still valid.

In the new convenant God said he will put his laws in their hearts.

You just cherry pick verses that suit you fantasy.

Jeremiah 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: 31:32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my (LAW) in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. 31:34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

I guess its US law God will put in the new Convenant.
Re: Don't Be Afraid Of Any GO Laying Curses by blueAgent(m): 5:19pm On Oct 08, 2018
babeosisi:
For anyone interested in knowledge,Christ totally satisfied and therefore replaced the law
First of all gentiles were never subject to the law to begin with so for us non Jews,we had no laws to obey.
When Christ by his death and resurrection made us Co heirs with him,we walked into a better covenant if Grace.

Luke 24 v 27 says "And beginning with Moses,he interpreted to them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

The above tells us that the old testament laws and prophets and texts were all pointing to Christ.
We look into Jesu's and Jesus alone who is the author and finisher of our faith .

Romans 10 v 4

The bible says we don't pour new wine in old wine skin and there it was speaking about grace and laws.
You don't take a little bit of laws and mix it with Grace or Christ will be of no effect to you.

The problem is you don't understand what Grace is
Re: Don't Be Afraid Of Any GO Laying Curses by blueAgent(m): 5:21pm On Oct 08, 2018
babeosisi:

Romans 10 v 4

James 2:9 But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors. 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all. 2:11 For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law. 2:12 So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty. 2:13 For he shall have judgment without mercy, that hath shewed no mercy; and mercy rejoiceth against judgment.
Re: Don't Be Afraid Of Any GO Laying Curses by blueAgent(m): 5:25pm On Oct 08, 2018
babeosisi:

The answer is no
That's what Jesus did.

Really?

But out of all the laws in the Bible the 10commandments are the only laws given directly by God himself and they were written by his finger.

Only the ten commandments can define Sin.

www.the-ten-commandments.org/
Re: Don't Be Afraid Of Any GO Laying Curses by Nobody: 7:19pm On Oct 08, 2018
The messages of Jesus to the 7 Churches is enough to understand the mind of God even in this dispensation of Grace..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Theists Always Give Excuses When Given The Opportunity To Show Evidence, Why? / Jesus: The Way, The Truth And The Life / Did You Say Christians Were Boring?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.