Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:06 AM

Shocking Facts About Jehovah's Witnesses Founder (A Must Read) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Shocking Facts About Jehovah's Witnesses Founder (A Must Read) (6623 Views)

Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses / Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shocking Facts About Jehovah's Witnesses Founder (A Must Read) by Mcking11(m): 12:55pm On Oct 02, 2018
OneJ:

OP, present the proof that Mr C.T. Russell "instructed" where the. "pyramid was built" or shut up.
U have only made false allegations U were yet to prove. The burden of proof is on U.
"The Grand Lodge of British Columbia & Yukon has said that Russell was not a Freemason & notes that these symbols under discussion used are not exclusive to freemasonry but pre- dates the fraternity "
Russell "believed that Christian identity is incompatible with Freemason"
Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Taze_Russell

OP, U are a LIAR.

If your source is Wikipedia. Then I am sorry, you will never make a good researcher. Wikipedia has modified that page for many times. Jehovah's witnesses have been modifying it to suit their narratives.

That pyramid I posted there who owes it? Tell Me.
Re: Shocking Facts About Jehovah's Witnesses Founder (A Must Read) by Mcking11(m): 3:51pm On Oct 02, 2018
OneJ:

OP, present the proof that Mr C.T. Russell "instructed" where the. "pyramid was built" or shut up.
U have only made false allegations U were yet to prove. The burden of proof is on U.
"The Grand Lodge of British Columbia & Yukon has said that Russell was not a Freemason & notes that these symbols under discussion used are not exclusive to freemasonry but pre- dates the fraternity "
Russell "believed that Christian identity is incompatible with Freemason"
Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Taze_Russell

OP, U are a LIAR.

If at this stage, in this 21st century, you still Cite Wikipedia as your source, then you can never make a good researcher. Wikipedia page has been modified by Jehovah's witnesses to suit their narration.

Ask yourself, that pyramid I posted there who owes it? Google Russell and Pyramid and read up a lot of things. Do you know how many times Russell visited Egypt for pyramids?

You have chosen to brainwashed. I wish you good luck.

Next Sunday or tomorrow, I will post another one that will shock you.
Re: Shocking Facts About Jehovah's Witnesses Founder (A Must Read) by Oneboypikin: 5:49pm On Oct 02, 2018
Growing up in this Religion those Days.
I remember how those elders Behaved like politicians Nigerian African Politicians Money Status Social Class was involved in so many things
Many would Have affairs and Don't Care only to find out recently that elders had a Pass When committing "serious" sins without eviction
Useless religion
Re: Shocking Facts About Jehovah's Witnesses Founder (A Must Read) by Nobody: 8:26pm On Oct 02, 2018
Oneboypikin:
Growing up in this Religion those Days.
I remember how those elders Behaved like politicians Nigerian African Politicians Money Status Social Class was involved in so many things
Many would Have affairs and Don't Care only to find out recently that elders had a Pass When committing "serious" sins without eviction
Useless religion
Good! You have outgrown the "useless religion" so should we all forget about Jesus or Christianity? And if not, should individuals still continue gathering together as Christians? If so, please can you be of help to a sincere person who is interested in Christ so that you recommend another Church for him?
Re: Shocking Facts About Jehovah's Witnesses Founder (A Must Read) by OneJ: 9:51pm On Oct 02, 2018
Mcking11:

Proven evidence? Check his Wikipedia. You will even read the pyramid stuff there. Where was he buried? I am sure you know. The photos are all over google. It is not about tying to be popular. I am really telling you the truth.
Mcking11:

If at this stage, in this 21st century, you still Cite Wikipedia as your source, then you can never make a good researcher. Wikipedia page has been modified by Jehovah's witnesses to suit their narration.

Ask yourself, that pyramid I posted there who owes it? Google Russell and Pyramid and read up a lot of things. Do you know how many times Russell visited Egypt for pyramids?

You have chosen to brainwashed. I wish you good luck.

Next Sunday or tomorrow, I will post another one that will shock you.

Mcking11 made false claims about Mr Charles Taze Russell & JWs.
The con man directed "icybeth" to that Wikipedia link to support his dubious claims.
Mcking11 has called me "brainwashed", "you still cite Wikipedia as your source".

U are very crooked, dubious fellow & can only deceive the gullible folks on NL & get applauded by your dubious ilk who peddle falsehood against JWs.

"Wikipedia page has been modified by Jehovah's Witnesses to suit their narration".

What a con man U are !
SERIAL LIAR & CORRECT WAYO man spotted.
Re: Shocking Facts About Jehovah's Witnesses Founder (A Must Read) by achorladey: 10:50pm On Oct 02, 2018
TATIME:
That's quite unchristian you know! Jesus will never pray for those who aren't ready to accept His teachings,not to talk of those against Him,so your prayer means you're not even a Christian. John 17:8,9 compared to Proverbs 28:9,Jeremiah 11:14,14:11 Rather He refers to those not ready to follow Him as DEAD because they're dead spiritually. Luke 9:60 Even if believers die He refers to them as SLEEPING. John 11:11-14 If you're truly following Jesus,you should know what Jesus said concerning FOUNDATION. Luke 6:47-49 Foundation matters a lot during building, so Jesus used the foundation to emphasize the efficiency of builders. Jehovah's Witnesses organization began as Bible's students during the late 19th century with few members in America,they're just like every other protestants against the Catholic Church, gradually many are joining this group, later there was a splitting so that many left, those remaining continued zealously preaching and teaching what they know from the Bible. And today this is the ONLY group that has fulfilled all that Christ asked His followers to KEEP DOING, but you have labeled them as "cult" so please enlighten us what have they done that's unchristian by WORKS. James 2:26 Although Jesus Himself was labeled as the head of cultism. Matthew 10:24-26 So clarify your assertion because Jesus' enemies also referred to Him as the head of cultism,convince us that you're not an offspring of Jesus' enemies. John 8:44-49
TATIME: That's quite UNCHRISTIAN you know! JESUS will never PRAY for THOSE WHO aren't ready to accept HIS TEACHING,not to talk of those AGAINST HIM,so your prayer means you're not even a CHRISTIAN.

Achorladey: TATIME never cease to amaze us with his BRAND OF REASONING. Who is the LIAR here? JESUS or TATIME. If you know the individual, you know the LIAR. The Bible verses below is the LIE DETECTOR.

But Jesus was saying: “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.” Furthermore, they cast lots to distribute his garments Luke 23:34

You heard that it was said: ‘You must love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ However, I say to you: Continue to love your enemies and to pray for those WHO persecute you, Matthew 5:44

Don't forget WHO is the LIAR?

1 Like

Re: Shocking Facts About Jehovah's Witnesses Founder (A Must Read) by Nobody: 1:41am On Oct 03, 2018
achorladey:

TATIME: That's quite UNCHRISTIAN you know! JESUS will never PRAY for THOSE WHO aren't ready to accept HIS TEACHING,not to talk of those AGAINST HIM,so your prayer means you're not even a CHRISTIAN.
Achorladey: TATIME never cease to amaze us with his BRAND OF REASONING. Who is the LIAR here? JESUS or TATIME. If you know the individual, you know the LIAR. The Bible verses below is the LIE DETECTOR.
But Jesus was saying: “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.” Furthermore, they cast lots to distribute his garments Luke 23:34
You heard that it was said: ‘You must love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ However, I say to you: Continue to love your enemies and to pray for those WHO persecute you, Matthew 5:44
Don't forget WHO is the LIAR?
The GB has been right all along,Apostates should be ignored to completely.2John 10,11& 3John 9,10 So you're very good in preaching and teaching but have restricted all your talents only to be displayed on social media. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Whereas the one you're quoting "Jesus" instructed His own followers to go and meet people in their homes. Matthew 10:3-26, 28:19,20 Well let's see who is the liar now: Mr achorlardey Sir, please where do you worship presently? Because Jesus said we should continue to pray for those who persecute US but at John 17:8,9 He said "i only pray for those who agrees with me, not just anybody" so Mr achorlardey Truthful help solve the problem in that cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Shocking Facts About Jehovah's Witnesses Founder (A Must Read) by achorladey: 7:57am On Oct 03, 2018
TATIME:
The GB has been right all along,Apostates should be ignored to completely.2John 10,11& 3John 9,10 So you're very good in preaching and teaching but have restricted all your talents only to be displayed on social media. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Whereas the one you're quoting "Jesus" instructed His own followers to go and meet people in their homes. Matthew 10:3-26, 28:19,20 Well let's see who is the liar now: Mr achorlardey Sir, please where do you worship presently? Because Jesus said we should continue to pray for those who persecute US but at John 17:8,9 He said "i only pray for those who agrees with me, not just anybody" so Mr achorlardey Truthful help solve the problem in that cheesy cheesy cheesy

For I gave them the words you gave me and they accepted them. They knew with certainty that I came from you, and they believed that you sent me. I pray for them. I am not praying for the world, but for those you have given me, for they are yours. 

Who are YOU TATIME to determine those WHO belong to GOD and CHRIST? Take heed that aspect is not in your jurisdiction to decide. 1 Timothy 2:19 Nevertheless, God’s solid foundation stands firm, sealed with this inscription: “The Lord(NOT TATIME) knows ( NOT TATIME) those who are his,”

COPY THE FATHER......You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that?48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.
Re: Shocking Facts About Jehovah's Witnesses Founder (A Must Read) by Oneboypikin: 9:42am On Oct 03, 2018
TATIME:
Good! You have outgrown the "useless religion" so should we all forget about Jesus or Christianity? And if not, should individuals still continue gathering together as Christians? If so, please can you be of help to a sincere person who is interested in Christ so that you recommend another Church for him?
Are you mad in the Head or Something. Why are You Quoting me?
Do I know you. F*#ktard! Tell you Cord. Whose Wife Took a Sacrifice on the Middle of the Night and has the Guts To Look down on others to Talk to me
Re: Shocking Facts About Jehovah's Witnesses Founder (A Must Read) by Nobody: 1:19pm On Oct 03, 2018
achorladey:

For I gave them the words you gave me and they accepted them. They knew with certainty that I came from you, and they believed that you sent me. I pray for them. I am not praying for the world, but for those you have given me, for they are yours. 

Who are YOU TATIME to determine those WHO belong to GOD and CHRIST? Take heed that aspect is not in your jurisdiction to decide. 1 Timothy 2:19 Nevertheless, God’s solid foundation stands firm, sealed with this inscription: “The Lord(NOT TATIME) knows ( NOT TATIME) those who are his,”

COPY THE FATHER......You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that?48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.
We're talking about praying for those who believes you're evil due to your "demonstration as the evidence of what is not seen" FAITH. Not those who hate you simply because you're different from them regarding FAITH undecided undecided undecided For your information, we're to keep praying for those who don't know anything regarding FAITH but who are annoyed since there are others claiming FAITH yet "not different from them". Faithful servants of God "must not" pray in behalf of those familiar with things regarding FAITH but not ready to be separate from the world(Those without FAITH) Proverbs 28:9,Jeremiah 11:14,14:11,John 17:8,9. Surely Jesus said "I am not praying for the world" means He will never pray for those who are of the world,such individuals will never appreciate true faith because deep inside them 'they belong to the world" though they may found themselves in the midst of those having FAITH but truthfully speaking "they detest FAITH" wink wink wink
Re: Shocking Facts About Jehovah's Witnesses Founder (A Must Read) by Nobody: 1:26pm On Oct 03, 2018
Oneboypikin:

Are you mad in the Head or Something. Why are You Quoting me?
Do I know you. F*#ktard! Tell you Cord. Whose Wife Took a Sacrifice on the Middle of the Night and has the Guts To Look down on others to Talk to me
Hmmmmmmmmmm truthfully speaking my friend,you don't belong to that "useless religion" because you're just too USEFULL for the Lord. Hallelujah somebarry! Luke 6:43-45 cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Shocking Facts About Jehovah's Witnesses Founder (A Must Read) by Jidykejay: 1:40pm On Oct 03, 2018
Jehovah witnesses never preach the gospel. They concoct stories to deceive the gullible ones. You never hear repent and be saved.
Re: Shocking Facts About Jehovah's Witnesses Founder (A Must Read) by Nobody: 3:18pm On Oct 03, 2018
Jidykejay:
Jehovah witnesses never preach the gospel. They concoct stories to deceive the gullible ones. You never hear repent and be saved.
"You'll never hear repent and be saved" Hmmmmmmmmmm perhaps JWs are are zealously working on the "practical applications" instead of just mimicking slogans that those saying it don't even know it's REAL meaning. For example do you realize that the slogan "repent and be saved" means "your personality is filthy before the Almighty God so you must put on a new personality that's always conforming to whatever Jesus taught and did"? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Shocking Facts About Jehovah's Witnesses Founder (A Must Read) by Oneboypikin: 5:06pm On Oct 03, 2018
TATIME:
Hmmmmmmmmmm truthfully speaking my friend,you don't belong to that "useless religion" because you're just too USEFULL for the Lord. Hallelujah somebarry! Luke 6:43-45 cheesy cheesy cheesy
You are laughing don't worry Reality will hit you soon.
One of My reasons for associating with that Religion was because of my Perceived Lack Of Injustice in there was I wrong.
Your type have left Many more will leave
Don't Quote me again
Re: Shocking Facts About Jehovah's Witnesses Founder (A Must Read) by Nobody: 8:32pm On Oct 03, 2018
Oneboypikin:

You are laughing don't worry Reality will hit you soon.
One of My reasons for associating with that Religion was because of my Perceived Lack Of Injustice in there was I wrong.
Your type have left Many more will leave
Don't Quote me again
You're very very funny Sir/Ma! Jehovah's Witnesses you're talking about and i happens to be one of them, my friend you're a comedian if you say no Jehovah's Witness should Quote you while speaking against our organization. You chop witch? Common ge~raa~ra~hi! If you don't want people to quote you, why talk against them? Stupidity of the highest grade. And as for those leaving true faith, Jesus have already warned US that during the end time,part of the final signs before the end comes is that "majority will leave true Christianity" Matthew 24:12 then He adds "whoever endures to the end is the one that will be saved" Matthew 24:13 So you can see that a true Christian have NO BUSINESS with those leaving the faith.John 6:66-68 Jesus said "the ONE that endures" not "those that endures" as in mass movement. Therefore it's only the foolish person that will be thinking of the movement of the crowd after Jesus Christ has said "the ONE that endures". wink wink wink
Re: Shocking Facts About Jehovah's Witnesses Founder (A Must Read) by achorladey: 9:40pm On Oct 03, 2018
TATIME:
We're talking about praying for those who believes you're evil due to your "demonstration as the evidence of what is not seen" FAITH. Not those who hate you simply because you're different from them regarding FAITH undecided undecided undecided For your information, we're to keep praying for those who don't know anything regarding FAITH but who are annoyed since there are others claiming FAITH yet "not different from them". Faithful servants of God "must not" pray in behalf of those familiar with things regarding FAITH but not ready to be separate from the world(Those without FAITH) Proverbs 28:9,Jeremiah 11:14,14:11,John 17:8,9. Surely Jesus said "I am not praying for the world" means He will never pray for those who are of the world,such individuals will never appreciate true faith because deep inside them 'they belong to the world" though they may found themselves in the midst of those having FAITH but truthfully speaking "they detest FAITH" wink wink wink

I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made FOR ALL PEOPLE, ALL SORTS OF MEN(No distinction)— 2 for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. 3 This is good, and pleases God our Savior,4 who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2:1-4.

Just admit you're wrong on this one. Humility is not a bad thing to have as human. Romans 12: 20-21.

On the contrary: “If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.”21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Do your organization not encourage you to pray on behalf of your brothers who are imprisoned and that God should touch the heart of the leaders of those countries?
Re: Shocking Facts About Jehovah's Witnesses Founder (A Must Read) by ResLight: 1:59am On Oct 04, 2018
Mcking11:
When the founder of Jehovah’s witnesses died. “R. T. Russell” .

I am supposing that this is meant to be C. T. Russell. Brother Russell was never a member of the Jehovah's Witnesses. He did not believe in, and he preached against, such sectarian authoritarianism. He also preached against the message preached by the Jehovah's Witnesses. Russell was not the founder of that in which he did not believe, and which he preached against.

A lot my research related to Russell and the JWs may be found at:
http://rlctr..com/2016/12/jws.html

Mcking11:
He was buried on a land he bought prior to his
death.

Russell himself -- as an individual -- never owned the Rosemont Cemetery, nor did he personally on any plots in the cemetery. The cemetery was owned by the United States Investment Company, of which Russell had supplied the major portion of finances to get it started. The United States Investment Company was formed for the sole purpose of gaining revenue for the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society. In January of 1916, however, the United States Investment Company was dissolved and all its assets went to the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society. Thus at the time of his death, the Watch Tower Society owned the cemetery. A few months after Russell's death, the WTS, under Rutherford, sold the cemetery, although the large plot in the cemetery designated for the WTS remained under the ownership of the WTS.

Mcking11:
He actually bought it because he wants to be buried on that particular land.

In his will, Russell designated that he wished to be buried in the Rosemont Cemetery, in the plot owned by the WTS. The idea the the land was purchased for the purpose of Russell's burial, however, cannot be verified.

Mcking11:
And on that land there was a Free Masonry Temple built on it.

The land adjacent to the cemetery was sold to the Freemasons in the 1990s. This is not the same land that contains the Rosemont Cemetery. The Freemason erected a Masonic Hall on the land they purchased and they had a road constructed between their land and the Rosemont Cemetery. This, of course, has nothing at all to do with C. T. Russell.
A history of the Rosemont Cemetery may be found at:
http://truthhistory..com/2014/09/a-short-history-of-united-cemeteries.html

Mcking11:
Russell, got to the 33degree which is the highest attainable status in the Masonic Brotherhood.

Russell, never having been a member of the Freemasons, had no degree whatsoever with them. People make this claim, but since he was never a member of the Freemasons, of course, they cannot substantiate such a claim. All they can produce is what they have imagined, assumed and/or distorted. A lot of my regarding Russell and the many assumptions people have made may be found at:
http://rlctr..com/2016/12/freemasons.html

Mcking11:
A pyramid was built next to his grave.

A few years after Russell died, Rutherford authorized the construction of comparatively small replica of God's Witness in Egypt, with the stated purpose of honoring the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society. The only thing I can see that might be considered bad about this is that the funds could possibly have been put to better use.

I will, God willing, post more later.
Re: Shocking Facts About Jehovah's Witnesses Founder (A Must Read) by ResLight: 2:11am On Oct 04, 2018
Mcking11:
And on his grave
the Crown of life sign of ancient Egypt was designed

I can only guess as to what this is supposed to be referring to; Russell requested very little about his funeral and grave. He certainly never requested any "sign of ancient Egypt" to be on his grave. The original gravestone was more in the modest manner that Russell requested. Evidently some years after Russell died, Rutherford had the original gravestone removed and it was replaced with what is found there now. Nevertheless, neither the original tombstone, nor the later tombstone has any thing I could see that anyone could assume to be some kind of "sign of ancient Egypt."

I have photos of both gravestones on my website at:
http://rlctr..com/2016/11/grave.html

Related to this is a video made by a Bible Student who lives in Brazil. You may need to turn on the English captions in order to know what he is saying.
https://youtu.be/khJcibd3vqU

If the reference is to the Biblical cross and crown symbol, that symbolism has to do with dying with Christ, in order to receive the crown of joint-heirship with Christ. The cross and crown symbol, however, is not on either of the gravestones of Russell.
For some of my research related to the cross and crown symbol, one might see:
http://rlctr..com/2018/06/p-cross.html

Mcking11:
in
fulfillment of what he requested to be at his grave.

Russell requested very little about his funeral and burial. What he requested may be seen at:
http://mostholyfaith.com/Beta/bible/Reprints/Z1916DEC.asp#Z359:4

Mcking11:
Russell, was obsessed with the pyramids of Giza.

Russell had very little concern about the "pyramids" (plural) of Giza. He did believe that the one often referred to as the Great Pyramid is God's Witness in Egypt. I also believe that the Great Pyramid of Egypt is God's Witness in Egypt. The evidence is too overwhelming for me to conscientiously deny this.
https://gpwit..com/p/on-this-site.html

Russell's own works show that he was "obsessed" (if one wishes to use that word) with defending the atonement through Jesus, developing Christlikeness, and helping others to develop Christ-likeness. Russell wrote comparatively very little concerning God's Witness in Egypt.

Mcking11:
He
spent so much time studying about the pyramids and
what it signifies.

The evidence suggests otherwise, that he spent comparatively little time in study of God's Witness in Egypt; he spent hardly any time at all studying about "the pyramids" (plural). Indeed, the only concern he showed in the other pyramids was to show the differences between them and God's Witness, and the inferiority of the other pyramids to God's Witness.

His study on God's Witness in Egypt may be found in his book, "Thy Kingdom Come":
https://www.biblestandard.com/studies.html
Re: Shocking Facts About Jehovah's Witnesses Founder (A Must Read) by ResLight: 2:26am On Oct 04, 2018
Mcking11:
The sign on his grave signifies “rebirth”
which means reincarnation. But, he never taught his
followers about rebirth or reincarnation.

What sign would that be? Wheat? Rutherford evidently included wheat as a symbol of the harvest, referring to the Bible.

Nevertheless, Russell did teach the rebirth as spoken of the Bible, the regeneration as new creatures in Christ.

Russell also used the scriptures to refute the reincarnation doctrine.

Mcking11:
There was a book published by Jehovah’s witnesses in
the past which had the symbol of the Egyptian laws of
Ma’at.

I am not with the JWs (nor was Russell ever a member of the JWs.) What book are you referring to?

If it is referring to "sun of righteousness symbol" (Malachi 4:2) that Russell used, that Biblical symbolism is not the of symbol of Ma'at.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maat

Some of my own research regarding Russell's "Sun of Righteousness" Symbol:
http://rlctr..com/2016/12/sunright.html

Mcking11:
That book was later withdrawn from the public eye
when people started asking about the connection between
Jehovah’s witnesses and the Egyptian symbols.

Russell's books are still being published, although very few publishers make use of the "sun of righteousness" symbol, but some do. I do not know that the non-use of the symbol by many publishers, however, has anything to do with what people are imagining and assuming regarding such Biblical symbolism.

Mcking11:
The “WatchTower” publication of Jehovah’s witnesses
was named after an old brotherhood sect.

If this is in reference to the name "Watch Tower," Russell took the "Watch Tower" symbolism from the Bible itself. One can see some of my related research at:
http://rlctr..com/2016/11/wtsymbol.html

1 Like

Re: Shocking Facts About Jehovah's Witnesses Founder (A Must Read) by ResLight: 2:39am On Oct 04, 2018
Mcking11:
It is funny how guys are reacting without bringing facts. Just pumping out noise. The writer of the post made her point. Counter it with facts and stop making noise. You guys criticize other religious groups and hell is not loosened. Today, a tip was just given to you and you are shouting without fact.

Where was Russel buried? Beside him a pyramid was built which he instructed. See the picture.

There is no evidence from any of Russell's own writings that he instructed the building of the replica of God's Witness in Egypt. It is possible that Bohnet talked to him about it, and Russell may have said something that Bohnet took to mean that Russell agreed with the building of some kind of monument; I don't know what actually happened. Having studied Russell's works for almost 60 years, to me, the building of such a monument just does not seem to fit Russell's character.

When Russell was buried, however, that replca of God's Witness was not there. It was constructed a few years later.

1 Like

Re: Shocking Facts About Jehovah's Witnesses Founder (A Must Read) by TruthinAction: 3:04am On Oct 04, 2018
TATIME:
I always attend their meetings,listening to their sermons,reading all their publications and and preaching and teaching zealously for JESUS,but i'm tired of being deceived,please do me a favour by naming to a BETTER group that i can be associating with for spiritual growth as a Christian. Hebrews 10:24,25

You are a fat liar. JW don't preach about Jesus. Even if they do, they don't present him as a Saviour. How can you preach about someone you don't believe in. They deny the teachings of Jesus on eternal judgment. They don't believe Jesus rose from the dead bodily. So, tell me, what is it about Jesus that they preach?

Please, there are many Bible believing churches. Find one of them and attend. Run away from JW organization. They are messengers of Satan on earth disguised as angels of light.
Re: Shocking Facts About Jehovah's Witnesses Founder (A Must Read) by Nobody: 7:54am On Oct 04, 2018
achorladey:

I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made FOR ALL PEOPLE, ALL SORTS OF MEN(No distinction)— 2 for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. 3 This is good, and pleases God our Savior,4 who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2:1-4.
Just admit you're wrong on this one. Humility is not a bad thing to have as human. Romans 12: 20-21.
On the contrary: “If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.”21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
Do your organization not encourage you to pray on behalf of your brothers who are imprisoned and that God should touch the heart of the leaders of those countries?
Wrongdoing differs totally from what we're saying here my friend, praying for our enemies is vital to show that we don't want them to perish. So Jesus who said that also said "i pray not for the world" John (17:9) this indicates that we need a balance view when praying on behalf of those who are unbelieving! Humility on the other hand is what will make a person agree with the others on certain doctrines so that you start associating with them as a member,subjecting yourself to the principle upon which you've all agreed. If you don't have any group with which you've agreed, then it's baffling asking someone to agree with you on what's right or wrong. wink wink wink
Re: Shocking Facts About Jehovah's Witnesses Founder (A Must Read) by Nobody: 8:11am On Oct 04, 2018
TruthinAction:

You are a fat liar. JW don't preach about Jesus. Even if they do, they don't present him as a Saviour. How can you preach about someone you don't believe in. They deny the teachings of Jesus on eternal judgment. They don't believe Jesus rose from the dead bodily. So, tell me, what is it about Jesus that they preach?
Please, there are many Bible believing churches. Find one of them and attend. Run away from JW organization. They are messengers of Satan on earth disguised as angels of light.
Hmmmmmmmmmm your profile name on NL says something fine but your actions is totally saying another thing entirely. Let me enlighten you a bit my friend, If you surely want the "truth" to be "active" in you, please don't come to the public to say what you're not sure of. Have you ever taken some times to study the Bible with JWs? Or you're just saying what you heard about US from others? Well try to investigate thoroughly on what you're going to say before coming out in the public(John 3:1-3) because i'm telling you today that most people do things for personal reasons(John 11:45-51) and if care is not taken you can be following the crowd ignorantly for evil intentions .John 7:45-52 compared to Exodus 23:2 God bless you!
Re: Shocking Facts About Jehovah's Witnesses Founder (A Must Read) by achorladey: 7:27pm On Oct 04, 2018
TATIME:
Wrongdoing differs totally from what we're saying here my friend, praying for our enemies is vital to show that we don't want them to perish. So Jesus who said that also said "i pray not for the world" John (17:9) this indicates that we need a balance view when praying on behalf of those who are unbelieving! Humility on the other hand is what will make a person agree with the others on certain doctrines so that you start associating with them as a member,subjecting yourself to the principle upon which you've all agreed. If you don't have any group with which you've agreed, then it's baffling asking someone to agree with you on what's right or wrong. wink wink wink

THIS INDICATES THAT WE NEED A BALANCE VIEW WHEN PRAYING ON BEHALF OF THOSE WHO ARE UNBELIEVING! Now you are talking. Your INITIAL bla bla on this issue has no basis.
Re: Shocking Facts About Jehovah's Witnesses Founder (A Must Read) by Nobody: 8:00pm On Oct 04, 2018
achorladey:

THIS INDICATES THAT WE NEED A BALANCE VIEW WHEN PRAYING ON BEHALF OF THOSE WHO ARE UNBELIEVING! Now you are talking. Your INITIAL bla bla on this issue has no basis.
It surely have a basis my friend, praying for enemies is not to be done IN THEIR PRESENCE so that the so called "enemies won't notice you doing so" {Matthew 6:5} secondly God warned HIS prophets not to pray for disobedient humans. Jeremiah 11:14,14:11 Meaning :prayers for those rebelling against divine orders could bring condemnation on the one praying. Proverbs 28:9 compared to John 17:8,9
But at times there are some who don't understand why our ways of doing things is always different, these are the ones needing our prayers yet it's not to be done hypocritically in their presence just for them to notice! 1Timothy 2:1-6 Our prayers for these ones is necessary due to the fact that their decisions may have positive or negative on our ministry and the purpose of our ministry is to save lives, therefore any hindrance coming as a result of the decisions made by these men in authority will tell on those we're working hard to save through the preaching and teaching program! wink wink wink
Re: Shocking Facts About Jehovah's Witnesses Founder (A Must Read) by achorladey: 10:28pm On Oct 04, 2018
TATIME:
It surely have a basis my friend, praying for enemies is not to be done IN THEIR PRESENCE so that the so called "enemies won't notice you doing so" {Matthew 6:5} secondly God warned HIS prophets not to pray for disobedient humans. Jeremiah 11:14,14:11 Meaning :prayers for those rebelling against divine orders could bring condemnation on the one praying. Proverbs 28:9 compared to John 17:8,9
But at times there are some who don't understand why our ways of doing things is always different, these are the ones needing our prayers yet it's not to be done hypocritically in their presence just for them to notice! 1Timothy 2:1-6 Our prayers for these ones is necessary due to the fact that their decisions may have positive or negative on our ministry and the purpose of our ministry is to save lives, therefore any hindrance coming as a result of the decisions made by these men in authority will tell on those we're working hard to save through the preaching and teaching program! wink wink wink

"NOT IN THEIR PRESENCE"........Acts 7:59,60

As they were stoning Stephen, he made this appeal: “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.”Then, kneeling down, he cried out with a strong voice: “Jehovah, do not charge this sin against them.” And after saying this, he fell asleep in death.

Was STEPHEN praying for HIS ENEMIES in their PRESENCE or ABSENCE?

Luke 23:34 "Father forgive them" Was Jesus praying for his ENEMIES in their PRESENCE OR ABSENCE?

Luke 8:18......Therefore consider carefully how you listen.

"So pay attention to how you hear.

So far what I see from your posts is about an INDIVIDUAL that is always in a HASTE to RESPOND, but you are not PAYING ATTENTION or LISTENING and READING well. Sai anjima!
Re: Shocking Facts About Jehovah's Witnesses Founder (A Must Read) by TruthinAction: 10:29pm On Oct 04, 2018
TATIME:
Hmmmmmmmmmm your profile name on NL says something fine but your actions is totally saying another thing entirely. Let me enlighten you a bit my friend, If you surely want the "truth" to be "active" in you, please don't come to the public to say what you're not sure of. Have you ever taken some times to study the Bible with JWs? Or you're just saying what you heard about US from others? Well try to investigate thoroughly on what you're going to say before coming out in the public(John 3:1-3) because i'm telling you today that most people do things for personal reasons(John 11:45-51) and if care is not taken you can be following the crowd ignorantly for evil intentions .John 7:45-52 compared to Exodus 23:2 God bless you!

I guess you are the one who don't know their doctrines yet. Ok, confirm that the following are part of their doctrines;

1. Jesus did not rise bodily. God probably dissolved his body with chemicals.

2. Hell fire is not real. It is just the ordinary grave in one context. It is also the continuous refuse burning pit in Israel.

3. Only 144,000 will go to heaven. The rest will live on earth.

4. Death is a cessation of existence. The death are completely unconscious.

5. Second death mentioned in Revelation 20 simply means that the person does not exist anymore.

6. There is no such thing as rapture of the church. In fact Jesus is not coming back. He already came back.

7. The Holy Spirit is simply a force and not a person.

8. Salvation is by works and not by grace.

9. The story of the rich man and Lazarus is a parable and never happened.

10. God will not use what we will do in this world to judge us. It is what we will do during the 1,000 days of God's future judgment.

Please, tell me which of them is not JW doctrine and which is. Then, I will take you from there.
Re: Shocking Facts About Jehovah's Witnesses Founder (A Must Read) by Nobody: 9:15am On Oct 05, 2018
TruthinAction:

I guess you are the one who don't know their doctrines yet. Ok, confirm that the following are part of their doctrines;

1. Jesus did not rise bodily. God probably dissolved his body with chemicals.

2. Hell fire is not real. It is just the ordinary grave in one context. It is also the continuous refuse burning pit in Israel.

3. Only 144,000 will go to heaven. The rest will live on earth.

4. Death is a cessation of existence. The death are completely unconscious.

5. Second death mentioned in Revelation 20 simply means that the person does not exist anymore.

6. There is no such thing as rapture of the church. In fact Jesus is not coming back. He already came back.

7. The Holy Spirit is simply a force and not a person.

8. Salvation is by works and not by grace.

9. The story of the rich man and Lazarus is a parable and never happened.

10. God will not use what we will do in this world to judge us. It is what we will do during the 1,000 days of God's future judgment.

Please, tell me which of them is not JW doctrine and which is. Then, I will take you from there.
Before drawing your conclusions please! please!! and please!!! Don't be hasty in whatever you do,investigate all matters "thoroughly" first and then cling onto what is good! 1Thessalonians 5:21 You have add some ingredients to make it seems somehow, for example (1)God did not disolve Jesus' body,He doesn't just need it anymore since He is going back to heaven with a glorious body(spirit body) 1Corinthians 15:42-45
(3) God's original purpose is for man to live forever on earth(Genesis 1:29-31) it's Jesus that made us to understand that since Jerusalem His supposed Government seat is polluted with the blood of the holy prophets and finally the blood of the Messiah(Matthew 23:37,38) He will "go and prepare another place for the government house in heaven" (John 14:2) and it's only for His corulers! Please take note of the word PREPARE because this indicates that it's a new arrangement!
(6)Those going to heaven aren't going with their physical bodies because they've become born again before dying so they'll be resurrected in spirit form.
(8}Salvation is surely through FAITH but it must be accompanied by WORKS! James 2:18 This is what it means: Most people may assume that since they'll be avoiding what is bad God will approve them but nobody can be approved without learning how to get God's approval from HIS only begotten son. John 3:16-18,17:3 So they must learn about what is right and wrong from Jesus' true followers. Please don't let anyone deceive you that there shouldn't be works otherwise Jesus won't say anything regarding WORKS! Matthew 7:21-23
(10)is the only misconception you're having about US. Of course whoever refused to exercise faith in Jesus is judged already (John 3:16-18) The unrighteous that will be enlightened during the 1,000 years reign of Jesus are those who lived by conscience due to been ignorant of God's righteousness. These persons ONLY act according to what their conscience allows, so they will be resurrected so that their conscience is trained in accordance with the principles laid down by God's only begotten son! As for billions living today, our activities has already serve as a witness to them so it's their fault if they stubbornly ignore those coming to them in the name of the Lord! Matthew 24:14 Just take your time to study and know why we are having a different mindset from all others(John 17:14-19)remember what is vital is when the faith processed by a religious group is PRODUSING fine fruits or WORKING out what is fine amongst them that proves they're on the road to life! Matthew 7:13,14 compared to James 2:1-26 May the undeserved kindness (grace) of our Lord Jesus Christ,the LOVE of God and the sweet fellowship of the Holy Spirit help US to produce the fruitage needed for our salvation. Galatians 5:19-21.
Re: Shocking Facts About Jehovah's Witnesses Founder (A Must Read) by TruthinAction: 10:38am On Oct 05, 2018
TATIME:
Before drawing your conclusions please! please!! and please!!! Don't be hasty in whatever you do,investigate all matters "thoroughly" first and then cling onto what is good! 1Thessalonians 5:21 You have add some ingredients to make it seems somehow, for example (1)God did not disolve Jesus' body,He doesn't just need it anymore since He is going back to heaven with a glorious body(spirit body) 1Corinthians 15:42-45
(3) God's original purpose is for man to live forever on earth(Genesis 1:29-31) it's Jesus that made us to understand that since Jerusalem His supposed Government seat is polluted with the blood of the holy prophets and finally the blood of the Messiah(Matthew 23:37,38) He will "go and prepare another place for the government house in heaven" (John 14:2) and it's only for His corulers! Please take note of the word PREPARE because this indicates that it's a new arrangement!
(6)Those going to heaven aren't going with their physical bodies because they've become born again before dying so they'll be resurrected in spirit form.
(8}Salvation is surely through FAITH but it must be accompanied by WORKS! James 2:18 This is what it means: Most people may assume that since they'll be avoiding what is bad God will approve them but nobody can be approved without learning how to get God's approval from HIS only begotten son. John 3:16-18,17:3 So they must learn about what is right and wrong from Jesus' true followers. Please don't let anyone deceive you that there shouldn't be works otherwise Jesus won't say anything regarding WORKS! Matthew 7:21-23
(10)is the only misconception you're having about US. Of course whoever refused to exercise faith in Jesus is judged already (John 3:16-18) The unrighteous that will be enlightened during the 1,000 years reign of Jesus are those who lived by conscience due to been ignorant of God's righteousness. These persons ONLY act according to what their conscience allows, so they will be resurrected so that their conscience is trained in accordance with the principles laid down by God's only begotten son! As for billions living today, our activities has already serve as a witness to them so it's their fault if they stubbornly ignore those coming to them in the name of the Lord! Matthew 24:14 Just take your time to study and know why we are having a different mindset from all others(John 17:14-19)remember what is vital is when the faith processed by a religious group is PRODUSING fine fruits or WORKING out what is fine amongst them that proves they're on the road to life! Matthew 7:13,14 compared to James 2:1-26 May the undeserved kindness (grace) of our Lord Jesus Christ,the LOVE of God and the sweet fellowship of the Holy Spirit help US to produce the fruitage needed for our salvation. Galatians 5:19-21.

You are denying your doctrines. This is what you are good at. Always changing doctrines to avoid criticism. Let's take each doctrine one by one. Can we start with the doctrine of hell?
Re: Shocking Facts About Jehovah's Witnesses Founder (A Must Read) by Nobody: 11:06am On Oct 05, 2018
TruthinAction:

You are denying your doctrines. This is what you are good at. Always changing doctrines to avoid criticism. Let's take each doctrine one by one. Can we start with the doctrine of hell?
Please i'm not interested in arguments. Titus 3:9 Rather i only presented our beliefs before you with clarity and the references from the Scriptures but if you want to argue just count me out. Hell could mean whatever you want it to be but we based our understanding on the ACCURATE knowledge of God's word. Adam is the first sinner and it's his sin that infected all those dying from Abel till today(1Corinthians 15:45) the capital punishment for Adam the first and greatest sinner is suffering and a return to the dust from which he was taken. Genesis 3:17-19,Romans 3:23,6:23
It is unthinkable for the God who meted out such punishment to the first and foremost sinner (that brought every other person under slavery of sin and death) to add anything further to innocent offspring of Adam that inherited sin. Jeremiah 7:31

1 Like

Re: Shocking Facts About Jehovah's Witnesses Founder (A Must Read) by OneJ: 3:21pm On Oct 05, 2018
ResLight:

What sign would that be? Wheat? Rutherford evidently included wheat as a symbol of the harvest, referring to the Bible.

Nevertheless, Russell did teach the rebirth as spoken of the Bible, the regeneration as new creatures in Christ.

Russell also used the scriptures to refute the reincarnation doctrine.

I am not with the JWs (nor was Russell ever a member of the JWs.) What book are you referring to?

If it is referring to "sun of righteousness symbol" (Malachi 4:2) that Russell used, that Biblical symbolism is not the of symbol of Ma'at.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maat

Some of my own research regarding Russell's "Sun of Righteousness" Symbol:
http://rlctr..com/2016/12/sunright.html

Russell's books are still being published, although very few publishers make use of the "sun of righteousness" symbol, but some do. I do not know that the non-use of the symbol by many publishers, however, has anything to do with what people are imagining and assuming regarding such Biblical symbolism.

If this is in reference to the name "Watch Tower," Russell took the "Watch Tower" symbolism from the Bible itself. One can see some of my related research at:
http://rlctr..com/2016/11/wtsymbol.html

Mcking11 & his copy & paste cohorts on NL always goes to unimaginable lengths to distort, misrepresent the truth & peddle falsehood.
Very crooked fellows .
Re: Shocking Facts About Jehovah's Witnesses Founder (A Must Read) by TruthinAction: 12:56pm On Oct 11, 2018
TATIME:
Please i'm not interested in arguments. Titus 3:9 Rather i only presented our beliefs before you with clarity and the references from the Scriptures but if you want to argue just count me out. Hell could mean whatever you want it to be but we based our understanding on the ACCURATE knowledge of God's word. Adam is the first sinner and it's his sin that infected all those dying from Abel till today(1Corinthians 15:45) the capital punishment for Adam the first and greatest sinner is suffering and a return to the dust from which he was taken. Genesis 3:17-19,Romans 3:23,6:23
It is unthinkable for the God who meted out such punishment to the first and foremost sinner (that brought every other person under slavery of sin and death) to add anything further to innocent offspring of Adam that inherited sin. Jeremiah 7:31

You stand on this Scripture and ignore many others that clearly teaches about the existence of a place of torment called hell. That's the problem of JW. They just pick scriptures that apparently support their pre conceived opinion while ignoring others. In addition, you don't try to figure out things with your physical senses. The physical senses many a time don't agree with God's word. Please, I plea with you, give your life to Jesus and find a Bible believing Church to attend.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Usefulness And Importance Of Trials And Temptations / Will God Accept Tithes And Offerings From Looters And Criminals? / Dont Be Deceived By Drawings, Jesus Was A Black Man!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 155
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.