Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,413 members, 7,815,925 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:08 PM

Breaking:joseph Tegbe Step-down For Bayo Adelabu Ahead Of APC Primaries - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking:joseph Tegbe Step-down For Bayo Adelabu Ahead Of APC Primaries (2749 Views)

Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections / Ajimobi ‘Was Paid’ $10million To Drop Tegbe For Bayo Adelabu - Sahara Reporters / Who Is Bayo Adelabu Penkelemesi? Biography, Age, Oyo APC Governorship Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking:joseph Tegbe Step-down For Bayo Adelabu Ahead Of APC Primaries by gistyinka(m): 5:56pm On Sep 30, 2018
Gov Abiola Ajimobi‘s anointed candidate and one of the leading aspirant for Oyo State governorship aspirant, Joseph Tegbe step down from the gubernatorial race, as he has declared his support for Bayo Adelabu.

The Oyo State APC‘s primaries election is currently holding Adamasingba Stadium in Ibadan, and according to information gathered by GYOnlineNG.COM, reveals that almost all the aspirants veiling to be flag-bearer of the party has step-down from the race, except Niyi Akintola.

Three more aspirants contesting for the Oyo State governorship ticket of the All Progressives Congress (APC) have stepped down. The aspirants are Joseph Tegbe, Sola Ayandele, and Owolabi Babalola.

"These aspirants graciously made themselves available for some deliberations, after which they all decided to step down,” Seriki said at the open field of the Lekan Salami Stadium, Adamasingba, venue of the primary.

“These aspirants have asked all their supporters and delegates from the 33 local government areas and 315 wards of the state to support Adebayo Adelabu.

Breaking News: Joseph Tegbe Step-Down For Bayo Adelabu Ahead Of APC Primaries Voting Process

Re: Breaking:joseph Tegbe Step-down For Bayo Adelabu Ahead Of APC Primaries by Johnnyessence(m): 6:06pm On Sep 30, 2018
Where's Akala
Re: Breaking:joseph Tegbe Step-down For Bayo Adelabu Ahead Of APC Primaries by funshint(m): 6:11pm On Sep 30, 2018
If true #Omituntun should just go and sleep. I congratulate Seyi Makinde in advance as the next governor of Oyo state.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking:joseph Tegbe Step-down For Bayo Adelabu Ahead Of APC Primaries by Cajal(m): 6:25pm On Sep 30, 2018
funshint:
If true #Omituntun should just go and sleep. I congratulate Seyi Makinde in advance as the next governor of Oyo state.
...its because u do not know adelabu penkelemesi..
90pecent of oyo will vote for Bayo adelabu penkenlemesi...
Go and read about penkelemesi politic and oyo

2 Likes

Re: Breaking:joseph Tegbe Step-down For Bayo Adelabu Ahead Of APC Primaries by Equity311987: 6:35pm On Sep 30, 2018
funshint:
PDP is going nowhere in Oyo state

3 Likes

Re: Breaking:joseph Tegbe Step-down For Bayo Adelabu Ahead Of APC Primaries by Yusuf54: 6:46pm On Sep 30, 2018
funshint:
It is obvious that You dont know anything about Politics most especially in oyo state

3 Likes

Re: Breaking:joseph Tegbe Step-down For Bayo Adelabu Ahead Of APC Primaries by fergie001: 6:48pm On Sep 30, 2018
Masterstroke from Ajimobi....

This yeye Adelabu wey I no like....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking:joseph Tegbe Step-down For Bayo Adelabu Ahead Of APC Primaries by Celebritydevelo: 7:22pm On Sep 30, 2018
funshint:

My brother, it will be very hard for Makinde to beat Adelabu in Ibadan. Bayo will milk the name 'Adelabu Penkelemeesi' to his advantage. His grandfather is an important politician in Ibadan.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking:joseph Tegbe Step-down For Bayo Adelabu Ahead Of APC Primaries by dadebayo1(m): 7:29pm On Sep 30, 2018
Adelabu grin
Re: Breaking:joseph Tegbe Step-down For Bayo Adelabu Ahead Of APC Primaries by Nobody: 7:32pm On Sep 30, 2018
See them deceiving themselves. APC has no chance in Oyo state for now if Akala defects as it was plan. Lamists that normally win election for APC especially from Oke ogun have all defected to ADC and with Ladoja popularity in Ibadan I give it to ADC

2 Likes

Re: Breaking:joseph Tegbe Step-down For Bayo Adelabu Ahead Of APC Primaries by Shukuakukobambi: 7:41pm On Sep 30, 2018
fergie001:
Masterstroke from Ajimobi....

This yeye Adelabu wey I no like....

Na real master stroke. I didn't see that coming cheesy

He distracted Akala with Tegbe while the penkelemesi heir was the anointed all along. Chei!! cheesy

I don't like Ajimobi but I admire sagacity and intelligence in politics. This is indeed a master stroke. Akala would be wondering how he followed a wrong scent all along

2 Likes

Re: Breaking:joseph Tegbe Step-down For Bayo Adelabu Ahead Of APC Primaries by fergie001: 7:47pm On Sep 30, 2018
Shukuakukobambi:

Na real master stroke. I didn't see that coming cheesy

He distracted Akala with Tegbe while the penkelemesi heir was the anointed all along. Chei!! cheesy

I don't like Ajimobi but I admire sagacity and intelligence in politics. This is indeed a master stroke. Akala would be wondering how he followed a wrong scent all along
I believed too....
Have been in Ibadan for 2years plus and know how the politics works in Ibadan....and it's been Tegbe all through.....this one knack me uppercut oooooooo
Too too shocked....

Ajimobi is a smiling criminal grin
Re: Breaking:joseph Tegbe Step-down For Bayo Adelabu Ahead Of APC Primaries by Shukuakukobambi: 7:59pm On Sep 30, 2018
fergie001:

I believed too....
Have been in Ibadan for 2years plus and know how the politics works in Ibadan....and it's been Tegbe all through.....this one knack me uppercut oooooooo
Too too shocked....

Ajimobi is a smiling criminal grin

I'm very shocked but impressed cheesy

No be small criminal Ajimobi be but the battle is going to be fierce. No party has a clear path to win the Governorship in Oyo state.

ADC seems the strongest now with APC and Accord hustling for 2nd and PDP coming in 4th with ADP hot on their heels.

2019 will be interesting in Oyo state grin

1 Like

Re: Breaking:joseph Tegbe Step-down For Bayo Adelabu Ahead Of APC Primaries by KOLLYPROF(m): 8:03pm On Sep 30, 2018
I doubt this news,no source and co
Re: Breaking:joseph Tegbe Step-down For Bayo Adelabu Ahead Of APC Primaries by funshint(m): 8:03pm On Sep 30, 2018
Cajal:
...its because u do not know adelabu penkelemesi..
90pecent of oyo will vote for Bayo adelabu penkenlemesi...
Go and read about penkelemesi politic and oyo
90percent ke!! with the nonsense Ajimobi has been doing so far lol! Abeg talk another one jare.... What has been the impact of this Adelabu asides him being a former CBN deputy gov. People are even tired of these elites who just think they can come and rule them at any time. They share no connection with them asides coming from a popular family. Yes #Penkelemes we know but this "Adelabu", we don't know him. Tegbe would have been a stronger challenger. Once again I congratulate Seyi Makinde.

1 Like

Re: Breaking:joseph Tegbe Step-down For Bayo Adelabu Ahead Of APC Primaries by fergie001: 8:05pm On Sep 30, 2018
Shukuakukobambi:

I'm very shocked but impressed cheesy

No be small criminal Ajimobi be but the battle is going to be fierce. No party has a clear path to win the Governorship in Oyo state.

ADC seems the strongest now with APC and Accord hustling for 2nd and PDP coming in 4th with ADP hot on their heels.

2019 will be interesting in Oyo state grin
PDP can do well with one option...but they won't accept...

Depends on the candidates sha..
Alao-Akala should learn to concede sometimes...haha
I know Ogbomosho is answerable to him but he should relax sometimes

1 Like

Re: Breaking:joseph Tegbe Step-down For Bayo Adelabu Ahead Of APC Primaries by Shukuakukobambi: 8:09pm On Sep 30, 2018
fergie001:

PDP can do well with one option...but they won't accept...

Depends on the candidates sha..
Alao-Akala should learn to concede sometimes...haha
I know Ogbomosho is answerable to him but he should relax sometimes

Which option is that pls?
Re: Breaking:joseph Tegbe Step-down For Bayo Adelabu Ahead Of APC Primaries by fergie001: 8:13pm On Sep 30, 2018
Shukuakukobambi:

Which option is that pls?
Am just saying on my own oooo

Ladoja is very revered here.....so adopt his candidate...

But I think Alao-Akala might be the Omisore in the elections...
Re: Breaking:joseph Tegbe Step-down For Bayo Adelabu Ahead Of APC Primaries by Shukuakukobambi: 8:19pm On Sep 30, 2018
fergie001:

Am just saying on my own oooo

Ladoja is very revered here.....so adopt his candidate...

But I think Alao-Akala might be the Omisore in the elections...

Yeah. Ladoja and his Accord party are very strong. If they can align with PDP, their collabo will stand a chance but all politicians are selfish. They will want to go it alone and chop alone
Re: Breaking:joseph Tegbe Step-down For Bayo Adelabu Ahead Of APC Primaries by olayinka00(m): 8:25pm On Sep 30, 2018
The game just begins..
Re: Breaking:joseph Tegbe Step-down For Bayo Adelabu Ahead Of APC Primaries by fergie001: 8:26pm On Sep 30, 2018
Shukuakukobambi:

Yeah. Ladoja and his Accord party are very strong. If they can align with PDP, their collabo will stand a chance but all politicians are selfish. They will want to go it alone and chop alone
PDP will never agree sha....
But if they do....they will push apc far

Na dem Sabi sha

Watching Adebayo Shittu on channels...
Baba come dey calm and humble opinion
Re: Breaking:joseph Tegbe Step-down For Bayo Adelabu Ahead Of APC Primaries by Shukuakukobambi: 8:27pm On Sep 30, 2018
fergie001:

PDP will never agree sha....
But if they do....they will push apc far

Na dem Sabi sha

Watching Adebayo Shittu on channels...
Baba come dey calm and humble opinion

Na Dem sabi jare
Re: Breaking:joseph Tegbe Step-down For Bayo Adelabu Ahead Of APC Primaries by Afamed: 8:30pm On Sep 30, 2018
Johnnyessence:
Where's Akala
Akala has gone to Osun state to sympathize with Adeleke for his last Electoral loss.
Re: Breaking:joseph Tegbe Step-down For Bayo Adelabu Ahead Of APC Primaries by traihit: 8:31pm On Sep 30, 2018
Shukuakukobambi:

People really think Oyo's people's support is totally unwavering. For now, Ladoja doesn't have the respect he used to have in Oyo State (especially Ibadan) again since the Dasukigate period and all his defections across parties. The only reason people might want to support Seyi Makinde is because he's been contesting for gubernatorial seat for several elections period. Meanwhile, APC that people think doesn't have hold in Oyo State still has a very strong hold. I can say it categorically that despite all the Lamists that have defected from APC in Oyo state, it will be difficult to beat whoever Ajimobi supports. Not because Ajimobi is well loved, but because he has a better hold of the state and the party itself. The power of the incumbent especially one with Federal might can't be easily underestimated. Whoever want to rule Oyo state outside APC needs to rally support beyond Ibadan. Ibadan alone cannot win election for any candidate. Even Ajimobi is desperate to become a godfather.

3 Likes

Re: Breaking:joseph Tegbe Step-down For Bayo Adelabu Ahead Of APC Primaries by Shukuakukobambi: 8:37pm On Sep 30, 2018
traihit:

People really think Oyo's people's support is totally unwavering. For now, Ladoja doesn't have the respect he used to have in Oyo State (especially Ibadan) again since the Dasukigate period and all his defections across parties. The only reason people might want to support Seyi Makinde is because he's been contesting for gubernatorial seat for several elections period. Meanwhile, APC that people think doesn't have hold in Oyo State still has a very strong hold. I can say it categorically that despite all the Lamists that have defected from APC in Oyo state, it will be difficult to beat whoever Ajimobi supports. Not because Ajimobi is well loved, but because he has a better hold of the state and the party itself. The power of the incumbent especially one with Federal might can't be easily underestimated. Whoever want to rule Oyo state outside APC needs to rally support beyond Ibadan. Ibadan alone cannot win election for any candidate. Even Ajimobi is desperate to become a godfather.

You've raised so many valiv points and you're obviously on ground but I don't share your optimism about APC chances particularly with Ajimobi. The guy really wasted goodwill this second term.

I would really have liked Seyi makinde but PDP is very weak in Oyo state now.

What do you think about ADC? They're growing stronger every day you know? Then where do you think Akala will end up?
Re: Breaking:joseph Tegbe Step-down For Bayo Adelabu Ahead Of APC Primaries by traihit: 8:55pm On Sep 30, 2018
Shukuakukobambi:

You've raised so many valiv points and you're obviously on ground but I don't share your optimism about APC chances particularly with Ajimobi. The guy really wasted goodwill this second term.

What do you think about ADC? They're growing stronger every day you know? Then where do you think Akala will end up?

It's very easy to know where the log of election would fall in Oyo state especially when talking about the major competitors. The perceptively favoured candidate of most indegenes (especially Ibadan people) is Seyi Makinde. Right from the time Ajimobi was sworn in for second time, fingers have been crossed for Seyi to become the next governor. This is the major hand Seyi Makinde is having and if you look at incidents in Oyo state in recent times, Seyi has been acting as the "next-in-line, criticizing Ajimobi and promising to be different. Akala doesn't have any chance mainly because many people were not expecting him to contest again even though people don't really like him as such. For ADC, I don't think they have any major candidate that'll make Oyo Sate people drooling. Perhaps with Seyi Makinde but as it is, Ladoja, all the Lamites, Lanlehin and so on; they are not formidable enough. Meanwhile, Accord party still exists with some of former Ladoja loyalists who have now turned against him.
Strength and unity of the party is one of the major factor that'll determine the next governor in Oyo state. The other one is the candidate PDP has (Seyi Makinde) but they don't have much strength. ADC don't really have any strength nor any candidate the indegenes are ready to die for. APC has Ajimobi and this Bayo is already spreading money anyhow (I unfortunately witnessed him spreading bundles of #100 notes on the streets). So APC still has the largest hold and whoever Ajimobi supports (the man is kinda feared though) will make it really difficult to beat APC.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking:joseph Tegbe Step-down For Bayo Adelabu Ahead Of APC Primaries by Celebritydevelo: 8:57pm On Sep 30, 2018
Shukuakukobambi:

ADC is a third force but I don't see them winning anything big like Oyo governorship. A coalition of ADC and PDP would be the end of APC reign in Oyo but I don't see that happening.
Re: Breaking:joseph Tegbe Step-down For Bayo Adelabu Ahead Of APC Primaries by funshint(m): 8:58pm On Sep 30, 2018
Shukuakukobambi:

PDP may be weak but they have a strong candidate #SeyiMakinde. He's already strengthening the party in the state. As for ADC, they're just like the defunct ACCORD; group of noise makers.
Re: Breaking:joseph Tegbe Step-down For Bayo Adelabu Ahead Of APC Primaries by Shukuakukobambi: 8:58pm On Sep 30, 2018
traihit:

It's very easy to know where the log of election would fall in Oyo state especially when talking about the major competitors. The perceptively favoured candidate of most indegenes (especially Ibadan people) is Seyi Makinde. Right from the time Ajimobi was sworn in for second time, fingers have been crossed for Seyi to become the next governor. This is the major hand Seyi Makinde is having and if you look at incidents in Oyo state in recent times, Seyi has been acting as the "next-in-line, criticizing Ajimobi and promising to be different. Akala doesn't have any chance mainly because many people were not expecting him to contest again even though people don't really like him as such. For ADC, I don't think they have any major candidate that'll make Oyo Sate people drooling. Perhaps with Seyi Makinde but as it is, Ladoja, all the Lamites, Lanlehin and so on; they are not formidable enough. Meanwhile, Accord party still exists with some of former Ladoja loyalists who have now turned against him.
Strength and unity of the party is one of the major factor that'll determine the next governor in Oyo state. The other one is the candidate PDP has (Seyi Makinde) but they don't have much strength. ADC don't really have any strength nor any candidate the indegenes are ready to die for. APC has Ajimobi and this Bayo is already spreading money anyhow (I unfortunately witnessed him spreading bundles of #100 notes on the streets). So APC still has the largest hold and whoever Ajimobi supports (the man is kinda feared though) will make it really difficult to beat APC.

It promises to be interesting. I hope for a peaceful process next year.

Thanks for your time and the insight wink
Re: Breaking:joseph Tegbe Step-down For Bayo Adelabu Ahead Of APC Primaries by Shukuakukobambi: 9:01pm On Sep 30, 2018
Celebritydevelo:

ADC is a third force but I don't see them winning anything big like Oyo governorship. A coalition of ADC and PDP would be the end of APC reign in Oyo but I don't see that happening.
funshint:

PDP may be weak but they have a strong candidate #SeyiMakinde. He's already strengthening the party in the state. As for ADC, they're just like the defunct ACCORD; group of noise makers.

I would have really liked Seyi makinde. I listened to him on radio before the 2015 election and I liked what I heard. Well, I'll keep my fingers crossed. May the best man win

1 Like

Re: Breaking:joseph Tegbe Step-down For Bayo Adelabu Ahead Of APC Primaries by traihit: 9:02pm On Sep 30, 2018
Shukuakukobambi:

It promises to be interesting. I hope for a peaceful process next year.

Thanks for your time and the insight wink

Thanks for finding my posts insightful. It's politics and if we can't get directly involved for now, we have to follow what's going on.
Re: Breaking:joseph Tegbe Step-down For Bayo Adelabu Ahead Of APC Primaries by Cajal(m): 9:27pm On Sep 30, 2018
funshint:

90percent ke!! with the nonsense Ajimobi has been doing so far lol! Abeg talk another one jare.... What has been the impact of this Adelabu asides him being a former CBN deputy gov. People are even tired of these elites who just think they can come and rule them at any time. They share no connection with them asides coming from a popular family. Yes #Penkelemes we know but this "Adelabu", we don't know him. Tegbe would have been a stronger challenger. Once again I congratulate Seyi Makinde.
...we shall see
Penkelemei.. For governor
Seyi..will not even come close to second
ADC... SENATOR LANLEHIN..to come close
Come to Ibadan and confirm
THE FIGHT HERE IN OYO.. IS ADC.. VS APC

(1) (2) (Reply)

2019: Enugu APC Guber Candidate, Ayogu Preaches Peace / Picture Of President Buhari In Japan Edited? / Anambra Earmarks N6bn For Cargo Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.