Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,278 members, 7,822,366 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:35 AM

Why Are The Igbos Backing Ambode Despite The Fact That They Were Cursed... - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are The Igbos Backing Ambode Despite The Fact That They Were Cursed... (5441 Views)

2027: Lagos APC Stakeholders Push For Ambode’s Candidacy / ‘igbos Can’t Rule Nigeria, They Were Cursed’ – Pastor Bakare (Video) / Bolanle Ambode Gives Couple With Quintuplets N500,000 Monthly Allowance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are The Igbos Backing Ambode Despite The Fact That They Were Cursed... by HardMirror(m): 8:38pm On Sep 30, 2018
Kingspin:
My friend stop talking with both mouths. Who voted Ambode? who supported him? Sudden, it no longer Ambode. Now is Sanwo. After you will look for who to blame if Sanwo fall-out with the godfather. Hay put yourself together.
where did you get the notion i support apc talkless of ambode or tinubu?
Re: Why Are The Igbos Backing Ambode Despite The Fact That They Were Cursed... by deomelo: 8:39pm On Sep 30, 2018
[s]
nku5:

Gba beski

Ambo till 2023
e/ihD2dKpHaEc
[/s]

Show us the thread. Were you people not lambasting him for building bus stops aka bus terminals?

ipob losers don turn to ipob hypocrites..
Re: Why Are The Igbos Backing Ambode Despite The Fact That They Were Cursed... by HardMirror(m): 8:40pm On Sep 30, 2018
plaetton:

You are very wrong.
There are about 40m or more Yorubas in Nigeria. The Igbo population is as much.

I can't see myself insulting the entire 40m Yorubas because of the rantings of a few people on an anonymous online forum.

Igbo is not a village. It is 40m people spread across 5 states. Igbos are as diverse in their views and opinions as you cannot imagine.

Only thoughtless people make general statements about other ethnic groups.

The online nonsense between Igbos and Yorubas should be seen as juvenile . I can tell you that it does not represent real life situations.

Now, it is a dysfunctional federal system that pits one ethnic group against another while the political elites sap the life out of this blessed and richly endowed Mario nation.
It is the dysfunctional political calculus that we must work together to correct.
ok i agree i am not asking my question in the right way. But it is still a good question and i want to know what the ibos have to say
Re: Why Are The Igbos Backing Ambode Despite The Fact That They Were Cursed... by PFRB: 8:41pm On Sep 30, 2018
SHOW ME WHERE IGBOS ARE SUPPORTING AMBODE
Re: Why Are The Igbos Backing Ambode Despite The Fact That They Were Cursed... by yourstruly123(m): 8:46pm On Sep 30, 2018
deomelo:

You don't but every village ipob is on the front page carrying ambode's big bele and agbada

Abeg go sidon somewhere jare..

grin grin
Why are you always shining teeth. Stop comforting urself cos ur miserable.
Re: Why Are The Igbos Backing Ambode Despite The Fact That They Were Cursed... by nku5: 8:46pm On Sep 30, 2018
deomelo:
[s][/s]

Show us the thread. Were you people not lambasting him for building bus stops aka bus terminals?

ipob losers don turn to ipob hypocrites..

You wan enter Lagoon abi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvxsrzdjitM
Re: Why Are The Igbos Backing Ambode Despite The Fact That They Were Cursed... by deomelo: 8:46pm On Sep 30, 2018
Re: Why Are The Igbos Backing Ambode Despite The Fact That They Were Cursed... by Kingspin(m): 8:48pm On Sep 30, 2018
HardMirror:
where did you get the notion i support apc talkless of ambode or tinubu?
You picked on Ambode.
When you ask why ibos support him.

Then my reply were: Which people voted Ambode 2015? Name godfather that backed him?
Today na Sanwo, tomorrow will be Amb-Sanwo. E get as 9ja matter dey sound.

Each time i look back at Nigeria i burst laughter for real. Nigeria is a joker. Playing ground.

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Igbos Backing Ambode Despite The Fact That They Were Cursed... by deomelo: 8:49pm On Sep 30, 2018
yourstruly123:
Why are you always shining teeth. Stop comforting urself cos ur miserable.

Because my teeth is clean, it's not stained with bad village akpu like yours

grin grin grin
Re: Why Are The Igbos Backing Ambode Despite The Fact That They Were Cursed... by HardMirror(m): 8:52pm On Sep 30, 2018
Kingspin:
You picked on Ambode.
When you ask why ibos support him.

Then my reply were: Which people voted Ambode 2015? Name godfather that backed him?
Today na Sanwo, tomorrow will be Amb-Sanwo. E get as 9ja matter dey sound.

Each time i look back at Nigeria i burst laughter for real. Nigeria is a joker. Playing ground.
what if i am using this as a challenge for us to see there are other options we dont have to be carried away by the politics ambode and tinubu are playing.
Re: Why Are The Igbos Backing Ambode Despite The Fact That They Were Cursed... by Kingspin(m): 9:02pm On Sep 30, 2018
HardMirror:
what if i am using this as a challenge for us to see there are other options we dont have to be carried away by the politics ambode and tinubu are playing.
Is good but the money bag politicians detect for many Nigerians during election.
Re: Why Are The Igbos Backing Ambode Despite The Fact That They Were Cursed... by adekennis(m): 9:16pm On Sep 30, 2018
TylerDurden:

Ambode is no lame duck Fashola who caved in under Tinubu's threat.

Ambode has decided to give Tinubu a run for his money.

Ambode, unlike Fashola is willing to go down with a fight.

It is certain that Ambode will contest his sit and it is most certain that Tinubu will ensure that he doesn't get the APC ticket.

What this spells out to is that, the APC won't have an easy ride come 2019 back to Aso Rock.

What is certain also is that Ambode has the backings of Aso Rock and so you will see that Tinubu's thugs will be checked if they dare rig the elections.

This to me is a win-win situation for Buhari as he is searching for a way to jettison Tinubu come 2019 after the elections. With an Ambode win on another platform, Tinubu's influence and control of Lagos will be pruned and by that extended to other states in the southwest.

Ambode will ofcourse work for Buhari's re-election in Lagos irrespective of the fact that he will definitely be moving to another party to contest his re-election.

So instead of you to take your myopic head out of the gutter of tribal politicking, why not see why those of us (Igbo or not) who are rooting for Ambode, see this debacle as the begining of the end of the kleptomaniac era of Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

But i thought you people dont want Buhari back in Aso Rock? Why are you now interested in Ambode working for Buhari re-election..You people are just so confuse.
Re: Why Are The Igbos Backing Ambode Despite The Fact That They Were Cursed... by naijalander: 9:47pm On Sep 30, 2018
Do you even live in Lagos? Ambode is not working and he has made Igbo Lagosians poorer thanks to land use tax. He increased Lekki-Epe toll fees, he made a lot of Lagos families depending on PSP for income broke.

You dont know what you are saying, stfu.
PrinceZahzah:

Stop asking imagining stupid things.

•The IBOS don't believe in God-fatherism.

•They Hate Oppression.

•Ambode is working but his Sub-ordinates are sabotaging his govt
Re: Why Are The Igbos Backing Ambode Despite The Fact That They Were Cursed... by Nobody: 9:47pm On Sep 30, 2018
Ambode and Tinubu or Jide, I don't see any Igbo name there?. How did this turn into a tribal issue?.

The problem with most of us is looking for whom to blame for our problems, instead of taking our destiny into our hands , we chose the throw blames as if it would make us feel any better
Re: Why Are The Igbos Backing Ambode Despite The Fact That They Were Cursed... by eurogee: 10:31pm On Sep 30, 2018
Stope unnecessary generalisation. I am Ibo and I don't support Ambode based on facts and no achievements. Ambode is Nigeria's most incompetent governor. He shall fail. Amin

HardMirror:
It beats my imagination that the ibos have made it a duty to back ambode despite the fact that because of ambode, oba akinolu cursed and threatened them with the infamous 'Lagoon curse'.

Why is it ok that a man must have 8 years in office when the fact remains that he has done nothing special considering the amount of money lagos state has.

Is it now a problem for his popularity to be challenged by his party?

Please lets us be reasonable. Let the Apc do their primaries ambode or not, lagosians would decide when the general election comes
Re: Why Are The Igbos Backing Ambode Despite The Fact That They Were Cursed... by HardMirror(m): 10:18am On Oct 01, 2018
eurogee:
Stope unnecessary generalisation. I am Ibo and I don't support Ambode based on facts and no achievements. Ambode is Nigeria's most incompetent governor. He shall fail. Amin

ok.
Re: Why Are The Igbos Backing Ambode Despite The Fact That They Were Cursed... by Nobody: 10:20am On Oct 01, 2018
HardMirror:
It beats my imagination that the ibos have made it a duty to back ambode despite the fact that because of ambode, oba akinolu cursed and threatened them with the infamous 'Lagoon curse'.

Why is it ok that a man must have 8 years in office when the fact remains that he has done nothing special considering the amount of money lagos state has.

Please lets us be reasonable. Let the Apc do their primaries ambode or not, lagosians would decide when the general election comes
Are you owing rent to your Igbo landlord in Lagos?

CC onyeoga madridguy buhariguy omenka shalomc iceberg3 yarimo odvanguard pointzerom t9ksy imperialyoruba odvanguard yorubaassasin alariiwo lzaa Ikenna0b ngeneukwenu captaing00d roger3d IbrahimDamola jumpandpas greenback amarabae tossie101 goodnessme1
Re: Why Are The Igbos Backing Ambode Despite The Fact That They Were Cursed... by asorocker: 10:28am On Oct 01, 2018
deomelo:
Because they hate Tinubu

Because they have The enemy of my enemy is my friend mentality

Because they are used to gross incompetence and poor leadership in their backward and stone age villages.

Because they always love and support our rejects.

Lastly, because they are eternal losers..

Can you name any area your tribe is better than igbos

2 Likes

Re: Why Are The Igbos Backing Ambode Despite The Fact That They Were Cursed... by Nobody: 10:39am On Oct 01, 2018
This op is a typical example of the kind of hatred and foolishness nairaland can turn one to, simply because of a few anonymous monikers which may or may not be igbo owned.
Re: Why Are The Igbos Backing Ambode Despite The Fact That They Were Cursed... by HardMirror(m): 10:53am On Oct 01, 2018
naijaking1:
Moderator,
Please take note of rule #2.
Igbos are not cursed, and you cannot ignore this hateful title.
did you read the op? Do you know why i put those continuity dots (...)? That is to tell you you have to read the post fully to get what the message is. Ibos are not curse. The post is... despite they were cursed by oba ikiolu because of ambode. Now do you understand the post?
Re: Why Are The Igbos Backing Ambode Despite The Fact That They Were Cursed... by graphiti: 12:42pm On Oct 01, 2018
HardMirror:
oga this thread is a response to those ibos insulting yorubas here calling us tinubu slaves and other names. If you are not one of those ibos, pls leave this thread and let me trash it out with those mofos who think they have an opinion and can insult the yorubas freely

plaetton:

My dear friend.
We have all types of characters on Nairaland.
You can't descend to their levels.
You have to set a lofty standard that they can aspire to.
I defend Igbo issues here on Nairaland.
But I do it without making a general derogatory references to any ethnic group.

plaetton:

Wow.
And I thought you were more thoughtful than this.

So basically, you're saying that because some anonymous monikers on Nairaland insult Yorubas, you have taken it upon yourself to condescend to their level and fight them at their own lower level ?
C'mon man.
You have dissapointed me.
Intelligent people do not condescend to make two wrongs a right.

@platton!
you are a typical example of a 2 - faced hypocrite.

These past few days (nay months/years), in ur 'church' mind u pretend that majority of those insulting the great Yoruba race are not ibos.

When they call them names I don't see ur monicker anywhere rebuking them but when there's d slightest form of 'reprisal', u bare ur fangs.

Its because of this uncalled for hatred that has bn uniting the Yoruba's of late as they now know they have an unwarranted foe in the ibos.
for instance, Odua ppl's Congress' Otunba Gani Adams, who hitherto does not see eye to eye with tinubu, and even supported PDP during d 2015 elections, had to throw his weight behind APC some few month ago. His reason? "To uphold Yoruba interest."

Even Raji Fashola, who had fallen out with tinubu had to unite to support Jide Sanwoolu, all because of the Yoruba agenda.

Even d oba who supported Ambode and placed d curse, have u heard him complain?

Lolz.....their eyes yaff clear.

The OP asked a simple question based on his/our observation. Instead of berating him, I'll suggest u channel dt energy in counselling d Ibo's who abuse Yoruba's just because of Tinubu/APC.
Many Yoruba's don't even support him but they have no option but to rally round him as the issue has taken a tribal turn.
The more the ibos show disdain for yorubas with/without tinubu, the more they unite d Yorubas.
NB: 2015 has gone....ds is 2018, why cry more dn d bereaved? Even d S/S have moved on, so why d bitterness?
cc odualover deomelo
Re: Why Are The Igbos Backing Ambode Despite The Fact That They Were Cursed... by HardMirror(m): 1:00pm On Oct 01, 2018
graphiti:

@platton!
you are a typical example of a 2 - faced hypocrite.

These past few days (nay months/years), in ur 'church' mind u pretend that majority of those insulting the great Yoruba race are not ibos.

When they call them names I don't see ur monicker anywhere rebuking them but when there's d slightest form of 'reprisal', u bare ur fangs.

Its because of this uncalled for hatred that has bn uniting the Yoruba's of late as they now know they have an unwarranted foe in the ibos.
for instance, Odua ppl's Congress' Otunba Gani Adams, who hitherto does not see eye to eye with tinubu, and even supported PDP during d 2015 elections, had to throw his weight behind APC some few month ago. His reason? "To uphold Yoruba interest."

Even Raji Fashola, who had fallen out with tinubu had to unite to support Jide Sanwoolu, all because of the Yoruba agenda. Their eyes yaff clear.

The OP asked a simple question based on his/our observation. Instead of berating him, I'll suggest u channel dt energy in counselling d Ibo's who abuse Yoruba's just because of Tinubu/APC.
Many Yoruba's don't even support him but they have no option but to rally round him as the issue has taken a tribal turn.
The more the ibos show disdain for yorubas with/without tinubu, the more they alienate themselves from the Yorubas.
NB: 2015 has gone....ds is 2018, why cry more dn d bereaved? Even d S/S have moved on, so why d bitterness?
cc odualover deomelo
my oga! You have spoken well.
Re: Why Are The Igbos Backing Ambode Despite The Fact That They Were Cursed... by Obi1kenobi(m): 1:14pm On Oct 01, 2018
Don't know what "Igbos" the OP is talking about. Every Igbo I know around Festac, Satellite Town and environs right up to the Ojo area resent Ambode. Our lack of support for him is probably contributory to why he completely abandoned every area stretching from Mile 2 to Badagry in Lagos.
Some Igbo mischief makers on Nairaland do support him now because they resent Tinubu's looming, overbearing omnipresence in Lagos politics, and just because they know it trolls Yorubas who are just as guilty of ethnicizing politics as their Igbo foes.
Re: Why Are The Igbos Backing Ambode Despite The Fact That They Were Cursed... by HardMirror(m): 11:29pm On Oct 02, 2018
Obi1kenobi:
Don't know what "Igbos" the OP is talking about. Every Igbo I know around Festac, Satellite Town and environs right up to the Ojo area resent Ambode. Our lack of support for him is probably contributory to why he completely abandoned every area stretching from Mile 2 to Badagry in Lagos.
Some Igbo mischief makers on Nairaland do support him now because they resent Tinubu's looming, overbearing omnipresence in Lagos politics, and just because they know it trolls Yorubas who are just as guilty of ethnicizing politics as their Igbo foes.
you have spoken well also. These are the type of contributions we need here on nairaland. As for your question, the ibos i am talking about are known to you as you have addressed them in your post. They shld know on time that blindly supporting ambode is not a battle statement against the yorubas they think are stvpid. This is an apc issue and not about yourubas vs ibos. They shld know this
Re: Why Are The Igbos Backing Ambode Despite The Fact That They Were Cursed... by paramakina202: 11:55pm On Oct 02, 2018
HardMirror:

So some Igbos supporting Ambode who was until yesterday hyped by same Thief Tinubu supporters as the best thing after Awolowo now equate to hating Yoruba,how?
But you guys love Okorocha,OUK,Amaechi etc......You guys should keep Igbos out of your dirty politics.
Re: Why Are The Igbos Backing Ambode Despite The Fact That They Were Cursed... by kingi777: 3:36am On Oct 03, 2018
Many businesses have been closed by Ambode due to his inhumane actions. On a new year day, while people were still celebrating in their homes/villages, he ordered markets to be demolished; he also evicted a pastor from his residence. Probably, he lacks empathy and receiving his payback. Why should a sane people support someone who has made life unbearable for them?
Re: Why Are The Igbos Backing Ambode Despite The Fact That They Were Cursed... by Nobody: 4:06am On Oct 03, 2018
HardMirror:
after you have made the most posts on this thread you now claiming you wont engage me? Lol. this girl got a one digit iq

Oh pls shut it up
Ur thread is inciteful, lack reasons and just lame
Re: Why Are The Igbos Backing Ambode Despite The Fact That They Were Cursed... by raumdeuter: 10:56am On Oct 03, 2018
OP
Re: Why Are The Igbos Backing Ambode Despite The Fact That They Were Cursed... by izombie(m): 12:29pm On Oct 03, 2018
Coming from the same yorubas that have been saying rochas is the best governor in the east. The same afonjas that have been singing ambode's praises for the past three years, calling him the best governor in nigeria but now that their lord tinubu has said no to ambode, the same yorubas have turned around to castigate ambode. You people are the most untrustworthy set of people i've ever seen. They praise you today and hang you tomorrow. Leave igbos alone biko. Last i checked, ambode,tinubu and sanwo olu are all yoruba. Igbos are saying no to godfatherism.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

We Are Set For A Credible PDP Convention — Okowa / Funniest Comment On Vice Presidential Debate So Far! / Presidency Gives Reason As Pigeons Refuse Flying At Armed Force Remembrance Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.