Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,148 members, 7,815,020 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

"Nigeria Has Failed You If You Are A Graduate Earning Less Than 200K Monthly" - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / "Nigeria Has Failed You If You Are A Graduate Earning Less Than 200K Monthly" (28995 Views)

I Failed Job Pre Medical Tests / Strictly For Lagosians Earning Less Than N100,000 A Month / From Machester To Mile 12, Lagos: How A Graduate Turned To A Porter (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Nigeria Has Failed You If You Are A Graduate Earning Less Than 200K Monthly" by Raalsalghul: 5:32pm On Oct 01, 2018
winj3:
Nigeria Has NOT Failed You If You Are A Graduate on less than 200K - Your parents who did not do family planning failed you!
Your comment is the most sensible on this thread. Even with how bad the country has become, you see folks getting married every Saturday (Pre-wedding pics abound on nairaland) and churning out 3,4,5 issues. Same reason I'm afraid to hitch up and breed in this country. Do people think about the consequences of bringing kids into this contraption? It's a pity.

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Has Failed You If You Are A Graduate Earning Less Than 200K Monthly" by Raalsalghul: 5:36pm On Oct 01, 2018
phineas:

Your mindset is your biggest barrier. Those 2 examples were Nigeria graduates both did not have a masters degree only the right certification for their industry and a lot of patience. There are many other examples. I advised another guy like that too earning 350k in a bank in Lagos for 6 years and forming cool while grumbling about everything ''you are getting redundant'' after 5 years it's time to move. He found a new place in 2 months in another state with way better pay. Truth was he was not searching before then. He just grew comfortable with his routine.

What you need is exposure. An internship or 30k a month job in a carraer setting is a right starting point. A carrear is not a firm it's a set of experience you can offer that can make you move between jobs in an industry or between industries. It can also help you get employment between countries.Remember we are talking professionals here.

I insist there are jobs in Nigeria for those with the right experience and God's grace. Get the right exposure,the right experience, and the right attitude then pray for grace. Remember faith without works is dead
Bro, how can we connect? We have like minds.
Re: "Nigeria Has Failed You If You Are A Graduate Earning Less Than 200K Monthly" by AleAirHub(m): 5:45pm On Oct 01, 2018
Yes Nigeria is great & it will be better than it current state....
I guess this brand of yours called Troneta Solutions Ltd was registered in moon abi undecided

Be proud of what we have for once Sir because a Rome was not built one day.

Thanks

9japrof:

Was Nigeria great before, when and how was Nigeria great
Re: "Nigeria Has Failed You If You Are A Graduate Earning Less Than 200K Monthly" by AleAirHub(m): 5:46pm On Oct 01, 2018
Re: "Nigeria Has Failed You If You Are A Graduate Earning Less Than 200K Monthly" by Gangster1ms: 6:00pm On Oct 01, 2018
introvertme:

Lie lie
Can show u my alert screenshot.. i kid u not.
Re: "Nigeria Has Failed You If You Are A Graduate Earning Less Than 200K Monthly" by introvertme: 6:13pm On Oct 01, 2018
Franzinni:
nice to hear that.... I guess that is why you could react in the way you did... Must be a private school right?

Nope, Government.
Re: "Nigeria Has Failed You If You Are A Graduate Earning Less Than 200K Monthly" by introvertme: 6:14pm On Oct 01, 2018
Gangster1ms:
Can show u my alert screenshot.. i kid u not.
Nawa
Re: "Nigeria Has Failed You If You Are A Graduate Earning Less Than 200K Monthly" by Franzinni: 7:05pm On Oct 01, 2018
introvertme:

Nope, Government.

hmmm let me grab my lie-oscope..

Guy I don't mean binta and konky type critical thinking o

I mean the type that makes one not develop the herd mentality.... A sense of self.... A believe is finding solutions not complaining about problems and waiting for someone to solve them

That kind of critical thinking ooo..... Not
2x1= 21 oo

Hhahaha
Re: "Nigeria Has Failed You If You Are A Graduate Earning Less Than 200K Monthly" by Obelensi: 8:13pm On Oct 01, 2018
chiommy123:
This one is saying 200k when some graduates are killing themselves cos of 20k here. Nigeria did not fail us Nigeria scattered us. Businesses failing. White collar jobs for where?

Your otu go sweet to kpansh ooo
Re: "Nigeria Has Failed You If You Are A Graduate Earning Less Than 200K Monthly" by sludge: 9:00pm On Oct 01, 2018
As a graduate in Nigeria this is what you are suppose to believe in ....I believe in the hangout app...If you know,you know

Re: "Nigeria Has Failed You If You Are A Graduate Earning Less Than 200K Monthly" by introvertme: 9:20pm On Oct 01, 2018
Franzinni:
hmmm let me grab my lie-oscope..

Guy I don't mean binta and konky type critical thinking o

I mean the type that makes one not develop the herd mentality.... A sense of self.... A believe is finding solutions not complaining about problems and waiting for someone to solve them

That kind of critical thinking ooo..... Not
2x1= 21 oo

Hhahaha

Yes, i was taught.

It's a compulsory course(creative thinking) for mechanical engineering in my university
Re: "Nigeria Has Failed You If You Are A Graduate Earning Less Than 200K Monthly" by Franzinni: 10:17pm On Oct 01, 2018
introvertme:

Yes, i was taught.

It's a compulsory course(creative thinking) for mechanical engineering in my university
oh wow.... So you must have created a lot of stuff be that... Can I see some? We need to start encouraging Nigerian minds to greatness
Re: "Nigeria Has Failed You If You Are A Graduate Earning Less Than 200K Monthly" by Breezzy(m): 11:44pm On Oct 01, 2018
pansophist:

You don't know me but you're so quick to judge. Smh.

When it comes to making money, I'm shameless, in as much it's legit. I left Nigeria as a teenager and even at then, I've worked as a sales boys in a restaurant. Deadlifting two gallons of water per trip, working 12 hours a day except Sundays.

I still do ubereats with bike on weekends as a means of exercise and gaining extra cash, even if I have my own business. Not everyone is interested in keeping up with the Jones.

Don't be too soon to judge bro.
Sir what will it cost me to travel to Europe including work permit
Re: "Nigeria Has Failed You If You Are A Graduate Earning Less Than 200K Monthly" by 9JAFULLBREED(m): 1:46am On Oct 02, 2018
thesolutions:
Nigeria is not alive and it is not a pet either.loving it is a waste.

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Has Failed You If You Are A Graduate Earning Less Than 200K Monthly" by 9JAFULLBREED(m): 1:56am On Oct 02, 2018
ujezeez:
Nigeria will be great...

But WHEN
Re: "Nigeria Has Failed You If You Are A Graduate Earning Less Than 200K Monthly" by introvertme: 8:54am On Oct 02, 2018
Franzinni:
oh wow.... So you must have created a lot of stuff be that... Can I see some? We need to start encouraging Nigerian minds to greatness

We haven't reached that part yet, i haven't even written the exam yet.
Re: "Nigeria Has Failed You If You Are A Graduate Earning Less Than 200K Monthly" by Luizkid(m): 8:25pm On Oct 02, 2018
ceejayx:
I'm not even satisfied with the paltry 300k I'm managing undecided what a failed nation
Bros, pls remove one zero, tanx
Re: "Nigeria Has Failed You If You Are A Graduate Earning Less Than 200K Monthly" by Nobody: 8:29pm On Oct 02, 2018
Luizkid:

Bros, pls remove one zero, tanx
Remove it from ur own salary
Re: "Nigeria Has Failed You If You Are A Graduate Earning Less Than 200K Monthly" by 9JAFULLBREED(m): 8:40am On Oct 03, 2018
ujezeez:
Nigeria will be great...

Yeah sure in 2099 undecided
Re: "Nigeria Has Failed You If You Are A Graduate Earning Less Than 200K Monthly" by ujezeez(m): 10:50am On Oct 03, 2018
9JAFULLBREED:

Yeah sure in 2099 undecided
Lol...it could be before 2099.You never can tell.I believe this country will be great.don't give up on the 'Nigerian dream'.God bless!
Re: "Nigeria Has Failed You If You Are A Graduate Earning Less Than 200K Monthly" by Ugosample(m): 11:40am On Oct 03, 2018
anonymous96:
You live in a bubble....a bubble.. You may have a good paying job and I don't doubt you worked hard to get it.. But there are no Jobs is Nigeria is not a myth but a fact. The Firms you talk abt how many people do they recruit Yearly? You don't think there is a problem when since 1980 till date if you are looking for a job lagos is your best bet. There are no Jobs in Nigeria is not a myth but a fact. What is saving us now is that they use d class you graduated with to separate d sheeps from goats(nd 2:1 now sef job no certain) Don't use d bubble u live in to tell us there is jobs in Nigeria.

no mind the guy

I know their type
Re: "Nigeria Has Failed You If You Are A Graduate Earning Less Than 200K Monthly" by 9JAFULLBREED(m): 3:30pm On Oct 03, 2018
ujezeez:

Lol...it could be before 2099.You never can tell.I believe this country will be great.don't give up on the 'Nigerian dream'.God bless!

Continue dreaming! God bless you cool

Re: "Nigeria Has Failed You If You Are A Graduate Earning Less Than 200K Monthly" by MYSELF2018: 7:11pm On Oct 03, 2018
2019 admission is ongoing at canada, US, UK, Germany and Australia. You can still apply for Undergraduate and Postgraduate studies this year. Kindly send me a pm for more details or send a mail to gboyega.alake@gmail.com for more details.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Has Failed You If You Are A Graduate Earning Less Than 200K Monthly" by ujezeez(m): 7:33pm On Oct 03, 2018
9JAFULLBREED:

Continue dreaming! God bless you cool
Lol.,.cheers!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Build A Successful Career As A Data Scientist / How Can A Single Guy Manage ₦‎25k Salary In Port Harcourt? / I’ll Rather Quit Medicine Than Abandon Shoe-making - Adeosun Taiye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.