Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,673 members, 7,813,243 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:22 AM

Buhari’s Speech On Nigeria’s 58th Independence Anniversary - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Speech On Nigeria’s 58th Independence Anniversary (25768 Views)

Nigerian Ladies Celebrate 58th Independence With Topless Photos / Lai Mohammed Sleeping At An Exhibition Ahead Of The 58th Independence Day / Delegates Fight During Buhari’s Speech At APC Convention (Video, Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari’s Speech On Nigeria’s 58th Independence Anniversary by cooljoe7(m): 9:18am On Oct 01, 2018
Happy independence day folks.. cheesy

Check my signature.
Re: Buhari’s Speech On Nigeria’s 58th Independence Anniversary by myproperty(m): 9:19am On Oct 01, 2018
Was it a speech? or he was just talking as if discussing with someone
Re: Buhari’s Speech On Nigeria’s 58th Independence Anniversary by winj3: 9:19am On Oct 01, 2018
rafindo:
At the end of the 23 paragraph the old man virtually said nothing but nonsense. A recycled speech with no substance, well that what we get when we allow tribalism and religion to think for us.

Welcome to Nigeria...where the blind (not one-eyed man) leads the blind!

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Speech On Nigeria’s 58th Independence Anniversary by nelronaldo(m): 9:19am On Oct 01, 2018
Re: Buhari’s Speech On Nigeria’s 58th Independence Anniversary by Lomprico2: 9:21am On Oct 01, 2018
Lifeless!! undecided

God!!! We are so so so sorry, we can't bear this torment anymore. Forgive us. sad
Re: Buhari’s Speech On Nigeria’s 58th Independence Anniversary by gladisa7: 9:22am On Oct 01, 2018
did he read the address by himself or did osibanjo read it on his behalf? Also they should have given him a calculator so he can give d actual number of people killed by his herdsmen nephews since he rigged himself to power.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Speech On Nigeria’s 58th Independence Anniversary by sunsplash99(m): 9:23am On Oct 01, 2018
Lifeless speech
Re: Buhari’s Speech On Nigeria’s 58th Independence Anniversary by AloyalNigerian(m): 9:23am On Oct 01, 2018
God bless Mr. President.

I hope a formidable and honest candidate, with a good plan for economic progress and national development, replaces u in d coming election.
But from the look of things, it's safe if I say there's none for now.

Continue till 2023 sir.
Re: Buhari’s Speech On Nigeria’s 58th Independence Anniversary by Nobody: 9:23am On Oct 01, 2018
Ganzagangan:
God bless Nigeria
God bless PMB.

Sai baba.
Says a yoruba muslim /Tinubu slave or almaijiri from the north. I just know u must be one of the two. Dull psychologically brainwashed enslaved set of slowpokes.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Speech On Nigeria’s 58th Independence Anniversary by tegafej(m): 9:24am On Oct 01, 2018
It is always same routine talk. No hope no focus no ideologies no direction.
Re: Buhari’s Speech On Nigeria’s 58th Independence Anniversary by Double194(m): 9:24am On Oct 01, 2018
I actually took time to read it all and I can tell you emphatically that this is the flatest and most generic Independence speech ever.
There was nothing, not one thing that could provoke rational thought on that speech.
I campaigned and voted this man but now I am very very sure I made a huge mistake in 2015.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Speech On Nigeria’s 58th Independence Anniversary by nastynic(m): 9:24am On Oct 01, 2018
Fvck Buhari
Fvck Nigeria
Fvck Every Corrupt Politician Out There...
Tbh!
Apart from thanking God for Allowing us Wake up in this Hell Hole, What are we Celebrating?
58 years of political Exploitation?
58 years Of Economic Downfall?
58 years of Blowing the Candles from our national Cake and Restricting the Common Man from having a Cut?
Who are you Fooling?
I pray every Body who have exploited this country, Choke from every penny,Kobo eaten, Die with a Knife Sticking out of those lungs you use to generate false Promises

We Don't need Change!
We Don't Need Magic
We don't need a Bunch of Bastards!

All we need is a Secured Foundation for our Kids
Happy In-Dependence Day

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Speech On Nigeria’s 58th Independence Anniversary by ngkman: 9:25am On Oct 01, 2018
baba didnt even think about d labor strike and minimum wage and as usual still blames d past govts, mtchew, make i continue my hustle jor

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Speech On Nigeria’s 58th Independence Anniversary by Nobody: 9:27am On Oct 01, 2018
Double194:
I actually took time to read it all and I can tell you emphatically that this is the flatest and most generic Independence speech ever.
There was nothing, not one thing that could provoke rational thought on that speech.
I campaigned and voted this man but now I am very very sure I made a huge mistake in 2015.
its relative. What you make of it depends on the mindset with which you read it
Re: Buhari’s Speech On Nigeria’s 58th Independence Anniversary by 8stargeneral: 9:28am On Oct 01, 2018
Abeg who read am,because I knw notting good will ever comes out from lifeless dullard
Re: Buhari’s Speech On Nigeria’s 58th Independence Anniversary by Seedorph09(m): 9:29am On Oct 01, 2018
THAT OUR FEDERAL GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP/GRANT BE PAID

His Excellency, President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, President M Buhari.

His Excellency, V President Yemi Osinbajo.

The Minister of Education, Mallam Adamu Adamu.

All protocols are duly well extended.

We the Nigerian students will like to celebrate our fatherland on this day of her independence but our heart still remains in a state of unrest as our tuition fees and living expenses as students are left hanging/not catered for. The Federal Government however are yet to fulfil their promises regarding payment of the federal government scholarship for undergraduates and post graduate students.

We have always believed in this administration so we beg and plead that you should not let us down. You can as well count on us for the coming election if you put smiles on our faces by fast tracking payment of FSB award for old and new awardee.
Education still remains the best legacy, so please support our future and invest rightly.
#One Nigeria
#one nation
#one people.
Re: Buhari’s Speech On Nigeria’s 58th Independence Anniversary by ACHILLES45: 9:30am On Oct 01, 2018
Ganzagangan:
God bless Nigeria
God bless PMB.

Sai baba.
claptrap

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Speech On Nigeria’s 58th Independence Anniversary by deebrain(m): 9:30am On Oct 01, 2018
Its almost as though I knew what the speech was going to be... And I was so right.

Can bookmakers make these things into betting odds?
Re: Buhari’s Speech On Nigeria’s 58th Independence Anniversary by Hades2016(m): 9:31am On Oct 01, 2018
Nigeria Independence Day no electricity, no good road , no job for the youths nothing is working in the country our leaders are corrupt, truly Nigeria is great

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Speech On Nigeria’s 58th Independence Anniversary by oladele00(m): 9:31am On Oct 01, 2018
God bless PMB
Re: Buhari’s Speech On Nigeria’s 58th Independence Anniversary by Friend01(m): 9:31am On Oct 01, 2018
rafindo:
At the end of the 23 paragraph the old man virtually said nothing but nonsense. A recycled speech with no substance, well that what we get when we allow tribalism and religion to think for us.

He may not have said anything 'useful' to you because you and some other people refuse to see it because of jaundice attitude towards him.

As for tribalism I. love it to. those who think they are more superior to others with their this one amaka and that one amala.

And as for religion, there is nothing in all religious scripture that tells you to lie, be dishonest, cheat or become unruly. Religion is not and have never being a problem it is people who lack sincerity and are cunning that use religion to destroy and defraud people.

To me, religion has never being a problem. People are and stop blaming religion for the excesses of people.
Re: Buhari’s Speech On Nigeria’s 58th Independence Anniversary by isaaczik: 9:31am On Oct 01, 2018
This is the worst presidential speech I have ever read.

After wasting out time, he said nothing.

There is no achievement, no objective, no goal or aspiration.
I regret ever supporting this man as a president.
Please do yourself good to go and rest.

My worst President

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Speech On Nigeria’s 58th Independence Anniversary by emmanuelpopson(m): 9:32am On Oct 01, 2018
listening to the speech on radio this morning.. I couldn't hear what he was saying.. and now that I saw it online..it was empty and lack content... herders farmers,social media ,lake chad... are those our present predicament? the speech writer should b flogged 40 lashes...
President Trump couldn't have give this kinda speech that lacks inspiration and patriotism...

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Speech On Nigeria’s 58th Independence Anniversary by theboss01(m): 9:33am On Oct 01, 2018
So who compiled this?
Re: Buhari’s Speech On Nigeria’s 58th Independence Anniversary by suxy(m): 9:33am On Oct 01, 2018
no condemnation of the atrocities committed by Fulani herdsmen nor any word concerning the flood ravaging some states now nor the way forward for our economy.
Telling us about AU's and UN's project when our country don't have a goal she's pursuing. The only thing he remembered about the youth is how they helped him in "2015 historic election",
its well sha

3 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Speech On Nigeria’s 58th Independence Anniversary by enshi(m): 9:33am On Oct 01, 2018
Nothing on the national wage
Jos crisis
Et al
Re: Buhari’s Speech On Nigeria’s 58th Independence Anniversary by chinex276(m): 9:34am On Oct 01, 2018
As expected, a 29 paragraph gabbage
Re: Buhari’s Speech On Nigeria’s 58th Independence Anniversary by suxy(m): 9:35am On Oct 01, 2018
no condemnation of the atrocities committed by Fulani herdsmen nor any word concerning the flood ravaging some states now nor the way forward for our economy.
Telling us about AU's and UN's project when our country don't have a goal she's pursuing. The only thing he remembered about the youth is how they helped him in "2015 historic election",
its well sha embarassedno condemnation of the atrocities committed by Fulani herdsmen nor any word concerning the flood ravaging some states now nor the way forward for our economy.
its well sha
Re: Buhari’s Speech On Nigeria’s 58th Independence Anniversary by chronique(m): 9:35am On Oct 01, 2018
Trash, rubbish and complete nonsense!!! The greatest independent gift Nigeria can get is for you to carry your pathetic self away from that office and allow someone capable lead the nation.
Re: Buhari’s Speech On Nigeria’s 58th Independence Anniversary by Okeji(m): 9:35am On Oct 01, 2018
Kreamie:
Didn’t hear a word of what he said.
How can u hear or understand a word when ur brain and soul is already been stationed n remote to hate, whereby whatever is coming from d president or his allies irritates u except if it is a bad news which u can b happy n masturbates upon......Citizen of hates!!
Re: Buhari’s Speech On Nigeria’s 58th Independence Anniversary by Phred1717: 9:36am On Oct 01, 2018
Sometimes I wonder if our leaders still know that we are existing..how can a speech be so lifeless. At 58years we only have our existence to show for. When will our leaders start showing responsibility in leadership.
Re: Buhari’s Speech On Nigeria’s 58th Independence Anniversary by Galaticos444: 9:38am On Oct 01, 2018
Lifeless speech by d lifeless President undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Could Kwankwaso's Move To SDP Be Biggest Threat To PMB's Second Term? / 2019: Atiku Shows His Dancing Skill As He Meets Lagos State PDP Stakeholders / Jubilation In Kano On Affirmation Of Governor Abba Yusuf By The Supreme Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.