Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,468 members, 7,819,711 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

Lagos Residents Lament Hardship Over Collapsed Road - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Residents Lament Hardship Over Collapsed Road (13150 Views)

Heavy Traffic In Lekki As Lagos Residents Flout Lockdown / Snakes Invade Flooded Homes Of Villagers In Bayelsa As Residents Lament. Photos / See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Residents Lament Hardship Over Collapsed Road by otamiri2: 3:39am On Oct 02, 2018
Commuters plying the Bogije and Kajola ends of the Lekki-Epe Expressway, Ibeji-Lekki, Lagos State, have lamented the poor condition of the road.

They told PUNCH Metro that the road usually created traffic which lasted hours every morning and evening.

A resident, Monsurat Quadri, said she once trekked in the rain because she could not cope with the traffic.

The 45-year-old said, “We want the government to repair the road for us because the traffic generated by the poor condition of the road is serious. With or without rain, the road is not good. I was once stuck in traffic from 6pm to 8pm. That day, I had to alight from the bus and trek from Malete to Kajola. The bad road is our major problem in Ibeju-Lekki, especially from Bogije to Kajola. We want the governor to come to our aid.”

Another resident, Femi Farinloye, said the traffic had affected business in the area.

The Osun State indigene said, “The road is not motorable because of potholes. The traffic has paralysed many businesses in this area. The traffic usually starts from 6am till 11am when people are going to work and then around 4pm till 11pm when people are coming from work. In fact, some people were travelling for a party but were held in the traffic. It was inside the traffic that they started eating their food because they could no longer meet up with the party. Everywhere was totally blocked.”

When PUNCH Metro visited Bogije community, a food vendor, Olajumoke Ojutiwan, said her children usually go to school late because of the traffic.

She said, “We don’t have a good government in this country; this road is not good, they should help us to repair it. The traffic this road causes has made people to lose their jobs for resuming late at work. Also, children usually get late to school and their teachers think it is because they play around on their way to school.”

A driver, Richard Kyei, whose bus reportedly developed a fault due to the collapsed road, said someone had donated some interlocking stones to fill the potholes.

He said, “This is what we face every year. When it is dry season, the government would patch it, but during the rainy season, the road would spoil again. My vehicle got stuck in one of the potholes, and when I tried to move out, the shaft of my car got damaged.

“A Good Samaritan, who sells interlocking stones ordered his boys to fill some of the potholes with the stones so as to reduce the traffic. About 20 vehicles got stuck this morning and the owners had to get tippers to tow them away.”

A businessman, Okpobrisi Othuke, told PUNCH Metro that he had been filling some of the potholes with interlocking stones for over four years, adding that the Ibeju-Lekki Residents Association had taken up the matter.

He said, “When I see people suffering on that road, I feel pained; I want to provide a relief to them. I have been filling the road with interlocking stones for the past four years. Then about two or three other places along the road, I had constructed culverts.

“The contract of the Lekki-Epe Expressway was awarded to Strong Tower; the firm is supposed to construct the road from Ajah to Eleko junction. The company should also expand the road and provide facilities for it and make it six lanes. But I don’t know what has happened.”

Efforts by our correspondent to reach the spokesperson for Strongtower Infrastructure and Development Nigeria Limited proved abortive as of the time this report was filed.

The Public Relations Officer, Ministry of Transportation, Mr Tunji Bakare, said he would call back.

He had yet to do so as of press time.
Source: https://grandmarketsquare.com/lagos-residents-lament-hardship-over-collapsed-road/

1 Like

Re: Lagos Residents Lament Hardship Over Collapsed Road by Mimee803: 3:49am On Oct 02, 2018
Ambode must go!

This road is terrible my family and I spent no less than 6hours in traffic to nd fro! And to think that it leads to Ambodes town Epe I find it hard 2 believe! Honestly this poster doesn't exaggerate the roads are terrible! I remember how Fashola turned surulere around totally when he was governor and I wonder how lagosians can even support this joker man called Ambode! U just have 2 look at how dirty lagos is to know he cant handle d job!

All those people talking trash Ambode does not pay my salary! I love lagos I live in lagos I pay my tax...I'm not some sojourner! The only people who are supporting Ambo are people who stand 2 gain something from him and people who want lagos to fail and guess what! Eko oni baje.....O baje ti! Ambode will go first before lagos spoils
!

68 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Residents Lament Hardship Over Collapsed Road by fareed69(m): 4:21am On Oct 02, 2018
Buying space.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Residents Lament Hardship Over Collapsed Road by moscobabs(m): 4:22am On Oct 02, 2018
From Oshodi to Tollgate , I spend 8hrs to and from.

The construction company in that road are confuse..... They build today and destroy tomorrow and they are very slow

I always feel irritated when ever I hear the name AMBODE cos its synonymous to Failure

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Residents Lament Hardship Over Collapsed Road by ipobarecriminals: 4:24am On Oct 02, 2018
sad grin wink sad AMBO the phat Hippo is working .A view of Ambo Mega city.Vote for Maxi Ambo so dat he can complete ruin lagos with his ineptitude . *Seem Pa Tinuba go forgive Ambo*

7 Likes

Re: Lagos Residents Lament Hardship Over Collapsed Road by Next2Bezee(m): 4:24am On Oct 02, 2018
On 1st October, just like every other day, all we could celebrate was the fact that we haved lived to see another day.

There was nothing to celebrate about the current Nigeria -- except death, terrorism, oppression, bad roads, blocked roads, large scale erosion, unemployement, poverty, corruption, inflation, human rights violations, lack of electricity, election rigging, strike, deteriorating educational sector, lacklustre social amenities, international condemnation, many more.

Nigeria is a failed country with a lifeless president. The only people smiling today are those who have already gotten their visas and are preparing to leave this shithole.

Lagos is now a fecal infested sh1thole thanks to the crybaby, Ambode.

Gone are the days where October 1st brought joy to the heart of many.

Adieu, Nigeria.

22 Likes

Re: Lagos Residents Lament Hardship Over Collapsed Road by ijemishkisic(m): 4:25am On Oct 02, 2018
Sufer suffer too much in this country, even @58.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Residents Lament Hardship Over Collapsed Road by deff2: 4:25am On Oct 02, 2018
Mile 2 to okokomailko is even worse. Ambode has failed us in all ramifications

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Residents Lament Hardship Over Collapsed Road by Iruobean(m): 4:25am On Oct 02, 2018
grin
Re: Lagos Residents Lament Hardship Over Collapsed Road by dominique(f): 4:26am On Oct 02, 2018
Sadly we're in politics season, your lamentations will not be heard. The people in government are too busy trying to secure another opportunity to loot more.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Residents Lament Hardship Over Collapsed Road by Wiseandtrue(f): 4:26am On Oct 02, 2018
Ambode you better shun distractors and concentrate ooooo

If you had made the mistake of entrusting Tinubu with All the contracts, leave that one for now and sue him to court later!

If you lose the money, you will survive now

Redeem you image! Save your name first save your NAME!

8 Likes

Re: Lagos Residents Lament Hardship Over Collapsed Road by beethoven: 4:28am On Oct 02, 2018
It wasn't Fashola that turned Surulere around ooo. Lagos State happened to have won sponsorship from ADB to rehabilitate roads.

Mimee803:
Ambode must go!

This road is terrible my family and I spent no less than 6hours in traffic to nd fro! And to think that it leads to Ambodes town Epe I find it hard 2 believe! Honestly this poster doesn't exaggerate the roads are terrible! I remember how Fashola turned surulere around totally when he was governor and I wonder how lagosians can even support this joker man called Ambode! U just have 2 look at how dirty lagos is to know he cant handle d job!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Residents Lament Hardship Over Collapsed Road by dancewith: 4:31am On Oct 02, 2018
The smear campaign against a once APC poster governor is shocking. Suddenly Ambode is this and that. Was it not just weeks ago that Ambode was the best thing that happened since slice bread to Lagosians?

Roads have always been bad in Nigeria. It has been the norm. The entire arms and levels of govt need to wake up. From the Local to state and federal. They are all culpable. None is performing. Selecting the one to smear due to political reasons makes a mockery of social justice

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Residents Lament Hardship Over Collapsed Road by Daboomb: 4:34am On Oct 02, 2018
Mimee803:
Ambode must go!

Hatchet job spotted!

Ambode must go simply because less than 20ft of your road is collapsed and bad, during this torrential rainy season where whole villages in Towns in Delta, Kogi, e.t.c are completely under flood water? By the same stretch, l think we need to just kill the Governors of those state, not just ask them to go like Ambode. undecided undecided

If you want Ambode to go, please find a better reason to ocnvince Lagosians, like he drinks too much beer or clubs too much, and then we can take you serious.

No be only go, Ambode should be deported to Somalia sef.
Yeeye dey smell.

14 Likes

Re: Lagos Residents Lament Hardship Over Collapsed Road by Daboomb: 4:40am On Oct 02, 2018
dancewith:
The smear campaign against a once APC poster governor is shocking. Suddenly Ambode is this and that. Was it not just weeks ago that Ambode was the best thing that happened since slice bread to Lagosians?

Roads have always been bad in Nigeria. It has been the norm. The entire arms and levels of govt need to wake up. From the Local to state and federal. They are all culpable. None is performing. Selecting the one to smear due to political reasons makes a mockery of social justice

Dont mind this mindless, flip-floppers.
The kind of herd mentality that they are suffering from, e nor get part 2.

All of a sudden, even those that praised Ambode to high heavens, less than three days ago (Lagos Senators!), have suddenly joined the bandwagon, just because Tinubu is displeased?

I dont like Ambode since 2015 (i think he is Elitist and feels entitled) but l hate when people cant dislike somebody because they have their own reasons .........but simply because Tinubu has said so!
If this is now the new yardstick for measurimg performance of a Governor, then Nigeria and indeed the South West, is in big trouble going forward.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Residents Lament Hardship Over Collapsed Road by Nwaohafia1: 4:40am On Oct 02, 2018
Ambode is working
Re: Lagos Residents Lament Hardship Over Collapsed Road by gibsgibs(m): 4:44am On Oct 02, 2018
That road is nothing to write home about. The road has no drainage at all so when rain falls, it stays on the road and then, one lane is gone completely

The only lane that people have been managing now have pot holes. I spent 4hrs in traffic on that road today. The government is so irresponsible. An expressway without no drainage system is a joker.

This same road leads to Epe and Ibeju Lekki and to other parts of the country via Epe route. There are now pot holes also along CMS, bonny camp and from lekki to Ajah.

I wonder what the government is using what it generates from the toll gate to do.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Residents Lament Hardship Over Collapsed Road by Jabioro: 4:47am On Oct 02, 2018
I just dey laugh,seriously no be laugh matter.!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Residents Lament Hardship Over Collapsed Road by Daboomb: 4:49am On Oct 02, 2018
Next2Bezee:
On 1st October, just like every other day, all we could celebrate was the fact that we haved lived to see another day.

There was nothing to celebrate about the current Nigeria -- except death, terrorism, oppression, bad roads, blocked roads, large scale erosion, unemployement, poverty, corruption, inflation, human rights violations, lack of electricity, election rigging, strike, deteriorating educational sector, lacklustre social amenities, international condemnation, many more.

Nigeria is a failed country with a lifeless president. The only people smiling today are those who have already gotten their visas and are preparing to leave this shithole.

Lagos is now a fecal infested sh1thole thanks to the crybaby, Ambode.

Gone are the days where October 1st brought joy to the heart of many.

Adieu, Nigeria.

Oga, slow down now! Teh world is not coming to an end yet. grin grin
Things will get better with time.

I wonder how you think getting a foreign Visa is a panacea to all your problems? Its kind of funny when l hear such statements because l am aware that even for people who had lived abroad and become " foreign citizens", they still dont think thatall their problems are now solved, talk less of those who just got visiting Visas! shocked shocked

When you get the Visa to runaway from Nigeria, you will be confronted with a new set of challenges at your host country and for some people in that category, some of them in retrospect, think they would have fared better, had they not left nigeria and quite a few, relocate back to Nigeria after a few year sojourn.

Just make the best oif whatever situation you find yourself or is it not this same Nigerian that people are starting out from Grass, to Grace? Having nothing and eventually, with time, becoming Millionaires with a thriving Business.
Re: Lagos Residents Lament Hardship Over Collapsed Road by YurFatHer: 4:52am On Oct 02, 2018
I swear Ambode don Bleep up big time.

They r gon' flog him out of that seat soon

Re: Lagos Residents Lament Hardship Over Collapsed Road by Lyoncrescent: 4:59am On Oct 02, 2018
Yesterday,the traffic from ikorodu to ketu a journey of about 15 minutes took about 2 hours simply because of a bad patch of the road in ketu that the government has refused to fix for the past few weeks. Everytime it rains the bad patch gets worse. Yet the lasg are doing nothing. So much hardship. The traffic gets worse when it rains. I hope someone in government sees this and takes steps to reduce the suffering

9 Likes

Re: Lagos Residents Lament Hardship Over Collapsed Road by safetyInspector(m): 5:01am On Oct 02, 2018
It is too early to take a stand like this. I hope if the table turns around you will still maintain your stand? Oh! I know your kind, you will abandon this moniker, create another one and start disturbing us on how Ambode is the best governor.
ipobarecriminals:
sad grin wink sad AMBO the phat Hippo is working .A view of Ambo Mega city.Vote for Maxi Ambo so dat he can complete ruin lagos with his ineptitude . *Seem Pa Tinuba go forgive Ambo*

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Residents Lament Hardship Over Collapsed Road by no1madman(m): 5:04am On Oct 02, 2018
DRACULAS dey rule Nigeria. . Dis is not acceptable. . .una mumu never do.
Re: Lagos Residents Lament Hardship Over Collapsed Road by alaye1(m): 5:05am On Oct 02, 2018
omo DAT road no be for here Oooo, I swear Dangote trailers na him come spoil am pass.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Residents Lament Hardship Over Collapsed Road by omooba969(m): 5:05am On Oct 02, 2018
Mimee803:
Ambode must go!

Do you expect Ambode to leave his office & come with digger to repair the road?undecided Are these duties not delegated already, check if the contracts have not been awarded? People like you need to stop riding on emotions & adopt a thorough thought process when it comes to issues of governance/administration.

Do you expect Ambode to come & pack the refuse on your streets, how did the refuse end up on the streets if not for the dirty habits of you Nigerians. There's absolute indiscipline & lawlessness in the land which remains the bone of contention. cool

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Residents Lament Hardship Over Collapsed Road by abibun: 5:09am On Oct 02, 2018
gibsgibs:
That road is nothing to write home about. The road has no drainage at all so when rain falls, it stays on the road and then, one lane is gone completely

The only lane that people have been managing now have pot holes. I spent 4hrs in traffic on that road today. The government is so irresponsible. An expressway without no drainage system is a joker.

This same road leads to Epe and Ibeju Lekki and to other parts of the country via Epe route. There are now pot holes also along CMS, bonny camp and from lekki to Ajah.

I wonder what the government is using what it generates from the toll gate to do.
Lagosians believing u guys now is becoming hard, I read a story last week where the writers says the only road Ambode constructed is the road leading to Epe and he constructed the road because to ease his movement to epe. Here u are again saying the road to epe is bad, abeg who do we begin to believe again

1 Like

Re: Lagos Residents Lament Hardship Over Collapsed Road by NothingDoMe: 5:09am On Oct 02, 2018
ipobarecriminals:
If Tinubu and ambode were in good terms you won't be talking this nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Residents Lament Hardship Over Collapsed Road by showafrica(m): 5:22am On Oct 02, 2018
dominique:
Sadly we're in politics season, your lamentations will not be heard. The people in government are too busy trying to secure another opportunity to loot more.

Thats what makes me crazy. Ask the Ambo why the roads are bad, he will tell you there is no resources, the FG did not do this and that...so why not resign let another person go find resources.. NO he will not. AFRICA IS CURSED. The only solution is to start eliminating every bad egg.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Residents Lament Hardship Over Collapsed Road by Rumicarter: 5:37am On Oct 02, 2018
Ikorodu Road nko?
The damn traffic starts from Mile 12.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Residents Lament Hardship Over Collapsed Road by DabuIIIT: 5:37am On Oct 02, 2018
Coneheads.ain't they busy with tinubu and distracting the hardworking Ambode?
Coneheads.

Stop complaining and support Ambode.
Allow Ambode to continue with his job

1 Like

Re: Lagos Residents Lament Hardship Over Collapsed Road by SensaGreene: 5:52am On Oct 02, 2018
Mimee803:
Ambode must go!

That's my main problem. Lagos is too dirty. It irks me when I see piles and piles of dirt. If elected for a second term, he should try and put in more effort to clean Lagos.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

LASG Announces Road Closure Ahead Of Lagos Marathon / Urgent ! Visiting Canada For A Conference / Contractor To Suspend Lagos-Ibadan Road Construction, Resume January

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.