Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,601 members, 7,827,263 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

Lagos Residents Lament Hardship Over Collapsed Road - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Residents Lament Hardship Over Collapsed Road (13155 Views)

Heavy Traffic In Lekki As Lagos Residents Flout Lockdown / Snakes Invade Flooded Homes Of Villagers In Bayelsa As Residents Lament. Photos / See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Residents Lament Hardship Over Collapsed Road by imitateMe(m): 5:54am On Oct 02, 2018
Mimee803:
Ambode must go!

This road is terrible my family and I spent no less than 6hours in traffic to nd fro! And to think that it leads to Ambodes town Epe I find it hard 2 believe! Honestly this poster doesn't exaggerate the roads are terrible! I remember how Fashola turned surulere around totally when he was governor and I wonder how lagosians can even support this joker man called Ambode! U just have 2 look at how dirty lagos is to know he cant handle d job!
You nailed it.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Residents Lament Hardship Over Collapsed Road by livinbygrace: 5:55am On Oct 02, 2018
And they claim Ambode is working,Keep supporting mediocrity.
Re: Lagos Residents Lament Hardship Over Collapsed Road by 1stNumeroUno: 6:01am On Oct 02, 2018
Brethren!

The chain goes thus: Ambode brought in Vision Escape that can't clear dirt properly. People started dropping dirt at road junctions/median. Then some dirt finds their way into drainages (and gutters). Now the rain has come and there is no free flow of water. The rain water finds its way to our low quality roads and here we are.

Please let's re-elect Ambo to come and fix it o.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Residents Lament Hardship Over Collapsed Road by Glink2018(m): 6:15am On Oct 02, 2018
dominique:
Sadly we're in politics season, your lamentations will not be heard. The people in government are too busy trying to secure another opportunity to loot more.

Don't you think this is the right time to jet out of this country ...

Just soliloquy..
Re: Lagos Residents Lament Hardship Over Collapsed Road by wristbangle: 6:26am On Oct 02, 2018
Mimee803:
Ambode must go!

This road is terrible my family and I spent no less than 6hours in traffic to nd fro! And to think that it leads to Ambodes town Epe I find it hard 2 believe! Honestly this poster doesn't exaggerate the roads are terrible! I remember how Fashola turned surulere around totally when he was governor and I wonder how lagosians can even support this joker man called Ambode! U just have 2 look at how dirty lagos is to know he cant handle d job!

Shey no be wetin I dey talk be this whey some non lagosians dey attack me? Matter whey e no concern dem especially our east coast brethren naim dem dey choke mouth put.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Residents Lament Hardship Over Collapsed Road by fokusmind: 6:27am On Oct 02, 2018
Daboomb:

Hatchet job spotted!

Ambode must go simply because less than 20ft of your road is collapsed and bad, during this torrential rainy season where whole villages in Towns in Delta, Kogi, e.t.c are completely under flood water? By the same stretch, l think we need to just kill the Governors of those state, not just ask them to go like Ambode. undecided undecided

If you want Ambode to go, please find a better reason to ocnvince Lagosians, like he drinks too much beer or clubs too much, and then we can take you serious.

No be only go, Ambode should be deported to Somalia sef.
Yeeye dey smell.

This is Lagos not some Delta this Kogi that. Lagos generate billions every month from Lagosians, they deserve better. Lagos is goin backwards and we cannot stand that. That Bogije spot, I was there 4:30am this morning going to work and I still got stuck woth hold up. And to think I will still have to pay N400 every day at the tollgate after collecting tax on my income is unfair.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Residents Lament Hardship Over Collapsed Road by wristbangle: 6:28am On Oct 02, 2018
dancewith:
The smear campaign against a once APC poster governor is shocking. Suddenly Ambode is this and that. Was it not just weeks ago that Ambode was the best thing that happened since slice bread to Lagosians?

Roads have always been bad in Nigeria. It has been the norm. The entire arms and levels of govt need to wake up. From the Local to state and federal. They are all culpable. None is performing. Selecting the one to smear due to political reasons makes a mockery of social justice

Bro, please be honest. God is watching you. Do you live in Lagos?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Residents Lament Hardship Over Collapsed Road by jaxxy(m): 7:00am On Oct 02, 2018
Wiseandtrue:
Ambode you better shun distractors and concentrate ooooo

If you had made the mistake of entrusting Tinubu with All the contracts, leave that one for now and sue him to court later!

If you lose the money, you will survive now

Redeem you image! Save your name first save your NAME!

And it is also tinubu that has visionScape dat has left virtually all our streets littered with refuse? Are the basic potholes on streets done by Tinubu’s coy? This man has refused to work in the right direction or with d right people.
Re: Lagos Residents Lament Hardship Over Collapsed Road by ipobarecriminals: 7:41am On Oct 02, 2018
safetyInspector:
It is too early to take a stand like this. I hope if the table turns around you will still maintain your stand? Oh! I know your kind, you will abandon this moniker, create another one and start disturbing us on how Ambode is the best governor.
Forget it.If Ambo "Miraculous" win dis primary, count me out of campaign/ support for him.I dey on ground here in Lekki.No tyme
Re: Lagos Residents Lament Hardship Over Collapsed Road by texazzpete(m): 7:42am On Oct 02, 2018
Daboomb:

Hatchet job spotted!

Ambode must go simply because less than 20ft of your road is collapsed and bad, during this torrential rainy season where whole villages in Towns in Delta, Kogi, e.t.c are completely under flood water? By the same stretch, l think we need to just kill the Governors of those state, not just ask them to go like Ambode. undecided undecided

If you want Ambode to go, please find a better reason to ocnvince Lagosians, like he drinks too much beer or clubs too much, and then we can take you serious.

No be only go, Ambode should be deported to Somalia sef.
Yeeye dey smell.

omooba969:

Do you expect Ambode to leave his office & come with digger to repair the road?undecided Are this duties not delegated already, check if the contracts have not been awarded? People like you need to stop riding on emotions & adopt a thorough thought process when it comes to issues of governance/administration.

Do expect Ambode to come & pack the refuse on your streets, how did the refuse end up on the streets if not for the dirty habits of you Nigerians. There's absolute indiscipline & lawlessness in the land which remains the bone of contention. cool

No be una fault na. When you grow up, stop collecting pocket money from mummy and daddy and start paying taxes, you will learn to complain when basic services like good roads are lacking.

Yours is the provincial Nigerian mentality of ‘manage it like that ‘. You must learn to do better.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Residents Lament Hardship Over Collapsed Road by ipobarecriminals: 7:44am On Oct 02, 2018
NothingDoMe:
If Tinubu and ambode were in good terms you won't be talking this nonsense.
so lagosian shud continue suffering under his ineptitude,rite?
Re: Lagos Residents Lament Hardship Over Collapsed Road by disneybanks1980(m): 7:48am On Oct 02, 2018
These are the reasons why Ambode Must Go....
Lets vote in Sanwo- Eko for continuity.
Re: Lagos Residents Lament Hardship Over Collapsed Road by uuzba(m): 7:49am On Oct 02, 2018
Next2Bezee:
On 1st October, just like every other day, all we could celebrate was the fact that we haved lived to see another day.

There was nothing to celebrate about the current Nigeria -- except death, terrorism, oppression, bad roads, blocked roads, large scale erosion, unemployement, poverty, corruption, inflation, human rights violations, lack of electricity, election rigging, strike, deteriorating educational sector, lacklustre social amenities, international condemnation, many more.

Nigeria is a failed country with a lifeless president. The only people smiling today are those who have already gotten their visas and are preparing to leave this shithole.

Lagos is now a fecal infested sh1thole thanks to the crybaby, Ambode.

Gone are the days where October 1st brought joy to the heart of many.

Adieu, Nigeria.

You know, when you write all these, "I give up, Nigeria has ended" comments, I wonder what result you expect to get.

If someone sat for a maths exam and just kept repeating, "I give up, Maths is impossible". That person will definitely fail.

No matter how difficult it is, there is still some positive statement you can make. This is social media and comments fly far and wide.

You can send critical comments, hoping it reaches the right ears and a correction is made.
But if you yourself have already given up and just spend time just crying in the comments, the powers that be will simply DO NOTHING and wait for your demise.

MEANWHILE, the problem remains.
In summary, a bad comment is useless. It does not contribute anything to anybody. It is empty. It doest even make you feel better.
Re: Lagos Residents Lament Hardship Over Collapsed Road by nokatakata: 7:53am On Oct 02, 2018
Fooli.sh people. Sebi you were all matching on support of ambode...some of you idi.ots even matched to tinubu's house as if he is the one that will conduct primaries. Go and meet ambode to fix the road na...i thought ya'll said he is the best perfoming governor and he has performed so well. This road is definitely not in lagos...it must be somehwere in owerri....una never see anything. Una go suffer tire .
Re: Lagos Residents Lament Hardship Over Collapsed Road by Mimee803: 8:39am On Oct 02, 2018
Spot on!

I have received nothing from any bloody politician! I pay my tax I live in lagos I love lagos that's why I will speak up Ambode is not paying my salary!

All u people talking nonsense just take a quick trip to d said road I dare you! It's easy to type about things u dont know Jacksh!t about...the people who have to use dat commute everyday know the truth and one day truth will prevail over all the bloody lies and liars....

the only people supporting Ambode are those who stand 2 gain something from him or d downfall of lagos!
texazzpete:

No be una fault na. When you grow up, stop collecting pocket money from mummy and daddy and start paying taxes, you will learn to complain when basic services like good roads are lacking.

Yours is the provincial Nigerian mentality of ‘manage it like that ‘. You must learn to do better.
Re: Lagos Residents Lament Hardship Over Collapsed Road by hush15: 9:10am On Oct 02, 2018
Mimee803:
Ambode must go!

All those people talking trash Ambode does not pay my salary! I love lagos I live in lagos I pay my tax...I'm not some sojourner! The only people who are supporting Ambo are people who stand 2 gain something from him and people who want lagos to fail and guess what! Eko oni baje.....O baje ti! Ambode will go first before lagos spoils
!

i understand your plight and know thats its the same story in many places all over lagos but i will be honest with you, we still need the ambode guy for many reasons, first and foremost, we need to free ourselves from that Tinubu shackles cos he is still one of the reasons why we are still in quagmire. Then second is most of these constructions you see arent facelift but major rehabs which include total reconstruction from scratch hence why its taking so much time. i dont want to make excuse for the governor, infact i am surprised that i am trying to reason with him but its way better than letting Tinubu have his way
Re: Lagos Residents Lament Hardship Over Collapsed Road by BelovedBuhari(m): 9:11am On Oct 02, 2018
A lot of you talking trash here don't stay in Lagos or have just moved to Lagos recently.

Those of us that has been here all our lives and have been following developments since 1999 through Bola Tinubu and Fashola's government had known that Ambode was an error from the start.

I created this thread months ago: https://www.nairaland.com/4174555/ambode-not-working-think

It's clear to every one as alleged by Muiz Banire and Tinubu that Ambode was never part of the team that drew up the Lagos master plan and had messed up the whole mega city plan.

He disbanded the LAWMA team, Drain Ducks Team of MOE, turned a lot of program upside down, have not added any projects to what Fashola did in the Education and Health Sectors; feeder roads everywhere are riddled with pot holes; piles of dirt everywhere...

Please let Ambode go. W e have had enough. Tinubu made a mistake on this one in 2015
Re: Lagos Residents Lament Hardship Over Collapsed Road by Mimee803: 9:27am On Oct 02, 2018
I agree with u and thank u for communicating uncoloured...I know Tinubu must also go but I'm afraid 2 even think of d oda options aka Pdp if Ambode stays Tinubu too still stays recall same thing happened to Fashola But if pdp brings a viable contender say Otedola?( just a tot o..) grin it mite be worth it 2 change ship 4 once in lagos APC is getting too corky...
hush15:

i understand your plight and know thats its the same story in many places all over lagos but i will be honest with you, we still need the ambode guy for many reasons, first and foremost, we need to free ourselves from that Tinubu shackles cos he is still one of the reasons why we are still in quagmire. Then second is most of these constructions you see arent facelift but major rehabs which include total reconstruction from scratch hence why its taking so much time. i dont want to make excuse for the governor, infact i am surprised that i am trying to reason with him but its way better than letting Tinubu have his way
Re: Lagos Residents Lament Hardship Over Collapsed Road by Mimee803: 9:34am On Oct 02, 2018
Thank u! Another uncoloured comment..... cool
texazzpete:

Re: Lagos Residents Lament Hardship Over Collapsed Road by omooba969(m): 10:53am On Oct 02, 2018
texazzpete:

[s]No be una fault na. When you grow up, stop collecting pocket money from mummy and daddy and start paying taxes, you will learn to complain when basic services like good roads are lacking.

Yours is the provincial Nigerian mentality of ‘manage it like that ‘. You must learn to do better.[/s]

Trash.

You ain't making sense coz everyone knows that basic amenities ought to be provided for the citizenry. However, it brings into question whom you cast your vote for - do you recycle thieves who parade themselves as politicians? cool
Re: Lagos Residents Lament Hardship Over Collapsed Road by KosyJerry(m): 11:50am On Oct 02, 2018
I never knew lagos has detoriated this much. Was in lagos in March, just wondering why I didn’t go through such roads.. not nice

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dana Crash: Black Box Report Ready In 2013 – Ministry / Cleanest City In Nigeria / Contractor To Suspend Lagos-Ibadan Road Construction, Resume January

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.