Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

After Meeting With Buhari Tinubu Insist On Sanwo-olu - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / After Meeting With Buhari Tinubu Insist On Sanwo-olu (42206 Views)

Petition: Tribunal Orders Substituted Service On Sanwo-olu / Eze Chinedu Mozie: Igbo Leaders In Lagos Call On Sanwo-Olu To Release Chief / "Make Our Wet Dreams Come True" Written On Sanwo-Olu's Campaign Car (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After Meeting With Buhari Tinubu Insist On Sanwo-olu by Ayo25: 7:13am On Oct 02, 2018
Naychuzzy:

Maybe. But in truth I must really say, Ambode will be defecting once he loses the primary. This man cannot be pushed out of the realm of politics completely all becos he had a fall out with some godfather. He wan spoil hin life ni abi na hin be the first person whey go help upcoming? Tinubu just wan mess him up completely man.

I bet you if he defects today he will be impeached tommorrow and if you are impeached you cannot contest election under any platform. If defection were an option he would have done that long ago

1 Like

Re: After Meeting With Buhari Tinubu Insist On Sanwo-olu by Nobody: 7:14am On Oct 02, 2018
Lagos has really become a shithole
Ambode decided to throw away the blue print laid by tinubu and complemented by fashola
The hold up from mile 12 to keyu alone is thirty minutes
Cars are now passing brt lane thereby causing another hold up
Okada riders wey no fit pass express sef don get liver
Waste is another problem on its own

Nobody hates ambode
But we voted for you just because of the good works we saw fashola do in his administration
Its only logical that you face stiff penalties if you decide to go against what your party stands for

2 Likes

Re: After Meeting With Buhari Tinubu Insist On Sanwo-olu by Iphupa: 7:22am On Oct 02, 2018
Naychuzzy:

I like the sound of 'post at the centre' but then, is it still not Tinubu?? Hmm
even omisore could bargain because he had juicy positions waiting for him..ambode too can but if he goes head on with tinubu.sorry would be his name
Re: After Meeting With Buhari Tinubu Insist On Sanwo-olu by ariesbull: 7:22am On Oct 02, 2018
SarakiBukola:

Not as funny as Igbo fighting over street naming or statues grin

Did you hear the governor of Ebonyi táking a person Al swipe on Anambra saying he spread fake dollars or some low stuff

It's becoming shameful

It's either a Yoruba king will bicker a Yoruba king
Or a Yoruba governor will bicker a Yoruba governor yet their States is in shambles...look at Yoruba kids in Yoruba city marching yesterday...did you see how the environment looks dirty...and this is a Yoruba city

This should be a concern and I think Ambode should focus and be left alone y concentrate.

We must leave shadows ...what did Ambode do wrong ? Why is it that everyone that opposes some of you guys statement you assume it's Igbo ....look at a part of a city in Yoruba land as if yesterday October 1st .

This should be worrying you not Ambode

Re: After Meeting With Buhari Tinubu Insist On Sanwo-olu by ReachHard: 7:24am On Oct 02, 2018
My personal pre-analysis on possible outcomes from the Lagos primaries, on both sides:
IF AMBODE WINS...
1. There might be high political instability within the State, going by the foreclosed wishes of the kingmakers;
2. His victory may as well go down as one of the biggest political upsets EVER witnessed in recent democratic history;
3. You can be rest assured that Tinubu (and his cohorts) will certainly not go down without a fight. The last thing on his mind, will be to dump the party he almost single-handedly constituted. So, be prepared for heavy political fireworks if Ambode's victory becomes the story.
4. Ambode will spend the remaining four years of his tenure like a 'political orphan.' Only close aides, associates, faithful followers etc will tag along with him all the way... except, of course, he goes back to "appease the gods" (which is not something really unusual these days)
5. Lastly, of course, except his challenger (Sanwoolu) gracefully accepts defeat and throws in the towel, expect huge legal fireworks thereafter. Politicians love visiting courtrooms, don't they?
IF SANWOOLU WINS...
1. Just as in Ambode's victory situation, there's also a huge possibility of a breakdown of law and order. It might interest you to know that, despite the massive endorsements Sanwoolu may have received, Ambode himself equally has a great deal of followership across the state. And these ones too will raise a lot of eyebrows and may likely cause mayhem if things don't go their way. The security agencies will definitely have their jobs well cut out!
2. Tinubu will only further cement his status as the self-proclaimed "godfather" of Lagos politics, nay, the "Jagaban" of Africa. His praise will ring even louder amongst his core loyalists, home and abroad.
And he, of course, will feel satisfied and vindicated.
3. A possibility of a massive exodus from the party is still up in the air. Except Ambode himself makes his move, that is, if he feels dissatisfied with the result. If he chooses to stay with the party, then his followers themselves will stay put, and perhaps, let the sleeping dogs lie. They will love him too much to upset the apple cart against his directives. Recall also that during the world press conference by Ambode, he declared he's ready to work with the progressives, regardless of the outcome. Even though we hardly trust politicians by their words, it is believed he spoke his mind.
4. Their party may lose more national votes for the forthcoming general elections, it will take more efforts at unification and fence-mending after all is won and lost at this event, to prevent that from happening. And this is one reason why you find the National Headquarters of the party serially postponing the d-day, they are fully aware what is at stake here, both for themselves, and their party's fortunes as a whole.
5. The party stands a 60-40 chance (if not less) of winning the gubernatorial elections, that is, if the main opposition party fully gets itself prepared for the challenge and presents a formidable opponent. Jimi Agbaje might still have that clout, any other candidate (for now) might just be a straight walk to Alausa for Sanwoolu.
Fingers crossed.

1 Like

Re: After Meeting With Buhari Tinubu Insist On Sanwo-olu by Opinionated: 7:24am On Oct 02, 2018
Re: After Meeting With Buhari Tinubu Insist On Sanwo-olu by Bloggz74(m): 7:24am On Oct 02, 2018
sarrki:

He made him the governor
So please don’t say what you don’t know
I also want Ambode
But the against are more than those in favor

Also the pdp goons and online miscreants showing love to Him damaged everything
Most especially the press conference they made him do

There is no one against him.
Only one person said NO.
And they echoed.
So sad
Re: After Meeting With Buhari Tinubu Insist On Sanwo-olu by Nobody: 7:28am On Oct 02, 2018
I really do not know how people think
Before now I normally hear Ambode lekan si, Ambode is really working all of a sudden you are all changed your tone just because somebody did not endorse him
Ambode is not stubborn, you people are shouting democracy upandan and you expect him to step down the moment tinubu says he is not going to endorse him
I love the fact that he stood up to fight for his right if he loses he is still a winner because he did not allow himself to be intimidated
You people should kip following somebody decision and except a better nation

1 Like

Re: After Meeting With Buhari Tinubu Insist On Sanwo-olu by lasmile(f): 7:28am On Oct 02, 2018
Grammar... I hail o...

a
Lifestone:
Ambode has brought down the standard of governance in Lagos.
Re: After Meeting With Buhari Tinubu Insist On Sanwo-olu by Nobody: 7:29am On Oct 02, 2018
Bloggz74:

There is no one against him.
Only one person said NO.
And they echoed.
So sad
Extremely sad
Re: After Meeting With Buhari Tinubu Insist On Sanwo-olu by EmekaMD(m): 7:29am On Oct 02, 2018
sarrki:
Aside what we are believed to have happened

I think there is more to it

Ambode might have wronged Tinubu and other members that made him badly
wronged his Lord and Savior u mean?
Ewu..

How many persons have jagabandit wronged?
Re: After Meeting With Buhari Tinubu Insist On Sanwo-olu by bigpicture001: 7:29am On Oct 02, 2018
Naychuzzy:
Wait guys. You know they say there's an element of truth in every rumor. A revelation was made concerning a phone between the two of them whereby after After the call, Ambo forgot to cut the call as he started raging and ranting to his colleagues about the stress and wahala of Tinubu. He was quoted as saying 'I gave him thiis, I gave him that. What else does he want again' and something similar to that.

I have a strong feeling that shit must be one of the major reasons he Tinubu is trying to mess him up big time.
.....is it not ok to get frustrated with Tinubu's milking of state resources?
Re: After Meeting With Buhari Tinubu Insist On Sanwo-olu by Adesolomon2014(m): 7:31am On Oct 02, 2018
Gboy101:
a criminal with a case file in USA. tinubu is fighting for his pocket. he is trying to install his boy or loyal servant that would transfer all Lagos money to his bank account. remember when he tried that with buhari when his wife said Lagos state need a special status and special money. the bill was killed by saraki. and more hate for saraki

Re: After Meeting With Buhari Tinubu Insist On Sanwo-olu by Nobody: 7:35am On Oct 02, 2018
deomelo:

lol @ ipob super story.

grin grin

You have never made any valid points and no shame about it whatsoever. Yet you're everywhere hoping to sell your ordinary shafts and smoke story of the 'merits' of continuing with a colonial master and his mindless subjects in the SW colony of Lagos with 'Sir Lord Bolagard Tinumacpherson' as governor general.

When you're confronted with superior arguments, you betray your lack of moral rectitude or depth in modern politics with your stale rants of "Ipob" or you cross out the mention. You leave the message and make a lame, predictable attempt to attack the messenger instead.

You cannot handle the truth. Instead you prefer to continue to wallow in the mud of Zombeism and try to smear others with it.

So Tinubu has a blueprint for Lagos and every governor must follow his blueprint?? Hahahaha. Any governor (a whole executive governor o) that deviates from it must go. What other proof does anyone need again that Tinubu believes he actually owns Lagos?

So what if a different party wins Lagos, they must follow his blueprint too. LMAO. Which other past governor in Nigeria controls successive governors like that. Talk about gargantuan greed!! Me thinks the colony of Lagos should be seeking its second independence with immediate alacrity. Lol cool
Re: After Meeting With Buhari Tinubu Insist On Sanwo-olu by bigpicture001: 7:36am On Oct 02, 2018
Gbemishile1:
Lagos has really become a shithole
Ambode decided to throw away the blue print laid by tinubu and complemented by fashola
The hold up from mile 12 to keyu alone is thirty minutes
Cars are now passing brt lane thereby causing another hold up
Okada riders wey no fit pass express sef don get liver
Waste is another problem on its own

Nobody hates ambode
But we voted for you just because of the good works we saw fashola do in his administration
Its only logical that you face stiff penalties if you decide to go against what your party stands for

...get sense my guy..? did tinubu pay ur skl feez..? must u always say something cuz tinubu said it..?

Mr explanations, explain to us we d novice, y tinubu fought fashola not to run for second term...?

if u can giv a good reason, den shut nd read more sensible comments or better still kip tapping ur table nd not d key board if u must tap some thing....follow follow!!!!!!
Re: After Meeting With Buhari Tinubu Insist On Sanwo-olu by bigpicture001: 7:38am On Oct 02, 2018
bigpicture001:
...get sense my guy..? did tinubu pay ur skl feez..? must u always say something cuz tinubu said it..?

Mr explanations, explain to us we d novice, y tinubu fought fashola not to run for second term...?

if u cant giv a good reason, den shut nd read more sensible comments or better still kip tapping ur table nd not d key board if u must tap some thing....follow follow!!!!!!
Re: After Meeting With Buhari Tinubu Insist On Sanwo-olu by FarahAideed: 7:38am On Oct 02, 2018
deomelo:
PMB really need to just stay out of it and I'm glad Asiwaju conveyed that message.

Ambode is a disaster and he gots to go.

If Ambode is a disaster, what is Buhari? And yet you want Buhari to continue ...smh
Re: After Meeting With Buhari Tinubu Insist On Sanwo-olu by Nobody: 7:39am On Oct 02, 2018
The people are never to be trusted and relied upon. Ambode made a terrible mistake of placing the people ahead of the actual few power people that actually brought him into power. He suppose to balance both side. He has poor interpersonal skills. No politician is a saint so why not ensure a good relationship.
Re: After Meeting With Buhari Tinubu Insist On Sanwo-olu by Priceless49(m): 7:41am On Oct 02, 2018
Ambode goofed....he could v stay loyal to the system & the blue print..he neither has the support if his party nor the masses. everywhere is dirty & 300% increase on land use charge, Lagos light rail was abandoned, the disgraceful eviction of the state house pastor,No tangible projects except flyover despite trillion naira of budget & many more Bleep up of Ambode.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: After Meeting With Buhari Tinubu Insist On Sanwo-olu by Dickson25(m): 7:42am On Oct 02, 2018
Lifestone:
Ambode has brought down the standard of governance in Lagos.

How?
Re: After Meeting With Buhari Tinubu Insist On Sanwo-olu by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 7:43am On Oct 02, 2018
Naychuzzy:

Oh OK. You were there it seems

Re: After Meeting With Buhari Tinubu Insist On Sanwo-olu by SarakiBukola: 7:45am On Oct 02, 2018
ariesbull:

Did you hear the governor of Ebonyi táking a person Al swipe on Anambra saying he spread fake dollars or some low stuff

It's becoming shameful

It's either a Yoruba king will bicker a Yoruba king
Or a Yoruba governor will bicker a Yoruba governor yet their States is in shambles...look at Yoruba kids in Yoruba city marching yesterday...did you see how the environment looks dirty...and this is a Yoruba city

This should be a concern and I think Ambode should focus and be left alone y concentrate.

We must leave shadows ...what did Ambode do wrong ? Why is it that everyone that opposes some of you guys statement you assume it's Igbo ....look at a part of a city in Yoruba land as if yesterday October 1st .

This should be worrying you not Ambode

The lengthy epistle showed i hit a nerve.

Now go get a rope and hang.

Re: After Meeting With Buhari Tinubu Insist On Sanwo-olu by ariesbull: 7:49am On Oct 02, 2018
SarakiBukola:

The lengthy epistle showed i hit a nerve.

Now go get a rope and hang.

LoL...hit a nerve how ?
Re: After Meeting With Buhari Tinubu Insist On Sanwo-olu by Nobody: 7:49am On Oct 02, 2018
hilario12:
The people are never to be trusted and relied upon. Ambode made a terrible mistake of placing the people ahead of the actual few power people that actually brought him into power. He suppose to balance both side. He has poor interpersonal skills. No politician is a saint so why not ensure a good relationship.

In Lagos politics of today, tinubu no matter how bad he is should be wary of. One should not get too close with him and not too distance from him. You need strong interpersonal skill to shape such ppl to your favour.
Re: After Meeting With Buhari Tinubu Insist On Sanwo-olu by nokatakata: 7:50am On Oct 02, 2018
Luckyroro:
If they should go ahead with this kind of open direct primary then permit me to bid AA a peaceful farewell. I mean there's no way he's gonna pull anything out of this election as these party men will obviously want to follow the steps directed by their paymasters who are for Jagaban

Lol...i even think this method is better if ambode can empty all his pocket to bribe party members...at least people will see physically the number of people queuing up for him if they really want him, if they di not do an open election, and he loses, he might claim it was rigged. Even if he wins and they truly dont want him, it will still be rigged. Which ever way, if they do not want him, there is nothing he can do. All the people makinh noise and supporting him online wont be voting at the primaries.
Re: After Meeting With Buhari Tinubu Insist On Sanwo-olu by adasi678: 7:54am On Oct 02, 2018
I am not a politician neither a card carrying member of any political party.I am very sure people supporting ambode on this platform do not reside in lagos.The roads have not been bad like this.heaps of dustbins all over.what we can see are bus stops.he is a selfish and arrogant fellow.Maybe If you invested on PSP that involves millions of naira and you are skinned away.you will understand.He does all the projects with his friends and crony. What a selfish governor.
Re: After Meeting With Buhari Tinubu Insist On Sanwo-olu by Tomoyayi(m): 7:55am On Oct 02, 2018
sarrki:

I totally disagree

He did not settle them

Which to me is better

On point.
BAT is already making enemies, e go hear am.
Dem go chop him wings.
Re: After Meeting With Buhari Tinubu Insist On Sanwo-olu by ipobarecriminals: 7:58am On Oct 02, 2018
cool cool sad cool cool cool grin cheesy grin cheesy wink cheesy wink grin cool
Re: After Meeting With Buhari Tinubu Insist On Sanwo-olu by hermesprogidy(m): 7:58am On Oct 02, 2018
Gboy101:
..Tinubu eyes would soon clear. he is so confident because of federal government backing to ring the election like they did in Osun and ekiti
Rig the election, not ring.
Re: After Meeting With Buhari Tinubu Insist On Sanwo-olu by nokatakata: 7:59am On Oct 02, 2018
Naychuzzy:

Maybe. But in truth I must really say, Ambode will be defecting once he loses the primary. This man cannot be pushed out of the realm of politics completely all becos he had a fall out with some godfather. He wan spoil hin life ni abi na hin be the first person whey go help upcoming? Tinubu just wan mess him up completely man.

But ya'll quick to forget that this ambode was a nobody before now. He wasn't a politician. He was picked and given a chance. It is not by force to do 2 terms. Even if he doesn't go for second term, it is not the end of the world. Funny thing is if he accepts defeat and make up with party people, he can always get juicy appointments. He should not allow greed make him lose out completely. If he decamps to PDP what will he get there. The PDP guys are not stupid too. They know that he might do worst if they give him the opportunity in their party. The only reason they'll accept him is because they need his money to fund the party. I don't understand why some people are so desperate. Can't ambode survive without being governor?

1 Like

Re: After Meeting With Buhari Tinubu Insist On Sanwo-olu by NairaMaster1(m): 7:59am On Oct 02, 2018
deomelo:
PMB really need to just stay out of it and I'm glad Asiwaju conveyed that message.

Ambode is a disaster and he gots to go.

Follow Follow.

If Tinubu says yes now there you go.

1 Like

Re: After Meeting With Buhari Tinubu Insist On Sanwo-olu by Naychuzzy(m): 8:05am On Oct 02, 2018
nokatakata:

But ya'll quick to forget that this ambode was a nobody before now. He wasn't a politician. He was picked and given a chance. It is not by force to do 2 terms. Even if he doesn't go for second term, it is not the end of the world. Funny thing is if he accepts defeat and make up with party people, he can always get juicy appointments. He should not allow greed make him lose out completely. If he decamps to PDP what will he get there. The PDP guys are not stupid too. They know that he might do worst if they give him the opportunity in their party. The only reason they'll accept him is because they need his money to fund the party. I don't understand why some people are so desperate. Can't ambode survive without being governor?

You right but that doesn't seem to only be the point. Which is simply that Lagosians the real masses want him to continue, while even he himself typically deserves another term.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

30 People Killed On A Crowded Bridge In Borno After An Explosion / Ude Oko Chukwu Visits Checkpoint Where 3 Policemen Were Killed In Abiriba (Pics) / African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.