Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,444 members, 7,816,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

After Meeting With Buhari Tinubu Insist On Sanwo-olu - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / After Meeting With Buhari Tinubu Insist On Sanwo-olu (42183 Views)

Petition: Tribunal Orders Substituted Service On Sanwo-olu / Eze Chinedu Mozie: Igbo Leaders In Lagos Call On Sanwo-Olu To Release Chief / "Make Our Wet Dreams Come True" Written On Sanwo-Olu's Campaign Car (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After Meeting With Buhari Tinubu Insist On Sanwo-olu by 7lives: 9:32am On Oct 02, 2018
kunmiiii:

So he must be a PSP owner or worker before he wants the right thing to be done by them and the thousands of people in its employ...That's a pretty lazy way of seeing things and perception.

According to what I heard on TV, over 40,000 jobs was lost to the PSP LAWMA visionscape debacle.
What a wicked man, things are bad enough why further complications.
Re: After Meeting With Buhari Tinubu Insist On Sanwo-olu by 7lives: 9:50am On Oct 02, 2018
WritePal:

You have never made any valid points and no shame about it whatsoever. Yet you're everywhere hoping to sell your ordinary shafts and smoke story of the 'merits' of continuing with a colonial master and his mindless subjects in the SW colony of Lagos with 'Sir Lord Bolagard Tinumacpherson' as governor general.

When you're confronted with superior arguments, you betray your lack of moral rectitude or depth in modern politics with your stale rants of "Ipob" or you cross out the mention. You leave the message and make a lame, predictable attempt to attack the messenger instead.

You cannot handle the truth. Instead you prefer to continue to wallow in the mud of Zombeism and try to smear others with it.

So Tinubu has a blueprint for Lagos and every governor must follow his blueprint?? Hahahaha. Any governor (a whole executive governor o) that deviates from it must go. What other proof does anyone need again that Tinubu believes he actually owns Lagos?

So what if a different party wins Lagos, they must follow his blueprint too. LMAO. Which other past governor in Nigeria controls successive governors like that. Talk about gargantuan greed!! Me thinks the colony of Lagos should be seeking its second independence with immediate alacrity. Lol cool

Na so una go dey cry more than the bereaved, even Tinubu followed the Lagos master plan, which is the Jakande plan.
Go to Alausa and see the NONSENSE that Ambode have become, people are waiting to celebrate Bashorun Gaa's exit at Alausa you are here yerning opata.
Re: After Meeting With Buhari Tinubu Insist On Sanwo-olu by Malawian(m): 9:55am On Oct 02, 2018
Naychuzzy:
Wait guys. You know they say there's an element of truth in every rumor. A revelation was made concerning a phone between the two of them whereby after After the call, Ambo forgot to cut the call as he started raging and ranting to his colleagues about the stress and wahala of Tinubu. He was quoted as saying 'I gave him thiis, I gave him that. What else does he want again' and something similar to that.

I have a strong feeling that shit must be one of the major reasons he Tinubu is trying to mess him up big time.

Most of you dont even know what was going o behind the scene. Ambode was going to be the new Godfather in lagos, but they weren't going to stop at that, they were going to ridicle Tinubu. I personally sent and received (on behalf of one of their clique) those emails. I actually thought Tinubu was done for.
Re: After Meeting With Buhari Tinubu Insist On Sanwo-olu by 7lives: 10:04am On Oct 02, 2018
Malawian:

Most of you dont even know what was going o behind the scene. Ambode was going to be the new Godfather in lagos, but they weren't going to stop at that, they were going to ridicle Tinubu. I personally sent and received (on behalf of one of their clique) those emails. I actually thought Tinubu was done for.

Atari ajanaku ki ise eru omode, I go bookmark this page.
Re: After Meeting With Buhari Tinubu Insist On Sanwo-olu by Xano(m): 10:10am On Oct 02, 2018
sarrki:
Aside what we are believed to have happened
I think there is more to it
Ambode might have wronged Tinubu and other members that made him badly
Interesting
Godfatherism and Patriotism are not similar.
Re: After Meeting With Buhari Tinubu Insist On Sanwo-olu by Malawian(m): 10:14am On Oct 02, 2018
I was even supporting Ambode and co to deal with Tinubu cos i dont like godfatherism, it was when Ambode brought his Land use charge that i realized what the future holds. Tinubu is greedy, but he is fair and also not really a bigot. Ambode is greedy, he is not fair and he is a bigot. I support Tinubu in the struggle because Ambode is the alternative. Anybody that can sweep away both Tinubu and Ambode is welcomed by me.
Re: After Meeting With Buhari Tinubu Insist On Sanwo-olu by cptjacksparrow: 10:28am On Oct 02, 2018
I am not a Tinubu fan due to his interference in every government in Lagos, but i admire his leadership style to some extent, he listens to what the people are saying and put himself at the forefront of the struggle to make people see him as their leader. Mr Akinwunmi Ambode have not wronged Tinubu and Tinubu is not against Ambode, he (Tinubu) is only afraid of losing Lagos if he backs Ambode for second term because politics in Lagos is played at the grassroot not from bourdillon, Tinubu is only acting as the voice of his grassroot machineries. Ambode has stepped on the toes of these grassroot machineries who mobilize for them by withdrawing all their benefits e.g Lawma, PSP etc and those (visionscape) he gave the contract to have performed poorly. The governor also want to impose heavy tax (land use charge) on Lagosians which is anti people and government should be about the people. He has also been accused of abandoning Fashola's projects which is about the 'Lagos state masterplan' Tinubu talked about in his speech. Let us forget about Tinubu and evaluate the man Akinwunmi Ambode.

1 Like

Re: After Meeting With Buhari Tinubu Insist On Sanwo-olu by HomeOfMe(f): 10:43am On Oct 02, 2018
sarrki:

http://thenationonlineng.net/lagos-apc-tinubu-insists-on-sanwo-olu-for-ticket/

All Progressives Congress (APC) stalwart Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu said last night that his position on the candidates battling for the party’s governorship ticket remains.

Tinubu’s media adviser Tunde Rahman said last night in a statement on Tinubu’s meeting with the President in Abuja:

“Asiwaju Tinubu and Chief Bisi Akande were invited by President Buhari and it turned out to be a good and productive meeting. Asiwaju was quite pleased to have conferred with the President who has always shown himself to be a committed party member and a true democrat.

“Just like the President, he is looking forward to a good and credible primary that is peaceful and free of rancor. As previously stated, Asiwaju plans to vote in this primary and his position regarding the relative merits of the candidates remains unchanged.”

In the race are incumbent Akinwunmi Ambode and former Commissioner Jide Sanwo-Olu. The primary election is today.

Asiwaju said of his choice in a statement on Monday: “I am encouraged by the presence of a candidate in this primary, who has served the state in senior positions in my administration, the Fashola administration and even in the current one. While possessing a wealth of experience and exposure, he is a young man endowed with superlative vision and commitment.

“Most importantly, he understands the importance of the blueprint for development. He esteems it as a reliable and well-conceived vehicle for the future development of the state. He also knows the value of reaching out and working with others in order to maximise development and provide people the best leadership possible. With people like him at the helm, the state will write the proper history for itself.”

In 377 wards across 20 local governments, members of the APC will vote today.

Every card-carrying member of the party is eligible.

There will be no ballot box and ballot paper. Party members will queue behind the posters of their preferred aspirant.

The mode of the primary is “open direct primary”, which involves open and physical counting of members on queue behind the posters of their chosen aspirants.

They will be accredited by 9a.m. Election will take place by 12 noon. Members will show their APC Identification Card. No white slip will be accepted, Chairman Tunde Balogun said yesterday.

Posters of the two aspirants will be held by their agents. After accreditation, party members will queue behind them.

“They will be counted on the queue and recorded. After that, voting ends. The agents of aspirants will sign. Then, the results will be taken to the local governments, the final collation will be done at the state level,” Balogun told The Nation in an interview.
The chairman urged members to troop out to participate in the exercise.

He said the shadow poll will be very transparent and peaceful across the wards, urging members to maintain decorum as they participate in the exercise.”

Ambode is campaigning on continuity. Sanwo-Olu has promised an all-inclusve government – if elected.

Chairman of the electoral panel former Cross River State Governor Clemant Ebri attributed logistics challenge to the shift of the poll from Monday till today.

He told Ambode when he visited the Government House in Alausa: “I also like to apologise for the delay; it had to be postponed as a result of logistics in Lagos, Imo and some other states because of the pressure and work load from the secretariat and other developments that have taken place.”

Raising the stakes on the shadow election, Ebri said: “Lagos is more like a decider and like they say, when Lagos sneezes the rest of the country catches cold.

“So, that is why we are very careful about what we are doing and the National Chairman asked me to send his best wishes to you and ask us to come and do the right thing to the satisfaction of all members.

“Moreso, the President of this country stands for transparency and detests corruption and, a situation where no one feels manipulated.

“The process we are laying out is such that will ensure and guarantee transparency and credibility. We have people of integrity in this panel.

Other members of the panel are: Alhaji Ahmed Mahmud Gumel as secretary; Mr Nze Chidi Duru; Chief Clever Egbeji, Sen. Clever Ikisikpo and Ambassador Jerry Ugokwe.

On the integrity of the members, Ebri said: “These are not rookies in politics; they are people who have been tested. You can see senators, former governors, former deputy governor, former member of the House of Representatives; so, this is a star-studded team.

“I can assure you that we have all the experience that you want and you can think about to conduct this exercise. We assure you of our sincerity and transparency and we seek your cooperation in providing a level-playing field.’

Ambode replied: “I receive this election team as being acceptable and credible to me enough to discharge their civic responsibility to the best of their abilities and to also say that whatever it is that is the outcome of the primaries, your presence has also shown that this will be credible and this will be acceptable to me.”

“So, it is very clear to me, all I seek is credible primaries, transparent primaries and level playing ground that we will all be proud of at the end of the day for the outcome,” the governor said, adding:

“There were issues that we have raised that we are also trying to correct.

“The bottom line is this, we are family, we must not go into the elections divided because this is the very first time that our party is controlling the centre and also the state; that is what I want us to continue.

“The issues that I raised have been put in form of a letter which I will pass to the chairman and I believe the committee will look into it judiciously.

“And also I welcome the stakeholders meeting which will allow you feel the pulse of what is going on in the state.”

The panel’s members attended a stakeholders meeting at the Lagos State APC secretariat in Ogba last night to perfect the planning for the election.

Once in a while I follow my hubby to their apc exco or whatever they call it meeting. I'm not a supportter of any political party so that I can criticize without bias. I know that one of the reasons they fighting him is because he hardly makes money available for them to spend on some projects and doesn't settle some of the people who are meant to be settled monetarily in the party. So my question is,[sup][/sup]is the state money meant to be spent on settling corrupt members or the develop the people and Lagos state?
Re: After Meeting With Buhari Tinubu Insist On Sanwo-olu by bigpicture001: 10:50am On Oct 02, 2018
Gbemishile1:

Am not here to argue with an idiot who hasnt stepped a foot in Lagos or know the road to Lagos
U're just plain stupid bro
...bro, I was born in lagos. I lived all my life in festac, primary, secondary etc....i dont carry any city on my head like u. ur skl is a waste of tym, cuz u can't even tink properly. unless tinubu speaks, u cnt think politically
Re: After Meeting With Buhari Tinubu Insist On Sanwo-olu by olateju1990: 11:18am On Oct 02, 2018
forgive or not forgive this is battle ground and the result in two side ways is either you win or lose. come to think of it, if you do the right thing for first time dose necessary he should beg before they re-elect you
Awol1:
Tinubu has gone too far to retreat.

If he endorses Ambode now, Ambode might still not forgive him.
Re: After Meeting With Buhari Tinubu Insist On Sanwo-olu by Nobody: 11:44am On Oct 02, 2018
olateju1990:
forgive or not forgive this is battle ground and the result in two side ways is either you win or lose. come to think of it, if you do the right thing for first time dose necessary he should beg before they re-elect you

Sanwu-Olu might win
Re: After Meeting With Buhari Tinubu Insist On Sanwo-olu by Nobody: 11:57am On Oct 02, 2018
"He made Ambode Governor"..??.. No longer the electorates made him Governor??... U are a fool.
sarrki:

He made him the governor
So please don’t say what you don’t know
I also want Ambode
But the against are more than those in favor

Also the pdp goons and online miscreants showing love to Him damaged everything
Most especially the press conference they made him do
Re: After Meeting With Buhari Tinubu Insist On Sanwo-olu by Xmen149(m): 12:08pm On Oct 02, 2018
Awol1:

Sanwu-Olu might win

he has,. grin
Re: After Meeting With Buhari Tinubu Insist On Sanwo-olu by AFONJACOW(m): 2:15pm On Oct 02, 2018
erinalex:
but it is afonja's problem; why having sleepless night on our matters? "Tinubu has destroyed Lagos"; yet u IBOs cannot do anything without coming to Lagos. And u can't
possibly stays in ur hamlets.
Tinubu is this, is that; he has pockets Lagos; if he has pocketed Lagos, go to Jonathan's bayelsa,where u will b set free.
Afonjas are OK with Tinubu,stop complaining on our behalf.
Why is it, that once u hear that name
" TINUBU ", ur blood pressure always shots UP?
sophisticated slowpoke the rotten smelly mouth ThiefTinubu is using ur future and that of ur poor family/Generation dey play baba ijebu Inside His Bourdillon ikoyi mansion, ntooor tongue tongue
Re: After Meeting With Buhari Tinubu Insist On Sanwo-olu by erinalex: 3:12pm On Oct 02, 2018
AFONJACOW:
sophisticated slowpoke the rotten smelly mouth ThiefTinubu is using ur future and that of ur poor family/Generation dey play baba ijebu Inside His Bourdillon ikoyi mansion, ntooor tongue tongue
u can only rant on social media, u can only abuse me; my advice to u is,stop killing ur self on our matter.
Tinubu will continue to b our father. Deal with that. U are only crying here, your energy is better use for ur own region. May God bless u.
Re: After Meeting With Buhari Tinubu Insist On Sanwo-olu by AFONJACOW(m): 4:30pm On Oct 02, 2018
erinalex:
u can only rant on social media, u can only abuse me; my advice to u is,stop killing ur self on our matter.
Tinubu will continue to b our father. Deal with that. U are only crying here, your energy is better use for ur own region. May God bless u.
slavery mentality has became part of you so I'm not surprise, ask okoroawusa how market he will tell u god fatherism is a no no in igbo land, lol the fight is now between Apga and PDP, as for you, the Egypt you see today, you will see it again tomorrow ntooor tongue
Re: After Meeting With Buhari Tinubu Insist On Sanwo-olu by Andrewkinggg: 4:54pm On Oct 02, 2018
ebenco2000:
Ambode is neither , he is a governor of himself, his family members and friends. Many of you dont live in Lagos, you just come here to make nonsense comment, Ambode is behaving as if he is from opposition, abandoned all the projects started by Fashola, refused to pay contractors that worked for Fashola, wasting tax payers money on white elephant projects, roads are bad, canals are over flowing , hospitals dont get enough funding, schools are abandoned, . Fashola built 11 general hospitals when he was governor, built and renovated many schools, Ambode has done none since he got there only awarding big contracts to his friends and family members. He should go Lagosians dont want him again. If APC should make the mistake of giving him second chance, we will vote him out . He is a bad market that's why they don't want to field him.

You are a big LIAR, a FAT one at that.
I live in LAGOS and I can mention several project he initiated and completed, numerous projects. I will list them here for all to see.
1) The LASUTH hospital ikeja.
Ambode remodernised the hospital, created a packing lot, completed the surgery center started by Fashola, built gardens by road side from under the bridge to lagos state high court.
2) He remodernised the bridges in Ikeja and almost all roundabouts in Lagos was builtified by this man.
3) He lighted up all the roads in Lagos, all majors roads in Lagos.
4) He's the only governor who has touched inner roads in Lagos.
5) Security in Lagos is almost to been perfect.
6) Modernised all government schools in the state.
7) Created new jobs for lagosians.
cool This man gave Lagos a new FACE

All of these and so many more he is doing. I do not see how is the governor for his family and friends, there is no story of him appointing his family and friends in public offices. What is his crime?

Prior to now he was Tinubu's favorite and puppet. What has he done wrong? Where did he go wrong? Tinubu firms was known to be handling most of the contracts in the states. Why can't he let Ambode be the governor of the people? Why can't he be allowed to perform on people's mandate given to him?

This is totally and completely against DEMOCRACY. This is WRONG! There has never been anywhere an incumbent governor isn't allowed to go for a second term
Re: After Meeting With Buhari Tinubu Insist On Sanwo-olu by erinalex: 7:13am On Oct 03, 2018
AFONJACOW:
slavery mentality has became part of you so I'm not surprise, ask okoroawusa how market he will tell u god fatherism is a no no in igbo land, lol the fight is now between Apga and PDP, as for you, the Egypt you see today, you will see it again tomorrow ntooor tongue
but it is still my problem. Why crying more than d bereaved ?
Our god fatherism made us developed far more than ur region.
This "slavery" is d best for us.
U are "free"? Yet ur pple can't do without rushing down to " slave region ". Can u now see,how confused u pple are.
Tinubu is our father, if that gives u headache; jump to d river.
Stop putting Yoruba's problems on your own Head.
There are better things u can do with ur time, than wasting ur energy on Yoruba matters. We don't want your sympathy. OR is there anything bothering you, other than this Tinubu's issues ? Pity yourself and your region. Let Yorubas pity themselves.
Let d death, bury d death.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Danladi Umar Shouts At Raphael Oluyede, Saraki's Lawyer / FG To Probe Jim Obazee's Tenure As FRCN Boss / Bayo Omoboriowo Meets Baba Shettima, Abacha's Photographer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.