Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,623 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

Eze Chinedu Mozie: Igbo Leaders In Lagos Call On Sanwo-Olu To Release Chief - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eze Chinedu Mozie: Igbo Leaders In Lagos Call On Sanwo-Olu To Release Chief (42149 Views)

Petition: Tribunal Orders Substituted Service On Sanwo-olu / How Eze Chinedu Mozie Was Attacked, Injured In Lagos On Orders Of Oba Afeez / "Make Our Wet Dreams Come True" Written On Sanwo-Olu's Campaign Car (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eze Chinedu Mozie: Igbo Leaders In Lagos Call On Sanwo-Olu To Release Chief by Yorubalandlord(m): 6:13am On Mar 21, 2023
LAGOS—The Supreme Council of Ndi Eze Ndi Igbo in Lagos, yesterday, called on Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu of the state to release one of their traditional rulers, Eze Chinedu Mozie, detained by the police after he challenged thugs that stopped him and his people from voting in the just concluded governorship and House of Assembly elections at the riverine community of Ibasa Satellite town.

The council alleged Eze Mozie was manhandled and beaten up after he resisted an attempt by the thugs numbering over 50 to lynch him, as he ran into the palace of the Bale of the community for refuge only for the Bale to hand him over to the police, who arrested and took him to the State Criminal Investigations and Intelligence Bureau, SCIIB, Panti, Yaba and is still being detained.

In a statement by the Chairman, Vice-Chairman and Secretary of the council, Eze Lawrence Eze, Eze Vincent Iwobi and Eze Edwin Obi, they said the victim and Igbo community have lived peacefully with their host until the ugly incident and wondered why they should be restricted from exercising their constitutional rights in the same community.

According to the statement, “On March 18, 2023, Eze Mozie went out as the leader of Igbo community in Ibasa riverine to exercise his constitutional right of voting. In the course of doing this, he was accosted by Oba of Ibasa community, who bluntly told him that the Igbos were no longer allowed to participate in any electoral process in Lagos State, that it was an order from above.

“Eze Mozie explained that he has the constitutional right as a tax-paying citizen to exercise his voting right in his place of domicile. This explanation fell on deaf ears as the Oba authorised the youths of the community with masquerades to resist the Igbo community led by Eze Mozie from casting their votes by manhandling him.

“In a twinkle of an eye, it degenerated into physical exchange of blows with the use of cudgels, broken bottles, cutlasses and all manner of dangerous weapons by the Oba and his people against the Eze and other Igbos.

“Consequently, Eze tried to defend himself to avoid being lynched and ran into the palace of the Oba, who immediately summoned the police to effect the arrest of Eze Mozie by the police from Panti, while Eze Mozie was bleeding profusely from all parts of his body, unable to walk or talk and he is currently being detained at Panti.”

When contacted, Lagos State police spokesman, Benjamin Hyndai said he would investigate the report.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/03/igbo-leaders-in-lagos-call-on-sanwo-olu-to-release-detained-chief/

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Eze Chinedu Mozie: Igbo Leaders In Lagos Call On Sanwo-Olu To Release Chief by Yorubalandlord(m): 6:14am On Mar 21, 2023
Look at what APC has turned yoruba into, because according to them "Igbos taunted" and like cry babies they decided to throw tantrum. Now we know what APC/Yoruba mumu button is. Trust that the button will be pressed countless time, maybe one day, yorubas will burn Lagos down with everything in it because 'Igbos are calling Lagos a No Man's Land' according to them. I've never seen this childishness in my entire life, and trust me I have lived quite long.

APC on behalf of Yorubas have opened Pandora's box. They can blame Igbo all the want, but every other ethnic group they have offended with their barbarism know where the fault lies. They know who turned them away from exercising their rights to vote. And it isn't Igbo.

Jesus this is so disheartening, can't believe this.
We yorubas aren't like this before Apc came into our lives, we were a sophisticated tribe and accommodators, what happened to that?

Now the whole world have seen through us and what we are, just because of a simple election.

Let us not our those bad eggs among us, soil our name to the general public.
Yoruba ronu oooo...

168 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Eze Chinedu Mozie: Igbo Leaders In Lagos Call On Sanwo-Olu To Release Chief by incandescentena: 6:18am On Mar 21, 2023
Worthless thugs oppressing, suppressing electorates in a sofisticated metropolitan state like Lagos

Violence, Voter intimidation, vote buying, disinformation, confusing or misleading ballots, ballot stuffing, mis-recording of votes, destruction of ballots, tampering with voting machines, and voter impersonation are just a few that was marred during these election 2023

74 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Eze Chinedu Mozie: Igbo Leaders In Lagos Call On Sanwo-Olu To Release Chief by Henry22(m): 6:20am On Mar 21, 2023
With the number of Yorubas in the se and ss am yet to hear any story of disenfranchisement meted against them in those regions, but as they say "the hen always comes home to roost", it's just a matter of time but for now let us allow them have Thier filled day....

128 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Eze Chinedu Mozie: Igbo Leaders In Lagos Call On Sanwo-Olu To Release Chief by oyin44: 6:21am On Mar 21, 2023
Ibos, living with the people you don't like is not by force..

At least , you are not the only tribe living among the Yoruba people in lagos. .

And , if any of you felt that he or she is being cheated...

instead of constituting nuisance to the society. .abeg leave

426 Likes 44 Shares

Re: Eze Chinedu Mozie: Igbo Leaders In Lagos Call On Sanwo-Olu To Release Chief by Agrico1: 6:21am On Mar 21, 2023
Wahala...... Sanwo has a lot of mending to do cos the disunity in Lagos now is at a high level

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eze Chinedu Mozie: Igbo Leaders In Lagos Call On Sanwo-Olu To Release Chief by muykem: 6:21am On Mar 21, 2023
How sensible this story is to the writer? Let security agents do their work.

73 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Eze Chinedu Mozie: Igbo Leaders In Lagos Call On Sanwo-Olu To Release Chief by cocolacec(m): 6:24am On Mar 21, 2023
incandescentena:
Worthless thugs oppressing electorates in a sofisticated metropolitan state like Lagos
Like your useless unknown gunmen who stops Igbos from collecting pvc and killing INEC officials.

357 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Eze Chinedu Mozie: Igbo Leaders In Lagos Call On Sanwo-Olu To Release Chief by ekolobaba: 6:25am On Mar 21, 2023
grin grin grin

Eze gburu gburu of Lagos.

Ndi Igbo get eze for Lagos? Nna na wa oo.

101 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Eze Chinedu Mozie: Igbo Leaders In Lagos Call On Sanwo-Olu To Release Chief by Nobody: 6:26am On Mar 21, 2023
Sanwo Olu should release him, winners should embrace peace. Let’s all respect boundaries

12 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Eze Chinedu Mozie: Igbo Leaders In Lagos Call On Sanwo-Olu To Release Chief by Yorubalandlord(m): 6:27am On Mar 21, 2023
cocolacec:

Like your useless unknown gunmen who stops Igbos from collecting pvc and killing INEC officials.
Is that why eze chinedu mozie wasn't allow to vote.
I guess because he was ibo and that was the main reason the baale handed him to the police.

27 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Eze Chinedu Mozie: Igbo Leaders In Lagos Call On Sanwo-Olu To Release Chief by Mystic216: 6:29am On Mar 21, 2023
You can see the foolishness in Nigeria police and Sanwo Olu

Detaining an electorate for challenging thugs

Nigeria is cursed

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Eze Chinedu Mozie: Igbo Leaders In Lagos Call On Sanwo-Olu To Release Chief by MusaChukwudi: 6:30am On Mar 21, 2023
Yorubalandlord:
It is what APC has turned yoruba into, because according to them "Igbos taunted" and like cry babies they decided to throw tantrum. Now we know what APC/Yoruba mumu button is. Trust that the button will be pressed countless time, maybe one day, yorubas will burn Lagos down with everything in it because 'Igbos are calling Lagos a No Man's Land' according to them. I've never seen this childishness in my entire life, and trust me I have lived quite long.

APC on behalf of Yorubas have opened Pandora's box. They can blame Igbo all the want, but every other ethnic group they have offended with their barbarism know where the fault lies. They know who turned them away from exercising their rights to vote. And it isn't Igbo.

We yorubas aren't like this before Apc cane into our lives, we were a sophisticated tribe and accommodation, what happened to that?

Now the whole world have seen through us and what we are just because of a simple election.

Yoruba ronu oooo...

When are you BSTDS going back to the east?

We are fed up with you…..

384 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Eze Chinedu Mozie: Igbo Leaders In Lagos Call On Sanwo-Olu To Release Chief by MusaChukwudi: 6:30am On Mar 21, 2023
Mystic216:
You can see the foolishness in Nigeria police and Sanwo Olu

Detaining an electorate for challenging thugs

Nigeria is cursed

Isn’t it easier to go back to your region?

359 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Eze Chinedu Mozie: Igbo Leaders In Lagos Call On Sanwo-Olu To Release Chief by Yorubalandlord(m): 6:30am On Mar 21, 2023
ekolobaba:
grin grin grin

Where did you see eze guru gburur of lagos there?

Some yorubas are so sick.
Especially yoruba associated with APC in lagos.

Don't let your hate stop your progress in life

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Eze Chinedu Mozie: Igbo Leaders In Lagos Call On Sanwo-Olu To Release Chief by MusaChukwudi: 6:32am On Mar 21, 2023
ekolobaba:
grin grin grin

Yoruba’s fault ………!!!

359 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Eze Chinedu Mozie: Igbo Leaders In Lagos Call On Sanwo-Olu To Release Chief by MusaChukwudi: 6:33am On Mar 21, 2023
Yorubalandlord:
It is what APC has turned yoruba into, because according to them "Igbos taunted" and like cry babies they decided to throw tantrum. Now we know what APC/Yoruba mumu button is. Trust that the button will be pressed countless time, maybe one day, yorubas will burn Lagos down with everything in it because 'Igbos are calling Lagos a No Man's Land' according to them. I've never seen this childishness in my entire life, and trust me I have lived quite long.

We yorubas aren't like this before Apc cane into our lives, we were a sophisticated tribe and accommodation, what happened to that?

Now the whole world have seen through us and what we are just because of a simple election.

Yoruba ronu oooo...

STFU or go back to the EAST…..

360 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Eze Chinedu Mozie: Igbo Leaders In Lagos Call On Sanwo-Olu To Release Chief by Mindlog: 6:33am On Mar 21, 2023
Hmmm....
Re: Eze Chinedu Mozie: Igbo Leaders In Lagos Call On Sanwo-Olu To Release Chief by ekolobaba: 6:34am On Mar 21, 2023
Yorubalandlord:

Where did you see eze guru gburur of lagos there?

Some yorubas are so sick.
Especially yoruba associated with APC in lagos.

Don't let your hate stop your progress in life

Mechionu gi. Aturu like you.

Why the mumu dey call himself traditional ruler for another pesin land? I know say na why him carry chest like voltron before dem give am wotowoto.

Ndi ara.

98 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Eze Chinedu Mozie: Igbo Leaders In Lagos Call On Sanwo-Olu To Release Chief by incandescentena: 6:34am On Mar 21, 2023
cocolacec:

The first and most straightforward way to “rig” an election is to arrange to steal votes, disenfranchise voters, and that was exactly what your urchins did in Lagos the most sofisticated metropolitan state in Naija...and you celetrate their actions....smh

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eze Chinedu Mozie: Igbo Leaders In Lagos Call On Sanwo-Olu To Release Chief by ekolobaba: 6:36am On Mar 21, 2023
MusaChukwudi:

Yoruba’s fault ………!!!

The mumu dey even call himself traditional ruler outside alaigbo. Who the mumu dey rule over?

Abeg make dem leave am for jail make him get sense small.

390 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Eze Chinedu Mozie: Igbo Leaders In Lagos Call On Sanwo-Olu To Release Chief by alrahmanonline(m): 6:39am On Mar 21, 2023
Even God knows Yoruba are accommodating but Igbo people take it for weakness, My life Experience made me to be wary of Igbo, You'll rent apartment, When it's time to pay you begged the Landlord to give you some time, when the time reach you colluded with your wife to lie than the Landlord wanted to rape her. Matter reach Police station, Thank God Police sef get small sense Baba Landlord for die for prison, without you paying a dime and still living in the same apartment. Last last Police na Dem come pack out their load out.

393 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Eze Chinedu Mozie: Igbo Leaders In Lagos Call On Sanwo-Olu To Release Chief by Invictuse: 6:40am On Mar 21, 2023
The Lagos state govt should contact me I have two noble n practical suggestion that will encourage immigration by more Yorubas to Lagos n at the same time encourage emigration of igbos out of Lagos in droves but places like Abuja n PH should be ready to welcome them.

Yorubalandlord:

Yoruba ronu oooo...

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Eze Chinedu Mozie: Igbo Leaders In Lagos Call On Sanwo-Olu To Release Chief by Padipadi(m): 6:42am On Mar 21, 2023
Henry22:
With the number of Yorubas in the se and ss am yet to hear any story of disenfranchisement meted against them in those regions, but as they say "the hen always comes home to roost", it's just a matter of time but for now let us allow them have Thier filled day....
Those in the east are law abiding.
If you are in Rome, act like Romans.

75 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Eze Chinedu Mozie: Igbo Leaders In Lagos Call On Sanwo-Olu To Release Chief by Throwback: 6:43am On Mar 21, 2023
The matter should be thoroughly investigated without any sentiments.

If he is found without blame, he should be released with apology.

If he is found with blame, he should be treated according to the law with full respect for his constitutional rights.

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Eze Chinedu Mozie: Igbo Leaders In Lagos Call On Sanwo-Olu To Release Chief by primeache: 6:47am On Mar 21, 2023
This nuisance you Igbos are constituting in the sw would come with severe repercussions with time.

Why is no one talking about any other states?

Look at Rivers, Abia, Enugu, Anambra.K

Kano is on curfew.
Don't we have Igbos there?

When they declared sit at home, did other tribes not complied?

My advice to Yoruba youth forming woke.
Don't let anyone use your head.
Nigeria is a tribal country and you must defend your tribe and territory. Period!!!!

358 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Eze Chinedu Mozie: Igbo Leaders In Lagos Call On Sanwo-Olu To Release Chief by Racoon(m): 6:48am On Mar 21, 2023
The events of 1966 are replaying right before our eyes again. Noted for posterity. Whatever goes around come around.

2 Likes

Re: Eze Chinedu Mozie: Igbo Leaders In Lagos Call On Sanwo-Olu To Release Chief by kingthreat(m): 6:52am On Mar 21, 2023
Sanwo-Eko please kindly use your influence to get him released.
If there is any good thing I love about the governorship election is that the message has been passed loud and clear.
"LAGOS IS YORUBALAND"

64 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Eze Chinedu Mozie: Igbo Leaders In Lagos Call On Sanwo-Olu To Release Chief by Racoon(m): 6:58am On Mar 21, 2023
primeache:
This nuisance you Igbos are constituting in the sw would come with severe repercussions with time.Why is no one talking about any other states? Look at Rivers, Abia, Enugu, Anambra. Kano is on curfew.Don't we have Igbos there?

My advice to Yoruba youth forming woke.Don't let anyone use your head. Nigeria is a tribal country and you must defend your tribe and territory. Period!!!!
And No Yorubas in all those places you mentioned? Are they living in servitude or enjoying oppression because they are living in the middle of their hosts?

An election that was marked by voter suppression, ethnic discrimination, political thuggery, and violent attacks on voters, electoral staff and security personnel alike. Don't worry. It will reach everybody every where.

8 Likes

Re: Eze Chinedu Mozie: Igbo Leaders In Lagos Call On Sanwo-Olu To Release Chief by tunjiajayi: 7:03am On Mar 21, 2023
Mscheww.

1 Like

Re: Eze Chinedu Mozie: Igbo Leaders In Lagos Call On Sanwo-Olu To Release Chief by SWATMan: 7:05am On Mar 21, 2023
oyin44:
Ibos, living with the people you don't like is not by force..

At least , you are not the only tribe living among the Yoruba people in lagos. .

And , if any of you felt that he or she is being cheated...

instead of constituting nuisance to the society. .abeg leave

Pauper.

2 Likes

Re: Eze Chinedu Mozie: Igbo Leaders In Lagos Call On Sanwo-Olu To Release Chief by Iamgrey5(m): 7:07am On Mar 21, 2023
There are three sides to a story.

So let the Eze go to court to prove his innocence.

30 Likes 6 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Pictures From Eti-Osa-Lekki-Epe Concrete Expressway Road Project In Lagos / President Buhari Meets Adams Oshiomole In Aso Villa / BREAKING: Olorogun Felix Ibru Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.