Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,547 members, 7,816,329 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:38 AM

My Experience While Using Google Earth For The First Time. (PHOTOS) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Experience While Using Google Earth For The First Time. (PHOTOS) (31218 Views)

FRSC Arrests Mary Ikoku For Using Google Maps In Abuja / Man kills 4 schoolchildren In Anambra while using phone While Driving / Sahara Desert Is Covered In Snow For The Second Time(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience While Using Google Earth For The First Time. (PHOTOS) by OyinO: 7:02am On Oct 02, 2018
TechCapon:
TechCapon

No street view was available in almost the whole North Eastern region, too bad. Lagos is the only city in Nigeria with at least 60% coverage on Google earth. I navigated my way through Lagos and was surprised to discover that Lagos is very overrated especially Ikoyi. I was thinking I will see something similar to Dubai. No street view of Banana Island was available, reason best known to Google. Abuja and Port Harcourt has very limited coverage on Google Earth, this guys should hire me let me do the coverage for them. Bored with Nigeria wahala I flew to California…

America

Arriving in California, I was jumping excitedly from street to street like spiderman, I’m sure in real life I would be arrested for loitering. I entered Silicon Valley, everywhere looks so neat, cars are well parked, beautiful flowers, trees, just like heaven. The roads are superb. Then I flew to New Jersey, pot holes on some of the streets, dirty electrical wires everywhere on electric poles like cobwebs. I was amazed that they have such things in USA. A whole America, probably their own NEPA will also be disconnecting wire too grin grin

Final thoughts.

The fact that Nigeria has a very limited coverage on Google Earth, less than 5% is a big shame in this era where smartphones with camera is everywhere. I really commend Lagos, even Ikorodu and other Ghetto in Lagos has full street view coverage. It can be a source of employment to the youth to just go round major cities and take pictures of the streets and send to Google. I didn’t know Ghana is so beautiful until now, Capetown South Africa is like heaven, no wonder our Nigerian brothers there don’t like coming home, Lol. Google Earth has a search option where you’ll just enter the name of the street and voom, Google will fly you straight to that street anywhere in the world. I encourage everyone to use Google Earth, it’s a lovely experience. You don’t need to have visa to visit that city you’ve always wanted to visit.

SOURCE:https://techcapon.com/my-experience-after-using-google-earth-for-the-first-time/

WATCH VIDEO HERE

OP, for every advantage, there is a disadvantage and vice versa! This capturing can make anywhere bombable or easily tracked for covert military operations. As for Sambisa, Google just don't want you and i to see the picture of things because that region is classified restricted. Remember, it was sateliite that revealed how the first book harm leader was killed by some people. If someone can view you, the interior of your house and all your doings, ARE YOU SAFE? Globalisation is an NWO Agenda. Google is your friend, just as Google Earth is thrilling you so much. Go search what this global capturing truly means. Keep flying in vain.
Re: My Experience While Using Google Earth For The First Time. (PHOTOS) by jidxin(m): 7:03am On Oct 02, 2018
hisgrace090:
Google earth is nice but full of old images.

It need an update that will capture new buildings.
how old is 2017
Re: My Experience While Using Google Earth For The First Time. (PHOTOS) by dermmy(m): 7:03am On Oct 02, 2018
Did u see sambisa forest? grin
Re: My Experience While Using Google Earth For The First Time. (PHOTOS) by Queenext: 7:05am On Oct 02, 2018
Elbizzcklinz:

I'm Google local street guide, we've been helping to get various pictures to Google as well make sure that location are actually correct on Google.

To become one is not difficult.
Hit me up and I will share with you.
check mail
Re: My Experience While Using Google Earth For The First Time. (PHOTOS) by InfinixMine: 7:05am On Oct 02, 2018
Elbizzcklinz:

I'm Google local street guide, we've been helping to get various pictures to Google as well make sure that location are actually correct on Google.

Ok.. Hit me up please.
Re: My Experience While Using Google Earth For The First Time. (PHOTOS) by Adexvivacity(m): 7:05am On Oct 02, 2018
Wherever you go, always on your location on your smartphone. Automatically google will receive and record everywhere you go. Thats the way google earth is updated but most of us usually of our location.
Re: My Experience While Using Google Earth For The First Time. (PHOTOS) by JudasNaCarrot: 7:08am On Oct 02, 2018
edupedia:

....what kind of useless drug did u take so early this morning?....
I never even take....by the time I take am I will come for you.

Oye Iberibe!
Re: My Experience While Using Google Earth For The First Time. (PHOTOS) by wolesmile(m): 7:09am On Oct 02, 2018
JudasNaCarrot:
What does Buhari know?

The Dundee is taking Nigeria 500 years backward. Have you ever heard him talk or discuss anything about science and technology before....rather he talks much of what he knows best...cattle and archaic agricultural practices.

Mark Zuchaberg visited him in Abuja when he came to Nigeria,gave him an iPad only for this Dundee president to turn the gadget upside down and started laughing.....who didn't see it when it happened.

We can only get there when we boot out this lifeless uneducated man and elect someone who's Y2K and computer compliant.

Your hatred for Buhari will send you to an early grave. What has Mr President got to do with the topic being discussed?
You need serious help o! Serious one!

1 Like

Re: My Experience While Using Google Earth For The First Time. (PHOTOS) by durubennie(m): 7:11am On Oct 02, 2018
ITbomb:

A tech blogger for that matter
Shameful sad
I used Google Earth far back in 2012 when I bought my LG nexus 4 and it was already installed in it.
Even Nigeria tech bloggers are primitive if they aren't why are they always reviewing techno and infinix phones

1 Like

Re: My Experience While Using Google Earth For The First Time. (PHOTOS) by Diso60090(m): 7:12am On Oct 02, 2018
Ganzagangan:

He knows far better than you, go figure! At least he is not on this thread to make an out of context and moronic post like you.

Olodo rabata!

For your mind you don talk abi? Dey support bad thing there called boharis
Re: My Experience While Using Google Earth For The First Time. (PHOTOS) by Igboeze90: 7:16am On Oct 02, 2018
JudasNaCarrot:
What does Buhari know?

The Dundee is taking Nigeria 500 years backward. Have you ever heard him talk or discuss anything about science and technology before....rather he talks much of what he knows best...cattle and archaic agricultural practices.

Mark Zuchaberg visited him in Abuja when he came to Nigeria,gave him an iPad only for this Dundee president to turn the gadget upside down and started laughing.....who didn't see it when it happened.

We can only get there when we boot out this lifeless uneducated man and elect someone who's Y2K and computer compliant.
Re: My Experience While Using Google Earth For The First Time. (PHOTOS) by JudasNaCarrot: 7:18am On Oct 02, 2018
durubennie:
Op must be a very primitive man..
So this is your first time of using Google Earth
No wonder Nigerians are always technologically backward
What do you expect from the citizens when the President himself is uneducated and living in the 18th century.

A man who have never written a book in his life,never delivered any intellectual speech.
Even ordinary newspapers that he reads....he turns upside down and read only this cartoon section.

What else do you expect when science and technology is never the priority of this useless administration.

1 Like

Re: My Experience While Using Google Earth For The First Time. (PHOTOS) by MicroBox: 7:18am On Oct 02, 2018
I thought Google Earth is realtime images...
Can snapping and sending to Google be the answer?
Mapping and sending to Google would have be the best term.... So I think though.
Re: My Experience While Using Google Earth For The First Time. (PHOTOS) by Lucifer66(m): 7:19am On Oct 02, 2018
I was so disappointed that only about 5% of Nigeria is captured on Google Earth, the rest is just 2D satellite images from the sky. A far cry from what I saw in Ghana where almost every street on Ghana, Accra, Kumasi is fully captured. I dragged myself straight to Sambisa forest in Maiduguri hoping to see battlefield with serious action in pictures but was shocked to see lots structures with Aluminium roofs in SAMBISA FOREST. Hmmm, I fear o.
[/quote]
Am honestly surprised nigeria was even there sef. We are a global village, Ghana is far far better.

1 Like

Re: My Experience While Using Google Earth For The First Time. (PHOTOS) by able88(m): 7:20am On Oct 02, 2018
TechCapon:
TechCapon

No street view was available in almost the whole North Eastern region, too bad. Lagos is the only city in Nigeria with at least 60% coverage on Google earth. I navigated my way through Lagos and was surprised to discover that Lagos is very overrated especially Ikoyi. I was thinking I will see something similar to Dubai. No street view of Banana Island was available, reason best known to Google. Abuja and Port Harcourt has very limited coverage on Google Earth, this guys should hire me let me do the coverage for them. Bored with Nigeria wahala I flew to California…

America

Arriving in California, I was jumping excitedly from street to street like spiderman, I’m sure in real life I would be arrested for loitering. I entered Silicon Valley, everywhere looks so neat, cars are well parked, beautiful flowers, trees, just like heaven. The roads are superb. Then I flew to New Jersey, pot holes on some of the streets, dirty electrical wires everywhere on electric poles like cobwebs. I was amazed that they have such things in USA. A whole America, probably their own NEPA will also be disconnecting wire too grin grin

Final thoughts.

The fact that Nigeria has a very limited coverage on Google Earth, less than 5% is a big shame in this era where smartphones with camera is everywhere. I really commend Lagos, even Ikorodu and other Ghetto in Lagos has full street view coverage. It can be a source of employment to the youth to just go round major cities and take pictures of the streets and send to Google. I didn’t know Ghana is so beautiful until now, Capetown South Africa is like heaven, no wonder our Nigerian brothers there don’t like coming home, Lol. Google Earth has a search option where you’ll just enter the name of the street and voom, Google will fly you straight to that street anywhere in the world. I encourage everyone to use Google Earth, it’s a lovely experience. You don’t need to have visa to visit that city you’ve always wanted to visit.

SOURCE:https://techcapon.com/my-experience-after-using-google-earth-for-the-first-time/

WATCH VIDEO HERE

How did you set your preferences?
Mine is just showing blurred images even in street view

Re: My Experience While Using Google Earth For The First Time. (PHOTOS) by durubennie(m): 7:22am On Oct 02, 2018
JudasNaCarrot:
What do you expect from the citizens when the President himself is uneducated and living in the 18th century.

A man who have never written a book in his life,never delivered any intellectual speech.
Even ordinary newspapers that he reads....he turns upside down and read only this cartoon section.

What else do you expect when science and technology is never the priority of this useless administration.
Guy easy Buhari will go.. We shall vote him out angry
Re: My Experience While Using Google Earth For The First Time. (PHOTOS) by TechCapon(m): 7:23am On Oct 02, 2018
able88:

How did you set your preferences?
Mine is just showing blurred images even in street view
that's just a 3D map. Remove 3D.
Re: My Experience While Using Google Earth For The First Time. (PHOTOS) by Suzie1(f): 7:23am On Oct 02, 2018
TechCapon:
TechCapon

Today is the very first day I used Google Earth on my laptop and I can tell you it is the greatest feeling in the world. It’s just like catching a flight and flying to any city in the world in a matter of seconds.

Jesus, if you’ve never used Google earth before in your life, you’re missing out big time.

It feels like flying from one country to another anyhow you like. It was as if I was controlling my own private satellite with a very powerful camera attached to it and I have complete power to zoom in and out of every city I want. You don’t need to have visa to visit that city you’ve always wanted to visit.

While it is a very exciting experience, I must also warn you that if you don’t have enough data don’t bother because it is very data consuming. No body on this planet can visit every city on earth but with Google earth, you can teleport straight to that city and have a street view of what it looks like. One of the most fascinating things about Earth was simply scrolling around to see what the world looks like from above. Now, you can get a much more realistic look at things. The 3D mode renders the world so you can see things from any angle, based on data from satellites and Street View. The “I’m feeling lucky” button blasts you across the globe to a random location and brings up a knowledge card so you can learn more. The cards include a description from Wikipedia, really cool.

My experience exploring Nigeria

I was so disappointed that only about 5% of Nigeria is captured on Google Earth, the rest is just 2D satellite images from the sky. A far cry from what I saw in Ghana where almost every street on Ghana, Accra, Kumasi is fully captured. I dragged myself straight to Sambisa forest in Maiduguri hoping to see battlefield with serious action in pictures but was shocked to see lots structures with Aluminium roofs in SAMBISA FOREST. Hmmm, I fear o.

What relevance is that statement (bolded) to the information you are providing?

Overexcitement, I guess? Because you're just knowing what Google earth is all about?

Nice discovery by the way.
Re: My Experience While Using Google Earth For The First Time. (PHOTOS) by DORS(m): 7:23am On Oct 02, 2018
EddieCAD:

It's our duty to make it recognizable by Google.
I am a Google Local Guide, are you? Become a Google Local Guide today
please how can I become a Google Local Guide?
Re: My Experience While Using Google Earth For The First Time. (PHOTOS) by victorazyvictor(m): 7:26am On Oct 02, 2018
hisgrace090:
Google earth is nice but full of old images.

It need an update that will capture new buildings.

They do upgrade it, just that Nigeria is been neglected. It takes them at least 5-6years per upgrade (I've been following them)

1 Like

Re: My Experience While Using Google Earth For The First Time. (PHOTOS) by LilSmith55(m): 7:30am On Oct 02, 2018
kindy51:
I will try it out with Mtn midnight browsing cheesy

Use 4G Airtel sim
Re: My Experience While Using Google Earth For The First Time. (PHOTOS) by Ajiswaggs(m): 7:31am On Oct 02, 2018
kindy51:
I will try it out with Mtn midnight browsing cheesy
na minute browsing u still dey do when Mtn 1gb cheat every24hrs dey
Re: My Experience While Using Google Earth For The First Time. (PHOTOS) by Neejy(m): 7:32am On Oct 02, 2018
Elbizzcklinz:

bro hit me up abeg neejyhives@gmail.com
Re: My Experience While Using Google Earth For The First Time. (PHOTOS) by EddieCAD(m): 7:35am On Oct 02, 2018
DORS:

https://maps.google.com/localguides/howto

1 Like

Re: My Experience While Using Google Earth For The First Time. (PHOTOS) by Lucifer66(m): 7:35am On Oct 02, 2018
OyinO:

OP, for every advantage, there is a disadvantage and vice versa! This capturing can make anywhere bombable or easily tracked for covert military operations. As for Sambisa, Google just don't want you and i to see the picture of things because that region is classified restricted. Remember, it was sateliite that revealed how the first book harm leader was killed by some people. If someone can view you, the interior of your house and all your doings, ARE YOU SAFE? Globalisation is an NWO Agenda. Google is your friend, just as Google Earth is thrilling you so much. Go search what this global capturing truly means. Keep flying in vain.
So what? In the process of moving forward there will always be dangers,losses of lifes and disadvantages, Those are all normal things that must be taken.

1 Like

Re: My Experience While Using Google Earth For The First Time. (PHOTOS) by EddieCAD(m): 7:38am On Oct 02, 2018
DORS:

Send me ur whatsapp no. I want to create a whatsapp group for Google Local Guides, Nigeria
Re: My Experience While Using Google Earth For The First Time. (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 7:38am On Oct 02, 2018
meobizy:
I remember watching a tech documentary on BBC once which highlighted that most of the street views and maps of Ghana were carried out by a young startup run by youths like you and me. The participants realized their country was not represented on Google and decided to map out the areas by themselves, submit the results to Google via the internet and then wait for them to approve their findings.
True to form Google sent a team to physically cross-check the accuracy and the result is what you're seeing here.
In a country with a higher population and most people who claim they are educated it is funny we'll rather banter about the government than take such an initiative. This is not a case of government-anything because the white man has put the power in our hands. We should only reach out and grab the opportunity.
I forgot to add, Google hired the startup to cover the rest of Ghana in their absence. See how people chose to employ themselves.

Healer, heal thyself!!
Re: My Experience While Using Google Earth For The First Time. (PHOTOS) by EddieCAD(m): 7:40am On Oct 02, 2018
Olatara:
How do I become a local guide.

Send me ur whatsapp no. I want to create a whatsapp group for Google Local Guides, Nigeria
Re: My Experience While Using Google Earth For The First Time. (PHOTOS) by mcevans1(m): 7:40am On Oct 02, 2018
Elbizzcklinz:

Do I get paid in return? cheesy
Re: My Experience While Using Google Earth For The First Time. (PHOTOS) by Ajiswaggs(m): 7:41am On Oct 02, 2018
Elbizzcklinz:

im interested...this is my email Ajicom
Re: My Experience While Using Google Earth For The First Time. (PHOTOS) by Ajiswaggs(m): 7:41am On Oct 02, 2018
EddieCAD:

081572 please add me
Re: My Experience While Using Google Earth For The First Time. (PHOTOS) by clemz85(m): 7:43am On Oct 02, 2018
It's like spying cam,

The last time I use Google Earth, I zoomed my own area and I was able the year our region was last updated by the structures I saw,

For example, in PH there is a functional plaza now call king David plaza in Ebony road, what I saw in Google Earth was the lintel level of construction of that plaza, some current and new dualized terrain is missing too

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Malaysian Immigration Treats Nigerians Resisting Arrest / Update On Awka Millennium City (photos) / Bus On Fire In Calabar As One Burns To Death (Viewers' Discretion)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.