Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,181 members, 7,818,566 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

Writing Prompt 001 - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Writing Prompt 001 (365 Views)

NATASHA 001 / Generational Influencers League (GIL) Episode 001 Is Right Here! / Writing Prompt: Use The First Line To Continue A Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Writing Prompt 001 by pabon(m): 7:09am On Oct 02, 2018
The car jerked into life and I pulled out of the park. The only thing I could hear was my heart beating fast with the unmistakable feeling that I was being watched.

I wheeled into Trentford Lane where the traffic was less. If I wanted to lose whoever was tailing me, I had to have enough room on the road for myself. There was no way I was going to let anyone follow me home. I pressed hard on the gas and fired down.

I glanced into my rear mirror and saw it for the first time. It was an SUV. This person ought to be an amateur. Who ever went into this business and forgets to conceal himself? An SUV doesn't do for a spy

I was so going to have a nice time playing with this one. I took a turn around Green Lodge Street and took a swift turn into Macaulay Avenue. This was surely going to confuse whoever it was. I watched as the speedometer ran up till I confirmed I was going 100mph. There was a reason why I was referred to as 'Road rabbi' back in the days.

When I was sure I had lost whoever it was, I turned into Maverick road. The air had turned chilly as the breeze from the river was moving into land. I watched the houses pass with reckless abandon. I used to enjoy the view the first time I moved here. It was nothing like the other places I've spent my life. It's not like I had ever had time for sceneries as my job had required me to move very quickly. Come into town, get a hotel and put tracers on the bastard who got unfortunate enough to have angered my boss. Immediately he was dropped, I packed my stuff and exited the town, endeavoring to wipe away any trace that I ever set foot there.

I've seen the worse of cases, killed people from every walk of life. Only one hurts me. I see him everyday in my dreams. His face keeps coming back no matter how hard I tried to erase the memory. I remembered the look on his face before I took the shot. One bullet had done the job. I still have that bullet. It's my reminder that I was once a bloody assassin. No, I wasn't a bloody assassin. I was the bloody assassin. Which other assassin could kill a four-year old and still breathe oxygen like it was normal?

Well, that's what everyone thought. It's what I wanted them to think. That was why I even accepted another job right away and executed with my usual perfection. However, I was done after that. Never again to hold a riffle.

I drove into my compound at last towards the garage. I pushed a button from my car and the garage door slid up slowly. I drove in, the darkness hardly causing me any worries. This was home after all.

Careful to ensure the door was locked, I moved away from my car and towards the back of the garage and pressed the button. A lift takes me upstairs. A stench caught my nostrils, a reminder of the bag of decaying sandwiches I had bought three days back. I make up my mind to dispose of it when I was well rested and refreshed.

The ride up the elevator was fast and in no time, I was in my living room. I sat on my favorite sofa and carefully pulled the shoes from off my feet. I have stinking feet and so wriggled my nose immediately anticipating the smell and it never failed to disappoint.

Just then, I felt something cold on the back of my head.

"It ends today Nathan."

It was the only other voice I loathed, the only other that commanded fear like mine. It was Naomi, my ex-girlfriend and the most wanted assassin in all of Darkaf. She had promised to kill me when she met me again. I guess this is was it then.

This was a writing prompt from the words 'sandwiches' , 'elevator', and 'door'. I hope it was a good one.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Half Of A Yellow Sun / Plagiarized Don't Mess With A Righteous Woman / Finding Happiness - Episode 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.